New X&Y video

Acacia Sgt

or you can go by real life plants that rely on wildfires to reproduce

one of the earlier smogon CAP pokemon was a fire/grass burning oak. though i think they made it primarily because it had rock head and could run flare blitz + wood hammer.

Gameplaywise, something with Drought and STAB Fire Blast + Solarbeam sounds like it could be really useful in spite of the very imperfect defensive typing and SR weakness. Growth too?

g/f ain't too bad, because the only thing that beat this is basically Dragon, or have a name that start in H and ends in Ran

Grass-type STAB on the switch-in followed by HP Ground. Back when I played around with a sun team on PO, that's what I did with... Venusaur I think? It's either HP Ground or HP Ice, though; in Venusaur's case a poison-type STAB or Earthquake could be a substitute for one of these (EQ does render HP Ground useless if you go mixed and set up with Growth at least once in intense sun).

I want this game and I want it right now.

It will be hilarious if Fennekin evolutions are fire/fighting. GF will be the best trolls ever hahahaha. Can't wait to see everyone pissed because of that!

Crap, I meant to say fire/grass. Not sure what an IRL equivalent of that would be, but there are all kinds of mythological plants, and when you have the Bulbasaur line there's no gap between dragons and plants to speak of in Pokemon.

There is yet chilli-based Pokemon right? Okay, maybe chilli is bad but they could have a playword on mandrake (but somehow it likely would be a Fairy/Grass or Dragon/Grass).

Fire/Grass is an awesome type combination to have. They cover each other weakness completely, and have big offensive capability.

Now this is a little extreme

yall get too fussy over incredibly vague details, it worries me

Hahaha, a little bit emotional about this since Typhlosion is one of my favorite starters of all time :p

There isn't another fire starter that I liked after Gen II. Most Fire/Fighting design just don't knock on me. I want more variety and 4 consecutive Fire/Fighting is just too much.

Hahaha, a little bit emotional about this since Typhlosion is one of my favorite starters of all time :p

There isn't another fire starter that I liked after Gen II. Most Fire/Fighting design just don't knock on me. I want more variety and 4 consecutive Fire/Fighting is just too much.

Typhlosion is also my favorite starter, but I couldn't care less if the next fire starter is fire/fighting.

If it had a nice design i'd still choose it

Edited by Nobody

I've always had an issue that a Pokemon was judged more by its typing than its design and design origin. If they were all apes then I'd have a problem, but the fact is we had a chicken, an ape, and a pig (the latter two based off of a famous chinese story), as well as a dragon-lizard thing and whatever the fuck typhlosion is meant to be. I'd say that's variety. You just hate Fire starters not because they're fire/fighting but because of their design.

Anyway, I'm going Fennekin. Froakie looks dumb, it's the first water starter I've been unimpressed with. Chespin bugs me, I normally like the grass starters but I'd have to see some evolutions I guess.

Edited by Lord Raven

whatever the fuck typhlosion is meant to be

Wolverine/badger.

Fighting got a lot better past gen 2. If anything, getting a Fighting type is a huge bonus, no matter how repetitive it is, and fits very well with the offensive nature of Fire types. I'd agree Emboar could've used a lot less Special Attack for either defenses or Speed, most likely the former due to its size and already nice HP, while giving him Speed would just make him too similar to Darmanitan.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

I agree with Raven's way of liking Pokemon. I choose pokemon depending on their design, their appearance, I prefer elegant/graceful pokemon, fast and with high sp attck over pokemon that are tough-looking or whose attributes are physical attcks/high def. It's kind of the affinity I have with certain pokemon rather than the type they are.

On the Fennekin thingy, I don't know why people are so extreme lol, I agree it's kinda annoying and perhaps it was one of the reasons I didn't get Gen V (I found it lame and meh, I felt no affinity nor inspiration). But I REALLY DOUBT Fenn is going the fighter way, specially if one of its known moves is Psychic, and as Raven said, I somewhere saw that the starters are going Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic <3, Water/Fighting. Dunno where exactly but I saw it somewhere. It seems this Gen is focusing on the Fighting/Psychic/Dark/Ghost/Fairy way.

And Pokemon Y, pls. Let's obliterate dem squishies with Yveltal's OPness whoo

edit: and the Inkay and perfume pokemon look awesome :3 screw dat cotton candy :b

Edited by Quintessence

I've always had an issue that a Pokemon was judged more by its typing than its design and design origin. If they were all apes then I'd have a problem, but the fact is we had a chicken, an ape, and a pig (the latter two based off of a famous chinese story), as well as a dragon-lizard thing and whatever the fuck typhlosion is meant to be. I'd say that's variety. You just hate Fire starters not because they're fire/fighting but because of their design.

Anyway, I'm going Fennekin. Froakie looks dumb, it's the first water starter I've been unimpressed with. Chespin bugs me, I normally like the grass starters but I'd have to see some evolutions I guess.

Yes, actually what I hate more is their desing than their typing, but it isn't avoidable to also hate the typing since their type also directly affect their design. We indeed have different base animal. Chicken, ape, and boar. But all of the have the shape of humanoid, a shape that I don't like because it would look unnatural except for apes (yes, Infernape is my favorite out of the three). If Fennekin indeed is Fire/Fighting, then I could guess the shape would be very similar to Lucario or Zoroark. This is why I hate Fire/Fighting type because it makes them look less diverse than the Grass (quadruped toad, quadruped dinosaur, biped/humanoid reptile, quadruped turtle, and snake) and Water (biped turtle, biped crocodile, quadruped/biped mudfish, penguin, and biped/quadruped otter) starter. They could prove wrong though if they gonna do Musketeer Trio design by making Fennekin stay quadruped as a Fire/Fighting.

Edited by Shengar

Chespin is lame, 'cause he's just a Grass Cyndaquil. They're both based on Hedgehog.

Fire/Fighting is an awesome type combination, and every Fire/Fighting starter is excellent in their own game, at least.

I remember all the controversy with Blaziken because, "he looks like a Digimon". He's actually a pretty cool pokemon.

No need to be so extreme about the type... The only important thing about type, is the risk of Type overlap (So the fight type starter won"t be taken, because I want Pancham... If he is Fire Psychic, as the rumor says, I'll definitely takesi it)

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

best starter

tumblr_mqu7y2wgYA1ryxo9ko1_400.png

otish: I'd really hate it if Fennekin's evolution line turned out to be Fire/Fighting again. Come on, GameFreak, give us something new. Fire/Fighting isn't really bad typing, it's actually pretty good. I honestly think Fennekin doesn't look like it'll become Fire/Fighting, but then again, neither does Torchic, right? Look at it, it doesn't even have any arms yet.

Edited by loser-kun