Awakening character contest (Tournament of Champions seeding!)

shadykid

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh. At least ONE of the quarterfinals is between two characters I like (Cordelia and Severa. Interesitng, seeing as this is mother vs daughter). Only them and Gaius are left for me to vote for. Although, probably none of them will win against Lucina, unfortunately.

Duck: Agreed.

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, now I see what you're getting at. That makes sense, but I still don't think that should automatically mean she's a good character.

Uh, what can we say other than people will like characters that you don't like for reasons you don't understand, and you don't have to understand them as long as you accept that it's a thing?

Yeah, seriously. Nowhere in there did I mention anything about how "good" of a character she is, I was just listing the reasons I felt are what make people like her (I do think she's a good, well-written character, though). Just because you don't like a character doesn't make that character bad.

In other news, where is this Cherche love coming from? I knew she was a reasonably well-liked character but I'd never seen anything like this before. And I honestly just don't know, I've not read many of her supports or anything.

In other news, where is this Cherche love coming from? I knew she was a reasonably well-liked character but I'd never seen anything like this before. And I honestly just don't know, I've not read many of her supports or anything.

I can't speak for other Cherche fans, but I like her because she seems to be one of the sane characters in Awakening. Lucina is all right, but there's one thing about her that really hurt her as a character in my eyes. I like that she's driven and serious and she wants to do what she can to save the future, but sometimes I feel that's all there is to her. I think Cherche is just level-headed and down to earth and rational, in a sea of characters who have strong characters in like one thing but that one thing is what they are best known for, and I like that she's strong without the developers shoving it in your face that she's strong. (Starts as a class known for its power, but isn't trying to prove herself as being powerful and is quite feminine instead, but undeniably a strong person.)

EDIT: No one is saying that, Anacybele. But you have a tendency to word your posts in a way that leaves no room for other people to disagree with you, and you seem to think that when people disagree with you then they're telling you that you're not allowed to have an opinion. No one is telling you that you're not allowed to think Lucina is a bad character. But you asked why people liked her so much, and RFoF answered. Like I said, it doesn't matter if you agree with those reasons or not. But those ARE the reasons that other people like her, and even if you can't see why or agree with them, it's still a thing and you should accept that people like characters you don't like for reasons you don't see but they do.

Edited by Sangyul

I feel that's all there is to her.

This is a problem I have with Lucina as well. Her being serious and heroic and stuff is all fine and dandy, but as stated, that's all there seems to be to her. There aren't really any other sides to her. And she doesn't get jokes. Completely lacking a sense of humor like that is just boring, imo.

This is a problem I have with Lucina as well. Her being serious and heroic and stuff is all fine and dandy, but as stated, that's all there seems to be to her. There aren't really any other sides to her. And she doesn't get jokes. Completely lacking a sense of humor like that is just boring, imo.

I know, and that's why you don't like her. I can understand that. But you have to understand that there are people who see other sides to Lucina that you don't see. And by the looks of it, there are a LOT of people who see a more interesting side to Lucina. A side that you can't see yourself, but others can. That doesn't make everyone else who can see the interesting side of Lucina wrong. It just means they interpret the same character in a different way than you do, and there's nothing wrong with that.

And she doesn't get jokes. Completely lacking a sense of humor like that is just boring, imo.

As someone who doesn't get jokes and has a poorly-developed sense of humour, I feel offended by that comment.

Characterization gimmick. Welcome to Fire Emblem: Awakening.

So I'm not allowed to think Lucina is a bad character? Why not? :/

While a character being good or bad is less subjective than simply liking them or not, you can think what you want. As Sangyul said, your posts haven't been leaving much room for disagreement. I assume the line you were responding to in particular was this: Just because you don't like a character doesn't make that character bad. I said that because you were treating the matter as though Lucina is a bad character in your mind, therefore she's a bad character and it doesn't make sense that people like her.

As for me, I do see other sides to Lucina. It's not something I really want to go in depth on right now, but I don't see her as nearly one-dimensional as you or Sangyul do. But that's just different viewpoints.

Yeah, the thing is that while Lucina isn't at the top of my favorite Awakening characters, I do acknowledge that there are people who see depths to her that I simply don't. And I don't have a problem with it. Do I wonder how she has so much more fan hype than other Awakening characters? Sometimes, yeah, but I've accepted that I don't need to understand why other people like her. All I have to do is accept that people like characters I don't like for reasons I won't necessarily see or agree with, and there is no problem with that. You'll have so much more peace of mind that way.

That was a close one, Im glad Lucina pulled through. But whats going on with the poll? Is it on hold?

Edit- Nvm, I see why now. Take your time.

Edited by PrinceLeaf

She's a female wyvern rider with red hair, nuff said.

She also has the best art of the females, IMO, and pretty good supports.