Da Bear's role makes sense but the way kirsche was acting was muoy weird. I doubt kirsche was scum unless we've got some sort of killing role in town, but da bear's claim irks me slightly. There's also the weirdness of a mason that can do other stuff.

tbh I don't think he could actually do other stuff. As BBM said it would make no sense for him not to reveal extra abilities if he had them and what he said there implies that he didn't

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shin: claimed
scorri: unclaimed
BBM: unclaimed
bear: claimed

Baldrick: claimed
Terra: unclaimed
Breezy: claimed
Strege: claimed? (numbers, may have something else?)
JB: unclaimed

Who's next to claim? I'd say I'd want JB, but he's around so little, we'll be lucky if we get him to claim at all today -.-

Why is doc/watcher really OP when we don't have an alignment cop?

Posted by Shinori on Yesterday, 05:48 AM in Mafia

Lol. YEH SO I AIN'T ACTUALLY A COP.

However I do know that town doesn't have an alignment cop.

Also I don't really get why the doc is the part that makes it OP?

Also, uh, guess I'll claim now. 1-shot commute here, haven't used it yet.

I was waiting to get popcorned, but it's been long enough that I'll claim. I'm Refa, town voyeur. Prims got copped N0, nothing happened to Shin N1, and Shinori got delayed N2. So apparently there's a delaying role in the game?

My apologies for inactivity--my fair lady got back from her move only yesterday, and that's thrown my schedule all out of whack, and I'm tired/have a headache half the day because of it.

BBM said he was doing something tonight so I guess I should go ahead and claim. I'm Baldrick, town Numbers.

As for what's been said above, bearclaw's claim jumps out at me as very coincidental and kirsche not having an information role sticks out to me. I don't see anywhere that he tried to pull a reaction from Breezy and he basically dissolved the wagon on him with that "gambit", so I kind of doubt that kirsche would pull that kind of stunt in that way.

Bear: -Eventually- comes up with an explanation of what kirsche was doing re: breezy. Did either you or kirsche crumb your role (subtle hint as to your relationship) ?

Shin: What was the reasoning behind your watch choices? Especially N1, it seems unlikely given what you said during D1.

Both of these claims have a case of either bad luck or convenience (bear’s partner getting janned, shin’s results telling us nothing we didn’t already know). If it came down to purely role, I’d rather lynch the mason. The watcher can be helpful, and though it’s inherently dangerous to follow an investigation result at LYLO, since a scum faking don’t fear any reprisal, but it’s not like lynching on tells alone is any less risky, so eh.

PEDIT

JB: What.

scorri: OK. That might be useful.

Terrador: Prims got copped n0? Can only assume it's a rolecop, or did Shinori actually have alignment investigation?

Shinori being delayed doesn't sound like anything that's claimed so far, so it must be BBM? Can't think of anything scum would want to do to Shinori at that stage.

##unvote while I think

You know that your rival Horace is in this game. You have one shot and one chance. At any point you are alive, you may reply to your role PM with Curse you, <USER>! If <USER> is Horace, you will instantly win and be removed from the game. If <USER> is not Horace, you will automatically lose and be removed from the game. You also know that ZM is not in this game.

You will also win if you are the hammer vote on Horace.

Doesn't look like Shinori has any cop ability, so it's probably safe to assume it wasn't a townie doing the copping. Also, that could explain why Prims was shot over some of the claims if mafia knew his role.

Alright, so we're waiting on BBM for the final roleclaim? I'mma go reread now to see who I'm most willing to lynch, but just right now I'd be inclined to say probably Bear because mason claim is sus especially when his partner is jan'd

Waitaminute, the mods had Paperblade as a flavour name and a mayor, yet they're in two different slots? I smell a rat.

JB, I'm taking over your drafts!

I'm also a dayvig as well as a vengeful. But not really, I just wanted to beat a dead horse.

Would there being a tracker/watcher/voyeur be overkill? I suppose without a cop there needs to be enough investigate roles.

Waitaminute, the mods had Paperblade as a flavour name and a mayor, yet they're in two different slots? I smell a rat.

JB, I'm taking over your drafts!

Marth was Paperblade but he wasn't a mayor, that was just a meme...

Bleh, once whatever this is resolves I'd like if you fullclaimed plz.

I'm myself, the Town Horse Thief (aka Delayer). I steal my target's horses, causing their action to be delayed by a night. The kidnap hooked me on N0. On N1 I targeted Kirsche, and on N2 I targeted Shinori.

Doc/Watcher is OP because they can protect each other. Doc sits on Watcher and Watcher sits on Doc, meaning the mafia need either a Ninja or Hitman to safely kill them.

Also, Watcher isn't as easy as Cop in that doesn't give you straightforward clears and guilties, but it's no less strong, and is less easy to balance than a Cop, whose power can be weakened easily through a Godfather or a Tailor.

And yes, I did ask for myself. So egotistical

The point of the blurb on Watchers was to say that I'm suspicious of Shin based on that. Watcher/Tracker/Voyeur is a lot, and the latter two are proven. Voyeur is also kind of a shitty role for mafia.