SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only character I'd like to see for DLC is an Inkling from Splatoon. I think the idea of a mobility based character that, while weak, has the options that always allow them to get to an advantageous position could be really interesting. I think they'll get in at some point considering Splatoon is the first new IP Nintendo has produced (as opposed to just published) since the Wii Sports games.

Edited by stick

Ike's a swordsman but he still filled the niche of a heavy hitter with good range but with a (comparatively) light weight. I do think the roster should have a few more magic users but if they put Micaiah in there she'd probably be more similar to Zelda than Ike is to Marth. Not that that's particularly a bad thing. I just don't want Ike's importance on the roster from a design standpoint to be understated.

Yeah, Ike fills a unique niche as a fighter, and "blue haired swordsman" is a pretty superficial similarity to Marth. Ike's uniqueness is why he appealed to me in a way Roy never did, and probably why I ever took interest in Fire Emblem as a series.

I honestly find Roy's inclusion to be extremely redundant if it's true, but it's not like I'm being forced to buy his DLC, so don't see the problem. Just really hope Wolf gets in.

Edited by Radiant head

Only character I'd like to see for DLC is an Inkling from Splatoon. I think the idea of a mobility based character that, while weak, has the options that always allow them to get to an advantageous position could be really interesting. I think they'll get in at some point considering Splatoon is the first new IP Nintendo has produced (as opposed to just published) since the Wii Sports games.

You. I like you.

I'll say the Inkling is a pretty good bet. She's a pretty popular choice in the polls for a character whose game is not even out yet, and given how heavily Nintendo is pushing Splatoon, promotion through Smash is pretty much all that's left for them to do (well, that and a tie-in cartoon, but it's not like many Nintendo IPs get that).

Splatoon is also coming out in the middle of the whole Smash Ballot event, so I expect Inkling's Smash poll popularity to really rise after that.

tbh Ice Climbers can go crawl in a hole and die

You can crawl in a hole and die.

arr. Its not happening anyway. There was a reason they were cut in the first place. Otherwise, we'd likely have them by default.

That's why I said what I did. DLC changes the game around, and while I don't think they're super likely or anything, I do think there's hope.

Inkling makes loads of sense as a DLC character. I mean, if Splatoon is that successful, (and it looks like it might be) why not include Inkling? Plus their moveset would be relatively unique.

Inkling makes loads of sense as a DLC character. I mean, if Splatoon is that successful, (and it looks like it might be) why not include Inkling? Plus their moveset would be relatively unique.

As threatening as I find copious amounts of paint, I'm not sure what extreme variety that super soakers will bring to the Smash universe. I can't wrap my head around paintball dealing effective damage

Edited by Sara.

You can crawl in a hole and die.

Poly for DLC! My only concern is that dig seppuku would be a little too overpowered, maybe he could just make himself a cheese sandwich instead?

In a completely unsubtle attempt to tell everyone that I'm bored with the current topic, how's everyone finding the other characters in the update? A few of the top tier peeps have been nerfed, aside from Yoshi, so I'm wondering how the tourney crowd will adapt.

RIP Link's jab-lock, you were much loved.

both my mains lost one of their best kill moves

link lost jab-cancel (fuck the jab-lock, but jab1->dsmash was so good)

he can't uthrow kill as easily anymore iirc

and then sheik lost one of her ONLY remaining kill moves (bair)

like seriously what the fuck

this update sucks :<

mewtwo is nice and I GUESS the diddy nerfs are ok

but ;/

link lost jab-cancel (fuck the jab-lock, but jab1->dsmash was so good)

he can't uthrow kill as easily anymore iirc

Truth be told, I don't think I've ever really used U-throw, but the jab shenanigans will be sorely missed.

As threatening as I find copious amounts of paint, I'm not sure what extreme variety that super soakers will bring to the Smash universe. I can't wrap my head around paintball dealing effective damage

The paint wouldn't, but the paint on the ground would create a mess that Inklings could swim back and forth between. It'd create a very strong defensive game considering the character has the option to flee to anywhere there's paint. It'd be really defensive like Rosalina and Villager, and it'd be balanced by the fact that Inkling struggles to kill (which fits thematically considering the goal of the game isn't to continuously kill your opponent, but to gain control of the level).

I feel like Inkling would be similar to Villager and...

The paint wouldn't, but the paint on the ground would create a mess that Inklings could swim back and forth between. It'd create a very strong defensive game considering the character has the option to flee to anywhere there's paint. It'd be really defensive like Rosalina and Villager, and it'd be balanced by the fact that Inkling struggles to kill (which fits thematically considering the goal of the game isn't to continuously kill your opponent, but to gain control of the level).

What this one said. (slippy trip paint could really ruin someone's day)

I don't think the paint should trip, but it should impact traction and reduce speed. Tripping paint would be the second coming of Timber Counter sapling.

Villager doesn't struggle to kill though, having such a strong Fsmash, a decent Upsmash, Utilt and Uair/Dair. Sm4sh is a long way away from building a defensive character that can't just go hyperoffense to win

As much as I hate to admit to it, Inkling would make sense for DLC. Too bad for me that it'd be yet another DLC I wouldn't buy... :(

I want some DLC that I WILL buy already. I just got Mewtwo because I got the code for free and all and decided I shouldn't just waste a freebie like that. But I don't want to buy Lucas or Roy. I wouldn't mind adding Ryu to my game though. I kinda want to do some Ike vs Ryu, aka muscley headband dudes match! XD

Jotari makes a good point. Ike fills the role of a heavy and hard hitting sword guy. His sword even feels more like a club than an actual sword in Smash. :P

And yeah, now that I think about it, Micaiah would be similar to Zelda, who is also completely magical, only with all light instead of wind, fire, and teleportation. More magic users would be nice, but I like Micaiah even less than I do Roy. So if another magic user must be in, well... Remember who I voted for in the ballot? lol

WIND MAGE VAATI

or Black Mage

Poly for DLC! My only concern is that dig seppuku would be a little too overpowered, maybe he could just make himself a cheese sandwich instead?

I'd just jiggle around instead, pls

I don't even know who that is... Sorry.

They put him in Mario Hoops (it's from the Final Fantasy, from the first game to like today)

mh3o3_black_mage_1280.jpg

I was talking with the guys in skype and thought Mog might make an appearance, since Squaresoft already met with Nintendo in MarioHoops

I'd imagine that if a Square-Enix character made it in, they'd go for an actual character rather than a generic class-type character.

Man, Squeenix has so many characters that would be awesome in Smash. Crono, Agnes, Neku... the list goes on.