I think this is now my most commonly posted in topic. That's kind of sad. I thought I was okay at the game not hopeless yet.

Still need a parent for Yarne. Puhrobably gonna go Freddy-bear for him. What's he get besides the Wyvern Tree and Luna and is it worthwhile or should I swap parents around?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wants Hit+20. Can you give him Virion/Stahl (or maybe Ricken, though that seems kind of weird to me)? If not, Fred makes a usable, if not ideal, Yarne. Especially since Panne can only pass one skill from Wyvern tree.

I have Vaike!Yarne, and even though he also doesn't have Hit+20, having Axebreaker is pretty nice.

Edited by Radiant head

Basically what Radiant head and Czar_Yoshi said. If you want Hit Rate+20 on Yarne, switch around Virion so and give Frederick to Cordelia or switch Stahl around and give Frederick to Cherche and if you don't mind not having it, give Frederick to Panne.

Edited by I love fire emblem

Trying to make pairings for my Emmeryn! Morgan playthrough. Any thoughts? Trying to have as many unique classes as possible in the mix. Prefer Morgan X Owain for blonde super family, but don't have any other preferences.

Emmeryn @ Valkyrie X Male Avatar @Grandmaster (+Speed, - Defense)

Emmeryn! Morgan @ Valkyrie X Libra! Owain @Sage

Sumia! Lucina @Paladin X Frederick! Inigo @Hero

Ricken or Virion! Severa @Dark Flier X Lon'qu! Brady @Dread Fighter

Gaius! Kjelle @Wyvern Lord X Henry! Gerome @Berserker

Chrom! Cynthia @Sniper X Virion or Stahl ! Yarne @Berserker

Donnel! Noire @Falcon Knight X Gregor! Laurent @Warrior or Berserker

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Basically what Radiant head and Czar_Yoshi said. If you want Hit Rate+20 on Yarne, switch around Virion so and give Frederick to Cordelia or switch Stahl around and give Frederick to Cherche and if you don't mind not having it, give Frederick to Panne.

Fred makes Severa and Gerome really bad though...

Yeah it's like MU x Lissa, but without MU!Owain. Though I'm finding MU!Owain isn't that much better than Libra/Ricken, aside from Ignis being better than Luna.

Owain is actually the main reason you'd want to do Robin x Lissa. +5 Spd on a Galeboy with procs, good end classes and a +3 Mag mod is really nothing to shake a stick at.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I'll most likely do Fred x Panne. I want to use Gerome and Stahl is the choice I have left... well, technically, I have Donnel, Fred, and Kellam left but...

I could switch and give Frederick to Noire, Lon'qu to Cordelia, and then Virion to Yarne, though I was going for different pairings then what I usually do (even if it tears apart one of my otps lmao). But it'd be worth it if I can make em all useable.

Tbh Emm is practically a Lissa clone, sharing similar reclass options, and the minor differences is her +4 Magic and +1 Speed. Otherwise, there's not much to say about Emm...hmmm : /

Marrying Emm to Robin is the only way to really use her offensively though. I was going to give her Galeforce/Tomefaire/Magic+2/All Stats + 2/Limit Breaker. Between her crazy high magic and Celica's gale, she'll still be pulling her weight, no?

I just really like the character and want to find a way to use her. What about the other pairings? Could I give Noire Vaike and Nah Donnel?

+4 support levels if the user appears in the battle (leading or in the support position). Eg two units with an S support will go from +15/10/10/10 Hit/Avo/Dge/Crit to +20/15/15/15 and two units with no support go from +10 Hit to +15/10/10/10 Hit/Avo/Dge/Crit.

+4 support levels if the user appears in the battle (leading or in the support position). Eg two units with an S support will go from +15/10/10/10 Hit/Avo/Dge/Crit to +20/15/15/15 and two units with no support go from +10 Hit to +15/10/10/10 Hit/Avo/Dge/Crit.

Would that make it a better choice than Magic+2 for an attacking Valkyrie/Dark Flier/Sage Emmeryn married to Robin then? And the same for Maribelle or Lissa in Apo?

For me personally:

Priam @ Hero

Skills: Limit Breaker, Luna, Aggressor, Armshrift, and Sol (And yes, Sol + Luna is there to compensate for not having Aether...<_<)

Optional Skills: Swordfaire, and 4/5-breakers & Resistance +10 (Too bad he doesn't get Tomebreaker though :( )

Marrying Emm to Robin is the only way to really use her offensively though. I was going to give her Galeforce/Tomefaire/Magic+2/All Stats + 2/Limit Breaker. Between her crazy high magic and Celica's gale, she'll still be pulling her weight, no?

Well if you want to make Emm!FMorgan into a glass cannon then by all means. Besides having high Magic mods and being slightly faster then Lissa, I guess its okay. Also...theres no point of having Magic+2 really...

Edited by Formerly Colm

Sol+Luna doesn't compensate for anything, it's actively bad. Aether is first and foremost a damage booster, giving approximately 2.5x damage in Apo. Luna is also a damage booster, and gives ~1.5x, but Sol does nothing whatsoever. And since Sol is checked before Luna, it's impossible to have a >25% Luna rate with Sol/Luna (and it just goes down as you climb over 50 Skl), so adding Sol onto Luna both costs a skillslot and hurts your damage output.

Now, if you cared more about healing and wanted extra damage as a secondary case, then it would be useful. But Sol's healing just doesn't matter in Apo, so that usually isn't the case.

Also: if you want damage with a side of healing for non-Apo maps, use Sol/Astra instead. Astra has higher priority than Sol, so even though it's Skl/2% once you go over 50 Skl it passes Luna in activation rate and keeps climbing higher, not to mention doing much more damage. Sol's activation rate will be a little lower as a result, but not by much (it'll go from 37.5% to 50% between 50 and 100 Skl), so it's a win-win situation.

Sol/Astra actually sounds pretty sweet. And confirms Ike x Mia is canon

I know Sol+Luna was bad, if I ever run it, it's for compensating for Aether aesthetically, not literally.

Would Priam!Morgan want Ignis or Luna? Since his mag mod is um...not good.

Edited by Radiant head

To be frank, I normally have my FeMU lead whenever I paired with Priam (especially for Apo), so I hardly consider this as a major factor IMO.

I know Sol+Luna was bad, if I ever run it, it's for compensating for Aether aesthetically, not literally.

It ultimately depends on the assets/flaws of your FeMU. Personally, I choose +Mag/-Luck just to have a balance Priam!Morgan (even though Priam's mod benefits physically): Str+3, Mag+2, Skill+2, Speed+3, -4Luck, Def+3, and Res+1. And for skills I personally run Ignis just because of its cool battle animation.

Edited by Formerly Colm

I usually prefer +spd. I guess I'll just run both and see which gives better results.

How are these pairings for a FeMU run?

Chrom x Sumia

FeMU x Priam

Lissa x Ricken

Cordelia x Lon’qu

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Sully x Donnel

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

I had some triangle dilemma with these.

Cherche x Henry/Stahl

Maribelle x Libra/Henry

Olivia x Stahl/Frederick

Brady is fine with either father, but I'd prefer Henry so I can mess around with War Monk (outside Apo), so it just depends how badly Gerome wants Henry. Meanwhile, I know people like Fred!Inigo, but I'm partial towards Sniper Inigo since he has innate Armsthrift for running the Double Bow (though shame this thing sucks compared to Radiant Dawn's Double Bow).
Edited by Radiant head

I usually prefer +spd. I guess I'll just run both and see which gives better results.

How are these pairings for a FeMU run?

Chrom x Sumia

FeMU x Priam

Lissa x Ricken

Cordelia x Lon’qu

Miriel x Gregor

Panne x Virion

Sully x Donnel

Tharja x Gaius

Nowi x Vaike

I had some triangle dilemma with these.

Cherche x Henry/Stahl

Maribelle x Libra/Henry

Olivia x Stahl/Frederick

I would go with Henry for Cherche (it's the best by far), Libra for Brady (it's the only available father you have who won't mess him up), and Stahl for Olivia (there's basically no reason to use Fred for someone when you have Stahl, especially Inigo, who's best father is arguably Stahl)

@Czar_Yoshi

Would you say that Dual Support + > Magic +2 on Emmeryn and Maribelle? Does she want Sage or Valkyrie (I'm leaning towards Sage for higher magic and skill)? Is there anything I should prioritize in my other pairings?

Emmeryn @ Valkyrie X Male Avatar @Grandmaster (+Speed, - Defense)

Emmeryn! Morgan @ Valkyrie X Libra! Owain @Sage

Sumia! Lucina @Paladin X Frederick! Inigo @Hero

Ricken or Virion! Severa @Dark Flier X Lon'qu! Brady @Dread Fighter

Gaius! Kjelle @Wyvern Lord X Henry! Gerome @Berserker

Chrom! Cynthia @Sniper X Virion or Stahl ! Yarne @Berserker

Donnel! Noire @Falcon Knight X Gregor! Laurent @Warrior or Berserker