NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

HEEEEEATH! TD Steelers! :D

Way to go for the o-line too! I saw some great protection there for Ben! I'm really impressed! I didn't think we'd get on the board this quickly! My Steelers are back for sure! I'm glad I dressed up in all my black and gold. ^^

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't complain, there was a no call DPI on Megatron that forced the Lions to punt like 10 yards away from FG range for Cincy.

also, Ana, I hope the Steelers enjoy the blatant holding to compensate for hteir shitty oline

>implying seattle won't destroy arizona

i also disagree with the rams vs panthers sentiment, but that's only because of my bias.

they didn't start to destroy arizona until the fourth quarter, and Arizona's still better than you think.

How bout them Rams though?

also, Ana, I hope the Steelers enjoy the blatant holding to compensate for hteir shitty oline

Holding? I don't see any flags flying anywhere. You're just butthurt that these Steelers, who lost the first four games, are kicking the Ravens back and forth. Can't you be NICE at all?

You're right, they're not being called, even though they're happening all over the place. I'm mad that that's happening, don't go with the personal insults about being butthurt.

I'm not trying to insult you. But whatever, I won't let you ruin a good game for me, regardless of who wins or if penalties happen.

Yeah, I expected a better game from the Ravens. I'll be disappointed if the Steelers totally flatten them like pancakes. I want to see a good ol' competitive Steelers vs Ravens! So come on, purple birds, give us everything you got! I don't like you guys much, but at the same time, I do like you, because it's partly due to you guys that I've seen so many great Steelers vs Ravens matchups!

The fact that the Ravens have like NO run game right now. Where's your run game, Flacco and crew? It's looking worse than the Steelers' in their first couple games. xP

I'm glad Polamalu was able to clean up his mess though. Neutral zone infraction, ugh, that hurt. But it no longer matters, thanks to Troy!

Our run game has actually been 31st ranked in the nfl this season so far... I think it hurts this offense whenever we try to run it. Doesn't help that Pittsburgh tends to put a lot more on coverage than the pass rush.

anyways dumervil is blowing the game ~_~

Well, yeah, when Flacco throws it, something DOES happen, you're right.

On another note, I'm glad Tomlin challenged the spot just now. That was so not a first down. Now the Steeler defense has a fair shot at stopping the Ravens here, though it'll be tricky. Still, I've seen 'em do it.

EDIT: And that was a great effort by both teams! Ravens got themselves a field goal, and this is the best I've seen the Steeler defense do in a good while. They haven't allowed a TD in almost two games now!

Edited by Anacybele

ngl i had a heart palpitation when i saw troy jump, lmao woulda been sick if it actually happened but i also would've probably been dead

EDIT: our defense and run game choked away a fifth game... sigh

Edited by Lord Raven

YEAH SUISHAM, I LOVE YOU! Best FG kicker EVER! :D

STEELERS WIN IT! Our season ain't done yet! WOOOO!

I also thought I was gonna lose it too on that Troy jump you're talking about though, Lord Raven. I wanted to shout "Troy, you IDIOT!" >_<

Edited by Anacybele

It was a good game but it was also painful to watch... I have no clue how to feel about a defense that held both Pittsburgh and Green Bay to the same number of points and allowed Buffalo/Miami to score more than GB

I have no clue what Harbaugh's been trying to do lately, but that was the dumbest onside kick I've ever seen, the defense allowed Pit to extend their drives to 6-8 minutes and couldn't prevent them from going 40 yards in 2 minutes, the offense can't get it going until we realize that our run game sucks and we hand Flacco the ball. Seriously, Flacco was the reason we won the Super Bowl, and if we don't give Flacco the ball some more then we won't win games because our offensive line can't block for shit and Flacco can make anything happen if we need him to. He's not an elite quarterback but he's clearly in the tier below them.

Yeah, that is a bit of an odd defensive record. lol

You're right about what the Ravens need to do to improve themselves though. They need to give Flacco more control, just like the Steelers needed to do with Ben.

And speaking of which, Todd Haley seems to finally be using his head. There was some creative and impressive stuff going on there with our offense, and we actually have a run game again. Bell and Dwyer were the bomb, especially Bell. But we really need to re-add Wheaton to our receivers. Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are great (screw Moye, he should've gotten 6 more points on the board with that Ben-Bomb), as are Miller and Johnson for TEs, but re-add Wheaton and the pass game should really pack a punch! And a rookie won't get experience if he doesn't play.

peyton threw the one int but the denver defense and right now ronnie hillman are fucking it up in the grand scheme of things

EDIT: Very good game, but it sucks that i'm like 6-15 in predictions though. the steps i take to be controversial....

Edited by Lord Raven

Haha it's funny seeing a Patriots fan complain about the refs. The Patriots o-line holds ALL THE TIME (including on the last second TD pass last week) and it almost never gets called.

That call was absolutely correct. Its a new rule change and if you watch the replay the ref threw the flag immediately. The flag was thrown before the ball was even kicked.

Im sad about the Broncos.

How bout them Bucs!

Mario Williams was a beast at the end of that game. Miami has lost 3 straight and looked exactly as good as I thought they were: average.

@ Raven - Are the Steelers better than everyone thought or are the Ravens worse? Or was that just a product of the Steelers and Ravens playing close games almost every time they play? I like the Ravens but something about the Steelers bores the hell out of me (no offense, Ana) and I fell asleep for the middle 40 mins of the game. Flacco looked good at the end, the D not-so-much.

I don't care if they threw the flag it's not they're place to decide the game. They shouldn't any flags unless they hit the kicker. And get over the holds everybody does it nobody gets called. There were a dozen that weren't called for every team yesterday. So stop whining about it.

@ Raven - Are the Steelers better than everyone thought or are the Ravens worse? Or was that just a product of the Steelers and Ravens playing close games almost every time they play? I like the Ravens but something about the Steelers bores the hell out of me (no offense, Ana) and I fell asleep for the middle 40 mins of the game. Flacco looked good at the end, the D not-so-much.

During their bye, Tomlin made some changes to the Steelers' offense. This was right after the fourth loss. And they've won two games in a row now. If that doesn't tell you that Tomlin's ideas worked like a charm and revived the team, I don't know what will. And don't worry, no offense taken. Sometimes the Steelers have actually bored me too. lol Not every single play is omg awesome, after all. But a playoff run for the black and gold isn't out of the question yet, thank goodness. ^^

Also, NFL.com named Ben the best AFC North QB! :D I'm not surprised though, I always thought he was way better than any QB the Bengals and Browns had, and just a cut above Flacco. Flacco is very good, he's even faster and more mobile than Ben and he's got a good arm. But Ben is overall better at avoiding sacks, he has a stronger arm, he can take more hits, and he's the best 3rd down QB in the league (the Steelers are unsurpassed in 3rd down conversions). Gotta love Big Ben! :3

Next week, the black and gold guys take on the Raiders. Hoo boy, every time I see these two clash, fights break out all over the place. The Raiders still hate us for the Immaculate Reception and always will, it seems. xP

I think both the Steelers are improving and the Ravens just aren't that great right now. I thought the Steelers were done after starting 0-4, but they're only 1.5 games from the last wild card spot (the Bengals are still pretty far in the lead division wise).

I'm not surprised to see the Broncos lose, they have a poor defense and Manning is not unstoppable (only 17 points through the first 3 quarters). He's still good and all, but the media overrates him just like they did back when he was a Colt. Speaking of Colts, they've now beaten the Seahawks, Niners, and Broncos- they appear to be pretty legitimate contenders.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I think the media overrates Brady too. He's good, but not omg amazing as they say. He can be stopped pretty easily too. Last I saw the Pats play the Steelers, our defense was all over him. Brady has a major weakness, see, and that's the fact that he sucks under pressure. The Steeler defense has sacked him a bunch of times and made him lose the ball too.

Pey-Pey though, I think he's legitimately amazing, but not unstoppable either. No QB is perfect. No player or team is perfect.

Edited by Anacybele

Brady is pretty good depending on the pressure. Get in his face often like the Ravens and Steelers often do and that's his kryptonite; same with manning, rodgers, and brees. You watch those two teams go against Brady and Manning (even though manning always beats us - this season and last regular season aside it was our offense unable to match the fact that the defense completely kills his ability to stay comfortable in the pocket). If you saw GB@BAL last week you'd see exactly what I mean; our pass rush shut down rodgers incredibly effectively. Our secondary got burned like once and our front seven couldn't hold a young running back...

Brady and Manning aren't interchangeable; their styles are different. They rely on outsmarting the defense, but Manning runs an offense where he makes audibles based on film and what he sees, then relies on his internal rhythm and the receivers rhythm to make the short passes or to tire the defense out. Brady relies on both rhythm and reading the defense in the same way as his receivers (which becomes problematic when he has two rookie receivers like this year who are still learning, or when you have Chad Ochocinco who doesn't work). In fact Brady is a lot about making use of the system he is dealt and perfect execution, because what I just discussed was only the current system; his system has changed like 5 times during his career which actually makes you respect him some more.

As for the Ravens, we have a history of being a very unpredictable team. Also, I'm starting to see our patchwork defense perform below what we could, and our play calling and in game coaching are nothing short of borderline retarded. I don't understand why we don't just make each game a shoutout considering our run game is awful and our passing game is what's keeping us going. Even under pressure he can make shit happen, especially considering he's under tons of pressure constantly due to a weak center and an even more incompatible line scheme to our linemen.

Hopefully two weeks off can fix our problems, because our team is and should be good since our defense, offense, and scheme both are better than last year purely in terms of overall personnel.. But it's so dysfunctional right now. Also harbaugh made a shit ton of boneheaded calls on offense and special teams including that fucking retarded and unnecessary onside kick... -_- and everytime we run a drive stalls, too. It's better to use the pass to setup the run but we can't run contrary to what our coaching staff thinks.

Overall we will never have a guaranteed win or loss; we will either go 6-10 or go 10-6 in the wild card.

I should remind myself now that I'm pretty sure 2010 wasn't too different from now, and we still hit the divisional round... Then again the AFC is much much much more powerful than anyone anticipated this year.