SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IKEn't believe how outROYgeously hostile this thread is as of late.

That was absolutely horrible I will see myself out.

We need more FE characters that aren't lords, how about an archer like Wolt?

Overall I'd say Tiki and Anna are the best candidates for such a spot,I mean they are the most recurring FE characters that aren't main characters(Tiki is even the unit that is playable in more games than anyone else outside of DLC/spotpass)

However I also think that the Lord characters should use alternate colours based on other characters of their games,I really love that about Lucina.

Overall I'd say Tiki and Anna are the best candidates for such a spot,I mean they are the most recurring FE characters that aren't main characters(Tiki is even the unit that is playable in more games than anyone else outside of DLC/spotpass)

However I also think that the Lord characters should use alternate colours based on other characters of their games,I really love that about Lucina.

The thing is Lucinas color schemes should be based on who her possible mothers are. Not the popular waifus, that actually irks me about Lucinas alternates despite them looking nice. Sumia is the only mother possibility that is actually given an alt. Edited by Jedi

Tiki is playable in FE1, 3, 11, 12 and 13. The Pegasus Sisters are playable in 1, 2, 3,11 and 12. So yeah she does have five games under her belt but she's not the only one. And hopefully we'll get a Gaiden remake some time then the pegasus sisters will out do her. Then again Tiki might appear in a future game now.

In terms of appearances, the Whitewings and Camus beat out Tiki actually, due to the BS FE games. And yes, they do count.

The whitewings appear in one of the BS FE games plus Gaiden. Camus shows up in two of the BS FE games and is playable in one of 'em and he's in Gaiden.

Tiki is too big for Smash. Not really, but I don't think an FE manakete in dragon form is something I'd like to see, gives me the Ridley vibe.

Swords are very cool and never get old for me, lizard people I don't like. But each to their own. All I can see Anna using is a sword, maybe she can beat people with her heal staff.

Tiki is my favorite character in the Fire Emblem series but I don't have any interest in seeing her in smash (outside of assist trophy status). She's awesome in gameplay but in reality all she can really do is shoot fire at things. Unlike Ridley there's no real basis for any rush or tail attacks. Sure they could just put her in and give her a dragonish moveset that's almost entirely made up, but if they were going to do that then I'd rather they gave us a good ol space dragon and leave Fire Emblem to show potential in something from the actual games.

Edited by Jotari

As much as I love Tiki, I don't think she'd be a good candidate. The only way I could see her working out is if her transformations were limited to her specials and super move, much like Ben in Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion, a CN clone of SSB. (Has anyone played that game, BTW? I know it isn't that good, but...) Even then, I'm not so confident on Tiki.

I'd take a guess at Sakurai pulling another Roy, and showing off Kamui's super badassery before we get FEif.

Or, y'know, we just get Ephraim/MANLORD HECTOR.

The thing is Lucinas color schemes should be based on who her possible mothers are. Not the popular waifus, that actually irks me about Lucinas alternates despite them looking nice. Sumia is the only mother possibility that is actually given an alt.

Yes, yes, and even more yes. I really hated that only one of Lucy's alts were of her possible mothers. Honestly if it were up to me I would have given her all of her mothers' palettes (except for Robin and Maiden, for obvious reasons), Micaiah, Eirika, and Celica. She would represent her fellow lady lords as well as her possible mothers. Lyn would have been included, but she already exists as an assist trophy ~o3o~

jesus christ why do people get so mad about super smash bros

Yo. Smash Bros. is serious damn business.

I'm not even kidding, this shit means a lot to people (myself included).

Yo. Smash Bros. is serious damn business.

I'm not even kidding, this shit means a lot to people (myself included).

And the community has a reputation for having a short fuse for the silliest things.

I wish Micaiah had gotten in rather than Ike. Just for the obvious lulz. eue.

That's actually Catria (and I believe Palla as well). FE1, 2, 3, BS, 11, and 12.

Palla shows up in BS FE, but she's not playable. Only Catria and Est are. But in terms of overall appearances, Camus has them beat.

FE1, 2, 3, TWO of the BS FE games, 11, 12 and 13 as a spotpass unit.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Palla shows up in BS FE, but she's not playable. Only Catria and Est are. But in terms of overall appearances, Camus has them beat.

FE1, 2, 3, TWO of the BS FE games, 11, 12 and 13 as a spotpass unit.

Not playable in 1 or 11 though. So then he loses to Anna in the running of playable character with the most appearances, and loses to the Whitewings for most playable appearances.

I did look at all the links in this thread talking about the hackers found the data about Roy and Ryu were founded in the patch, but, are you guys sure that was the same Ryu from the Street Fighter series? I didn't see them mentioned about "that it was the Ryu was from Street Fighter" in their posts. I could possibly think that it could also be the other Ryu from Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series if they possibly confirmed it that sound file wasn't Ryu from the Street Fighter series. (That I only know of two video game characters named Ryu from Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive that I heard of right now)

And also, I glad to hear about Roy is going to return as DLC.

Edited by King Marth 64

I did look at all the links in this thread talking about the hackers found the data about Roy and Ryu were founded in the patch, but, are you guys sure that was the same Ryu from the Street Fighter series? I didn't see them mentioned about "that it was the Ryu was from Street Fighter" in their posts. I could possibly think that it could also be the other Ryu from Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive series if they possibly confirmed it that sound file wasn't Ryu from the Street Fighter series. (That I only know of two video game characters named Ryu from Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive that I heard of right now)

And also, I glad to hear about Roy is going to return as DLC.

The victory jingle that was labeled with Ryu was a song from Street Fighter, along with another audio track that was from Street Fighter too