19 year old facing 8 years for sarcastic comment on League of Legends.

discussion's back to the circular rhetoric, with misinformation everywhere. i don't know if you guy's are braindead or just arguing to argue

i'd rather not repeat myself again though, so ye, go ahead and propagate "free speech"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"admitting defeat"

>taking getting shit on in a debate personally

LOL why do you even step in the ring when you can't type without talking about your feelings

there's nothing sensible about defending a misguided interpretation of free speech and supporting killing schoolchildren, which is why i don't bother replying. nice try though.

You seriously believe that people who are astonished at the stupidity of this case support killing schoolchildren. After having debated with others for four pages.

That is remarkable.

"admitting defeat"

>taking getting shit on in a debate personally

LOL why do you even step in the ring when you can't type without talking about your feelings

there's nothing sensible about defending a misguided interpretation of free speech and supporting killing schoolchildren, which is why i don't bother replying. nice try though.

No one's supporting killing schoolchildren here.

Are you supporting assault? Why or why not?

Weren't you the guy that talked about raping girls and burying them in chat once? Actually, yes, you were and I know at least one other person that can verify it.

At any rate, that wasn't even his point. His point was that an off-hand comment made in (poor, which nobody disagrees to) humor should not get 8 years in prison. That's not an extreme question, that is the question of the thread.

So should you be going to jail?

dat selective reading i keep talking about. it's cool bro, pick a stance and blindly follow it. i'll keep trying to talk stupid people into thinking about the other side.

DAT SELECTIVE READING.

Actually respond to people's points, all of them, or just, y'know, fuck you.

as long as the astonished people don't deny their viewpoint and interpretation of free speech is wrong amirite. and if you're not arguing to support what carter said, then what are you arguing for? i said myself that 8 years is extreme but the fact that you think he shouldn't have to be responsible for his words is naive and childish. i.e. you're supporting that all violent written threats should be treated as "loljk" jokes

oh, and fuck you too weird man picture whatever your name is

How is my interpretation of free speech and the texas codes wrong? You never did explain why you think so. Perhaps you could think a little more deeper than the shallow "he said bad things" mindset you seem to be in?

Do you think he intended to go through with his supposed "threats"? Because if not, what he said wasn't illegal under the 1st amendment and texas penal codes. If so, you're an idiot, because he clearly didn't intend to.

I bet you don't even lift

Edited by Constable Reggie

as long as the astonished people don't deny their viewpoint and interpretation of free speech is wrong amirite. and if you're not arguing to support what carter said, then what are you arguing for?

You have literally never shown at any point any legal precedence supporting your inane viewpoint while others have gone to great lengths to show you cases in which situations like these were thrown out on their face.

i said myself that 8 years is extreme but the fact that you think he shouldn't have to be responsible for his words is naive and childish. i.e. you're supporting that all violent written threats should be treated as "loljk" jokes

You don't have a case either morally, legally, or economically. It's a foolish waste of time, money, manpower, and will produce nothing but a jaded man.

For the record your hypocritical approach to this is beyond pathetic. You have stated in this very topic that you carry weaponry with you that is illegal, yet similarly condemn others on the off-chance that they could be a threat. I guess it's okay if you're the one that could possibly be a danger but not others right? A consistent application of logic.

oh, and fuck you too weird man picture whatever your name is

That's the Greek letter sigma, Dude That Tries To Act Like Others Are Dumber Than Him But Doesn't Know A Symbol High Schoolers See In Basic Math Courses.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

So while I was off reading one of the more enjoyable mafia games on this site (Nostalgia Mafia in the Mafia subforum), all hell broke loose. That's enough out of all of you. I'm locking this thread, and I will leave it up to the discretion of the other mods to hand out warns; while I could do so on quite a few technicalities, I don't know if I would be following the spirit of the rules.