SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

2 more available DLC slots! Hackers have found it. So far we have:

-Mewtwo

-Lucas

-Roy

-Ryu

-Unknown fighter

-Unknown fighter

Considering the fact that hackers have found even more, I'd say Roy and Ryu are 100% coming to Smash as DLC.

Unless Sakurai decides to scrap these files and discontinue the current development of these characters in favor of another fighter, wasting more development time considering that if they put the files into the game they must have completed a certain amount of Ryu and Roy.

For the last two spaces. Realistically I'd say it's going to be either Issac and Dixie Kong for the Smash Ballot slot. That leaves one space for a character chosen by Sakurai if the Smash Ballot will only have one winner. I'd say Wolf has a very great chance.

Sakurai already said Ridley was too big, making the size argument invalid for Ridley supporters. If King K Rool is bigger than Donkey Kong, I'm certain that he won't be making it in.

Edited by Rabbattack

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Mewtwo

-Lucas

-Roy

-Ryu

-Unknown fighter

-Unknown fighter

Considering the fact that hackers have found even more, I'd say Roy and Ryu are 100% coming to Smash as DLC.

Two unknown fighters... who could they be? Lyn is obviously one of them, and..Wolf?

Two unknown fighters... who could they be? Lyn is obviously one of them, and..Wolf?

I'm all for Lyn. That Sword and Bow would really make her unique just like how Robin is. A fast Fire Emblem character in Smash with good evasion and a bow would be interesting.

It's sad how only Link has a bow. Archers are so cool.

The victory jingle that was labeled with Ryu was a song from Street Fighter, along with another audio track that was from Street Fighter too

Where did you find or heard this about at the song was from Street Fighter at? (I do wanted to hear it also)

-Mewtwo

-Lucas

-Roy

-Ryu

-Unknown fighter

-Unknown fighter

Where did you find these at they discovered that there were two more unknown fighters appearing in this game?

It can't be Lyn, she's still an Assist Trophy in this game also.

Where did you find or heard this about at the song was from Street Fighter at? (I do wanted to hear it also)

The first person to find the files uploaded all of the songs to dropbox, where people downloaded and listened to it and identified the tracks

The dropbox links have since been taken down (presumably cause copyright) but I downloaded them I can confirm it

Where did you find or heard this about at the song was from Street Fighter at? (I do wanted to hear it also) Where did you find these at they discovered that there were two more unknown fighters appearing in this game? It can't be Lyn, she's still an Assist Trophy in this game also.

http://www.thegamingpixelshow.com/smash-bros-3ds-wii-data-shows-5-open-character-slots/

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/06/theres-five-blank-spots-on-the-super-smash-bros-character-lineup/

I just found a random site, so here.

I also forgot to mention that there will be 7 new DLC stages.

I just heard about this from that Etika guy on YouTube.

Edited by Rabbattack

The two new DLC slots could be many many things. More previous veterans, another character for Sega/Namco. Among other things.

Rabba do you have a link for reference?

Edit: Thank you.

Edited by Jedi

The 5 "slots" on the Smash Bros. site almost definitely mean absolutely nothing. They're just the result of not having anything to fill in there.

But, wouldn't that be possible be more of a mystery and possibly be a clue since that image you showed earlier that the 5 Marios (but, I don't know why those five of them showed up as "Mario" in the data for all of a sudden?) showed up on the data after Mewtwo could possibly be placed it for Lucas as he been confirmed and uncovered Roy and Ryu as three out of five DLC characters confirmed in the data?

Dunno if the 5 spots is legit but it seems like a likely amount of DLC fighters. I don't think there will be that many since it takes a lot of work. If Roy and Ryu turn out to be real, and Wolf comes back as I expect around the time StarFox U launches, that leaves one winner from the poll.

A hacker found this in the data:

GTZ59o2.png

Note the 5 "Mario"'s right after Mewtwo.

- Mario

- Dr Mario

- Cat Mario

- Metal Mario

- Tanooki Mario

Confirmed?!

Dunno if the 5 spots is legit but it seems like a likely amount of DLC fighters. I don't think there will be that many since it takes a lot of work. If Roy and Ryu turn out to be real, and Wolf comes back as I expect around the time StarFox U launches, that leaves one winner from the poll.

- Mario

- Dr Mario

- Cat Mario

- Metal Mario

- Tanooki Mario

Confirmed?!

Great, five more Luigi's Mansion reps?

It's not silly to them.

Attention to detail is commendable. I'll give smash bros fans that.

But the way people get upset is... just... I can't even find the word.

To be passionate about the subject is fine... but at others' expense is ridiculous. "How dare you have a dissenting opinion? Come back when you can justify that scrub. How dare you like this character? They're a waste of dlc space."

It's general fighting game crap throwing fest. Except people are trying to say it isn't. Newcomers have a hard time actually being encouraged to be newbies because they feel pressured to "know everything" and it ends up making them look even less knowledgeable.

Just take a look at this thread. Sometimes, it feels like a parody. The crap throwing fest squeezed between other posts.

Especially with certain users playing victim just because they "can't be disappointed".

Integrity has the right view as an unbiased party. Forgive me, Red Fox, but while you are passionate about smash, I really expect that a global mod shouldn't say comments as "you should go die in a hole" just because it's a shot at a character lost from the roster. Mods are put on a pedestal, especially in high tension threads like this, aren't they? You meant to snark back, but did a character that got cut really hit a nerve for you that much?

Edit: Clarifying that the last part is a point about how everyone, including you mods are also susceptible to getting trolled on something you're passionate about, and how the smash community gets that "upset at silly things" because it's borderline obsessive. This is not a personal attack.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just take a look at this thread. Sometimes, it feels like a parody.

I'll have you know I take the topic title very seriously!

Truth be told, Smash seems to bring out the worst in some people, I'm not too surprised at that, especially when Nintendo has essentially given people a reason to shove their opinions down each others throats. Some people just don't have the mature mentality to discuss things civilly.

On an unrelated note, Mewtwo in 8 days hype! I never played much Melee but I'm curious to see what's in store, especially after the mixed bag of things I've heard.

Guys, I just had the best idea.

We basically have Ryu confirmed.

What if we put Terry Bogard in to counter him.

IT'D BE GREAT

MORE ACTUAL FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS

ACTUAL MOVESET POTENTIAL

ALL THE ENGRISH

SNK NEEDS MONEY FROM NOT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF WITH METAL SLUG PRICES ANYWAY

IT'D BE PERFECT

VOTE TERRY BOGARD FOR SMASH 4 2015

A VOTE FOR TERRY IS A VOTE FOR... UH... VOTE TERRY

Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

tbh I'm kind of SUPER CURIOUS what the fuck toon zelda / toon sheik were supposed to be

like if tink is link but faster and comboier, but less hard-hitting...what the hell is toon sheik supposed to be???

sheik is already the queen of "I can combo the shit out of you but I have no idea what killing is" how could toon sheik possibly top that (I feel like if her range were worse, tho, that might significantly alter the dynamic maybe? idk)

a faster zelda with a smaller hurtbox would be pretty sick tho

I kinda want toon zelda/sheik in more than other zelda reps at this point...

Have we ever seen any evidence of Toon Sheik? As far as I know here was only something to suggest Toon Zelda could transform, nothing to necessarily suggest Toon Shiek. In which case Tetra as a transformation would make a lot more sense.

Edited by Jotari

Have we ever seen any evidence of Toon Sheik? As far as I know here was only something to suggest Toon Zelda could transform, nothing to necessarily suggest Toon Shiek. In which case Tetra has a transformation would make a lot more sense.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Beta_elements_(SSBB)#Scrapped_characters

the name in the code is "toon sheik" but I would ASSUME it's actually talking about tetra

that being said I'd imagine she'd still be a semi-clone at most

e: http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-a-full-list-of-the-files-found-on-smash-bros-brawl-disk-update--68272.phtml

Edited by Euklyd

Forgive me, Red Fox, but while you are passionate about smash, I really expect that a global mod shouldn't say comments as "you should go die in a hole" just because it's a shot at a character lost from the roster. Mods are put on a pedestal, especially in high tension threads like this, aren't they? You meant to snark back, but did a character that got cut really hit a nerve for you that much?

Maybe it didn't deserve that exact response, but to mention that I want a character back and to then have someone randomly respond that the character can "die in a hole"? I mean, what the fuck? That's the kind of shit Ana is constantly chastised for (arguably worse in this case).

As a moderator, a comment like that is very unsavory and shouldn't just be let go, and yeah, it hit a nerve. Could I have dealt with it in a more "mod-like" way? Yeah. After all, I did get warned for it.

But anyway, before this gets any worse, lemme cut it off right here and say that if you have anything else to say to me on this matter, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Guys, I just had the best idea.

We basically have Ryu confirmed.

What if we put Terry Bogard in to counter him.

IT'D BE GREAT

MORE ACTUAL FIGHTING GAME CHARACTERS

ACTUAL MOVESET POTENTIAL

ALL THE ENGRISH

SNK NEEDS MONEY FROM NOT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF WITH METAL SLUG PRICES ANYWAY

IT'D BE PERFECT

VOTE TERRY BOGARD FOR SMASH 4 2015

A VOTE FOR TERRY IS A VOTE FOR... UH... VOTE TERRY

I wish SNK Playmore isn't in such a rut. It's just... the Ash Saga made the whole series worser imo

What will his Final Smash be? I can only see him having B moves.

B- Power Wave

Side B - Burning Knuckle or probably Buster Wolf (maybe as a custom)

Down B - Crack shoot

Up B - Rising Tackle