QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I hate debating... Probably oen of the reasons is I'm not even good enough at it or knowledgable enough about anything anyway~!

But... also because... it feels like they never really ever go anywhere... but from what I've read I suppose that's just how it is on the internet~ But when I was in a class made for debating it felt like the debating never went anywhere in there either... And it makes me think "waaaaah what is even the point??"

There's also how they feel they can get unpleasant and I never enjoy unpleasantness and like to do what I can to stay out of it x3

Edited by Freohr Datia

you outdid me by like

a million

he's saying "you go girl" basically

your accomplishments are real and hard-earned while his is just some shitty steam achievement

GOSH WILLIE

QOTD: Can Esme read?

I do not! Especially about politics. As people have said before, a civil and respectful debate is very good and educational, and I enjoy those quite a bit. But far too often, on the internet and from what I've seen of my friends who love debating, it turns into an insult/swearing competition. I don't understand how people think that the more profanity and insults they spew, the more valid their argument is. Or the more intelligent it makes them seem. In the schools I went to, we had a lot of inclass discussions (Socratic seminars, anyone?) and there was a mandatory class in high school that had a debate component to it. *sigh* Too much immaturity, and the teachers just let it go on and watched in amusement. Honestly.

Depends. I have saw a lot of interesting debates and I have criticized some people`s points at times. But I myself am not very good in debating usually. And I get easily irritated and very bothered when someone criticizes my logic.

So usually I don`t do it.

Nope

I am bad at words even if I have a good argument in my head it'll rarely come out right

So it ends up being more headache for me in the end

And makes me want to punch things

^

This pretty much applies to me as well.

I like to debate usually, but there are a few topics that I stay well away from. And when you're facing somebody who's impossible to fucking deal with, I don't like to debate in those cases anyway.

Not unless I'm on the side, passing out popcorn and pointing out everything wrong with both side of the argument. Otherwise, it's participating in a battle that's most likely going to end in a stalemate, and what kind of tactician goes into such situations?

New day = new question.

It's time to nom nom nom: What is your favorite dessert? (Thanks Crizix for this question)

Mine is ice cream cake by far. Unfortunately, I can only have it a couple of times a year.

Edited by Interest

That's.... a good question...

I like chocolate chip cookies? =3

I like things with chocolate!!

I like pies!!!

So I guess if there's a chocolate chip cookie dough pie...

Oh shit, I remember that too. Death, you scoundrel.

Lol it was actually me... I felt bad afterwards because I kinda took advantage of Amelia's innocence. But all in good fun!

Death got a hella kick out of it and had Amelia's innocent-but-dirty reply in his sig for a while, though.

Lol it was actually me... I felt bad afterwards because I kinda took advantage of Amelia's innocence. But all in good fun!

Death got a hella kick out of it and had Amelia's innocent-but-dirty reply in his sig for a while, though.

Yeah, the sig thing is what I meant, lol.

You're a scoundrel too, of course, if that's what you wanted.