Is it for love, or perhaps something more?

Well, if I have to said more, I usually judge the characters on their overall design, which includes their personality not just appearance. I don't like Maribell at first, but after grind some support of her, I begin to like her. Though I find Sully's look not as bad as many people think, it is also her personality that make her one of my favorite character. Only Anna that I considered really as a waifu.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As these posts go on, I'm noticing that posters here seem to be denying that looks have very little to do with their choices.

I'm not going to say people are lying, but I don't see anything wrong with liking a character primarily on looks.

Well, the way I see it, physical looks do have an impact, even if it's small. However, I do think that it shouldn't be that big of a deciding factor. After all, he or she may look like that now, but give it somewhere from 20 to 40 years and let's see if you are singing the same tune or you were just that superfluous in the end. Not to mention it matters little the appearance if you can't stand each other due to personalities, interests, desires, etc, clashing. Well of course, this is a game with not that big of a time-skip and time travel involved, so that never really gets applied, though still...

All in all, I just don't dwell on it much. Well, sure, I still paired my Avatar and still made judgement taking into account various factors... though again, it's a game, so it's not really happening so sure, why not...!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's easier for a person's looks to catch your attention more easily than a persons personality because you can't actually see a persons personality at first glance. Though I'm not one of those people who went "Aw yeah Tharja! So hot; gotta bang!" I picked Cherche first because she felt to me like the spiritual sucessor to Minerva, and Minerva was always one of my favorite characters.

Edited by Blademaster!

Same here. I agree that Chrom's hot, but he's just not my kind of guy and I don't really like his support with the female Avatar. I find him to be too boring and idiotic at times, though he does make me laugh on occasion. He's fine as a friend though, I agree. And his support with the female Avatar is hilarious as crap, but it's hardly something I'd want to lead to a marriage. It's just too weird. "we've both seen each other naked, so let's get married!" Just...no. Wtf. xP

I would have prefered they takes the Male Avatar for FEMU, honnestly... They seems to have a deeper relationship....

I don't hate Chrom, he doesn't looks too bad, and his serious sides can be funny at times (Morgan's recruitment for example.), but he's not a favorite.

My favorite being Henry, and Virion for male(At first, I didn't really like him, but each support showed me even more how awesome he is...)

I absolutely don't get Cordelia's appeal. I mean she doesn't looks too bad, but what does attract you on her personnality ?

That's not meant to be offensive, I really would like to know. Honnestly, at best I find her boring, and at worst she really irks me...

Well, the way I see it, physical looks do have an impact, even if it's small. However, I do think that it shouldn't be that big of a deciding factor. After all, he or she may look like that now, but give it somewhere from 20 to 40 years and let's see if you are singing the same tune or you were just that superfluous in the end. Not to mention it matters little the appearance if you can't stand each other due to personalities, interests, desires, etc, clashing. Well of course, this is a game with not that big of a time-skip and time travel involved, so that never really gets applied, though still...

All in all, I just don't dwell on it much. Well, sure, I still paired my Avatar and still made judgement taking into account various factors... though again, it's a game, so it's not really happening so sure, why not...!

Well, honnestly, all these girls and guys are attractive (or nearly all...), so it won't be the only choice factor, here.... I chose more for the personnality, or because it looks interresting...

Edited by TendaSlime

Well, honnestly, all these girls and guys are attractive (or nearly all...), so it won't be the only choice factor, here.... I chose more for the personnality, or because it looks interresting...

I agree with this completely. On my first playthrough I found all the ladies attractive, and my first pick was almost Anna. This was until Cherche swooped in and took my heart.

It's just I'm getting the vibe that basing attraction off of one's looks shouldn't be a factor. Maybe in an ideal world, sure, but last I heard, being physically appealing is a good thing. To further emphasize, my best friend chose Tiki as his waifu primarily due to her looks, and he grew to like her more as he learned about her.

It is absurd to assume that people only care about the female characters because of their bodies.

They all have the same boring 8/15 supermodel body as everyone else. Because that one didn't get old in the last two decades.

And since day one (aka, the release of the Tiamo artwork.), I found the complete lack of any sort of expression and identity in the artwork of the female characters to be completely repulsive.

In exchange we saw objectifying poses and outfits, reaching new lows with every update.

As a male customer, I always feel insulted by the assumption that I could only consider dolls without any personality to be appealing.

But in this case it was particular painful since not only was this insult coming from my favorite franchise but they even expected me to marry one of these goofs.

And once we got information on the fetishy quirks that the female characters have in exchange for actual personalities, I decided pretty quickly to play as female Robin since male characters wouldn't be as objectived as the female ones.

Turns out that they were just as shallow. It's just that their quirks are more random. (Suuuugggaaaaaar! *dies*)

Needless to say, I couldn't bring myself to marry one of them either.

In the end, I simply married Chrom because I was hoping for some extra drama with Lucina.

Turns out that when Awakening tries drama, it actually ends with comedy. Still a win, I guess.

Edited by BrightBow

I'll bet a lot of money that the vast majority of Tharja's popularity comes from her looks.

I find this hard to believe. As far as I know, her bustling personality is definitely the best asset of her character.

Edited by Constable Reggie

I picked Cherche first because she felt to me like the spiritual sucessor to Minerva, and Minerva was always one of my favorite characters.

well, her wyvern's name does happen to be Minerva after all...

I just don't take shipping seriously enough to care who I'm pairing with as long as I don't dislike the character in question and, with the exception of Basilio/Flavia, doesn't do me a disservice for Morgan-making (and by that I mean does Morgan come early enough to be useful) during storyline-mode nogrind gameplay. I do not dislike Chrom, so pairing with him is fine. MU isn't me, after all. Just some video game character. One that makes Lucina really awesome. I like Lucina a lot and I like it when she's awesome.

so yeah.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It's kind of difficult not to marry them for their body if that is all that the game gives. Can't call it a personality if it has no development and only flat, one dimensional personalities.

Edited by Vicious Sal

I would have prefered they takes the Male Avatar for FEMU, honnestly... They seems to have a deeper relationship....

I don't hate Chrom, he doesn't looks too bad, and his serious sides can be funny at times (Morgan's recruitment for example.), but he's not a favorite.

My favorite being Henry, and Virion for male(At first, I didn't really like him, but each support showed me even more how awesome he is...)

I absolutely don't get Cordelia's appeal. I mean she doesn't looks too bad, but what does attract you on her personnality ?

That's not meant to be offensive, I really would like to know. Honnestly, at best I find her boring, and at worst she really irks me...

Frederick is my favorite male (and favorite in the game), but I don't know who to pick for second fav. Probably Stahl, cause as I've said, I'm a knight in shining armor kind of girl and I really like his character too.

As for Cordelia, I like her a lot because I sympathize with her and she's a lot like me. Even though I think she deserves better than Chrom, I do feel bad for her because her love for him is never returned. I also like that she's talented and I like her design. Though sometimes, I wish I could tell her, "Hey! Forget Chrom, he's just a boring prince and you deserve much better than him!"

I completely agree with this part of your post there. The MaMU's support with Chrom is way better than FeMU and it would have led to a better marriage. And that's why I marry FeMU with Chrom via Chapter 11 end and not through support ranks.

As for Cordelia, I'm with you there. She actually sometimes look awkward to me, like in her official art. And her personality is rather annoying. Portrayed as a perfect person? With her flaw being her unrequired love for Chrom... Still, I guess I am a bit biased.

As for Cordelia, I like her a lot because I sympathize with her and she's a lot like me. Even though I think she deserves better than Chrom, I do feel bad for her because her love for him is never returned. I also like that she's talented and I like her design. Though sometimes, I wish I could tell her, "Hey! Forget Chrom, he's just a boring prince and you deserve much better than him!"

Except she would not agree. She doesn't even want to forget her feelings for Chrom, and she states that in one of her marriage supports.

Except she would not agree. She doesn't even want to forget her feelings for Chrom, and she states that in one of her marriage supports.

Except she DOES eventually forget them. In her S support with Stahl, she outright states that he replaced Chrom in her heart and I believe her. I've heard that her support with Kellam doesn't even mention Chrom at all. Her event tile quotes have her express love for her husband too. I will admit that IS really fucked up with some of her quotes though. There are a few that are quite awkward if she's married.

Also, just because Cordelia is good at a lot of things doesn't mean she's perfect. People tell me I'm the same, but I'm nowhere near perfect. In fact, if she was perfect, everyone would love and adore her, including Chrom. But that's far from the truth.

Edited by Anacybele

I play with Japanese voices on, and since Licht and Henri obviously sound like the youngest guys, I married them. 8U shameless shotacon muhahaha

For a serious answer, yes, I might very well turn into a dirty old woman one day, but as odd as this is to say, "youth" appeals to me greatly. I'd want to date someone younger than me in real life (not like 10+ years younger, but enough to be noticeable). So Ricken and Henry were perfect for me. Mission accomplished, IS?

In her S support with Stahl, she outright states that he replaced Chrom in her heart and I believe her.

You are forgetting that each S support is a separate alternate instance.

Some of the cast states that in their S supports, like with Richt/Ricken and Mariabell/Maribelle that he was in love with her right from the start. That doesn't seem right when he says something similar in some other S support, right?

Now as for what Shirley said up there...

That's just a... kick in the crotch. Especially if your MU/Avatar was the one that married her:

80kAKgJ.jpg

Well then, in one reality Cordelia doesn't forget her feelings for Chrom, but in another, she does. Still doesn't make her a horrible person or anything. xP

Why does that comic have two Avatars in the one panel though? lol

Well then, in one reality Cordelia doesn't forget her feelings for Chrom, but in another, she does. Still doesn't make her a horrible person or anything. xP

In the reality that she doesn't, that is infidelity.

There's nothing wrong about remembering feelings you used to have for someone... but you need to brush it off.

Lusting for another guy while you're already married is where all that potential drama and fiasco starts.

Except she DOES eventually forget them. In her S support with Stahl, she outright states that he replaced Chrom in her heart and I believe her. I've heard that her support with Kellam doesn't even mention Chrom at all. Her event tile quotes have her express love for her husband too. I will admit that IS really fucked up with some of her quotes though. There are a few that are quite awkward if she's married.

Also, just because Cordelia is good at a lot of things doesn't mean she's perfect. People tell me I'm the same, but I'm nowhere near perfect. In fact, if she was perfect, everyone would love and adore her, including Chrom. But that's far from the truth.

I'm not even going by those event tiles stuff for Cordelia's quotes... That's just IS being lazy.... in which, yes, you can take them as referring to her husband, but I think most players assume it's Chrom. I was referring to this part to be exact:

Henry/Cordelia B Support conversation:

Henry:

Sure! Just tell me who you're yearning for, and I'll pluck the love out like a weed! You'll feel much better, I promise.

Cordelia:

I appreciate the offer, and it IS tempting... But I have to say no.

Henry:

Why?

Cordelia:

No matter how much it pains me, I don't want this love to go away.

Henry:

Huh. So you ARE making yourself sad deliberately!

Cordelia:

I know, Henry. I know...

And about the part where I claimed she's perfect... I got that from the conversations where she reacted so strongly to people calling her a genius and crap, almost like she's a perfectionist. Of course, I'm not saying I hate perfectionists because I can be one too (sometimes). And even if she is good at a lot of things, I don't think it would mean EVERYONE will notice her.... or like her. Because in the Summer Scramble conversation Cordelia can have with Chrom, he didn't say anything about not noticing her. It's just that he won't take notice of her in the way that she wants him to.

This is what I get for transferring most of Cordelia's supports to the wiki.

But eh, this isn't about Cordelia anyway.... So... But to not...derail this thread more, she's still at the bottom of my waifu list. I only have two marriage options as a MaMU and one as FeMU... not counting Azure/Inigo.

Edited by Shirley

I pretty much use the same Avatars for each playthrough (mixing around the Assets and Flaws of course), so Silver and Silvia have gotten a fair share of waifus/husbandos.

I don't think of my avatars as being, you know, me, they're their own seperate characters with their own seperate lives and personalities and thoughts (thank lucid dreaming for that) so of course, they get married for love. I'm in it for the stats/skill.role arrangements.

Although I'll admit, I have my favorites for the two of them. For Silver, my favorites so far are Lissa (white-haired Owain is amazing Owain. And Avatar-fathered Owain is a one-man army), Sumia (Cynthia and Morgan antics. Yes.) and Say'ri (Say'ri is a motherfucking badass and Morgan takes Say'ri's badassery and runs with it).

And for Silvia my favorites have been Chrom (of course), Owain (THAT SCRAMBLE CONVERSATION), and naturally, Henry.

If I had to pick just one, I'd go Say'ri for Silver and Henry for Silvia.

I like Cordelia's personality. Sue me >_>

Seriously though, I think her hate is undeserved. She gets too much hate just because of her unrequited love, which is very rarely brought by her(it's mostly the males). Also, about her personality, she ain't really perfect as she is, and I think she kinda have some hidden depths than wasn't really brought explicitly. like I said before, some people just don't really get her

I like her and Libra, not only their looks but also their personalities. Most people like Cordelia because of looks though, and not her personality too(which is sad).

Also, about her personality, she ain't really perfect as she is, and I think she kinda have some hidden depths than wasn't really brought explicitly. like I said before, some people just don't really get her

Honestly it's just my taste I guess. Tiamo/Cordelia is like Tharja to me on *THAT* specific front. While Tharja has character development, that's all fine and dandy, but she still abused her child. Still does. I don't care if it's something as insignificant as a nose dripping curse... that's unforgivable.

As for Tiamo/Cordelia, it's the fact that it's ALL up to interpretation if she really has let go of Chrom. That in itself, the fact that there's AMBIGUITY in her loyalty is something I greatly dislike. I don't need to "get to know her character better". The very fact that some people can see her still fawning over Chrom after she's already married being up into interpretation... and if one does interpret her as being disloyal, that instance is just disgusting to me.

Edited by shadowofchaos