NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rather that offense is more attractive and spectacular and therefore more rewarding rather than simply "win games" since defense can win those just as well. Defensive teams tend to be less flashy but likely more effective.

That's pretty common in most sports. I mean look at the New Jersey Devils who pretty much made the neutral zone trap a mainstay in the NHL but made hockey boring to watch and killed the offense heavy game of the 80's. Even in combat sports you have fighters like that, such as Andre Ward who, despite being a Champion and the number 2 pound for pound, didn't fight in 14 months because he's boring and television networks don't want to show him. He won the Super 6 a few years back!

Don't forget Rafa Nadal in tennis who stays in baseline all game throwing high balls and waiting for his opponents to make mistakes.

I was rooting for the Broncos but after the situation got out of hand I so wanted the Broncos to end with zero points today. It would be quite deserving considering how pathetic they were today.

Edited by Malebolganone

Yep, that's the end of it. I'm not disappointed, the Broncos played way too poorly for me to be upset.

So Anacybele,when are you opening NFL season 2014-2015?

When July comes again, of course. :P

It wasn't entirely NFC, Raven. Steelers won Super Bowls 40 and 43, Ravens won last season... Patriots won a Super Bowl too, I think.

I'm referring to the 80s and 90s, where the only AFC winners were the Raiders and Broncos x2

So are we just going to keep using this thread to talk about the draft and stuff, then?

And everyone saying that this proves that this proves that defense is more important than the quarterback, remember the Browns. The QB is still important, and Russell Wilson outplayed Peyton Manning, not as much as the Seahawks Defense outplayed the Broncos Defense, but Russell Wilson still had a much better day.

Way to go, Seahawks!

Take that, Elway! Bernie Kosar sends his regards. (Maybe I shouldn't have been reading A Storm of Swords during the last quarter)

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Well, there doesn't seem to be much to talk about regarding NFL stuff besides the drafting. :P

I don't think either offense OR defense are more important than the other. They're both equally important. You can't score points without a good offense and you can't stop the opponent from scoring without a good defense.

I think a stifling defense is more important than an incredible offense, but most of the time you need a balanced team. Denver's defense has been a turd all year so even despite being the most complete AFC team they were unequipped for the Super Bowl

When July comes again, of course. :P

The draft is in April isn't it? You could open it then.

Anyway, it's true that Seattle defense stopped Manning cold, but Denver wouldn't have conceded so many points if their own defense wasn't crap. Seattle scored an 89 yard TD FFS. So yeah, Peyton is to blame, but the whole team sucked today.

I just noticed something,so I just rewatched the Super Bowl to see if anything interesting in it happend,other than the Seahawks blow out,but get this.Seahawks are linked to the number 12,hence 12th man.Seahawks get safety :12 seconds into the first half. Seahawks get TD :12 into the second half. I love the coincidence :D

Well, Denver didn't exactly play in a crap division. The AFC West sent three teams to the playoffs. They're easily the best division in the AFC right now. And, if the AFC West is a weak division, what does that say about the AFC North? Our best team (The Bengals) was beaten fairly handily by the 3rd best AFC West team (The Chargers).

Basically, what I'm saying is this doesn't mean the Broncos are a lousy team. The Seahawks are just better. The Broncos messed up a few important times (like the safety that started the game, and the picks Manning threw), but even without those mistakes it still probably would have been a Seahawks victory by more than ten points.

Does this mean the NFC is conclusively better than the AFC? For now, yeah, and the NFC West is by far the best division in football. But, remember that just a few years ago the NFC West was a joke and their best team only had a 7-9 record. The current status of the NFL could be completely different when new players come to teams due to free agency and the draft, and coaches come up with new strategies.

The only thing that stays constant is that the Browns will always disappoint.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

One day the browns will be good, maybe if they could settle on a head coach. Why did they hire Chud if they are just going to fire him after one year, the team played pretty well considering they had very little talent on the offensive side, oh well. Can't wait for the draft!

The draft is in April isn't it? You could open it then.

Ah, that sounds fine then. The next thread will open in April! But...when exactly IN April does the draft start? o.O