Does Thracia 776 deserve it's reputation for difficulty?

The Void

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm late on this but

Is there a boss in any FE game that is truly hard?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Reynard this guy on h5...seriously what the actual fuck. You're basically forced to critrig him repeatedly with a savepoint since he obliterates all your chip units and regenerates a ton every turn (Ogma does like effectively 1 damage because of EP regen normally...)

I'm late on this but

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Reynard this guy on h5...seriously what the actual fuck. You're basically forced to critrig him repeatedly with a savepoint since he obliterates all your chip units and regenerates a ton every turn (Ogma does like effectively 1 damage because of EP regen normally...)

now is that fight actually hard

or is it just luck

I think you're confusing the question, the boss is most certainly a hard boss because he is hard to kill, even if you abuse everything the game gives to you beacuse he will kill 90% of your army from 1-2 range without batting an eyelid. He's killable without luck, but you'd basically be breaking his weapon since it would take eons without crits.

Edited by Irysa

the chapter 1 and 2 bosses are harder than reynard imo, the devil axe is just way too good at killing him, and there's a convenient savepoint right before him to use

there's no real "hard bosses" in fe since most of the ones that people consider to be hard are luck based

so hard = luckbased?

the chapter 1 and 2 bosses are harder than reynard imo, the devil axe is just way too good at killing him, and there's a convenient savepoint right before him to use

there's no real "hard bosses" in fe since most of the ones that people consider to be hard are luck based

so hard = luckbased?

It certainly seems that way considering a good number of bosses listed that I've seen from here and other threads seem to be from

FE5, FE6 and FE11 on its higher diffculties. Which alot of people decry having lameass bosses

Edited by Jedi Ogami

Chapter 1 boss doesn't have 1-2 and doesn't double, and the Chapter 2 boss doesn't double either. You either rig dodges and kill him in one turn or you rig crits, you can't "safely" kill him like you can the others.

So what makes a boss in FE hard if you actually know what to do.

I suppose someone more like Reinhardt who, even if not that difficult to take down, is someone you have to take into account in your strategy (unless lolwarp) and can complicate what you're doing

this pretty much disqualifies any boss that doesn't move

Chapter 1 boss doesn't have 1-2 and doesn't double, and the Chapter 2 boss doesn't double either. You either rig dodges and kill him in one turn or you rig crits, you can't "safely" kill him like you can the others.

chapter 1 can crit jeigan causing a full chapter restart, and you'll be sitting there all day trying to hit him from 1-2 range

chapter 2 boss just doesn't take damage from anyone, yeahhh maybe reynard is a bit tougher

but reynard can be beaten every time by savepoint -> KE - > devil axe

which is way easier than killing the first two chapter bosses

also chapter 3 boss has you having very high hitrates whereas you need to land 60's with jeigan to kill the first two

Edited by General Horace

I try to bait reinhardt because I broke my warp staves why a unit with pure water boost.

he procs movement stars (which was 25% IIRC)

proceeds to kill something with the M. sword.

Edit: then he has higher continue activation with the M.sword too

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

It certainly seems that way considering a good number of bosses listed that I've seen from here and other threads seem to be from

FE5, FE6 and FE11 on its higher diffculties. Which alot of people decry having lameass bosses

I don't think anyone complains about FE5 or FE6 having lame bosses. And most of FE11's can be Wing Speared even on higher diffculties SOOOOOO....

so hard = luckbased?

i would agree with this. the thing is that as soon as FE starts throwing you killer weapons, the primary mode for bosskilling is crit fishing with fallback on effective weaponry. and obviously critfishing is luck based.

yeah it does

especially if the game just hands you some kryptonite

I guess I'll go with that argument then, seeing as FE5's kryptonite is staves. Which I did use when they were needed and without them the game would indeed be Supermaning my ass. At least, that's kind of how I see it now. So yeah, I guess a hard game (or boss) is turned easy when using the right methods to break it. But heck, this is true for any game I suppose. Doesn't mean those things aren't inherently hard in the first place, it's just that their weaknesses oftentimes are their undoing. Just my opinion.

well there was a bit of nuance in that argument that a pithy statement didn't properly convey, so i apologize for that. what i meant is that if the game hands you something with flashing bells and whistles telling you to use it to destroy the game (not literally, of course), then that makes the game easy. staves in FE5 don't fully qualify because the powerful ones aren't always easy to get and have to be managed precisely in order to be maximally effective.

FE11 forges is another good example: the ability to forge effective weaponry trivializes the game, but you still have to manage your money. the difference between FE11 forges and FE5 staves is that FE5 staves are arguably more difficult to apply and more difficult to manage.

Edited by dondon151

chapter 1 can crit jeigan causing a full chapter restart, and you'll be sitting there all day trying to hit him from 1-2 range

chapter 2 boss just doesn't take damage from anyone, yeahhh maybe reynard is a bit tougher

but reynard can be beaten every time by savepoint -> KE - > devil axe

which is way easier than killing the first two chapter bosses

also chapter 3 boss has you having very high hitrates whereas you need to land 60's with jeigan to kill the first two

The point on ch1 is that you have like 4 chars who can throw javelins or bow him without fear, so odds are you'll get a few hits in. The chance of Jeigan getting crit vs boss 1 and 2 is much lower than that of Reynard not actually connecting hits and killing someone when you try to kill him (hell Jeigan has a better chance to crit the enemy...). And the hitrates are kind of irrelevant when you need crits on your side (which is again lower than a jeigan connecting a 60% disp, even with a KE). If nothing else, you can sit Jeigan on the EP with his Silver Lance next to the boss, if he misses, you sit on the fort and heal him, and try again.

I'll agree that the fact that there is a savepoint right there to abuse to kill him makes it "easier" but in practice, the other two bosses can go down without rigging anything, and the risk of death is much lower compared to Reynard.

Edited by Irysa

jagen needs to hit twice with silver lance against gazzak though

and not only that, but he only gets a chance every now and then to stack 2 silver lance hits (at 60 hit) because fort healing + wrys healing isn't enough to offset the damage from one of gazzak's attacks.

plus your expected damage from javelin chip barely offsets gazzak's gate healing

Edited by dondon151

Jagen needs to hit twice to KO, but you can alternate in one of the Cavaliers with a sword if he gets hit and he also hits back, and they can do damage on EP (without any real risk) which helps offsets the healing.

Edited by Irysa

I don't think anyone complains about FE5 or FE6 having lame bosses. And most of FE11's can be Wing Speared even on higher diffculties SOOOOOO....

Oh believe me I have seen so much complaining about Gel and Henning its a bit hilarious really.

Oh believe me I have seen so much complaining about Gel and Henning its a bit hilarious really.

Denning is way better than both of them combined to the nth power, FYI.

• 1 month later...