So, Atlus is up for sale...

...which may mean this game is getting dropped if they're picked up by someone like Sony.

http://www.shopto.net/news/43486/Atlus-to-be-sold-off-by-Index-Corporation/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hopefully, Nintendo will decide to buy them. They are apparently a creditor or something like that, so it could happen. I just hope neither Sony nor EA buys them out. We'll see, I suppose.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Nintendo buys them, otherwise I can say Trauma Center is done and kaput for good, and that would make me quite upset.

This should be interesting...

If Nintendo does buy Atlus, I can't even begin to imagine stuff like Persona being Nintendo exclusives.

Personally, I don't see any of the major console producers buying them out. Nintendo's hurting, Sony's dealing with a console launch, and MS is, well, MS dealing with a niche Japanese developer. Nintendo seems most likely of the three, though.

I don't really know who would purchase them or if it'll affect them significantly. I just pray it isn't EA.

I would like to see Persona on a Nintendo console though, I've never played one before and I don't have a PSP/Vita.

Edited by Swift sword

I just pray it isn't EA.

Just anything but that.

And I'm not that big of an Atlus fan. It's just I would cry at the very thought of anything being bought by EA, especially a beloved niche Japanese company.

I don't want any platform holder buy Atlus. I want their game out in any platform avaible rather than just limited to Sony or Nintendo. Any third party that isn't named Konami, Square Enix, Capcom, and EA (in before Bioware Tokyo) is fine, though I prefer Namco Bandai to take them under their wing. And no Sega, I don't want their already niche titles being Japan only because of Sega's weird logic.

I don't care who buys it as long as SMT x FE doesn't get canceled. We don't even have a real trailer for it yet or anything, so for all we know, the game could end up being a hit. It could get more SMT fans into FE and vice versa too.

Edited by Anacybele

*Imagines Microsoft buying Atlus*

*Imagines the sheer incompatibility of their business direction with the typical Japanese business model*

...Ahahahahahahahaha.

Ahahaha... Waaahahahahahahahaha. 8RMSlun.gif

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't care who buys it as long as SMT x FE doesn't get canceled. We don't even have a real trailer for it yet or anything, so for all we know, the game could end up being a hit. It could get more SMT fans into FE and vice versa too.

^This

I don't like SMT or Persona games that much so I'm just worried about SMT x FE. As long as this survives I'm fine. If it goes to Sony or EA or something it prob won't and meh... >_<' I like Sony personally but like I said I'm just worried about the FE aspect. I don't care what system the rest of the games are on though plz no Xbox

I'm cool if Nintendo wants to buy Atlus.

And they should I think. A fair majority of their DS and 3DS RPG lineup is Atlus-developed, or Atlus-published. Much like Sony should have already bought Nippon Ichi Software and Level-5 because of their contributions to the Sony consoles.

Other than Nintendo, I'm sure that a fair number of big Japanese entertainment companies will be interested in owning Atlus. I'm not just talking about gaming companies; Shueisha, known for the Jump comics line, or ASCII Media Works, known for both digital and paperback novels, may be interested in a video game wing for their company. Whichever they is, I hope they continue making games.

Argh... there goes my hopes for Persona 5 being multiplatform for the current generation. Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this before but whatever. Best case would be Nintendo probably.

Argh... there goes my hopes for Persona 5 being multiplatform for the current generation. Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this before but whatever. Best case would be Nintendo probably.

Third parties still exist. Multiplatform still possible.

This is the post where I type like a robot *beep-beep-boop*

Even if Atlus end up with Sony, the SMTxFE contract would be carried along with them and Sony still have to obligation to finished the project. Unless they cancelled it and miss crazy amount of easy money. Third party that is not named Konami, Capcom, Square Enix, and Sega is would be better choice.

Well, NIS America and Atlus America have some nice history between them, but I don't know about their Japanese company parent if they have same kind of relationship.