Which parent do you resemble/take after?

Paulina

Which parent do you physically resemble?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which parent do you physically resemble?

• I resemble my mother more
    • I resemble my father more
    • I resemble both more or less equally
    • I don't resemble either one much at all

It really depends on how you look at it in my case. Looks wise, I moreso resemble my mom because my face looks like hers and I'm as pale as she is. But most of my traits overall actually come from my dad. I can make a complete list. xP

- Hazel eyes

- Blonde hair (well, actually, my dad himself isn't blonde, he has black hair, but most of his family is blonde and almost no one in my mom's family is blonde)

- Bow-leggedness

- Short stature (my mom's a bit short too, but not as short as my dad is compared to other men)

- Tooth disorder that causes stains on the enamel

- Carsickness (dunno if this is actually hereditary, but we do both get carsick)

I might be slightly allergic to cats too, and my dad has an allergy to them as well. I've noticed that I tend to sneeze once or twice after petting my cat. But nothing else beyond that. Anyway, this is all I can think of atm.

I guess I look more like my mom facially but is built more like my dad? As for intellectual/skills/imreallyawfulatwords I take after both since my mom's good at artsy stuff and my dad's good at math science type things and I have both, but personality-wise I'm more like my dad, I guess. At least according to my mom since I get compared to him sometimes when I do certain things.

Dad has the dominant genes, so all us kids ended up looking more like him. My brother is my dad's mini-me. Its kinda hilarious. My sister got the short end of the stick though. She resembles dad but ended up looking the most like my grandmother. (this is NOT a good thing...) However, my siblings ended up with mum's hair. Im the only one who got dad's straight hair. I also got his height (which my sister lacked). I inherited his long face too. The interesting thing is, is the person i resemble the most out of my family is actually my granduncle. Its a bit weird, really, and kinda random. I did inherit traits from my mum, like greying hair at an earlier than normal age and...Attention Deficit Disorder. Har. (mum is super ADD.)

I inherited most of my physical features from my mother (brown hair, blue eyes, facial structure) and intelligence from my father.

The funny thing is I'm far taller than both of them (6'4 while my mom is less than 6'0). I think I inherited my height from my grandfather.

I hate being tall.

Can't really figure it out.

My relatives tell me I resemble my mom in terms of looks and my paternal grandfather in terms of mannerisms and appreciation of food lol.

But when I saw my dad's photo of his younger self, I thought I looked just like him. So I don't get why people say I look like my mom, guess its the sharp nose.

Hmm...

Basically people associated with my father say I look more like him and people associated with my mother say I look more like her...

I don't put much stock in others' opinions of whom I resemble though; I think I got an equal inheritance of their traits. Both is my final answer!

I do not seem to be anything at all like my folks at all now. Earlier there were features similar to my father. Then closer to my mother. Now, no one seems to think we are related at all.

Everyone in the States and in China all say I look like my dad, so yes, I agree with the OP that you can resemble your opposite sex parent. I'm not sure how I do, but then again, if you ask me to try to see if someone else resemble their mom or dad more, I wouldn't be able to tell. Neither can I tell the difference between like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean based on looks alone.

But anyway, I think I also resemble my dad in personality too... Oh look, we're both born on the year of the Tiger too. \o/ Although our eyesight are like opposite... I'm nearsighted where my dad is farsighted along with some other stuff that comes with age. I'm nothing like my mom though, both physical and personality aspects.

I guess I look more like my mom facially but is built more like my dad? As for intellectual/skills/imreallyawfulatwords I take after both since my mom's good at artsy stuff and my dad's good at math science type things and I have both, but personality-wise I'm more like my dad, I guess. At least according to my mom since I get compared to him sometimes when I do certain things.

Oh, in terms of characteristics, personality, capabilities and the rest, I guess that since both of my parents are judges I take after

ashera_en.png