BBM: Okay, first off, he talked about voyeur being a shitty mafia role, which got me thinking about what the mafia could be capable of/has at its disposal. Forgive my digression--I just wanna put some thoughts out there. Prims got picked off N1, and copped N0, and now that I think about that, that almost confirms a mafia role inspector. Mafia has only pulled off one kidnap, which is very peculiar indeed. It appears to only be one or two shots, which is very odd. Obviously, they had a janitor kill--however, I think there was only one. As a mafioso, I personally would janitor Prims after knowing his role. Why? Simple--to confuse the town as to the nature of kills. I wouldn't bank on a better opportunity showing up. That said, I'm betting that kirsche was copped N1, and the mafia realized that janitoring him/her would also implicate the mason--although I'm not certain if the mafia know who that mason is. So, at this point, with a mafia team of four, we have a cop, a kidnapper (perhaps with other powers... maybe s/he's the ninja?), and then some two other roles--from my experience in Smogon mafia, in a game where all players have power roles, the mafia will, too.

Moving on to the actual read: First off, the kidnap. From his heavy involvement and from what I generally know of him, he strikes me as the kind to attempt a sophisticated play like that. Nobody else being kidnapped is more than a little strange, but maybe the kidnap's been getting screwed up (commuted by scorri with more shots than she claims, delayed, et cetera) by a string of bad luck for the mafia. I don't like BBM's logic in a couple places, either--in particular, "Doc/Watcher OP" argument on Shin. He says that they're OP because mafia needs a ninja--which they are demonstrated to have had. He seems to smart to slip up like that. I'd reckon he's scummy. I'd call him and Shin the start of the scumteam, but BBM's willingness to attack Shin could just as easily be a tell that at most one of the two is scum as another sophisticated play. But, all in all, I'm a bit suspicious of BBM--and I'm not sure how to read his claiming delayer right after I confirmed it's in the game. Evidence says a null read, but I just can't trust him.

bearclaw: I think he's town, and here's why. Making the cop/mason mixup with regards to kirsche is absolutely something that scumteam wouldn't allow. If he was going to fakeclaim, he would bounce it off of them, and it would be shot down in quite literally a heartbeat. I've played scumteams before, and while they generally allow some autonomy with reads and in-thread play, fakeclaims and night roles are painstakingly pored over. I refuse to believe a scumteam this dominant would allow this apparent slip-up.

BBM claimed delayer two and a half hours after you revealed that that role existed after he said he wouldn't be around until later so I don't think you can really point it out as scummy (you don't explicitly say it is but those italics suggest accusation to me). People have already talked about the ninja/jan mixup and I do find it a little odd, possibly a slip. I dunno if scum would go on this kind of extended scumspec, though I have trouble following you and I'm not really sure about some of your assumptions. At any rate, I don't think the spec all that productive, and it bleeds into your BBM read, which I don't really understand? You say that it's a gutread or something, but the degree to which it seems to be swaying your read and the risk of a mislynch at this point makes it look like bad tunneling no matter yours or BBM's alignment. This comes across as kinda graspy to me.

I still dunno about bearclaw's claim. I see the argument of "it's such a bad lie it has to be the truth" but I've been in the position of a newer player on a fairly uncommunicative scumteam, and I actually read FAYZ mafia a few days ago, so I do think it's possible that he made a bad fakeclaim. Without knowing bearclaw's play or having a lot of experience with fakeclaims myself, I'm treating this as null because either situation seems reasonably possible.

My list is Shin > JB > BBM ~ bearclaw, where "~" represents "equalish", but I'm going to take another look at Terra with what time I think I can find this phase. Regarding my activity lately, I do apologize; I'm having trouble focusing right now for a variety of reasons, some of which I can identify. I don't think I'll be online for the last 3-ish hours of this phase (@Mods: can we get a time-to-deadline?). I would like to place a vote before then (probably on Shin) so that so that scum can't just get a majority of 4.

Remember that there's a vote on JB so no one vote him right now, and JB shouldn't vote anyone right now at all.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao FAYZ

we don't talk about FAYZ

actually we do, but only to facepalm

I'm not really sure if Terra scumslipped with the ninja/jan thing or if he really just didn't know. And a ninja hasn't been confirmed or anything, so it's possible that none exists (though one probably does since it's used as a buffer against all three claimed investigative roles).

Okay, this is ridiculous.

You guys are in LYLO. You have no more 24-hour extension. No living players have posted in 6 hours. If you guys want to just call the game and let Paperblade post SFMM3 sign ups, then just say so because this is stupid.

Bleh, Boron/Sangyul is right. Discussion has stopped and if it's all the same to you guys I'd rather not stay up until 5am my time to know out if we've figured this thing out or not (and sign up for SFMM3 I guess). What would you guys say to an early hammer? My priority list is down, and my reread of Terra put him in the bearclaw/BBM range. I'd still rather vote for Shin or JB.

I don't really agree with the reasoning that people are providing as to why Bear's claim is legit, but I'm on-board with a Shin lynch as well if people would prefer that.

##Vote: Shin

I don't really agree with the reasoning that people are providing as to why Bear's claim is legit.

I don't like it either... Giving me cred for making a claim that would be stupid as a scum fake is lame...

But I do like people thinking I'm not scum...

Anyways: ##Vote: Shin

We're currently at L-2 and have enough votes to deadline lynch. Unless people seriously object, I'm not going to vote because otherwise we lose the chance at having JB prove his role.

We're currently at L-2 and have enough votes to deadline lynch. Unless people seriously object, I'm not going to vote because otherwise we lose the chance at having JB prove his role.

Is JB going to be online in time though?

I forgot about that, good point. If JB doesn't show I'd rather that someone else vote for Shin right before phase end so that scum can't shift the wagon or force a no-lynch though.

Votals

(4) Shin: BBM, bearclaw, Terrador, Strege

(5) Not Voting: Shin, scorri, Baldrick, Breezy, JB

You have 29 minutes left in the phase. With 9 voting it takes 3 to lynch and 6 to hammer.

Could I make a request that the mods poke players who haven't posted if they might be awake? 'cause I think there's enough people still up to do something if someone really thinks "NO LET'S LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE".