Which parent do you resemble/take after?

Paulina

Which parent do you physically resemble?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which parent do you physically resemble?

• I resemble my mother more
    • I resemble my father more
    • I resemble both more or less equally
    • I don't resemble either one much at all

Just curious to hear some stories of SF's heredity. Which parent do you take after in the looks department?

Please keep in mind that it's possible to resemble your opposite-sex parent. For example, my father is an ethnic Croat, and my mother is a general Euro-American hybrid (English/Irish/German). Even though I'm female, I take after my father's family in Croatia. So put a little thought in, mkay. ;x

Edited by Paulina

I take after my father in looks and personality.

Though my hair... I got from my grandparents or somewhere up the line. Stupid recessive genes... I have messy, curly, almost afro hair, which neither one has >_>;

...Well, my dad hair is kinda... somewhat to a very mild degree.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, I don't resemble them much in terms of looks. Many would say my brother and I look more like our uncles than our parents. I've seen side-by-side photos, it's uncanny. Although I did used to have kinda some similarity with my dad in terms of personality. The bad part, which is why I'm glad it's not nowadays.

My mom says I resemble my dad. Everyone else says I resemble my mom so closely that we've been mistaken for sisters. I think I resemble my dad far more, though.

i resemble my dad more than my mom and my little sis resemblem mom more than dad, the funny thing is, The personality was kinda opposite, i was more lazy like mom and My sis was kinda upbeat

My dad. At least as far as looks go. Not going to compare myself with either of them in terms of personality.

oh apparently this thread isn't asking to anyway

Edited by Liquid Snake

I'm a combination child, with a close resemblance to my paternal grandmother (and hence, my father) and one of my mother's sisters (who is actually the odd bird of the family - my mother and her other sister looked almost exactly alike).

It's actually kind of funny... I'm the eldest and the combo child, my little sister takes after Mom, and the baby looks just like a member of my dad's side of the family. (She also got the best coloring combination, damn her.)

When it comes to personality... I'm just like my mother's sister. Well, no. She was a hell of a lot stronger than I could ever dream of being and I'm just a weaker imitation. Like a copy gone wrong or something...

Edited by Vashiane

A family friend once said I looked just like my dad and had mannerisms just like my mom

My mom is the most neurotic person I have ever personally known

GYS2KK8.gif

I don't think I really resemble either of my parents (or I take after both of them so equally I don't look like either, haha). I haven't seen my relatives in a long time so I don't know if I just take after my grandparents more or something.

I did inherit my dad's terrible eyesight though. Thanks, Dad.

I am both the runt and the oddball of the family; my hair is straight and golden brown/blonde and my parents and other siblings have dark curly hair, so I really don't look like either of them. But facially, I look sorta like my mom when she was younger.

I hope to God I never look like or take after my dad in anything....

I look a little like my dad, but not that much really, and I share a fair resemblance to my maternal grandfather. Personality-wise, I have a few traits from each parent, but I'm rather different compared to them.

My moms younger sister lives near us so I spend more time with them, but I've only ever been mistaken one time to be my aunts son. Now, my dads side? I've been told I was the spitting image of my dad and his dad (more times than not everyone says I look like my paternal grandfather), and many of my paternal cousins sisters have told me I looked exactly like their brother when they were young. Never got the same thing told from my moms side.

My parents are both Pakistani and punjabi btw, sometimes we get mistaken for white so yeah.

Edited by Lord Raven

I have my mother's eyes, and have been told that the quality of my hair is somewhat like my maternal grandmother's. My dad's a red-head, and I have dark brown hair, so I think I look more like my mother in that respect because she has brown hair as well.

People have said I look a lot like my mom, but not so much with my dad. If I have anything from my dad it's probably my facial structure, like my face and jaw.

Edited by Doga

After much deliberation I've decided I look like my father in most ways other than my hair which isn't curly, but rather a mix of straight and curly strangely enough.

I've also been told I look like a younger version of my great-grandfather from my mother's side who I was named after. Coincidence? I think not!

Interesting thread. I think I look more like my mom, but have personality traits from my dad. A random interesting fact is that the creases in my palms are both completely different. One has my mom's pattern and the other my father's.

many people say I look most like my mom I`ve even been mistaken for being her brother sometimes Lol but my mom thinks I look most like my dad. But when I look in the mirror I say I`ve taken more looks from my mom but I have my dads smile and eyes.

Well, my mom is native american and my dad is caucasian, so it's very easy to tell which parent me and my siblings look most like x3

Me and my older brother and younger brother have the darkest skin and black/dark brown/native american hair like my mother, while my youngest brother has slightly paler skin and brown hair like my dad (although my dad was born blond and his hair became brown over time, mostly after he spent his time in Washington where there was no sun, so maybe my brother is a mix between dark dark brown and blond instead). So I easily look most like my mother.

Edited by Freohr Datia

I resemble my Asian mom a lot more than I resemble my Caucasian dad, but my body type is generally more like my grandmother on my dad's side. However, because my hair is long I don't really greatly resemble either now. When I was a little kid I was basically a mini version of my mom. Somehow, I look nothing like my sister.