• Astra
    • Luna
    • Sol
    • Aether
    • Vengeance
    • Lethality
    • Ignis
    • Don't use (explain why)

I can't think of a single first-gen, non-Avatar, non-Chrom unit that can't learn both Sol AND Luna.

This wording is very confusing. You're trying to come up with 1st gens who get neither Sol nor Luna?

Lissa, Panne, Miriel, Cherche, Nowi.

Edited by Meteor

This wording is very confusing. You're trying to come up with 1st gens who get neither Sol nor Luna?

Lissa, Panne, Miriel, Cherche, Nowi.

Wait. Right, that's what I was trying to say. I confused myself with that, ugh.

... And Maribelle, Virion and Libra as well. Shoot, that's a lot of females without Sol or Luna.

So hang on a second. All of the first gens that can get Luna are:

• Frederick
  • Tharja
  • Ricken
  • Chrom
  • Stahl
  • Sully
  • Kellam
  • Sumia

And the first gens that can get Sol are

• Cordelia
  • Gregor
  • Gaius
  • Vaike
  • Donnel

Inigo deserves a special mention due to starting as a Merc without any input from either of his parents. I'd include a Severa mention, but she could have gotten it anyway thanks to Cordelia's Mercenary class tree.

So the non-Avatar children that can get both then without Sol Swords/Luna lances are:

• Frederick/Stahl/Kellam/Ricken/Chrom-fathered Inigo
  • Donnel/Vaike/Gaius/Gregor-fathered Noire
  • Gaius-fathered Cynthia (would Aether count here, since it's technically both an Aether proc AND a Sol proc?)
  • Donnel/Vaike/Gaius/Gregor-fathered Kjelle
  • Frederick/Stahl/Kellam/Ricken-fathered Severa.

That's... five out of twelve, not including Lucina's Aether proccing. Not a bad amount.

Also Brady gets Cavalier, so he's on the list. Gerome gets Sol. Nah can get both from Vaike.

Virion and Libra can simply go unused so I didn't mention them. Totally forgot Cherche passes Fighter though.

Kind of relevant: I worked out the logic, and it's possible to get Luna on every child. Chrom has to marry Olivia, Vaike has to marry Nowi/Cordelia, and Avatar M has to marry a non-Luna mother.Then just pair everyone with GK to someone without.

Edited by Meteor

Also Brady gets Cavalier, so he's on the list. Gerome gets Sol. Nah can get both from Vaike.

Virion and Libra can simply go unused so I didn't mention them. Totally forgot Cherche passes Fighter though.

Kind of relevant: I worked out the logic, and it's possible to get Luna on every child. Chrom has to marry Olivia, Vaike has to marry Nowi/Cordelia, and Avatar M has to marry a non-Luna mother.Then just pair everyone with GK to someone without.

Huh. You can't Sol-proc every child, but it's nice to know that you can do that with Luna.

Interesting indeed.

Maingame: Sol, because I'm too lazy to spam Rescue.

Postgame/screwing around with grinding: Vengeance (paired with Vantage), because there's nothing like smacking the enemies with Counter in the face and killing them in one hit.

(Favorite is not necessarily "best" in this case)

I find the combo of Ignis/Sol very useful on all units that can get them. Then Luna/Sol for units like Frederick!Inigo. Lethality on occasion usually interchanging with a defensive move( Lancebreaker, etc.) I try to avoid Astra if possible unless I'm sure there are no counter units anywhere

Luna~

Who would have guessed?

Vengeance has a special place in my heart for combo-tastic value.

Sol is amazing for content where enemies aren't particularly tough (most of campaign), but it's actually so good for it that I dislike the ability. (Plus I like a good excuse to spam staffers!)

I also love Luna for it's breedability. My current postgame team has it on every kid but Owain, who runs vantage/vengeance.

Luna~

Who would have guessed?

Vengeance has a special place in my heart for combo-tastic value.

Sol is amazing for content where enemies aren't particularly tough (most of campaign), but it's actually so good for it that I dislike the ability. (Plus I like a good excuse to spam staffers!)

I also love Luna for it's breedability. My current postgame team has it on every kid but Owain, who runs vantage/vengeance.

Heheh. With a name like LunaSaint, I'm not surprised.