• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see.

A pick six works for me

Really didn't see that coming though.

Rice missed a block... :(

It's really hard to be #eliteasfuck when most of your players aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing. Denver@San Diego last year (the one that went from 24-0 at half to 35-24 final) showed that pretty well, with receivers not understanding audibles.

At any rate, touchdown to Torrey Smith followed by a 2nd and 20 or something... shiiiiiiiiiiit

Calvin Johnson is Megatron :snigger:

Gah, ninja'd.

Steelers finally scored in the redzone with repeated help from the zebras lol

Terrible clock management though. All we gotta do is march it down the field burning up time and score a TD. Usually we have 2 mins or less to do this shit but we got plenty of time to play now

wtf is going on in that game?

I have faith in the Lions considering what they did at the end of the Cowboys game

Edited by Lord Raven

TOUCHDOWN! WOOO! Looks like we got this game in the bag! YEAH BLACK AND GOLD!

Also, this is the most points the Steelers have gotten in a game all season, woopee. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers are basically finished winning at this point.

Um, if they were up by only a TD, I'd agree that the Lions have a chance, but being down by 10 points and at 2:25 to go isn't great odds for them.

They'e also on 3rd and nowhere near FG range.

EDIT: Yep, there's no way they can win now! YESSS! The Steelers defeat one of the better teams this season! YEAH!

And if I know my Steelers, they're pretty damn good with clock management at the end of a game.

Edited by Anacybele

Um, if they were up by only a TD, I'd agree that the Lions have a chance, but being down by 10 points and at 2:25 to go isn't great odds for them.

They'e also on 3rd and nowhere near FG range.

EDIT: Yep, there's no way they can win now! YESSS! The Steelers defeat one of the better teams this season! YEAH!

And if I know my Steelers, they're pretty damn good with clock management at the end of a game.

I meant the game was over.

OH, oh okay. lol

Yeah, at this point, the Steelers are the assured winners today! I'm so proud of them! They beat a good team, showing that they're not as bad as their record says. I still think Todd Haley needs to go though. Lebeau just might be getting over his age, however.

Yeah, talk about nuts. o.o

Also, I hope that today's win over the Lions eased Ben's stress and frustration at least a little bit. Because we don't want anymore media scares about him being expected to ask for a trade or some crap. Ben loves where he plays, he'd be sad if he really had to do this.

Good thing is, he certainly looked happy as hell after Cotchery's TD catch. :)

Edited by Anacybele

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

(at least we're one game removed from the wild card - i'm pretty sure we're the wild card #3 or #4 team depending on who wins/loses today)

This was definitely the ugliest Ravens game I've seen in a looooooooooong time. bad snaps, slips, and our entire defense literally slipping trying to tackle matt forte on his TD run. and let's not forget how many incompletions mccown had thrown because of a receiver that slipped, jeez

Edited by Lord Raven

They would not be wild card team #3 regardless- ties within the division are resolved first and Pittsburgh currently has the best W-L-T of games between the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers (at 1-0 compared to Ravens 1-2 and Browns 1-1). The Steelers would then go into tiebreakers with the 4-6 teams from the other divisions.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, with the Ravens losing today and the Steelers winning, the latter has a better chance at the wild card spot currently. But I don't think they'll get any further than that with the Bengals still leading the division. ._.

Edited by Anacybele

New Orleans Saints @ Atlanta Falcons

New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens - hoping to break Geno's trend here, and I'm pretty sure it's going to happen because Suggs is hungry for some quarterback ass

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns - I've decided that the whole division will go 3-3 and the winner of every game is the home team.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers - lol

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans

San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs

Carolina Panthers @ Miami Dolphins - kind of a hopeful pick, but with Riverboat Ron out there calling the shots I can see it going in Carolina's favor. Furthermore, we need Miami and New York to lose, then we're the 7-seed until the Pittsburgh match (and if we win that then we're 6-6 and solidly the six seed).

Chicago Bears @ St. Louis Rams

Indianapolis Colts @ Arizona Cardinals - Don't ever underestimate the Cardinals. They could be second place in the division if they win this and the 49ers somehow lose.

Tennessee Titans @ Oakland Raiders - http://www.chatsports.com/oakland-raiders/a/This-Video-Will-Instantly-Make-You-a-Matt-McGloin-Believer-10-100-561]Matt McGloins Got Moxie

Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants - Realtalk I'll quit life if the Giants make it to the Super Bowl

Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots - Will be the game of the night!

San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

Edited by Lord Raven

...You really think the Browns are going to defeat the Steelers after how badly the Steelers shut down the Lions' best players last week (not counting the 2nd quarter)? And after the Browns had their asses handed to them by the Lions? Yeah, not going to happen. I'm definitely predicting a third straight win for the black and gold guys this time, at last. I just do not see the Browns beating this fired up Steeler team. In fact, I'm foreseeing a blowout. Cleveland is quite close to PIttsburgh too, so home field advantage should hardly matter in this case. Playing in Cleveland probably feels exactly like playing in Heinz Field, if I'm to guess.

I like both the Panthers and the Dolphins, but these Panthers are for real, man. I don't think the Dolphins stand a chance. I'm still hoping for a Steelers vs Panthers Super Bowl too. :3

Broncos vs Pats? That's gonna be sweet! It'll likely be close and competitive, but I always cheer for the Pey-Pey Derby over the Brady Bunch.

...You really think the Browns are going to defeat the Steelers after how badly the Steelers shut down the Lions' best players last week (not counting the 2nd quarter)? And after the Browns had their asses handed to them by the Lions? Yeah, not going to happen. I'm definitely predicting a third straight win for the black and gold guys this time, at last. I just do not see the Browns beating this fired up Steeler team. In fact, I'm foreseeing a blowout. Cleveland is quite close to PIttsburgh too, so home field advantage should hardly matter in this case. Playing in Cleveland probably feels exactly like playing in Heinz Field, if I'm to guess.

Cleveland defense is actually incredible. I don't know if you've been paying attention to them but they are just lacking a run game. They are also quite good at home. Jason Campbell doesn't turn the ball over unless he's playing on the road.

Yes, the Lions beat the Browns and the Steelers beat the Lions. The Browns also split the Bengals (blowing them out once and getting blown out themselves) and the Ravens (second time was very good defense and very time consuming offense) so...

I think you'll find the transitive property doesn't hold here. Lions secondary isn't nearly Browns level, and the teams the Steelers beat otherwise - the Bills, Ravens, and the Jets - two of those teams had defense issues that the Browns lack. Jets have a poor secondary, Bills had a QB coming off injury, and Browns D doesn't take 10 minutes to get off the fucking field like the Ravens. As for the Lions, they dug themselves into a hole that they tried too hard to dig themselves out of, but the Browns ball control offense won't make that as much of a problem because the Browns definitely have a Top 5 defense.

You forget that Steelers vs Bengals was quite close, and the latter has an ace defense these days too. Also, defense alone doesn't win games. The Steelers showed great offensive AND defensive capability in the Lions game. Antonio Brown, Le'veon Bell, Jerricho Cotchery, and to a smaller extent, Heath Miller all had field days, literally. Especially Brown, damn this guy is good. Ben was named AFC digest player of the week (go Big Ben! :D). The defense forced three turnovers, stopped the Lions on 3rd and 1 at the goal line, and shut down Stafford and Calvin Johnson, who you all kept going on about how he "couldn't be stopped." In fact, the Steelers' D didn't let them score at all besides the 2nd quarter (which was kind of weird, but every team has their hiccup moments, I guess).

I really don't think any team in the AFC North should take any game for granted based on how all of those teams' years have been going.

Yeah this.

Idk about the Cardinals beating the Colts. The Colts have been playing poorly but when it comes down to it they have a much more effective offense led by a much more effective qb.

You forget that Steelers vs Bengals was quite close, and the latter has an ace defense these days too. Also, defense alone doesn't win games. The Steelers showed great offensive AND defensive capability in the Lions game. Antonio Brown, Le'veon Bell, Jerricho Cotchery, and to a smaller extent, Heath Miller all had field days, literally. Especially Brown, damn this guy is good. Ben was named AFC digest player of the week (go Big Ben! :D). The defense forced three turnovers, stopped the Lions on 3rd and 1 at the goal line, and shut down Stafford and Calvin Johnson, who you all kept going on about how he "couldn't be stopped." In fact, the Steelers' D didn't let them score at all besides the 2nd quarter (which was kind of weird, but every team has their hiccup moments, I guess).

Yeah but that was also @PIT. This is @CLE. I swear you guys have only won one or two away games at best.

Cleveland plays most opponents pretty close, while KC doesn't blow teams out they played them incredibly close too. I don't think you've seen a Browns or a Lions game because these predictions aren't unfounded.

As for Cardinals and Colts, this is in Arizona and Palmer/Floyd have developed into something potent. I chose it based on home/away and the Cardinals defense being a huge factor. This is another Top 5 defense in the league.