QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've donated to Kids Help Phone before.

I also donate regularly to the "feed starving university student fund" aka buying myself donuts and sandwiches from tims oops

Sometimes I scan out otherwise undamaged goods as "damaged" to give to poor people, or 50% them off.

Otherwise, I once donated to a gorilla conservation group, because gorillas are awesome.

New question!

What is the best gift you have ever received? What you deem as a "best gift" depends on your perspective. Is it the most expensive gift? The most sentimental? It might not even be something tangible.

Personally mine is of the latter - knowledge is the best gift I have received, along with the wisdom to understand it. And no, I'm not talking about education (like college).

my sister bought me the entire english-translated good witch of the west a few years back for my birthday

it lives by my bed

(i dunno that this is the best gift but it was really nice and it's the first thing i thought of this morning)

The polar bear plushie. Mostly for a sentimental reason because it's been a long while since someone actually bought me something over the internet... and someone from over the internet lol.

can I count meeting Ein as a gift too? *shot*

Wish I could even remember that many gifts over all this time =3

But I think the happiest I ever felt when receiving a gift was when I got a concert ticket~ I spent so much time thinking I would never get it because often expensive/special things are never things we can get in this family x3 But anyway, going to that concert meant a lot to me since there were bands there that I really enjoyed/respected~ And a few people too~

Dream world? Or Real World?

A Playstation 2 on Christmas. Because I didn't expect my dad could afford one with his income during that time when we first got to America in our little apartment.

I wasn't asking for it, becuase that's what I figured.

Have you donated?

I've donated a dollar each year to the Terry Fox Foundation, this year I donated twenty. I wish I had the money to casually donate to all sorts of organizations and causes.

Best gift ever?

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Death-Star-10188?fromListing=listing

Most expensive gift I've received, it was for the good marks I received in grade 10 and I bonded more with my friends Justin and Jason over the construction of it.

Fancy bilingual textbook edition of Three Kingdoms, not because it is my favourite Chinese classic, but because my friend bought it completely out of the blue for me (see, NOT on Christmas or my birthday). I really appreciated it, because we're both very poor students, and for him to randomly buy such an expensive thing just for the sake of friendship really touched my heart.

I now have the cheap paperback edition, the limited hard cover edition, textbook edition, and some Chinese paperback edition I found in a book store one day.