QOTD Thread: The End

Interest

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New question for a new day. I'm heading out soon, so here's a quick one.

What's your favorite board game? If not that, what were/are some memorable board games you play(ed).

I'm going the say "The Game of Life." It's especially hilarious because a good chunk of the game no longer makes sense, but we can all dream, right?

Hmm I would like to say Risk, but I've actually only played that on my Sega Genesis before~ Because my dad loved that boardgame so he got that for our genesis x3 But I don't know how similar or different the boardgame is like.

If I were to go by most memorable instead... Probably Chutes and Ladders~ I played that a looooooot as a child.

Oooh this thread looks pretty fun!

Favorite board game... I honestly can't pick one, but if I had one I really wanted to try out, it'd be Settlers of Catan.

Star Trek Catan vid, because Jeri Ryan is there and she's one really cool lady (I grew up on Voyager and Seven of Nine was the coolest for me haha)
Tabletop also has a vanilla Settlers of Catan video if you guys are curious.

Small World also looks crazy fun

Edited by pinkbubblegum

Oooh this thread looks pretty fun!

Favorite board game... I honestly can't pick one, but if I had one I really wanted to try out, it'd be Settlers of Catan.

/watch?v=O7_Yd3_M8iQ

Star Trek Catan vid, because Jeri Ryan is there and she's one really cool lady (I grew up on Voyager and Seven of Nine was the coolest for me haha)

Tabletop also has a vanilla Settlers of Catan video if you guys are curious.

Small World also looks crazy fun

/watch?v=X9QtdiRJYro

uhm...eh, pinky? you've never played a board game before? O:

uhm...eh, pinky? you've never played a board game before? O:

Oh I have! It's more of I can't really pick one that I like the most xD;

I used to really like Betrayal at House on the Hill but once you play through majority of the haunts, it kind of stops being as fun as when you first start.

I enjoy a good old hate-filled game of BOARD GAME ONLINE

It's especially amusing when someone ragequits.

Wow.

That's both very intriguing and very, very intimidating xD;

Sounds like loads of fun though.

Hell yeah it is. It's really hard to get a good game going since you need 5 to 6 (though 4 can work and 3 is the least possible) people, but the gameplay is always varied and each race is quite different. I like playing as the Sardakk N'orr and researching a few techs to make the cheapest ships in the game into engines of death and extort trade goods and votes out of others. In the past I liked playing as the Jol'Nar, a bunch of tech-y squids that are great at research. They happen to have one of the best trade good cards available, but only one. So I'd spend all my dosh on tech and usually manage to survive by giving that one trade good to the person that wanted to blow me up. Usually worked pretty well.

I enjoy a good old hate-filled game of Monopoly.

Everyone calls me The Jew™ when we play that game because I tend to win on account of knowing basic math.