QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight mostly.

Can't believe one of my favorite books got turned into that movie series, though...

It's tough for me to go even a half hour without googling it, and I have to deal with the results.

Edited by Tangerine

Most frequently is reverse-image searching avvies I don't recognize; closely followed by definitions/etymologies, and sometimes plugging things into Google Translate.

Behind that is documentation, explanations, and occasionally (depending on classes) for scientific literature on various topics.

Followed by searching for basically whatever I feel like.

@Freohr - I think I heard you explain what it was, but I don't remember anything more than it's a combination of two words that I don't think were found together in the books, right? A quick Google search gives the answer easily enough, but that's probably cheating...

"X counters". Since I play LoL a lot before the game I'll look up counters through google. I don't have a wide variety of champions so when I get a new one I have to remember which one is best where. I also like reading commentary regarding strategies and what they may try to do to stay alive earlier on.

@Freohr - I think I heard you explain what it was, but I don't remember anything more than it's a combination of two words that I don't think were found together in the books, right? A quick Google search gives the answer easily enough, but that's probably cheating...

Heehee yes~

Freohr can easily be found in a chapter title in the book!! And it's what Eragon claimed to be his "true name" (whatever they called that... it's kinda been forever since I last read it x3), and Datia is from the name of one of Brom's poem thingythings.

Mostly definitions of words so I can be all NO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS BUT I DO :smug:.

Heehee yes~

Freohr can easily be found in a chapter title in the book!! And it's what Eragon claimed to be his "true name" (whatever they called that... it's kinda been forever since I last read it x3), and Datia is from the name of one of Brom's poem thingythings.

Whoah, it all makes sense now! I feel a sense of enlighten...dness. Yeah, that!

Whoah, it all makes sense now! I feel a sense of enlighten...dness. Yeah, that!

WOW I feel so happy that I could bring some enlighteneding knowledge for you, it adds some meaning to my life ;u;

Time for two questions.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? (and for those who don't celebrate it, you can feel free to instead answer) What is your favorite national holiday? You can feel free to answer both if you want to for some reason.

I'm going to my relatives in California for Thanksgiving. Going to be a nice little gathering and everything. Probably can safely say Thanksgiving is my favorite national holiday because food and not-so-awkward social gatherings.

Going to my grandpa's house to celebrate in 5 hours.

Disrupts my sleep schedule. Harumph. (I guess it's my fault for working at night and sleeping during the day.)

My favorite holiday, though, is probably New Year's.

Because Korean culture + New Year's Day = PROFIT.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Being at mom's house for a few weeks including enjoying the Thanksgiving dinner as she right now can't walk on her own. But...it is going to be a great Thanksgiving especially after she got discharged from the hospital two days ago.

Dark_Huntress, it's nice that she was discharged in time for a holiday like this; I hope she's on the mend.

My girlfriend is American and enjoys Thanksgiving, so I'm heading to her house tomorrow for a big dinner. I'm bringing some vegetable side dishes I just cooked, and she's preparing... everything else.

I agree with OldMan about favorite holidays, though. I'm not too keen on the meaning of a holiday and my family's too scattered to get together for events like this, I most appreciate having extra time off work to travel or relax or what have you.