SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Smash for NX Launch will most definitely be a port. That means it'll likely have the entire Sm4sh roster including the DLC characters as part of the base game (unless some of the 3rd parties back out so we love on those characters). I expect it to include all stages and modes from both Smash Wii U and 3DS, along with some extra characters exclusive for this version. Wolf and Ice Climbers will very likely return, and Inkling will probably be the big newcomer in the reveal trailer.

I also expect DLC support for a while.

Except Bayonetta was stated to be the last DLC character for the game? I wouldn't get your hopes up, no new characters are coming to this game unless it's a brand new Smash Bros.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Port exclusive characters wouldn't be DLC though. If they're exclusive to the port, then Bayonetta is still the last DLC fighter.

They said 3DS and Wii U would have the same roster. Smash for Wii U isn't Smash for NX and so Sakurai's comment about the 3DS and Wii U versions having the same roster doesn't apply to it.

Also worth noting about that Namco ad from a year ago advertising job positions for Smash 6.

Ok, just saw GameXplain on YouTube give the info on the rumor of Smash being a launch title for the NX so I'll just get to my thoughts!

First thing that's important, if Smash Bros is gonna be a launch title for NX, it's most likely gonna be a port of Smash 4 because it would be quite hard to top Smash 4 at this point and time (also, Smash 5 would be too soon right now).

Second, if this is a port, people should be able to fight others online with the NX version AND the Wii U version. That way, people don't feel alone if there aren't a lot of people jumping on the NX train right away.

Third, JUST ADD ON NEW CONTENT! All Sakurai needs to do is make more new content for the port and make more DLC, and he'll have a much easier and less stressful time. He'll also not have to work as much because I imagine how draining working on the game must be!

Those are my thoughts (for now anyway)! :3

lol I never said no one could be added in place of Roy and Lucina. Ephraim plz.

And rob me of my mains? Heck no!

...but...Ephraim would be a nice and cool addition though!

We need different weapon users so people can stop saying "there's another sword fighter"!

Edited by Busterman64

I'd rather see Smash get put to rest for the next 6 years.

Sakurai's already on his next project. That excited me to know, but if it's more Smash, then that's kinda boring, huh? It's been a nonstop Smash rush sense E3 2013. It's been 2 and a half years. I couldn't take another round of newcomer speculation and reveals.

I'd rather just have a port with zero changes besides integrated DLC.

Then the NX Smash isn't a port, it's a brand new game all together. And if there are new characters, can I at last have Dixie Kong, plz?

If it's the exact same game with a small amount of new content it would still be considered a port.

Twilight Princess HD is still considered a port but it has some new content. The same thing applies here.

This is terrible

...Elaborate.

It'll earn back it's money. Plus, the Street Fighter competitive community thrived regardless of multiple re-releases; if anything, this means more balance patches and a smoother product.

I'll take "shallow" with an awesome roster over "depth" with an awful roster thanks

as much as I like Pichu, it's literally the only Melee exclusive (YL doesn't count and even so WW is better than Ocarina or MM)

of course Melee lacks Shulk, Duck Hunt, Villager, Greninja, Wii Fit Trainer, Dedede, Lucas, and way more so it is boring and bad

note that this also applies to 64 and also Brawl if you remove Lucas and Dedede but it's not irrelevant because Squirtle and Ivysaur are precious. In fact, if Smash NX actually exists it better have Squirtle or Ivysaur (not "and" because I'm not crazy) or I'll figuratively die

This is a crossover the other stuff is not as important

if melee is basketball, smash 4 is like that except without the ball and the hoop.

If there really is a Smash game at the launch of the NX, I'd expect it to keep every character from Smash Wii U/3DS, except for possibly the third-party characters (because licensing and all that junk), and I'd expect the Ice Climbers to come back (since they were supposed to be in Wii U/3DS).

However...it feels kinda soon for another Smash game. I mean, Wii U/3DS hasn't even been out for two years. If the NX is launching as soon as rumored, I honestly kinda doubt there'll be a Smash game.

and cuts Roy and Lucina,

Lol no.

if melee is basketball, smash 4 is like that except without the ball and the hoop.

You'd be surprised how fun backboards are.

And people have always had fun with large poles.

If you're trying to suggest that Smash 4 is nothing, you're probably arguing with the wrong audience here.

Lol no.

You do realize that I don't actually expect them to be cut, don't you? I just think they should be because one is a needless clone and the other is just another sword wielder that brings nothing new and interesting to the game. There's a reason I put a strikethrough on that text.

Edited by Anacybele

You do realize that I don't actually expect them to be cut, don't you? I just think they should be because one is a needless clone and the other is just another sword wielder that brings nothing new and interesting to the game. There's a reason I put a strikethrough on that text.

Yeah I know :P: I think you're not entirely right though. Roy most definitely brings interesting things in, despite wielding a sword. I mean, really, he's considered one of the best FE characters in Smash right now. As for Lucina, she is literally free extra content that takes next to no effort and/or time to make, wanting her cut is literally wanting less content.

Did anyone else think of that "Smash 6" job posting from a while back when they heard of this? Did that get proven false, or could this be what that was all about?

Yeah I know :P: I think you're not entirely right though. Roy most definitely brings interesting things in, despite wielding a sword. I mean, really, he's considered one of the best FE characters in Smash right now. As for Lucina, she is literally free extra content that takes next to no effort and/or time to make, wanting her cut is literally wanting less content.

What does Roy bring that's unique? Because I don't see anything. We already had plenty of sword wielders, including one whose blade can produce fire (I know Roy technically did that first. He's still not as high priority as Ike is these days though). And I never said they had to be cut and nothing put in their place. I mentioned Ephraim before. I'd gladly trade in a clone and an unoriginal half-clone for him. We don't have a single lance/spear wielder in the game.

I care about quality over quantity here and I've never been a fan of clones.

Edited by Anacybele

What does Roy bring that's unique? Because I don't see anything.

Well first of all...

Roy most definitely brings interesting things in

Never said unique.

Also, I'm not really sure it's fair to say you don't see anything interesting, because you've said many times you won't buy him, meaning you likely have not played as him. Wouldn't it be better to try him first, and then see?

We already had plenty of sword wielders

So what if he wields a sword? The weapon really shouldn't matter. At all.

Plus, 98% of the characters wielding swords wield them in different ways. Marth uses his much differently than Link's, who uses his differently than Pit's, who uses his differently than Ike's, who uses his differently than Cloud's, and so on and so forth. To say "we have plenty of sword users" is silly because each one is different. The only characters that don't use them in different ways are Lucina and Dark Pit.

The weapon shouldn't matter. And I mean...many, many video game characters use swords. It's kinda hard to avoid, ya know?

including one whose blade can produce fire

And they both do it wonderfully.

And I never said they had to be cut and nothing put in their place.

There's nothing to say anything would replace them. In fact, it's much more likely that nothing would be put in their place. That's generally how it goes. If Dixie Kong were to be put in, it would not be in place of either of them. Same for Ephraim. And every other character.

We don't have a single lance/spear wielder in the game.

And...? I actually really want Ephraim.

I care about quality over quantity here and I've never been a fan of clones.

But you want quality cut. Nearly 100% of Smash fans agree that Roy is a quality. To say otherwise is honestly just being biased. If you aren't good with him...cool. But to say he is not quality is silly.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

why are you even here then

i am here because i expressed my opinion and ms.andrews obnoxiously berated me for it.

You'd be surprised how fun backboards are.

And people have always had fun with large poles.

If you're trying to suggest that Smash 4 is nothing, you're probably arguing with the wrong audience here.

i enjoy smash 4 too. the only reason i said what i said is to express why i made my initial statement to a rather rude someone.

lol Ephraim would be a terrible newcomer

if you want spear, skip FE and go straight to Bandana Dee

not proportioned exactly but Bandana Dee is all the world needs for spears and also is a great character who I love <3

lol Ephraim would be a terrible newcomer

Now I don't agree with Ana about everything (and also Ana, don't take anything I've said super-seriously, I respect your opinion fully), but she is totally right that Ephraim would be a fantastic newcomer.

Also, I'm not really sure it's fair to say you don't see anything interesting, because you've said many times you won't buy him, meaning you likely have not played as him. Wouldn't it be better to try him first, and then see?

No thanks, I'm not a fan of wasting money. Also, I've seen people play as him. While I do prefer him over Marth, neither of them are very interesting to me. And this is coming from someone that had Marth as a secondary in Brawl.

It's kind of hard for me to want Ephraim anymore since Corrin pretty much fills the spear niche.

Except Corrin wields a sword and turns into a dragon? I don't follow you here.

Edited by Anacybele