The difficulty jump from Normal to Lunatic is astounding.

ZemZem

I just beat Lunatic for the first time last night, and I decided to do a random Normal mode file to check it out. It's crazy how the difficulty just...explodes in Lunatic, while Normal Modo has no enemies going over 20 AS for over half the game.

Normal is pisseasy.

Hard is ok.

Lunatic is very tricky from what I've played of it with the demo version of the game. Once I beat Hard I'll start a Lunatic PT.

Well, it's a jump of 2 difficulties. Hard mode without grinding and deplying everyone you can is the best difficulty IMO. Lunatic is either too hard or too easy (avatar solo...)

I remember playing Normal in my Japanese copy... never touched Hard.

Jumped straight to Lunatic Mode.

Felt like FE Strategy boot camp for someone with crappy strategic skills like me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Except they have these ridiculous skills that will take a LOT of grinding to stand up against. Or just strategy, something I don't have. (The best I can come up with for a stationary boss is attack. Rescue attacker. Dance on attacker. Attacker goes again. Rescue again.)

EDIT: Luna+ is ridiculous.

Edited by TheWarpedWizard

Lunatic+ enemies have the same stats as Lunatic enemies do.

Only they have skills like Luna+ to take advantage of.

It also makes a big difference, like Zeem said, when you have half your def/res from an enemy who also happens to have counter that went in to suicide on you.

And not everyone has Sol, nor is procing it always foolproof.

Edited by shadowofchaos

While I'd wager someone could probably beat this situation with a +Def avatar and Interceptor's method of grinding with MU with the water on the Prologue, I doubt many of us could.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lunatic+ enemies have the same stats as Lunatic enemies do.

Have we already awarded the weekly "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" medal? I'd like to nominate this post. Nobody here mentioned stats except you, Chiki. Clearly the jump in difficulty from Lunatic -> Lunatic+ is due to the extra random skills.

Have we already awarded the weekly "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" medal? I'd like to nominate this post. Nobody here mentioned stats except you, Chiki. Clearly the jump in difficulty from Lunatic -> Lunatic+ is due to the extra random skills.

I just beat Lunatic for the first time last night, and I decided to do a random Normal mode file to check it out. It's crazy how the difficulty just...explodes in Lunatic, while Normal Modo has no enemies going over 20 AS for over half the game.

Honestly I would've liked if there was a Maniac mode in this game. Hard sometimes feels like it should be harder but I don't really like Lunatic.

lol

Yeah now try lunatic+ it gets worse. But normal is a bit of a joke.

You lose again, Fox McCloud.

I honestly feel like Lunatic does have a strict lurning curve, like it should for newer players.

However, it almost feels like despite many the methods to break it, reducing it to Frederick Emblem in the first few chapters is a bit... much.

As for the other thing:

wtm.gif

Time to break out the popcorn.

Anyone else want some?

Edited by shadowofchaos

Honestly I would've liked if there was a Maniac mode in this game. Hard sometimes feels like it should be harder but I don't really like Lunatic.

Simply always deploy the lowest level units and don't use pair-up. You'll discover that with enough work even HM can become almost impossible.

Lunatic+ reverse have fun. But seriously how awsome would that be.

Eh, Vantage+ isn't that big a deal in Awakening since more of the legwork is being done on the enemy phase than in the other FE games.

Edited by Redwall

Hard mode is my default difficulty because Normal is too easy. But i fear Lunatic may be a bit too hard for me. How bad is it from Hard mode?

Lunatic sort of requires that you employ one of the (many) methods available to break past its difficulty. That might mean focusing a lot of EXP into your Veteran unit, abusing AI, Nosferatanking, prepping specific counters to particular tough challenges, etc.

You don't have a ton of flexibility early in Lunatic. The best ways to clear the early chapters are so much better than "alternative" ways, that you can really shoot yourself in the foot if you don't play with an eye towards upcoming chapters.

I honestly feel like Lunatic does have a strict lurning curve, like it should for newer players.

However, it almost feels like despite many the methods to break it, reducing it to Frederick Emblem in the first few chapters is a bit... much.

As for the other thing:

wtm.gif

Time to break out the popcorn.

Anyone else want some?

Yeah man, pass that shit over here!

What are some good ways of doing the first chapters of Lunatic without reducing it to Frederick Emblem: The Awesoming That Is Frederick?

EDIT: Interceptor posted at the same time i did. Ok cool beans, brah. I might actually give it a shot if i can leave Animal Crossing alone. har.

Edited by Florina Stark

Simply always deploy the lowest level units and don't use pair-up. You'll discover that with enough work even HM can become almost impossible.

Considering I beat the game in HM without promoting (and I just realized I didn't use stat boosters), there are great ways to induce self imposing challenges to the game