NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, they've benefited from an okay schedule (give them tougher opponents and they probably would crumble) but in the end Brady is just that good

I wonder how he will play now that Vollmer is injured...

(Predictions tonight)

San Diego making the play-offs would mean 3 AFC West teams make it, barring a collapse by Denver or KC.

The Bills might have to go to their 3rd starting QB this year. Otherwise I would pick them to beat KC. The Bills have blown out KC in their last two meetings, and KC has had a really weak schedule so far. I could see them finishing 11-5 or 12-4.

I wonder how he will play now that Vollmer is injured...(Predictions tonight)

The same way he does when he plays a team with a decent pass rush. It's gonna be an ugly season. Unless he fixes the whole can't take pressure thing.

He can survive under pressure (not as well as other QBs), just not pressure through the center which is generally the kind of pressure you've seen him crack down under.

Also;

Cincinatti Bengals @ Miami Dolphins - upset and hopeful pick

Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills

Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers

Minnesota Vikings @ Dallas Fuckboys

New Orleans Saints @ New York Jets

Tennessee Titans @ St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers @ Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles @ Oakland Raiders

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Seattle Seahawks

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns - homer says ravens but the other side of my brain may acknowledge campbell as competent enough to carry that offense to much more than weeden could

Pittsburgh Steelers @ New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans

Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers

Edited by Lord Raven

Thad Lewis got injured? That sucks. I always wished that the Browns gave him more playing time last year.

In any case, the Browns need to pick up a free agent QB in case Campbell gets injured. And, since the right side of our offensive line is still a weak point (especially since no team in the NFL is dumb enough to put all their effort into attacking the left with God Thomas there), we need one badly. As much as I don't like him, Tim Tebow is probably the best option available in the incredibly slim pickings of free agents right now. And it's better to get him now, because if Campbell goes down in the middle of the game, Weeden will have to come in again. Also, if Campbell stays healthy, we can use Tebow as a running back since his main only talent is running the ball.

If I were a Browns fan I would rather put my balls in a vice than allow Tebow to start for the Browns. He's seriously pretty fucking terrible! All you do is stack the box and he can't do shit. I would much rather put in Weeden cause he can at least make a completion.

4th string? Kolb never secured the starting job. Its our 3rd QB to start a game this year though.

Honestly, I havent payed attention for the past 2 days to who is gonna start. Last I heard Jeff Tuel was getting the majority of reps in practice over Matt Flynn.

Im actually not worried at all. After seeing what this coaching staff has done with rookie EJ and 1-game starter Thad, I think they can get production out of anyone.

I actually expect to see the Bills win.

If I were a Browns fan I would rather put my balls in a vice than allow Tebow to start for the Browns. He's seriously pretty fucking terrible! All you do is stack the box and he can't do shit. I would much rather put in Weeden cause he can at least make a completion.

Yes, Tebow is terrible, but you're underestimating just how awful Weeden is. Basically, I'd rather put in an eight-year-old girl scout than Brandon Weeden. We should definitely stick with Campbell, but if he gets injured we're literally done. And, as I said, Tebow can run the ball. McGahee's 33 years old, which is basically 90 in RB years. With Tebow as an RB, the Browns could then take note of how the Indians used 42-year-old Jason Giambi effectively and bring Willis McGahee in only for key run plays (and, of course, if teams expect us to do that, we can also bring in McGahee for a pass play sometimes while opposing defenses are expecting us to run the ball as long as he's on the field) so that he can perform at his best without getting worn out due to his age.

It's obviously not a good plan, but we have a hole at RB and no backup QB for Jason Campbell, so bringing inTebow, who is both decent at running the ball AND a QB not named "Brandon Weeden", could help us out. Or it could backfire horribly, in which case we'll be in a good position for the draft (assuming our management doesn't blow our picks on more useless players).

Speaking of the draft, I'm not sure we should be going for guys like Bridgewater and that Oregon guy whose name escapes me at the moment. This could be the Ohio State homer in me talking, but I think Braxton Miller would be a great, underrated pick who will probably still be available in the second or third round, and using our two first round picks to get a second WR and someone who can do for the right side of our o-line what Joe Thomas does for the left will help us immensely. RBs aren't as valuable in the draft as they used to be, either, so we can probably get a quality starter at that position in the second or third round, too.

Yes, Tebow is terrible, but you're underestimating just how awful Weeden is. Basically, I'd rather put in an eight-year-old girl scout than Brandon Weeden. We should definitely stick with Campbell, but if he gets injured we're literally done. And, as I said, Tebow can run the ball. McGahee's 33 years old, which is basically 90 in RB years. With Tebow as an RB, the Browns could then take note of how the Indians used 42-year-old Jason Giambi effectively and bring Willis McGahee in only for key run plays (and, of course, if teams expect us to do that, we can also bring in McGahee for a pass play sometimes while opposing defenses are expecting us to run the ball as long as he's on the field) so that he can perform at his best without getting worn out due to his age.

You do not understand how short you're selling Tebow's incompetence. You know why they won against Pittsburgh? Pittsburgh didn't stack the box. You know why they lost a bunch of their last 5 games? Those teams began to stack the box. You know why they lost to New England and Detroit so badly? Do the math. Weeden sucks but his gunslinging mentality is way better than Tebow's "tuck and run because I can't do shit" and "chuck that shit like a Javelin because DT can take screens to the house all the time" mentality will not get him far. Especially considering Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon are not like DT who can take a short pass and go straight into the endzone. Tebow is fucking awful. He does not truck players and I'd sooner trust Willis McGahee than Tim Tebow (but that may just be the Ravens/Broncos fan in me not only talking shit on Tebow but talking highly of McGahee).

It's obviously not a good plan, but we have a hole at RB and no backup QB for Jason Campbell, so bringing inTebow, who is both decent at running the ball AND a QB not named "Brandon Weeden", could help us out. Or it could backfire horribly, in which case we'll be in a good position for the draft (assuming our management doesn't blow our picks on more useless players).

You'd rather be in a good position for the draft as opposed to, you know, showing signs of progress? Your defense is legit, your receivers need someone to throw to them and Campbell isn't half bad (but he still gives me the impression of incompetence). If you're honestly willing to tank that mess away and would go as far as instating Tebow for that purpose then you're being a dramatic fool.

Speaking of the draft, I'm not sure we should be going for guys like Bridgewater and that Oregon guy whose name escapes me at the moment. This could be the Ohio State homer in me talking, but I think Braxton Miller would be a great, underrated pick who will probably still be available in the second or third round, and using our two first round picks to get a second WR and someone who can do for the right side of our o-line what Joe Thomas does for the left will help us immensely. RBs aren't as valuable in the draft as they used to be, either, so we can probably get a quality starter at that position in the second or third round, too.

Doesn't matter. This draft is stacked at QB, enough to make up for 2013's poor selection. Though, expect it to be more like a 2004-ish draft where we had QBs like Roethlisberger, Rivers, Schaub, and Eli (one is elite, two are above average, one is a good game manager). All you need is someone like Schaub at worst, someone like Ben or Eli at best. And an RB of course.

Campbell is our quarterback for the rest of the season IF he stays healthy. If that doesn't happen, we'll need to bring someone in since Weeden is just the worst option imaginable. All of the free agent QBs are terrible, too, though.

A few key draft picks are what this team really needs. A monster at RT to go alongside Joe Thomas at LT will turn our offensive line into the best in the NFL, another WR or TE to go along with Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron will give whoever our QB next season a third quality target to keep us unpredictable, and obviously we need an RB and a QB. Our only weak point on defense is Buster Skrine, and even he's still a decent player most of the time.

And, at QB, we'll have Brian Hoyer next year, too. So I think we should draft Braxton Miller in the second or third round to compete with Hoyer for the job. I don't want to draft a QB in the first round only to cause a repeat of last year when Weeden won the starting QB position over Colt McCoy and Thad Lewis (both of whom are MUCH better than him) simply because we wasted a first round pick on him.

If we can address these needs, we could have a very realistic shot at the playoffs next year. Especially if the rest of the AFC North doesn't get its act together. But Kiko Alonso single-handedly ended this season for us when he destroyed Hoyer's ACL, to be completely honest.

The thing is that Weeden was drafted by an obviously less than competent front office and a terrible coaching staff. This next QB will actually have proper drafting and coaching that can scout out the necessary talent. Remember, your OC is probably the best OC you've ever had since the Browns' glory days.

I don't think the Browns will make the playoffs, granted, but if you're at any point not rooting for your team to win then you're kind of a shitty fan.

True fans don't stop cheering for their teams, you're right, Lord Raven. I don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs either, or that they'll beat the Patriots today, but I'm still rooting for them! Besides, the Steelers themselves still think they can do it, so I'm gonna support them.

They need to be ready to lay some smackdown to win today though. Despite the Patriots having a bunch of injuries, they've been doing better offensively than the Steelers. Our offense needs to think like the Pats to beat the Pats. Let Ben be in control, like Brady's been carrying his team. And use the best guys. Brown, Wheaton, Sanders, Cotchery, Miller, Dwyer, Bell. Especially Bell. Thanks to him, we've got a solid run game. If Moye is still in, I hope to gods he got good practice.

There is one thing that the Steelers do have over the Pats, though, and that's the defense being good at putting pressure on the QB. And that was Brady's downfall the last time these two teams clashed (he got his ass sacked three times, AND he was forced to fumble on that very last play!). I think it'll be a close game, but in the end, the Steeler offense won't play well enough.

One thing is for sure though. Woodley is needed for this. He was the one that pummeled Brady thrice, after all. And Polamalu. With the defense putting so much pressure on Brady, that will make him want to get rid of the ball quickly, and that usually means he'll throw it because the Steeler defense will go after RBs the same way they will Brady. And anyone knows Troy is amazing no matter where he is on the field. If anyone can pick off a Brady pass, Troy can! Oh, I can't forget about Ike Taylor. He's ace as a pass defender too. Let these guys shine!

Simply put, the main key is: SHUT BRADY DOWN.

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, this is the one week im hoping for a Steelers win.

I disagree with the wanting your team to win point. If your team sucks and has shit for QB and their are good QB prospects in the draft you should want to lose.

The Jags dont want to win out and go 8-8 and 2 years ago the Colts fans didnt want to see their team suddenly win their last 6 games. Sometimes you have to completely bottom out before you can spring back up.

The Chiefs havent played a single game against a team who currently has a winning record. The Bills have only played one team with a losing record. Jeff Tuel will be fine. Our D needs to step it up.

Good luck today everyone.

But the Steelers DON'T suck, it's their offensive coordinator that was making really bad play calls. And the team lacked Miller and Bell for a couple games and still lacks Pouncey (who likely won't be coming back this season). I would say that if Haley used his brain more alone, the Steelers would only have two losses instead of five. This team has good players. They just need to be used better.

The Steelers beating the Jets and Ravens showed that they still have a flame, it just needs to burn a little brighter.

Edited by Anacybele

True fans don't stop cheering for their teams, you're right, Lord Raven. I don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs either, or that they'll beat the Patriots today, but I'm still rooting for them! Besides, the Steelers themselves still think they can do it, so I'm gonna support them.

They need to be ready to lay some smackdown to win today though. Despite the Patriots having a bunch of injuries, they've been doing better offensively than the Steelers. Our offense needs to think like the Pats to beat the Pats. Let Ben be in control, like Brady's been carrying his team. And use the best guys. Brown, Wheaton, Sanders, Cotchery, Miller, Dwyer, Bell. Especially Bell. Thanks to him, we've got a solid run game. If Moye is still in, I hope to gods he got good practice.

There is one thing that the Steelers do have over the Pats, though, and that's the defense being good at putting pressure on the QB. And that was Brady's downfall the last time these two teams clashed (he got his ass sacked three times, AND he was forced to fumble on that very last play!). I think it'll be a close game, but in the end, the Steeler offense won't play well enough.

One thing is for sure though. Woodley is needed for this. He was the one that pummeled Brady thrice, after all. And Polamalu. With the defense putting so much pressure on Brady, that will make him want to get rid of the ball quickly, and that usually means he'll throw it because the Steeler defense will go after RBs the same way they will Brady. And anyone knows Troy is amazing no matter where he is on the field. If anyone can pick off a Brady pass, Troy can! Oh, I can't forget about Ike Taylor. He's ace as a pass defender too. Let these guys shine!

Simply put, the main key is: SHUT BRADY DOWN.

Ana how many pats games have you actually watched. Cause I can say without a doubt that the run game carries this team not Brady. You should be focusing on the backs more than on Brady. The receivers will shut Brady down or rip you apart depends on the condition. And if you want to beat the patriots you should run up the middle that lacks wilfork and mayo. They shouldn't be relying solely on Big Ben. But it is a lot easier to beat the pats than in the past.

@Hawk King Thank you and I hope do have good luck.

Ana how many pats games have you actually watched. Cause I can say without a doubt that the run game carries this team not Brady. You should be focusing on the backs more than on Brady. The receivers will shut Brady down or rip you apart depends on the condition. And if you want to beat the patriots you should run up the middle that lacks wilfork and mayo. They shouldn't be relying solely on Big Ben. But it is a lot easier to beat the pats than in the past.

1. I haven't watched many, but I've heard/read that the Pats have a lot of injuries and that Brady's been carrying the team. On the official NFL site, no less. But if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, my mistake.

2. I never said the team needed to solely rely on Ben. That would be stupid. I meant that he needs to be the one in control of what he does with the ball, not Haley. When Ben does what he wants, more gets done.

Edited by Anacybele