Hardest FE mode (except FE13 Lunatic+)

Chiki

FE12 = FE10(8 chapters to trivialize) > FE7 Lyn mode(7 chapters to trivialize) > FE6 = FE7(Hector) = FE9 = FE13(one chapter) > FE1 = FE2 = FE3(Both books) = FE4 = FE5 = FE7(Eliwood) = FE8 = FE11

There you have it, the official order of difficulty in Fire Emblem by your definition of trivialization.

How exactly are you trivializing FE12 from Chapter 1 and on? Avatar can't do everything on his own. Trust me on that. FE10 is more easily trivialized than it for sure.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did I say that?

Quote me where I said this part please. It's so obviously false because I just agreed that FE8 Seth soloes the game from the start.

Your first post in this thread, and agreeing on one game doesn't change your ratings of the others.

How exactly are you trivializing FE12 from Chapter 1 and on? Avatar can't do everything on his own. Trust me on that. FE10 is more easily trivialized than it for sure.

Boss abuse. If it takes longer to find a better chapter than chapter 1, then it takes longer, and all that does is make FE12 the hardest game in the series anyway by this ranking based on trivialization.

@Olwen- Uh, how about the countless Laguz Royals, Black Knight, Sothe, etc that you receive?

That's not what I mean. FE13 can be trivialized after one chapter and FE10 two (two chapters without Sothe).

Your first post in this thread, and agreeing on one game doesn't change your ratings of the others.

FE13 LM is just a joke thanks to the Avatar. I beat it in a couple hours on my first try, so it's not even worth considering.

Sorry, you're just lying at this point.

Edited by Chiki

Sorry, you're just lying at this point.

We all know FE13 Lunatic+ is the hardest FE mode the series has to offer, but what is other than that?

I'll rank the modes I played:

1. FE5

2. FE6 HM

3. FE10 HM

4. FE9 MM

5. FE7 HHM

6. FE8 HM

7. FE13 LM

Right out of your own mouth.

I never said it was the easiest because it can be trivialized from the start.

Well you see, you said FE13 is the least difficult FE because you can trivialize it from the second chapter of the game.

I think you're just trolling me at this point, so I'll do well to ignore you.

Haven't beaten FE13 LM yet, so I'll say that's my hardest FE mode. Though I haven't played enough FE5 to really get a good idea of how it stacks up in comparison.

Well you see, you said FE13 is the least difficult FE because you can trivialize it from the second chapter of the game. But I just proved that you can trivialize other FE games right from the first chapter, and the only reason you can't do so in other games is because of artificial difficulty aka the proper requirements to boss abuse aren't met. What this means then is, by your definition of trivialization, we have an official ranking of what FE games are the most difficult:

FE12 = FE10(8 chapters to trivialize) > FE7 Lyn mode(7 chapters to trivialize) > FE6 = FE7(Hector) = FE9 = FE13(one chapter) > FE1 = FE2 = FE3(Both books) = FE4 = FE5 = FE7(Eliwood) = FE8 = FE11

There you have it, the official order of difficulty in Fire Emblem by your definition of trivialization.

God Marth and Warp Skip is much more broken than anything in most other FE, since all you need to do is Jeigan for 1 Turn, and Marth on a fort for Turn 2 of chapter 2.

FE1 Should be much lower

And I'd rather not solo Lunatic with the Avatar, either, but it's there and can be trivialized. The game isn't not trivial simply because you don't want to do something.

You can take it to its logical extreme, but you aren't doing it right. You can't trivialize every game right away, or trivialize it in some aspects but not in others.

Ex: FE8 starts out with Seth, but this trivializing factor only lasts until lategame? I've never tried it but I'm guessing that's how it works.

Ex: FE5 can't be trivialized until the Warp staff.

Ex: FE9 can't be trivialized until BEXP.

Ex: FE13 can be trivialized right after Prologue!

Since FE13 can be trivialized so quickly, I ranked it the easiest. Taking "my logic to its extreme," on your part, I'm afraid, didn't work.

Your contradicting yourself with the original post, and the two I'm quoting. You, if I am interpreting what your saying correctly, that the game automatically loses its difficulty when a trivializing factor is applied. I can accept that. The problem with this is that you rank FE 8 way above FE13, while FE8 has Seth, who wrecks he game, come in the prologue at a point in which he can already wreck the game. You're saying that FE13 is the easiest because MU wrecks the game aft one chapter. Not to be mean or anything but zero is not greater than one so how can you justify saying that 13 is easier than 8.

Some tough guy language isn't helping your argument, and neither is ignoring the most important part of the post: the examples don't really matter and one example is enough to establish that trivializations can vary.

I just have a question about this. Are you saying that the difficulty is dependant on the number of ways that you can trivialize the game or that it is established by how quickly it is established? I'm probably just over thinking it but...

Your contradicting yourself with the original post, and the two I'm quoting. You, if I am interpreting what your saying correctly, that the game automatically loses its difficulty when a trivializing factor is applied. I can accept that. The problem with this is that you rank FE 8 way above FE13, while FE8 has Seth, who wrecks he game, come in the prologue at a point in which he can already wreck the game. You're saying that FE13 is the easiest because MU wrecks the game aft one chapter. Not to be mean or anything but zero is not greater than one so how can you justify saying that 13 is easier than 8.

I said I never tried a Seth solo in that very bolded bit. =____=

I just have a question about this. Are you saying that the difficulty is dependant on the number of ways that you can trivialize the game or that it is established by how quickly it is established? I'm probably just over thinking it but...

Not just one but multiple. There are also more reliable trivializing methods. Seth in lategame is not as reliable as Nosferatu Avatar lategame.

Seth is ridiculously strong, and he trivializes FE8 from the Prologue. Why do you think he's banned in drafts? Ahem. . .

I've only played FE12 HM, and I find that it's quite challenging (even after drafting for it multiple times). I am intimidated enough where I do NOT want to touch Lunatic, so I'm gonna put my vote for FE12 Lunatic.

Seth at his average stats + all the boosters did pretty well on his solo. I don't remember how many turns I took for Lyon but he was really easy, and while I did get a crit on DK that made my life a lot easier, If I deployed Tethys (which I didn't because I just wanted Seth to do it himself) just for that chapter, it would've made him trivial. Audhulma was pretty A+.

So yeah he's kinda OP just a bit

comes great out of the box and never stops being great

Edited by Thor Odinson

only if you are brain dead

You can literally throw Nosferatu Avatar into the middle of everyone and not die. You can be braindead and beat FE13 lategame.

But, as you point out, for which I am very grateful, if one is brain dead they can't solo lategame with Seth.

That's the difference, as you have just pointed out: you need to not be brain dead to solo lategame with Seth, but you can be braindead and solo lategame with Avatar.

Edited by Chiki

You can literally throw Nosferatu Avatar into the middle of everyone and not die. You can be braindead and beat FE13 lategame.

since you used the word "literally" here

nosferatu breaks, avatar dies, point disproven!

I don't know if you know this, but Chrom is a convoy, so you have limitless Nosferatu tomes. The only problem would be Nosferatu breaking in the middle of an enemy phase, which isn't a problem since the Avatar is hilariously tank for a mage (80 hp and 40 or so def) and has a high Dual Guard and avoid chance.

What are you talking about? Assuming a braindead person has the intelligence to move a unit on the player phase and pair up Chrom with the Avatar, he/she can get a bunch of Nosferatu tomes at the start of every chapter.

FE13 Luna+. No other FE game I can think of will automatically make certain levels practically impossible simply because of the skill layout. For that, it makes you think on your feet. Preparation and familiarity with the run are not always helpful simply because of randomness of skill layouts on each reset.

Otherwise.... (In order)

FE12 Reverse Lunatic

FE13 Lunatic

FE11 H5

FE6 HM

FE7 HHM

FE9 HM

FE10 HM

FE8 HM

FE2/FE1/FE3

Unmarked. FE4 and FE5. I have not completed FE5 yet. If I had, I guess I might place it just above FE6 or FE11 H5.

FE4 I am not sure about. FE1,2,3 I just have memories of being laughable.

I never said it was the easiest because it can be trivialized from the start.

Do I really have to link to you every post you made in this thread to prove you otherwise? Or you going to continue to dig yourself into a deeper hole everytime you post?

Seth in lategame is not as reliable as Nosferatu Avatar lategame.

Avatar with Nosferatu is not as reliable as Seth in late game because, even with infintite nosferatu, he still has a noticable chance of dying, especially in the last three/four chapters. Solo nostanking with Avatar really only works because it's a fast way to manipulate the rng in your favor rather than the Avatar actually being a completely reliable unit.

A capped +Def/-Lck Sorceror with a Mag Tonic has 52 MAtk when equipped with a Nosferatu tome. This is enough to reliably ORKO every enemy in C23 save for the Sorcerors, who are no threat due to the Avatar having Tomebreaker. The only remotely threatening enemies are Validar and Sorcerors who also have Tomebreaker, but the latter don't hit nearly as hard as you'd think. The Generals require a single Dual Attack from Chrom at high odds.

Edited by Redwall

What are you talking about? Assuming a braindead person has the intelligence to move a unit on the player phase and pair up Chrom with the Avatar, he/she can get a bunch of Nosferatu tomes at the start of every chapter.

1. a brain dead person has literally no brain function, which means that

2. we're using a figurative definition of brain dead meaning that a person can complete a task with minimal thought

and i have no doubt that soloing lategame with seth requires minimal thought. it is pointless to try to argue which one requires "less" thought.

• 3 weeks later...