Your favorite Fire Emblem for each category

PKL

I don't like how FE6 is hard for all the wrong reasons. Like the fact that the low hit rates only lead to frustration.

yeah that was annoying

FE11's music is underrated

it is, still not near the best though

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that was annoying

Indeed - who wants to be stuck dealing with a boss for several turns because most of your guys don't have good hit rates against them?

Edited by Levant Fortner

Gameplay: All(I love the FE formula in general)

Story: FE9

Music: FE13

Characters: Can't say

Difficulty: FE13 (I love Lunatic, it's my favorite difficulty in the series).

Gameplay: Awakening

Pair-up is really fun and intuitive, and the streamlined controls are really nice. Being able to skip the enemy's turn doesn't hurt either..

Story: Blazing Sword

Well-paced and well told. It was simple enough that you could follow it easily and it was riddled with plot holes, but complicated enough to be interesting.

Characters: Blazing Sword

It goes hand-in-hand with story, but it had the most memorable cast of characters IMO.

Difficulty: Awakening

Apotheosis is challenging even with maxed out stats, but the skill system is intuitive and its definitely one of my favorite experiences playing a Fire Emblem game.

Gameplay: Awakening

Pair-up is really fun and intuitive, and the streamlined controls are really nice. Being able to skip the enemy's turn doesn't hurt either..

Story: Blazing Sword

Well-paced and well told. It was simple enough that you could follow it easily and it was riddled with plot holes, but complicated enough to be interesting.

Characters: Blazing Sword

It goes hand-in-hand with story, but it had the most memorable cast of characters IMO.

Difficulty: Awakening

Apotheosis is challenging even with maxed out stats, but the skill system is intuitive and its definitely one of my favorite experiences playing a Fire Emblem game.

I believe you skipped music

also lol Apotheosis

Edited by shadykid

Gameplay: FE12

Story: probably fe5/fe9 due to being semi-realistic rather than "lol lets revive a dragon god for the lulz" (I like to pretend fe10 doesn't exist when I think of fe9 ok)

Characters: don't care enough

Difficulty: FE12 LM

Edited by Cluie

Gameplay: FE5

Story: 4-5 combo. Judgral saga is my fav in general.

Characters: see above. I like a number of characters from each game I've played, even 11 (what is character development) and 13 (awful one dimensional development for 90% of the cast), but 4-5 comes with the territory of my favourite story and has Ayra. <3 Ayra

Shout out to 9-10's designs though. Love those designs.

Difficulty: FE12 Lunatic

Gameplay: FE8

It has all the simplicity of FE7 plus more! More like branching promotions, a world map, skirmish battles, the tower, post-game activity, etc.

Story: FE7

I love the story, and each character within the story makes it even better for me.

Music: FE7

Yep, love the music too. Especially the recruitment theme. FE13 had some great tracks as well, and so did all the others, but as a whole I didn't like them quite as much (but that music on the final level of 13, man that's awesome).

Characters: FE7

The best cast of characters in all the Fire Emblem games, in my own humble opinion. The supports deepen each character, and each character is unique.

Difficulty: FE7

You could beat the game with literally any combination of characters, they were all usable! Save one or two pre-promotes, that is.

FE7 is my favorite game in the FE series, if you couldn't tell... :P:

Gameplay: Awakening - Fast-forwarding battles? Skipping enemy turn? DLC worthy of purchase? YES. Also like the reclassing more than in 11 and that supports are easier to get and not limited.

Story: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn - I know RD gets a lot of sass for not having the strongest story ever, but I can overlook most of the little things because the rest is very good imo. It's really not until Part 3 where it starts to suffer, but even then it doesn't get to me as much as it bothers others. PoR needs little explanation; awesome villains, pacing, themes, and Ike was definitely the most interesting Lord to date if you ask me.

Music: I can't choose.

Characters: Blazing Sword. Protagonists and antagonists. I admit nostalgia might play a bit of a factor.

Difficulty: Radiant Dawn. It's challenging enough without getting too frustrating, and I actually liked how it switched between POVs.

I don't like how FE6 is hard for all the wrong reasons. Like the fact that the low hit rates only lead to frustration.

The only bosses I recall with nasty hit rates were the 8x and 16x bosses, and even then you'd be in at least the 60's.

Wagner

58 avo, have fun without Rutger.

Chapter 5 boss is a pain too.

And generally every boss is a pain. And how is it any different than the DS games? All it does is have buffed enemy stats over your units like DS games do but its your opinion so its cool, dont get me wrong.

Edited by Peekayell

Gameplay: FE5

Story: FE9

Music: Three way tie between FE4/6/13 FE9 and 10 come super close though

Characters: FE7

Diffculty: FE6

Edited by Jedi

Gameplay: FE13 with FE5 in second and FE10 in Third

Story: FE5 with FE9 in second and FE13 in third

Music: FE13 with FE4 in second and FE12 in third

Characters: FE13 with FE9 in second and FE8 in third

Difficulty: FE13HM with FE9HM in second and FE10NM in third.

Favorite gameplay: FE5

Story: FE5

Music: tie between FE4 and FE13 with FE4 winning

Characters: Somthing between FE8 and FE4

Difficulty: FE5

It's not really a tie if FE4 is winning :p

@ Walhart- I love FE10 too!

Edited by Peekayell

@ Walhart- I love FE10 too!

Yeah but you like Cordelia so I'm ignoring you

Just kidding, glad to hear that you also like FE10. It's way underrated here and it gets a lot of hate and I really can't see why.

Yeah but you like Cordelia so I'm ignoring you

Just kidding, glad to hear that you also like FE10. It's way underrated here and it gets a lot of hate and I really can't see why.

How dare you hate on my waifu?

Yeah, I mean, it does have it's flaws but i don't see how it's deserving of hate ;/

Edited by Peekayell