SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a Roy fan when he was playable in Melee, but if he's returning, then that would still please me. I'm in the minority, but I actually rather liked him as a lord.

As for Ryu. I'm sure he's great, but I know very very little about street figher. Its a bit odd that Capcom gets two representatives though.

Yeah Mewtwo doesn't have any custom moves. The same's text boxes are different for Mewtwo than the other characters who don't have any customs unlocked yet. Presumably Lucas and other DLC characters won't get them either.

I wonder how this will shape the custom move argument for Evo.

Better than not having them at all. lol

Thanks for the info. Especially for also adding the price.

Hmmm,...different prices for each version. Kinda weird. Anyway, I just hope they don't end up selling custom moves as DLC or something. Or that they demand the inevitable Mewtwo Amiibo to unlock them. Still, having no Custom moves feels somewhat half-hearted.

Mewtwo has no custom moves? That's kind of unfair when everyone else does. Maybe those will come in later updates though. I can't imagine Mewtwo staying custom-less forever.

I downloaded him and stuff though, just so the codes I got don't go to waste. I've got a more complete roster anyway, which I like. :P

I got some more challenges and trophies while I was playing the game too. I have 59 challenges complete in the Wii U version. I swear though, the Wii U challenges are on a whole new level from the 3DS ones. They are a lot harder. o.o

It's already been confirmed that he won't get any custom moves as it clearly says in parenthesis in his custom moves page that he has no custom moves to get.
There were two of the rest that I never completed which were...
-Complete All Star On hard with Duck Hunt.
-Clear Intensity 9.0 without losing a life.

I don't think Roy has NO chance, you're right that he's one of the only cut characters that wasn't a different form of another character and all. I just think his chances are slim due to already having four FE reps, Ike taking over the flaming sword business, and Roy not being unique. Yeah, we all know he can get a unique moveset, but he's still just yet another plain sword user, like I said.

It's the same reason why Chrom didn't make it. So Roy=No chance.

It's already been confirmed that he won't get any custom moves as it clearly says in parenthesis in his custom moves page that he has no custom moves to get.

I didn't know that the customs page saying he has no custom moves to get meant that he'll never get customs built into the game via DLC or otherwise. I interpret it as "Hey kids don't waste your time trying to get Mewtwo customs there aren't any unlockable customs in the game right now" not "Mewtwo will never be given customs".

I'm not that exited for Roy(if he returns)

I mean not only was he a clone of marth in melee(and we've got already lucina who is an even clonier clone),which might mean that he's going to be a clone this time around again(I mean they didn't really change the movesets of lucas and Mewtwo didn't they?),but overall Roy is kinda.....unimportant.

Marth and Ike are the 2 most iconic fire emblem characters and the ones who were main characters in more than one game(if i remember correctly leaf wasn't a main character in FE4).Robin is pretty much the poster child of the MU,which seems to be now standard for FE,not to mention a character who finally uses magic and not just swords.

Roy on the other hand had just one game and thats about it....

Edited by BlueLore

two, if you want to get technical

Roy's game was never even localized either. Marth was Japan only at first as well, but eventually he hit the west.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not that exited for Roy(if he returns)

I mean not only was he a clone of marth in melee(and we've got already lucina who is an even clonier clone),which might mean that he's going to be a clone this time around again(I mean they didn't really change the movesets of lucas and Mewtwo didn't they?),but overall Roy is kinda.....unimportant.

Marth and Ike are the 2 most iconic fire emblem characters and the ones who were main characters in more than one game(if i remember correctly leaf wasn't a main character in FE4).Robin is pretty much the poster child of the MU,which seems to be now standard for FE,not to mention a character who finally uses magic and not just swords.

Sheik and Dark Pit among others are less relevant than Roy and they are there. Also Roy being there would allow every era of FE be represented. Plus he's popular in Japan and with the west smash crowd to an extent.Also your overstating Ikes relevance a bit, you seem to forget the Japanese populous for the most part didn't even realize radiant dawn existed when Ike had his redesign in smash.

Roy's game was never even localized either. Marth was Japan only at first as well, but eventually he hit the west.

Explain Lucas's return then.

Lucas is from a much smaller, more niche series that only ever got ONE game localized compared to FE's seven (including the new one coming out).

two, if you want to get technical

If we want to get really technical, Roy has appeared in four games.

I don't remember if there was a Roy sticker in Brawl, but if there was then that makes five games.

Lucas is from a much smaller, more niche series that only ever got ONE game localized compared to FE's seven (including the new one coming out).

Thank you for proving for me the irrelevance of the Mother series at large. (No offense to its fans, I'm one myself). But Lucas just proves the relevance argument is null and void.

Sakurai has a huge attachment to every character, it nearly kills him each game to even cut 1 character, he's trying to give back, and people are bashing him for adding more people to an already awesome roster.

If you don't like Roy, then don't buy him.

Why complain about something you aren't going to get?

Edited by stick

Thank you for proving for me the irrelevance of the Mother series at large. (No offense to its fans, I'm one myself). But Lucas just proves the relevance argument is null and void.

Sakurai has a huge attachment to every character, it nearly kills him each game to even cut 1 character, he's trying to give back, and people are bashing him for adding more people to an already awesome roster.

No, he doesn't. Like I said, Lucas's series is small and niche, unlike FE. There aren't really any better choices you can make for the Mother series right now besides Lucas since Ness is still in. Whereas, FE has a bunch more relevant characters besides Roy, some of which could be more unique as FE reps in Smash.

Nobody is bashing Sakurai. I'm not saying he's stupid or an idiot or anything. I simply think he made a poor choice if he's bringing Roy back. Hell, I'm a big fan of Sakurai after what he did with Ike.

Sakurai is only putting Lucas back because of nearly all of us playing Mother 3 already along with the Nihons who already has a big pleasure of the series.

No, he doesn't. Like I said, Lucas's series is small and niche, unlike FE. There aren't really any better choices you can make for the Mother series right now besides Lucas since Ness is still in. Whereas, FE has a bunch more relevant characters besides Roy, some of which could be more unique as FE reps in Smash.

Nobody is bashing Sakurai. I'm not saying he's stupid or an idiot or anything. I simply think he made a poor choice if he's bringing Roy back. Hell, I'm a big fan of Sakurai after what he did with Ike.

Your bashing him right here by saying he didn't say something when he clearly did. OK name a character who the majority of smash players will actually know other than Roy. You are blinded by hatred.

Sakurai is only putting Lucas back because of nearly all of us playing Mother 3 already along with the Nihons who already has a big pleasure of the series.

Keep telling yourself that hon. His impact in smash is what is getting him back, not the limited amount of people who played the patched Mother 3.

Your bashing him right here by saying he didn't say something when he clearly did. OK name a character who the majority of smash players will actually know other than Roy.

Uh...what? And characters in general? Or characters from the FE series? If the former, then Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, heck, I think Vaati is fairly well-known as well. As or FE reps, I don't think ANY possible newcomers would be well-known as this point other than Lyn and Chrom and they're just sword users too. Plus, Sakurai has already stated his stance on Chrom. Besides, lack of recognition didn't stop the Ice Climbers, ROB, or Duck Hunt Dog from getting in Smash.

You are blinded by hatred.

Wrong. Because I don't hate Roy. I only dislike his fanbase (mainly because of how they tend to treat Ike, and they're annoyingly vocal at times).

Wrong. Because I don't hate Roy. I only dislike his fanbase (mainly because of how they tend to treat Ike, and they're annoyingly vocal at times).

Ana, have you considered, just once, that maybe the same hatred you feel for the Roy fanbase is what certain people feel when they see you bring Ike into everything and try to make him out to be like sooooo important?

Regardless, no matter how annoying a character's fanbase is, that shouldn't affect the character itself. For example, I may dislike Lucina's crazier fans but her fans should not affect how much I like or do not like the character by her own merits. Likewise, I think certain Ike fangirls can be very annoying, but I started becoming apathetic to him long before I met any of them.

Can we just agree that whoever gets into the game as DLC someone is going to bitch about it and that some of us basically won't get our most wanted into the game and just deal with it?

Uh...what? And characters in general? Or characters from the FE series? If the former, then Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, heck, I think Vaati is fairly well-known as well. As or FE reps, I don't think ANY possible newcomers would be well-known as this point other than Lyn and Chrom and they're just sword users too. Plus, Sakurai has already stated his stance on Chrom. Besides, lack of recognition didn't stop the Ice Climbers, ROB, or Duck Hunt Dog from getting in Smash.

I meant as in FE characters from a non fe fan standpoint.

also you're a vocal Ike fan who does the exact same thing to Roy that you "claim" Roy fans to do Ike. I like both so what's your excuse? Fans being vocal? Every fan is vocal depending on the fandom. Its a thing you gotta adapt to.

...I wanted to record all my replays before I updated to 1.0.6 on the Wii U. But it forces you unlike the 3ds and broke all my replays. You can't even start the game without updating if you delete the update under system management. Like what the hell is even the point of letting you manage that then? ONLY freeing up space?

I'm a little miffed. Forced Updates for smash wouldn't be so bad if it didn't break 60+ replays.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You don't have to buy Roy DLC you know. I know I wouldn't buy Ike if he were a DLC character instead, so... just do the same?

Really people why complain about something you presumably won't buy.

Edit: Also, disliking a character because of how their fanbase treats a totally unrelated character is weird.

Edited by Glaceon Lord