What are you hoping WON'T be in the next FE? Or wouldn't be against being removed?

The Void

I'll start:

1. The Magic Triangle.

2. Enemies like in Hector Hard Mode in the "highest" difficulty.

3. A Jagen character like Blazing Sword Marcus, Seth, etc.

4. Being able to take off skills and give them to somebody else.

5. More playable characters than 35.

Wouldn't be against being removed:

1. The Weapon Triangle.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Narga/Loptyr/Grima/Yune/Ashera/AnyGodArchetype. (In other words, it'd be nice if there weren't a clear-cut evil antagonist.)

Edited by Lenh

I'll start:

1. The Magic Triangle.

2. Enemies like in Hector Hard Mode in the "highest" difficulty.

3. A Jagen character like Blazing Sword Marcus, Seth, etc.

4. Being able to take off skills and give them to somebody else.

5. More playable characters than 35.

Wouldn't be against being removed:

1. The Weapon Triangle.

Can't wait for no challenge fe 0/10.

Pair up.

Yeah this sucked goodbye sayonara.

I agree but with better implementation this wouldn't have sucked.

Gimme back my weight system damnit. Need more strategic choices with weaponry >:|

Edited by ManriKlok

If there's an Avatar, for the love of God, let him/her not have an OP skill like Veteran.

I hope Pair up is removed and Rescue command comes back. Pair up is too OP. I also hope the next Lunatic is more about teamwork than mindless move and end turn.

I also hope Seizing makes a return, because it was awesome and much better than lame defeat boss that can be trivialized.

I feel like FEDS had the right idea about bow users, sadly, FE13 ruined it once again by giving us Virion. I feel like Paragon/Veteran being the Archer skill instead of Skl+2 wouldve made him actually good. I hope the next game has useful archers.

I also hope Seizing makes a return, because it was awesome and much better than lame defeat boss that can be trivialized.

I hate seizing - it's just too boring. Especially when seizing is the only objective for the whole game.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Somewhat ironically, Pair Up discourages teamwork. It needs to go.

Seize objectives are generally the most challenging; if Pair Up goes away, then I'd love to see Seize stages return.

Edited by Redwall

Don't want: Pair up, dual strike, open-field maps, GBA support system

Want: Magic triangle, status staves, ballistae, weapon weight and Con

Come to think of it, magic triangle and the GBA support system are other things that they could do without - as is Con.

I always wondered, what exactly make FEDS Archer amazing?

Base stats, Map Design, the fact that you can't dodge, good Sniper base and caps, or the fact that there are actually an enemy that you did not want to hit directly and give tons of XP(Dragon)?

Because honestly, after copying PKL's strats in dat Archer Only runthrough they are pretty cool in FE12 >_> dunno about FE11

I always wondered, what exactly make FEDS Archer amazing?

Base stats, Map Design, the fact that you can't dodge, good Sniper base and caps, or the fact that there are actually an enemy that you did not want to hit directly and give tons of XP(Dragon)?

Because honestly, after copying PKL's strats in dat Archer Only runthrough they are pretty cool in FE12 >_> dunno about FE11

I'd probably say the fact that dodging was unreliable, as well as the fact that there were enemies that you'd generally not want to attack directly.

I'd probably say the fact that dodging was unreliable, as well as the fact that there were enemies that you'd generally not want to attack directly.

Sometime you just want to hit them with a base!Julian

Its bonerific

It's mostly that chip was actually useful. In FE13, there's too much enemy density in its Lunatic for Virion to reliably chip. Sniper was also actually a nice class to have around for dem wyverns and dracoknights.

Also, if Avatar were to return (which it will), then I want it to be better implemented:

More customizable stats (ala FE12), but the bonuses aren't as big. Ideally, I'd want an specialization (+10 growth +1 base), an aspiration (+10 growth) and a flaw (-10 growth -1 to 2 base). As well as decreased growths and no Veteran.

Dialogue options ala Mass Effect. I constantly feel like the Avatar isn't me when he's being his usual Sue-self in FE13, I feel like implementing a system like this could help make him feel more like you.

Story importance on the same level of the FE12 Avatar.

Edited by Peekayell

I actually don't want FE12 story importance if that means in a "everyone worship me for no reason" sense

It wasn't nearly as bad as FE13's. At least the Avatar there isn't the focus of the story at any point except the Prologue. FE13's is like, the main focus in the last few chapters. And then there's the boat incident that I hate the FE13 Avatar for.

Avatar: Oh look, I just burned an entire fleet!

Everyone: Omg yeah awesome work Avatar!

Can't wait for no challenge fe 0/10.

Tell he how Blazing Sword having the Magic Triangle, Marcus, and Hector Hard Mode's enemy stats made it more challenging than games without them.

New Mystery of the Emblem didn't have any of those. It especially had enemies who weren't as weak as the ones in Blazing Sword (see Pegasus Knights weighed down by Steel Lances).

Edited by The Void