• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right that you didn't say that it's okay if he doesn't respond because it's busy, but the placement of the statement that he was busy (at the end of the paragraph, after all the attacks) still feels like an attempt to back away from your own argument, especially as in 316, you say that you're choosing not to pursue him solely because of that, despite all the reasons you present.

Shinori, I'd really like some opinions from you sometime today. You're just clinging to your D1 Marth vote, which was for him having very little content, but since then he's posted stuff and you've ignored it just to say "lol wat a scum".

Something I forgot to mention earlier- Scorri, at the end of D1, you said that you didn't want to lynch Marth solely off having a somewhat common scum fakeclaim, but from what I remember only Kirsche was voting him solely due to that. Anyone else was voting him for having not very much content.

Honestly, I think that D1, calling out someone for having little content is kinda dumb. It's D1. There's not a lot to work with and people don't always post a lot. It doesn't really indicate one way or another if they're scum or not. What matters is the following days. Marth has come back, has been posting a lot of content, and isn't (from my point of view at least) try to coast under the radar. And you need to take into account the people, because some people just don't post a lot. If, say, BBM or Manix were to suddenly start barely posting one game, I might suspect them of trying to fly under the radar, but if Rein or Rapier did it, eh, standard fair.

Either way, my point is, at that point in time, the only case on Marth I felt was worth addressing was the one that was voting him because of his claim. Low activity D1 isn't especially scummy by itself.

Okay, I thought pretty much the same thing wrt amount of content, but I just didn't feel like you were properly addressing the wagon.

@JB- I understand why experienced players would see the futility of pursuing a case on me at that point, but why wouldn't newbscum do it? Why only newbtown? If the answer is that the newbscum's buddies would warn them against it, I don't really think that it's a very good reason, because all four of his posts about me D1 were within the span of twenty minutes, and they might not have been there to tell him to stop talking about it.

Except your reasons for finding Marth really don't apply anymore, so if you're going to persist in saying he's obvscum, I'd like you to look at his D2 posts.

Votals

(3) Marth: Shinori, Terrador, Shin

(3) kirsche: BBM, Elieson, scorri

(2) Elieson: kirsche, JB,

(2) Shinori: Bear, Strege

(1) Bear: Marth

Not Voting: Rapier, Breezy

You have 23 hours and 5 minutes left in the phase. With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 8 to hammer. I think some prods need to go out, so I'll get to that now.

Edited by Essbee

Ok, much better.

Now! Less than a day left, we have a report from Breezy, but basically nothing else. I'd like it if Breezy could exist more, but ehhhh.

Things I'm not liking:

Shinori: Giving one liners on 2 people barely counts as opinions and your death tunnel of Marth with no reasons behind it isn't convincing anyone. Give updated reasons why Marth is scum or drop it and move on.

Kirsche: Your seemingly completely and total faith in Breezy is odd, combined with previous arguments against you doesn't give me much reasons to switch off of you, also your point about Marth is odd. You say that it's not worth pushing him even though you find him very scummy. Who is more scummy to you, Elie or Marth? If it's Marth, why not vote him even if the vote might not get much of a response out of him? It doesn't change that you'd still be (from your point of view) lynching someone who's likely to be scum.

It'd be nice if people existed more, but I guess that's what prods help with. Anyways, heading home now, but will hopefully reread the thread at some point tonight. (Also need to deal with apartment leasing stuff, so I can't make any promises about that sadly. :/)

Ok I'm home and wil get a post up in about an hour (after Lexi goes down to bed). Sorry for the time delay.

prep work for Toonami mafia sucked me dry last night

I had a post planned out for everything and such, but I think I can shorten it down a tad.

First off, even if happened D1, I feel I should address Eli's dayvig on me.

Now, I'm obviously new to mafia, and he(refering to Eli) had to figure out how I would react to something like that. Now, it would have gotten a reaction IF I was awake at the time and I was awake before it got settled out. Now, odds are he had a couple theories based on how I WOULD have reacted to it, but since I didn't, he threw the reactions from the other people away from what I understand. Now, if I were any other person, and was active during this time, OBVIOUSLY I would guess something was not right in the neighborhood, but I was neither of those so I couldn't come up with an accurate thesis about what the heck happened.

Personally, I don't see a problem with trying to get a reaction out of a new person to mafia, but that MIGHT have been a not good way to do it, but eh. Also this is totally one day phase late, but typing on computer is a lot more efficient than typing on phone.

Now how about we get onto D2 topics?

Ok, much better.

Now! Less than a day left, we have a report from Breezy, but basically nothing else. I'd like it if Breezy could exist more, but ehhhh.

Things I'm not liking:

Shinori: Giving one liners on 2 people barely counts as opinions and your death tunnel of Marth with no reasons behind it isn't convincing anyone. Give updated reasons why Marth is scum or drop it and move on.

Kirsche: Your seemingly completely and total faith in Breezy is odd, combined with previous arguments against you doesn't give me much reasons to switch off of you, also your point about Marth is odd. You say that it's not worth pushing him even though you find him very scummy. Who is more scummy to you, Elie or Marth? If it's Marth, why not vote him even if the vote might not get much of a response out of him? It doesn't change that you'd still be (from your point of view) lynching someone who's likely to be scum.

It'd be nice if people existed more, but I guess that's what prods help with. Anyways, heading home now, but will hopefully reread the thread at some point tonight. (Also need to deal with apartment leasing stuff, so I can't make any promises about that sadly. :/)

If you don't mind when you get to reading this, how exactly should I "exist" more? And what exactly "more" could I give out?

hahaah half of this post is like a day phase late but better to get the opinions out.

@BBM I'm not going to pressure someone who isn't active. Sure, if I have no other scummy reads I'll vote him, but right now I'm more interested in pressuring people I will get a response from.

If it's Marth, why not vote him even if the vote might not get much of a response out of him? It doesn't change that you'd still be (from your point of view) lynching someone who's likely to be scum.

Elie is scummier for the record but it's not getting me any info if I vote him and he doesn't respond, I'd much rather pressure other scummy players to get better reads and then let the cop scan the inactive scummy player.

Your seemingly completely and total faith in Breezy is odd

Is it scummy though?

Shinori explain why people are bad and not just say people are bad please otherwise you won't convince anyone. Also do you have naything to add on recent discussion.

Also Breezy who do you think is scum right now?

I'm not liking Shinori's last post...

And I couldn't have said why any better than this.

@BBM I'm not going to pressure someone who isn't active. Sure, if I have no other scummy reads I'll vote him, but right now I'm more interested in pressuring people I will get a response from.

We have time for him to respond. I really don't see why you couldn't pressure him and get a response when he's back, he's gotta be on eventually.

I guess pressuring more active posters will give you results sooner but if you want a reaction from Marth then you should pressure him not go for others.

At this point in the Day, it's really less about pressure and more about trying to pin down a lynch target, no? We're what, 2/3 of the way through the Day?

Also... has anyone else noticed that, in this last day, Rapier has not posted? This strikes me as very suspicious. Did he say he was going to be gone, or is his absence entirely unexplained? If he didn't note this beforehand... that seems very scummy to me. Not speaking for an entire Day is not a good thing, at all.

At this point in the Day, it's really less about pressure and more about trying to pin down a lynch target, no? We're what, 2/3 of the way through the Day?

Also... has anyone else noticed that, in this last day, Rapier has not posted? This strikes me as very suspicious. Did he say he was going to be gone, or is his absence entirely unexplained? If he didn't note this beforehand... that seems very scummy to me. Not speaking for an entire Day is not a good thing, at all.

I feel the same way.

Yes, I have noticed as well. Part of me wondered if he was kidnapped and I missed it... then I checked and realized I didn't... At this point I'd say it's probably something came up with his life.

Unless he's been online in which case... ugh. Not thinking that's enough for a lynch though.

Duly noted on those points, guys. Although, a note:

Yes, I have noticed as well. Part of me wondered if he was kidnapped and I missed it... then I checked and realized I didn't...

What reason would that kidnapper have to not kidnap anybody today? Any ideas?

Limited number of kidnaps? Only kidnapping on even nights? Not having a good target?

Any of these could make sense to me.... except maybe the last one.

Duly noted on those points, guys. Although, a note:

Maybe it takes a night to recharge or something?

Yeah, Rapier finds it difficult to keep up with posts in larger games and keep track of things. Due to this, he often becomes demotivated once posts start piling up, and flakes and becomes inactive. His fairly consistent posting D1 was itself a small miracle. I wouldn't say it's a scumtell with him (even if he HAD been online).

@Kirsche- Insisting that someone is town without giving solid reasons can have scum intent behind it, yes. Without giving solid reasons, you're unlikely to persuade anyone who thinks they're scummy to stop voting them, so you're not actually doing anything to stop the lynch, but can still say "I told you so" after the flip and get towncred from seemingly defending a wrong wagon.

Anyone that says "I told you so" is scummy fullstop and you should never give towncred just because people were right on a town call unless their call had factual evidence behind it. based on their own role.

Because people seem to fail at reading between the lines, the reason I am so confident that Breezy is tracker is related to my role.