• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't trying to dispute your preferences, I was trying to disprove your claim that Henry!Gerome was a waste. I have my preferences as well and I don't run the same rigid sets everytime, but I can objectively try and evaluate each pairing based on their merits.

I just find the idea that all these kids who are great with Henry and are capable of doing way more than Gerome will ever be "should" be using someone else anyway to be nauseatingly limiting.

Edited by Radiant head

Gerome's other dads either force him to use bows or don't give him accuracy.

Maybe not all children who are good with Henry need him, but the idea that taking away Henry is the best thing you can do for them is umm...not very convincing.

I think someone else mentioned this but being stuck with bows is absolutely not a bad thing at all (very accurate, very powerful, avoid pavise+, supereffective on flying)

You're not constricting anyone's options either. The only other kid who would need Henry is Cynthia, and Chrom is better.

I just find the idea that all these kids who are great with Henry and are capable of doing way more than Gerome will ever be "should" be using someone else anyway to be nauseatingly limiting.

Out of curiosity, which kids are you talking about who can make better use of Henry than Gerome? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Nah, and she's not a priority because she's arguably the least useful child out of all of them. Not only that, but she's just as good (maybe better) with Vaike or Stahl

Basically anyone with galeforce who doesn't overlap with his Dark Mage or isn't Sully

Alright so that gives us

Owain

Inigo

Brady

Cynthia

The thing is, all of them have better options. Owain would rather have Ricken, Inigo would rather have Libra for magic or Stahl/Frederick for physical, Brady would rather have someone who gives speed, and Cynthia has Chrom. Even though Henry is great for them, they can do better, so they're not really limited by losing him. Gerome, however, has no better options, and goes from being a fairly good hard support to being a perfect hard support who can complete 75 speed pairings with Virion/Lon'qu!Severa or Gaius!Kjelle. none of these others can compete with going from 'good' to 'perfect' when Henry cannot even make them perfect at all.

I think someone else mentioned this but being stuck with bows is absolutely not a bad thing at all (very accurate, very powerful, avoid pavise+, supereffective on flying)

You're not constricting anyone's options either. The only other kid who would need Henry is Cynthia, and Chrom is better.

Out of curiosity, which kids are you talking about who can make better use of Henry than Gerome? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Nah, and she's not a priority because she's arguably the least useful child out of all of them. Not only that, but she's just as good (maybe better) with Vaike or Stahl

Why isn't Nah all that great? She's at least better than Yarne, because Taguel is so bad it's laughable.

Its not that Taguel are bad, its just really not that great of a class IMO. I mean Beaststones can't be forged, they're weak against Beast Killers, and they lack range attacks compare to Manakete. But that's just me : /

Edit: Also iirc, they have low Res, making them even more vulnerable against Magics. (I think...?)

Edited by Formerly Colm

I just got wifi today. Wow.

So before I delve into Apotheosis, I can now get all DLC skills.

Any suggestions for ones I most absolutely go through first and in which order to get good skills?

I'm thinking of giving F!Morgan counter from M!MU is there any other male exclusive skills that might be better for her (Olivia!Lucina is going to be her mother). I am not sure yet which class Morgan will be in when she finishes so those would be useful too :D:

M!MU is +HP -Lck (I think)

I'm thinking of giving F!Morgan counter from M!MU is there any other male exclusive skills that might be better for her (Olivia!Lucina is going to be her mother). I am not sure yet which class Morgan will be in when she finishes so those would be useful too :D:

M!MU is +HP -Lck (I think)

Counter doesn't work in Apoth (which I'm assuming you're going for). I'd say give her Axe-faire (only if she goes Hero though), or Wrath. Rally Strength is also a good skill, but Morgan can do so much more then be a rally bot.

Counter doesn't work in Apoth (which I'm assuming you're going for). I'd say give her Axe-faire (only if she goes Hero though), or Wrath. Rally Strength is also a good skill, but Morgan can do so much more then be a rally bot.

I have no idea about making an Apoth team. I was more concerned with beating Grima than that ^^'

Grima also has dragonskin (which is why counter gets nullified). Every enemy on Apo just has dragonskin.

Right and as I mentioned, I don't intend to play Apo. I can easily switch up F!Morgan's skills before I face Grima as well. Axefaire would be useless because I highly doubt that she would or will be a Hero. I am very tempted to just have her finish as a Grandmaster or a tome wielding class. *shrugs* I haven't completely decided that yet.

Right and as I mentioned, I don't intend to play Apo. I can easily switch up F!Morgan's skills before I face Grima as well. Axefaire would be useless because I highly doubt that she would or will be a Hero. I am very tempted to just have her finish as a Grandmaster or a tome wielding class. *shrugs* I haven't completely decided that yet.

Ehhh, I wouldn't bother passing down a male-exclusive skill - you're not missing much, really. Though Despoil might interest you.

Ehhh, I wouldn't bother passing down a male-exclusive skill - you're not missing much, really. Though Despoil might interest you.

Extra ability to get gold heck yes :D: I always seem to run out of gold and break really good weapons fairly quickly D:

Perfect Berserkers are so rare

Laurent and male Robin always have everything for the job and Yarne was five different fathers who can give him the +Hit he wants. If you don't mind ignoring Galeforce, Owain and Inigo can do it too with a +Hit dad.

+Hit Berserkers are almost as ubiquitous as Dark Fliers, and it's a big part of why they're so useful.

Despoil is really fun if you're just messing around, I'd advise it.

*Partial quote*

Despoil is really fun if you're just messing around, I'd advise it.

I am thinking of doing just that :D: especially since I seem to be going through expensive weapons quite a bit :/ I think I have F!Morgan's skills down as follows:

~Aether

~Lethality

~Galeforce

~Ignus

~Despoil/Counter

I am also thinking of the following skills for Olivia!Lucina as a Great Lord:

~Lethality

~Rightful King

~Astra

~Aether

~Galeforce

Not sure what to give M!MU but I am certain that Ignus is a good start (and perhaps Renewal/Lifetaker to get health back) but other than that I am at a loss. Also what class allows GL Lucina best support M!MU?

I am thinking of doing just that :D: especially since I seem to be going through expensive weapons quite a bit :/ I think I have F!Morgan's skills down as follows:

~Aether

~Lethality

~Galeforce

~Ignus

~Despoil/Counter

I am also thinking of the following skills for Olivia!Lucina as a Great Lord:

~Lethality

~Rightful King

~Astra

~Aether

~Galeforce

Not sure what to give M!MU but I am certain that Ignus is a good start (and perhaps Renewal/Lifetaker to get health back) but other than that I am at a loss. Also what class allows GL Lucina best support M!MU?

I'd drop Lethality - by the time you can get its activation rate to be even remotely respectable, you shouldn't have too much trouble killing enemies. Also...

>No Dual Strike+

>Astra over Luna

[insert "ah-ooga!" sound here]

I'd drop Lethality - by the time you can get its activation rate to be even remotely respectable, you shouldn't have too much trouble killing enemies. Also...

>No Dual Strike+

>Astra over Luna

[insert "ah-ooga!" sound here]

I see :D: Many thanks.