SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

"Drinking fandom." That's a weird way to put it. I never thought of alcoholism as a fandom.

Depends on how you look at it. 20-something year olds that drink because "Hey it's fun" and do stupid shit while doing so, but continue to go out on weekends and drink too much, well, I won't get into my personal stories due to that, but people in my life who are "fans of going out and getting wasted" have done some pretty terrible things in my life, and I dislike drinking entirely because of their actions, hence my generalization of "fanbase" and "drinking"

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, she's pretty lazy, greedy, and pretty much has all her talent handed to her by natural gift. She'd be really fun to play as though. Marisa would be kinda fun too, especially with "Magiccannon ~ Final Spark" as a Final Smash.

Yeah, but I actually find that to be kind of interesting. She doesn't sound perfect, self-sacrificing, or dedicated (unlike many other protagonists in video games), but at the same time it makes her feel more human and relatable. And in a way, I think that is what a good protagonist should be - they're relatable. And in a way, it makes Reimu feel more "human" than just some perfect ideal, doesn't it?

There are plenty of non-FE characters we can get as DLC.

I don't deny that at all. What i'm saying is, in the end people who had fun with Roy in Melee, even those who dislike FE. Want him back to some degree. Not saying he's #1 or anything, its just at the end of the day, veterans, clones or not will have priority in quite a number of peoples minds.

Depends on how you look at it. 20-something year olds that drink because "Hey it's fun" and do stupid shit while doing so, but continue to go out on weekends and drink too much, well, I won't get into my personal stories due to that, but people in my life who are "fans of going out and getting wasted" have done some pretty terrible things in my life, and I dislike drinking entirely because of their actions, hence my generalization of "fanbase" and "drinking"

I can understand that.

Yeah, but I actually find that to be kind of interesting. She doesn't sound perfect, self-sacrificing, or dedicated (unlike many other protagonists in video games), but at the same time it makes her feel more human and relatable. And in a way, I think that is what a good protagonist should be - they're relatable. And in a way, it makes Reimu feel more "human" than just some perfect ideal, doesn't it?

Yeah, I like her quite a bit. I also like how much she contrasts with Marisa, while Reimu is naturally talented but lazy, Marisa works hard for power she wasn't born with.

Even if neither of them is ever going to happen, they'd be pretty cool to use. Probably very projectile based, light and floaty (especially Reimu, her power is the ability to float, though this is a lot more awesome than just flying since it basically lets her do things unconsciously and makes her invincible if she's being serious), with decent speed as well. And in Marisa's case, since her solution to things amounts to blowing the problem up, a lot of power as well.

I don't know if I find the sudden drinking discussion funny or disturbing...

Funny, Chapter 4 is where FE6 really starts picking up its feet. Collapse of the Alliance is a really cool challenge, so much that FE7 had an expy chapter of it (Chapter 14 I think, whatever the number is, it's False Friends).

I see. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off in the future sometime then, I dunno. I've just got things I'm more interested in at the moment.

You're cool sometimes too.

Oh, thanks. :)

Sorry, I meant a generalization. Not that "I dislike Roy's fanbase" means I dislike every single Roy fan in existence. Glaceon's a cool gal sometimes, for example. She's come to my defense before even, and we disagree on just about everything.

Good to know :P

I don't know if I find the sudden drinking discussion funny or disturbing...

I see. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off in the future sometime then, I dunno. I've just got things I'm more interested in at the moment.

Oh, thanks. :)

I was mainly confused about Elie referring to it as a fandom. But I get what he's saying now, though I dislike drinking because I don't get the appeal of consuming a harmful substance.

And yeah, FE6 does take a couple of chapters to get going, but don't all FE games? There's a lot of cool maps after that point, Chapter 5, Chapter 8, Chapter 12, Chapter 14x, Chapter 16, Chapter 21, Chapter 21x, Chapter 22, and Chapter 23 are all pretty awesome in my books.

Either way, off topic, oops.

Your bashing him right here by saying he didn't say something when he clearly did. OK name a character who the majority of smash players will actually know other than Roy. You are blinded by hatred.

Keep telling yourself that hon. His impact in smash is what is getting him back, not the limited amount of people who played the patched Mother 3.

For a game that we didn't get, I'm sure it's to promote Mother 2's sales which we have available to download on the Wii-U E-Shop and that Europeans can finally get to play it which was only available in Japan and USA beforehand on the SNES.

...I wanted to record all my replays before I updated to 1.0.6 on the Wii U. But it forces you unlike the 3ds and broke all my replays. You can't even start the game without updating if you delete the update under system management. Like what the hell is even the point of letting you manage that then? ONLY freeing up space?

I'm a little miffed. Forced Updates for smash wouldn't be so bad if it didn't break 60+ replays.

Thank god that I don't do any.
This is a warning to heed to anyone else. Thanks for letting us know!

There is a setting to turn off system automatic updates download. Kind of too late to do that in this case scenario though.

How?

Edited by PuffPuff

But... Lucas didn't even appear in Mother 2. Ness promotes that game... I don't see how Lucas can promote e-shop sale of game he wasn't in.

It's like saying Toon Link promotes Twilight Princess.

But... Lucas didn't even appear in Mother 2. Ness promotes that game... I don't see how Lucas can promote e-shop sale of game he wasn't in.

Well...either way, this will get more people to play the Mother series since were still getting 2 reps from it again! :D

It's like saying Toon Link promotes Twilight Princess.

No it's not; this whole argument is incorrect on principle

I can't go to my local game store and pick up some Mother/Earthbound thing because I saw Lucas in Smash. I could...go buy more Brawl i guess?

I can go buy piles of Zelda games because of Toon Link, pre-owned or new. Benefits the game businesses that sell [Nintendo's] merchandise in the future.

comparing the two is like comparing...i dunno...how do you advertise a J-exclusive series to americans without putting anything about it on shelves? Ness!Amiibo is pretty much the only thing after smash to hit American shelves.

I can't go to my local game store and pick up some Mother/Earthbound thing because I saw Lucas in Smash. I could...go buy more Brawl i guess?

I can go buy piles of Zelda games because of Toon Link, pre-owned or new. Benefits the game businesses that sell [Nintendo's] merchandise in the future.

comparing the two is like comparing...i dunno...how do you advertise a J-exclusive series to americans without putting anything about it on shelves? Ness!Amiibo is pretty much the only thing after smash to hit American shelves.

I suppose it was a bit of a sad comparison.

Well...this is fact that we won't get Lucas' amiibo. -.-

But...it's region free and we can import him anyhow.

I was mainly confused about Elie referring to it as a fandom. But I get what he's saying now, though I dislike drinking because I don't get the appeal of consuming a harmful substance.

Only harmful in high amounts. They reckon a healthy does of alcohol is good for the heart. The French have incredibly low heart problems per capita despite the enormous amounts of cheese and butter which mainly credited to their intake of red wine.

And yeah, FE6 does take a couple of chapters to get going, but don't all FE games? There's a lot of cool maps after that point, Chapter 5, Chapter 8, Chapter 12, Chapter 14x, Chapter 16, Chapter 21, Chapter 21x, Chapter 22, and Chapter 23 are all pretty awesome in my books.

Either way, off topic, oops.

Yeah, accidental off topicness is accidental. xP

I guess some games take awhile to get going before they're good, true. Not all of them though, some were awesome right away, imo. But honestly, a game is better when it gives a good first impression. A bad first impression doesn't necessarily mean the game is bad, but yeah.

Anyway, whether Roy DLC becomes real nor not, I still hope for Dixie Kong, Vaat, DLC alts for the cast, maybe DLC stages too. More options for the stage builder would be nice as well, but I don't want to ask too much. The game is still awesome as is. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I saw some people having update woes earlier in the thread and for future reference, if an update starts for any game, not just smash, select "start software" and it will stop the download until you go back to update it

I just tested this with my Smash game and I'm still on 1.0.2 and all of my replays are still working

Except I'd like DLC that I WOULD buy. I'm not buying Roy, true, but still. And I'm allowed to be disappointed that he's likely going to be DLC.

I said I disliked Roy's fanbase, not Roy himself. Though I can't say I like Roy either, I know very little about him.

EDIT:

Uh, no. You clearly don't know how a lot of Roy fans treat Ike. They hate on him and bash him because he "replaced" their precious red head flaming sword boy without actually knowing much of anything about Ike himself or even bothering to look up possible REAL reasons on why Roy was cut in Brawl. Even Glaceon has admitted to this, saying that one reason she hates Ike is because he's in Smash and Roy isn't (for now). I find it ridiculous. It's not like I hate Lucina because she's in Smash and Ephraim isn't, or that I hate Greninja because he's in Smash and Keldeo isn't (as playable). I don't hate/dislike Roy, so I certainly don't hate/dislike him for stupid reasons like that.

I admit, I'm rather vocal, but I try to be reasonably so.

The only real complaint I have against Ike is how much he, and the Tellius games, are overhyped in general.

That being said, the real reason for Roy being cut in Brawl is because Sakurai spent so much time working on the worthless Subspace Emissary. Sakurai had literally twice the amount of time to work on Brawl and STILL had to cut characters? That is absolutely ridiculous to me. Hell, we even know that Roy, Mewtwo, and a few other extra characters were planned to be included. I would've taken them lightyears ahead of a glorified story mode.

I hope Roy keeps his B from melee instead of Marth's shield breaker.

I'd hope he gets his ranged attack, though that could probably replace DED rather than Flare Blade.

I disagree, the SSE was awesome. The only flaw I think SSB Wii U has is no story mode (though the Stage Builder could be better too).

Edited by Anacybele

I saw some people having update woes earlier in the thread and for future reference, if an update starts for any game, not just smash, select "start software" and it will stop the download until you go back to update it

I just tested this with my Smash game and I'm still on 1.0.2 and all of my replays are still working

You'll want to get the 1.0.6 now as you cannot collect DLC's without it!

There will be no DLC option on the title screen with any other version.

You'll want to get the 1.0.6 now as you cannot collect DLC's without it!

There will be no DLC option on the title screen with any other version.

I'm aware of this, but I'm holding out on updating until I record some of my replays because the update will make them unplayable. I was pointing it out to the people in the thread so they can circumvent the update and record the replays while they still have a chance

I had 1.0.4 on the 3DS from the moment it came out until Mewtwo came out yesterday because I was recording my replays