QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I've gotten used to them rolling in forced changes.

If only they would you know... make it so that integration was less... buggy.

I mean I can't even reply to some people commenting... ON MY OWN VIDEOS due to their profile settings of people not being able to comment on their posts unless they're in one of their circles.

Other than than those complaints... I'm okay with it. *shrug*

Convenient link to view comments people replied so you can easily follow a reply thread if you've ever been curious: Gone

Convenient link to reply to people who ask questions on my videos: Gone or at least, not visible on my end.

Pretty much the 2 that stood out when I first saw the recent change, haven't really noticed anything else.

Soon as I saw this I thought "Oh look it's another youtube downgrade" and thought the changes to the 2 things I just mentioned to be the stupidest things I've seen on youtube.

Then 5 seconds later a truth so simple and yet so powerful hit me: Youtube comments are, for the most part, absolute shit so whore cares lol

So yeah, the change is just there, it's downright stupid but after years of seeing changes to youtube that we've all found stupid, this doesn't really phase me at all.

Edited by Sirius

"If you could choose to suffer no pain (as in any sort of pain whatsoever that can even transcend physical pain), would you?"

Absolutely not.

"What do you think of the recent Youtube comment changes?"

I don't.

I'd become villainous if I choose to suffer no pain.

But you're already villainous.

Youtube comments are, for the most part, absolute shit so whore cares

pretty much this

only my ho cares

comments and ratings/likes in pretty much everything are just there because everyone complains about freedom of speech and want their own opinion, even if it brings a lot of shitty opinions or worse

Then 5 seconds later a truth so simple and yet so powerful hit me: Youtube comments are, for the most part, absolute shit so whore cares lol

I agree with you completely if you remove the Youtube part.

Google is becoming tyrannical. I never commented anyway, but this is a new low.

Forcing users into something they don't like is bad in the first place. Trying to get them to use their legal names against their wills is both unethical and inconvenient, especially on a video sharing site. Over the past year or so, YouTube has been asking users if they want to switch their names with popups that interrupt their video experience and do not go away until you choose something. YouTube chose not to remember their choices so that it showed the popup every time you opened the website. Now it is forcing you to switch to use certain features of the site. This is not simply a change. It is an encroachment on the users' freedom to the profit of the company. What Google gets from making people use Google+ is information about you, information allowing them to build a unified profile across all of their services so that they can find out what content you view on YouTube, their searches, when you view any site with a G+ "+1" button on it, and so on. They know who you are, what you do, when you do it, and how you do it across hundreds of sites and link it all back to you with a legal name to make things easy to track.

Aside from Google's bad practices, using your name on a video sharing site can be dangerous because your legal name leads straight back to you with a simple search. It is easier to trace someone with a name than an IP address. You can find someone's history and anything they have signed under their name with ease. YouTube is notorious for having one of the worst communities on the internet, and now those people can track each other with minimal effort. I doubt you'll be saying you have nothing to hide if someone starts calling you or gives out your information online resulting in floods of mail, calls, texts and unsolicited deliveries to your address, or worse, if they harass you on Facebook or Google+ and contact your friends and family to get to you.

I don't care about the youtube comments thing. I care so little that I'm not even reading the answers to this question for once.

The both of you would favor giving up your pain to become closer to our robot overlords

you're alright in my book

When is it gonna be published, I've always wanted to read a book featuring me.

So yeah, the change is just there, it's downright stupid but after years of seeing changes to youtube that we've all found stupid, this doesn't really phase me at all.

yeah, this