NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler's injury killed my fantasy hopes this week.

You've hurt me again, Jay. You'll burn for that.

His injury is making Bears fans everywhere sad, losing Briggs is arguably worse though because it puts our defense in an even worse position. At least we still have offensive playmakers.

I dont care what people say, Flacco is a damn good QB. He's not a top 5 but he is definitely in the next 5.

Fun fact: Thad Lewis attempted 32 passes in each of his 3 NFL starts.

Luck has lost his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. How much will the Colts miss Reggie Wayne?

Luck has lost his #1 receiver for the rest of the year. How much will the Colts miss Reggie Wayne?

If Darrius Heyward-Bey steps up and plays more consistently it could be smaller than you would think.

It'll still hurt the team though, no denying that.

I dont care what people say, Flacco is a damn good QB. He's not a top 5 but he is definitely in the next 5.

Yeah definitely. Some of the throws he's made outside the Buffalo game (and even in the Buffalo game because holy shit you do not play like that even if you throw 5 interceptions) are pretty ridiculous. If Pitta comes back at some point this season (still unlikely) then we can replace Dickson with him and have Pitta/Clark as TEs and put Brown in the slot - the thought of Pitta and Brown as receivers is scary since Brown is our replacement for Anquan.

He'll be alright, I wouldn't worry too much about him. Dude's having a great season, only issue is that Wayne will no longer attract most of the coverage.

The Colts will be fine. I'm just glad they made the Broncos look vulnerable. I've definitely been impressed with Kansas City so far this season. I was expecting them to contend for the playoffs but was not expecting them to be on top of their division 7 weeks in.

Oh sweetness, Suisham's been named AFC Special Teams player of the week! He's gotten this honor three times before too, but I'm not surprised. He is a FG kicking GOD. I've never seen him miss! One time he didn't quite kick it far enough, but he would've nailed it perfectly if he had. If he had a bit of a stronger leg, he'd have broken Jeff Reed's record of longest successful FG kick in Steeler history ages ago (53 yards is Reed's high, but 54 yards proved to be a tad too much for Suisham).

They better not, I'll be embarrassed if the Steelers lost to a team that gets THAT bad of a record in the end. >.>

What's funny though, is that both the Steelers and Raiders are 2-4 right now. Somebody's going 2-5 next week, and I really hope it's the Raiders. If the Steelers go 3-4, they'll be tied with the Ravens in their division. After that, they'll just need to figure out how to upstage the Bengals. Which won't be easy given how scary they've become.

You're in NC and a Steelers fan? Sad... =( Out of those two 2-win teams I think the panthers look better. I guess we'll see after another few weeks though. I bet the Panthers will win tomorrow on Thursday Night Football.

I'm a Steeler fan because I'm from Pittsburgh and was born there. I only live in NC, though living here did make me a Panthers fan too. But the Steelers are my first NFL priority. Also, the Steelers had a really bad start this season, but they're improving fast from that. I don't see how this is sad at all.

I'm not surprised. The Steelers appear to be the most popular team in the league. You find Steeler fans not only all over the country, but around the WORLD too. My stepdad got a cool Steeler coin in Iraq. And I remember the last time I saw the Steelers face the Cowboys. They were in Dallas, but there were still more Steeler fans in those stands than Cowboy fans!

Carolina Panthers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - So I may have overrated the Buccaneers. Buccaneers have a shitty offense and Carolina has an amazing front 7. And Cam Newton/Steve Smith/etc will wreck them. Next

Dallas Cowboys @ Detroit Lions - Detroit's offense is still explosive as fuck and they're playing at home. Hopefully Cincinnati was a fluke (they choked the game away but there was a missed OPI) but with their offense and defense against the Cowboys, who are a good team but not great like Detroit (and Detroit was against Cincy, another great team) with home field advantage I can't see the Cowboys coming out of this with a win. Then again, Tony Romo is really good.

San Francisco 49ers @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert is no longer going to be starting for JAX and this game's in England. Next

Cleveland Browns @ Kansas City Chiefs - Cleveland is starting a new QB, never a good sign. This will be a great punting shootout and nothing better than that. Campbell played like ass against the Ravens, but then again he had to be subbed in after Weeden got injured.

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots - yawn, I cannot see the Dolphins coming out of this with a win under any circumstance; Brady has too much time in the pocket, Gronk is back, and it's @NE as opposed to Miami.

Buffalo Bills @ New Orleans Saints - Nothing much to say here, Saints defense is for real and Saints offense is the Saints offense. Buffalo will have trouble with this matchup.

New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles - Hopefully Vick can make up for that third string's shitty game last week, let's just hope the Giants remain incompetent like on Monday. Expect either an exciting game from Philly or a dull game with terrible playing all around.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Oakland Raiders - Terrelle Pryor and Oakland's defense is for real, and apparently the Steelers have either been taken out of their funk or the Ravens were in a huge funk (and so were the Jets, who went on to beat the Patriots). Either way, Steelers are flying to EST-3 for this matchup, and Oakland is very motivated as a team despite inevitably ending the season with a losing record. I think it's home field that'll make this matchup go in Oakland's favor.

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals - God fuck both these teams, I hope New York wins but since this is predictions, Bengals are the much better overall team but the Jets have shown that they are to be taken seriously.

Atlanta Falcons @ Arizona Cardinals - a patchwork O-line vs Arizona's pass rush, terrible defense vs Carson Palmer (when he has time to throw he'll light it up, and as it stands Atlanta can't pressure a QB), and the only mismatch here is Tony G and Roddy White vs MAYBE Arizona's secondary. Until we remember that Patrick Peterson is a really good Cornerback. Also it's @ARI.

Washington Redskins @ Denver Broncos - yawn, next

Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings - is it bad news that Ponder is playing, or will it be an upgrade over Freeman? Either way... this Packers defense is killin it and this Vikings offense is being killed.

Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams - poor Bradford, I can't see any conceivable way whoever they put in for QB can do anything in this game nor will I ever see the defense able to stop the Seahawks offense.

Man I dunno why I'm so apathetic, maybe because the Ravens might lose to the bye week.

Edited by Lord Raven

I would just like to point out that bills-saints game might not be that much of a blowout. If you look at when New Orleans offense is at its worse, which is still pretty, its without one of three people, sean Peyton, drew Brees, or Jimmy Graham. The reason why the Pats were even close is beacuse Talib shut him down. I don't think the bills have that shutdown corner but rather I think the entire secondary will do a solid job covering holding to 50 yards, no touchdowns. And they also, probably, have a better run defense than the pats with no wilfork.

That won't help when Brees has 5 people to throw to on any given play. Yeah Bills have a great secondary, but you have to remember that the Saints have a running attack which the Patriots generally haven't been great at this year. Also remember that the Saints play a ton better at home (as did the Patriots, which was an equalizing factor last week) than away, and the Bills will probably have trouble on offense and their defense may be tired due to the offense.

I've been saying it for 6 weeks and I've been right 4 times

You have? I must have missed your predictions for the four games they lost then, because I never saw them. xP

Oh well, I'm still obviously going to hope the Steelers win again. Continuing their winning streak will really show that they're now a threat.

Carolina @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Carolina takes this. Tampa's defense isn't going to be able to stop Cam Newton. At least not as successfully as Carolina's D will stop the Buccaneers offense.

Dallas Cowboys @ Detroit Lions - Romo is too inconsistent and this is a game on the road. The Lions have a great defense, and their offense has Calvin Johnson. Too much to like here.

San Francisco 49ers @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Not this week, Jacksonville...

Cleveland Browns @Kansas City Chiefs - Cleveland's offense isn't going to have much of a chance against the Chiefs' D. Not to mention with Alex Smith and Jamal Charles on offense, I don't see their defense being able to stop the Chiefs consistently.

Miami Dolphins @New England Patriots - This one could go either way but I think I'll take the Patriots at home.

Buffalo Bills @New Orleans Saints - Saints offense is too good, they'll take this one.

New York Giants @Philadelphia Eagles- I think the Giants are going to upset the Eagles. I think, even as bad as the Giants are, that the Eagles are susceptible and haven't looked their best when playing at home. The Eagle's are the more talented squad but I see the Giants having a better night.

Pittsburgh Steelers @Oakland Raiders - I hope the Steelers lose, but I don't think it's going to happen. The Raiders have looked decent, but the Steelers look like they're starting to pick up a bit of momentum.

New York Jets @Cincinnati Bengals -Bengals have looked awesome this season, can't bet against them.

Atlanta Falcons @Arizona Cardinals - Injuries have plagued the falcons all season, and I see the Arizona defense overwhelming Matt Ryan and the offense.

Washington Redskins @Denver Broncos - Thank god I have Manning on my fantasy team, this should be a good week for me. :)

Green Bay Packers@ Minnesota Vikings - Packers win. The Vikings looked abysmal on Monday.

Seattle Seahawks@ St. Louis Rams -Seeing what the Panthers' defense did to the Rams last week, this will be even worse. Another fantasy booster for my team with Seahawks D. :D

Edited by Black Dynamite

That won't help when Brees has 5 people to throw to on any given play. Yeah Bills have a great secondary, but you have to remember that the Saints have a running attack which the Patriots generally haven't been great at this year. Also remember that the Saints play a ton better at home (as did the Patriots, which was an equalizing factor last week) than away, and the Bills will probably have trouble on offense and their defense may be tired due to the offense.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I don't think they play that much better at home, but I don't pay a bunch of attention to where teams play even the pats. That's the only I disagree with you about, but the saints are not an efficient offense, they are an explosive one. They won't run the ball down your throat they will pass wether it be to the receivers or the tight ends or out of the backfield they want the ball in Brees's hands. I don't see this doing that well against a secondary, which is better at taking the ball away than any they've faced this year. The pats secondary didn't let people out of coverage which didn't allow Brees many options, and they still put up 27 points. However the bills wont completely shut you down but the throws have to be much more accurate because they will go after it even if its a small chance. Granted this is from what I've whatched but I don't know what you may have seen.