NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

Eh the Jets look shitty every other week, the Titans blew them out too. The Bengals certainly look like favorites to win the AFC North but I can't take them very seriously as bowl contenders until they at least win a playoff game.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA! The Steelers might pull this off! Another TD! And with a minute and a half to spare, they have the ball again. O_O

EDIT: Okay, maybe not, now the ball is Oakland's... They'd need another pick/fumble recovery to win at all now...

Edited by Anacybele

Playfake -> Pryor takes it to the house... fingers crossed. At least a first down. That's all they need to seal it.

Yeah, these Bengals... Just damn.

Lions got unlucky in that game. These guys also lost to the Browns, although that was with Hoyer - but they only scored 6 on them. They've hit a soft spot of their schedule at this point, and their games from here on out aren't too hard for them. They can easily win the division now.

Also this Broncos-Redskins game is ugly as shit now. Interceptions everywhere! Kirk Cousins has taken the field.

Edited by Lord Raven

Steelers have the ball back... Just seconds left. Get a FG and throw it into OT!

EDIT: Well, nope. It was a really nice effort though. If they'd just had a LITTLE more time left...

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope again for the Steelers' season. And the Dolphins'. But at least I've got the 4-3 Panthers left to look at.

Definitely. Even though the Panthers have been playing bad teams, they're certainly improving and their defense has looked solid.

Definitely. Even though the Panthers have been playing bad teams, they're certainly improving and their defense has looked solid.

Yeah. Cam Newton's always been cool too. :)

Well, Broncos have scored 31 points in the fourth quarter and Manning threw like 3 picks. And I think like 7-8 turnovers happened in the fourth quarter. lmao... it went from 21-7 to 21-45 in like 17 minutes.

...Wait a minute, Suisham MISSED two short field goals? Well, now I know why I've never seen him miss. Because whenever he does, I'm not watching. >_>

Steelers should've had this game. They should've. Those two field goals would've likely given them the points they needed. But they went down fighting, at least.

Edited by Anacybele

Well they are only two games behind San Diego (current #6 seed)...granted that's also 1.5 games behind the Jets, 1 game behind the Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders, and Titans, and a half game behind the Browns and Bills.

Looks the West divisions will each take the top wildcard which should make competition for the last wildcard spot pretty fierce in both conferences.

Well they are only two games behind San Diego (current #6 seed)...granted that's also 1.5 games behind the Jets, 1 game behind the Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders, and Titans, and a half game behind the Browns and Bills.

Looks the West divisions will each take the top wildcard which should make competition for the last wildcard spot pretty fierce in both conferences.

I predicted a while back that SF would not make the playoffs yet Arizona would. Well, I was way off, but it looks like when all is said and done here's the playoffs including current records;

1) Denver Broncos (7-1)

2) Cincinnati Bengals (6-2)

3) Indianapolis Colts (5-2)

4) New England Patriots (6-2)

5) Kansas City Chiefs (8-0)

6) San Diego Chargers (4-3)

In the running:

Baltimore (3-4), New York (4-4), Miami (3-4), Oakland (3-4), Tennessee (3-4), Buffalo (3-5)

1) New Orleans Saints (6-1)

2) Seattle Seahawks (6-1) (tiebreaker may go to NO due to strength of schedule, maybe 7 wins after tomorrow)

3) Detroit Lions (5-3)

4) Dallas Cowboys (4-4)

5) San Francisco 49ers (6-2)

6) Green Bay Packers (4-3 and maybe 5 after today)

In the running;

Carolina (4-3), Chicago (4-3), Arizona (4-4)

The AFC is tight this year. I projected the "running" based on the future schedules and the strength of the team.

Edited by Lord Raven

The Packers are 4-2 actually, so if they beat Minnesota they'll be a half game ahead of Detroit, but I agree with your list. I guess the rest of the NFC East is kind of still in the running because the Cowboys can be caught fairly easily but eh.

Only reason I disagree is due to Eagles QB health issues, and whatever the hell the Giants and Redskins do with theit time. Meanwhile, Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFC East by far.

Honestly? Chargers are gonna win it all. Fact. thx eagles

Edited by Lord Raven

Holy shit Megatron. The last minute of that game was crazy. Matt Stafford is one smart guy.

I played against Megatron in FF this week... =(
Hey Ana, the Steelers are part of a new NFL record. They allowed the longest run in league history by a QB. Too bad thats not the kind of record you want to be associated with.
Despite losing, i liked how the Bills played. There were a few big plays that could have (and probably SHOULD have) gone the other way. Drew Brees is the best QB in the league right now. I genuinely loved watching him play.
If EJ and CJ weren't out we might have won this one. I think the Chiefs might get a surprise next week.
Miami blew another game. Is it just me or does Tom Brady look completely shot?
@ Raven - that article on Palmer was good. I never realized that he was only in his 3rd year of starting when Johnson/Houshmanzedah was a thing. I thought he was older.

So, all of my predictions were correct except for Giants vs Eagles and Steelers vs Raiders. Not bad at all for a first try. ^^

Hawk King: Well no duh. xP It still shocks me how the STEELER DEFENSE of all things allowed such a record to happen.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana pls people have been saying all offseason how they've lost a step, teams kinda change from the 70s

Remember when Baltimore was an offensive team with such legends as Johnny U and Raymond Berry?

Ana pls people have been saying all offseason how they've lost a step, teams kinda change from the 70s

Did I say I was talking about the 70s? I meant how after this defense curbstomped the Jets and left the Ravens trailing most of the game.

They are lucky to be 6-2. They very well could be 2-6 right now.

Not really, they've benefited from an okay schedule (give them tougher opponents and they probably would crumble) but in the end Brady is just that good

Okay, now that I see the matchups for this week, I'll make my predictions again. I feel like it. lol

Cincinnati Bengals vs Miami Dolphins - I'd greatly prefer that the Dolphins win, but they just don't seem ready to take on these scary tigers. >.>

Kansas City Chiefs vs Buffalo Bills - The Chiefs are undefeated while Buffalo is rather sucking. You figure it out.

Atlanta Falcons vs Carolina Panthers - I like both of these teams, but the Panthers are having a good season so far while the Falcons are not. And the Falcons have a crappy defense going against the talent that is Cam Newton.

Minnesota Vikings vs Dallas Cowboys - I'm not sure either of these teams have been doing that great lately, so I'm kind of making a wild guess here. I've also heard some good things about Tony Romo lately.

New Orleans Saints vs New York Jets - Yeah, the Jets stink and the Saints have been kicking teams across the field and back (mostly).

Tennessee Titans vs St. Louis Rams - The Titans have looked a bit better to me, though I prefer the Rams.

San Diego Chargers vs Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III is amazing, I can't see him not running circles around the Chargers, who aren't anything special.

Philadelphia Eagles vs Oakland Raiders - Yeah... After the Raiders stomped all over the Steelers most of their game last week, I can't see the Eagles doing any better.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Seattle Seahawks - Four words. Tampa SUCKS right now.

Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns - The Ravens have been bad and the Browns are always bad, but the Ravens just can't be as terrible. xP

Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots - What's this? I'm predicting that my own team is going to lose? Yes, I am. These Steelers won't ever beat the Pats right now after the way they played against the Raiders and how they lost four other games. I'll still hope they win, but I don't think it'll happen.

Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans - Andrew Luck has had great luck lately. The Texans? Not so much.

Chicago Bears vs Green Bay Packers - Isn't this one of those old rivalries? The Packers are too good to lose to the Bears though, imo.

Edited by Anacybele