Vaike!Severa does not get Astra. Also, my calculations assume everyone always has all tonics.

If you make Donnel!Kjelle a Paladin with All+2, she can take a +0 Spd support and still double Thronie.

Right, so I can give her Armsthrift or All Stats + 2 :)

Are there any other viable classes for Donnel! Kjelle with All Stats + 2 factored in? Falcon Knight? Griffon Rider? I feel like Assassin gives her great speed and skill with Gerome and all stats+2 or swordfaire being an option to patch up her strength. Or would Severa make a better Assassin? This is just me being picky about class diversity haha. Are there any alternative classes for Inigo paired up with Severa?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider that Assassin has an obnoxious amount of Spd (+8 over a Wyvern Lord). That may or may not play a factor in how much Spd you want to assign in a pair (be it AS+2, a limited +Spd pair up, etc). Sometimes the tradeoff isn't worth it (is getting 75 Spd--probably in both pairs > 69 Spd but perhaps being in a stronger class?).

Also weigh in the offense value (brave bow being a good option, but it's still not long bow) in addition to being -8 Str off Hero and -6 off Wyvern Lord (excluding other benefits such as Mov). Also consider the lack of bowfaire (it might not be in your final skillset, but now we're talking -13 Attack compared to Axefaire Hero Severa).

I don't want this necessarily to be a deterrent on using Assassins; they can fulfill their niche with high Skl/Spd demands. There's certainly a place for them if the conditions are right.

Are there any other viable classes for Donnel! Kjelle with All Stats + 2 factored in? Falcon Knight? Griffon Rider? I feel like Assassin gives her great speed and skill with Gerome and all stats+2 or swordfaire being an option to patch up her strength. Or would Severa make a better Assassin? This is just me being picky about class diversity haha. Are there any alternative classes for Inigo paired up with Severa?

Falco Donnel!Kjelle doesn't have much use for All+2. Griffon with All+2 and a +3 Spd pairup would work nicely, Assassin with All+2 and a +0 support also works. Though I kind of agree with Vas about Assassins, they focus too heavily on what the current meta already has to offer and thus get nothing out of the meta and bring nothing else to the table. When you can have a weak, squishy and low-range Assassin that makes up for its faults by doubling everything in the game, or you can have an 8-Mov flying armored monstrosity that, thanks to the meta, also doubles everything in the game, there's not much contest (especially if you don't value doubling things).

Falco Donnel!Kjelle doesn't have much use for All+2. Griffon with All+2 and a +3 Spd pairup would work nicely, Assassin with All+2 and a +0 support also works. Though I kind of agree with Vas about Assassins, they focus too heavily on what the current meta already has to offer and thus get nothing out of the meta and bring nothing else to the table. When you can have a weak, squishy and low-range Assassin that makes up for its faults by doubling everything in the game, or you can have an 8-Mov flying armored monstrosity that, thanks to the meta, also doubles everything in the game, there's not much contest (especially if you don't value doubling things).

Guess I'll just make her a Paladin since she doesn't really get anything but Swordfaire and Lancefaire.

So I've gotten Inigo, Cynthia, Lucina, Owain, and Morgan already.

Gaius and Sully = Sol and ??? (I can't remember if Kjelle gets Hero/Mercenary from Gaius)

Virion and Maribelle = Swordbreaker and Galeforce

Gregor and Miriel = Armsthrift and Dual Support+

Stahl and Panne = Hit+20 and Lancebreaker/Swordbreaker

Lon'qu and Cordelia = Swordfaire and Galeforce

Donnel and Nowi = Aptitute and Lifetaker

Vaike and Tharja = Unsure

Henry and Cherche = Anathema and Dual Support+

Any ideas?

Brady: ingame I rarely make him a combat unit, so Spd shouldn't matter. If you're just capping his stats for postgame, Assassin/Trickster will help a little.

Gaius does pass Sol, Sully doesn't matter. Vaike passes one of the Barb skills- Axefaire is the best if you can use it (Hero/General), Despoil is fun to play around with while grinding if not.

Gaius and Sully = Sol and ??? (I can't remember if Kjelle gets Hero/Mercenary from Gaius)

Kjelle does not get Mercenary, Sol is from Gaius' Fighter>Hero Promotion. Sully pass whatever skill you don't want to grind. I usually do swordfaire cuz Kjelle does not start with good sword rank.

Tomefaire might be an option for Virion if you don't plan for Brady to get it himself.

I would do the same.

Never did this pairing before, so can't say.

Pretty solid.

Works.

Tharja will have a good strength mod, and Hero will be an option. Noire can't learn Axefaire by herself, so I would pass that. Tharja should pass whatever skill you don't want to grind.

Yep.

Any ideas?

Brady: ingame I rarely make him a combat unit, so Spd shouldn't matter. If you're just capping his stats for postgame, Assassin/Trickster will help a little.

Gaius does pass Sol, Sully doesn't matter. Vaike passes one of the Barb skills- Axefaire is the best if you can use it (Hero/General), Despoil is fun to play around with while grinding if not.

Most likely Hero if I don't make her a Sniper.

As far as Kjelle, I'm thinking a Paladin so I'd have to grind up her sword rank anyway. That doesn't matter to me.

Any ideas?

Bold: She doesn't.,

For Donnel!Nah, I had mine passed down Counter instead. While it isn't helpful in Apotheosis, I generally find it useful in Spotpass battles. Other than that, Aptitute is only good for short-term imo.

What were you using her as? Because Counter on a Manakete is just wasteful.

Any ideas?

Also going with this (yep I returns) I was thinking these for endclasses for the kids:

Lucina - Great Lord

Cynthia - Dark Flier (?????)

Morgan - Valkyrie

Owain - Grandmaster

Kjelle - Paladin

Brady - Berserker (or if I don't need one, War Cleric because those are sick)

Laurent - Dark Knight/Berserker (if I ever need a Berserker I can just slide him over to the class, I'm not too upset over wasting Second Seals)

Yarne - Berserker

Severa - Hero

Nah - Manakete

Noire - Sniper/Hero

Gerome - Wyvern Lord/Berserker

Now my main problem is with Cynthia. Is Dark Flier a good path? Because I don't imagine Chrom has the best Mag mod, but it's what I really want her to end up as.

Also going with this (yep I returns) I was thinking these for endclasses for the kids:

Lucina - Great Lord

Cynthia - Dark Flier (?????)

Morgan - Valkyrie

Owain - Grandmaster

Kjelle - Paladin

Brady - Berserker (or if I don't need one, War Cleric because those are sick)

Laurent - Dark Knight/Berserker (if I ever need a Berserker I can just slide him over to the class, I'm not too upset over wasting Second Seals)

Yarne - Berserker

Severa - Hero

Nah - Manakete

Noire - Sniper/Hero

Gerome - Wyvern Lord/Berserker

Now my main problem is with Cynthia. Is Dark Flier a good path? Because I don't imagine Chrom has the best Mag mod, but it's what I really want her to end up as.

Cynthia does have Tomefaire as a skill option, so... I'd say yes. Also, she does get a positive Mag mod (the only other father that can claim to do this for her, Robin excluded, is Henry).

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Hey guys! Been lurking since my last post a few months back. :-) Just wanted to get some opinions on pairings for NHB and no DLC (using the same team for both). I like playing Apo with different sets so I’ve tried to pair kids who can go both magical and physical. Here’s what I’m thinking (none of the child pairings are set in stone except Avatar x Lucina though):

Probably:

+Mag/-Def Avatar x Sumia!Lucina

Virion!Severa x Libra!Inigo

Chrom!Cynthia x Gregor!Laurent

Can't decide:

Morgan x Lon’qu!Brady or Ricken!Owain

Henry!Nah x Ricken!Owain or Lon’qu!Brady

Stahl!Yarne x Gaius!Kjelle or Gaius!Noire

The kids in bold don't have dads yet and can still be changed around. One of Nah/Noire/Kjelle is getting benched (and definitely Gerome, sorry Gerome!). So two of Nah/Noire/Kjelle still need dads and husbands. (Does that make sense?) Any thoughts?

Hmm, out of those 3, I would probably bench Noire. If Gaius is the only galedad you're using, Kjelle usually wins out on taking the most advantage out of using him. Both Nah and Noire don't need GF as much as Kjelle does, but I would argue that Nah handles not having it much better, as she has a super tanky enemy phase.

So Gaius!Kjelle looks like better of the two, though I'll leave it to someone else to answer if Henry!Nah is any good.

How would a +SPD/-DEF Avatar!Severa/Cordelia!Morgan Valkyrie pair with a Dark Knight pair-up?

I understand that Sage is perhaps a more conventional choice, but Dark Knight allows for greater overall mobility of the double-gale pair (+1 move to the Valkyrie on the pair-up, +2 move for a Dark Knight over the Sage).

Granted, DKs don't have staves, but you could always end your turn with the Valkyrie in the lead and have them rescue.

You could cover 11 squares when rallied with the Valkyrie (8+2 rallies + 1 pair-up) and 10 squares (8 +2 rallies) with the Dark Knight….

+SPD/-DEF Valkyrie Severa/Morgan would have, before skills equipped to herself:

HP: 80 +5 tonic = 85 HP

STR: 32 + 2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies +3 pair-up [generic] = 57 Str

MAG: 42 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies + 7 pair-up [Dark Knight] = 71 Mag

SKL: 43 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies + 3 pair-up [generic] = 68 Skl
SPD: 50 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies + 3 pair-up [generic] = 75 Spd [threshold: doubles Anna]
LCK: 46 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 14 Rallies + 3 pair-up [generic] = 75 Lck

DEF: 28 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies + 8 pair-up [Dark Knight] = 58 Def [threshold: survives Ragnell Paladin's Rightful God Aether]
RES: 44 +2 tonic + 10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies + 6 pair-up [Dark Knight] = 72 Res

Move: 8 + 2 Rallies + 1 pair-up [Dark Knight] = 11 Move

As for the Dark Knight partner, the generic SPD of an unmodified DK is 40, so 40 +10 rallies + 10 Limit Breaker + 2 tonics + 7 [Valkyrie SPD pair-up] = 69, so they'd be able to double all but three of the enemies on the map with a neutral or better mod.

I was imagining that Severa and Morgan and their Dark Knight partner could use their mounted mobility +DK movement pair-up bonus to cover huge amounts of ground, Galeforce killing where needed, then on their third action they could either kill a third floor or act as an extra staff bot, teleporting in allies from 35 squares away before skills (76 MAG once Tomefaire is accounted for, so 38 squares away)

Their skillset could be 1. Limit Breaker, 2. Galeforce, 3. Ignis or Luna, 4. Tomefaire, and 5. Proc stack or convenient skill [for example, Armsthrift, so they only need to hold one weapon in their inventory and can stock up the other four slots with stuff like Rescue, Fortify, Recover, etc. to act as an additional back-up staffer].

What do you think?

Remind me, what skill set should Chrom!Cynthia be running? I was thinking:

Aether

Luna

Lancefaire

Galeforce

Limit Breaker

Yep, though Faires are interchangeable.

How would a +SPD/-DEF Avatar!Severa/Cordelia!Morgan Valkyrie pair with a Dark Knight pair-up?

Very well. Consider using Stahl!Owain and Libra!Inigo for your DKs, they're both good mixed Galeboys with low but nonnegative Spd.

Very well. Consider using Stahl!Owain and Libra!Inigo for your DKs, they're both good mixed Galeboys with low but nonnegative Spd.

Stahl!Owain cannot be a Dark Knight….

Myrmidon, Barbarian, Priest, Cavalier, Archer

You need Mage or Dark Mage to get Dark Knight. He needs to inherit the class.

Henry [Dark Mage], Libra [Dark Mage AND Mage], Ricken [Mage], and Virion [Mage] ca pass down Dark Knight.

Although its generally not a good idea to use multiple faires [because one always is going to waste], in principle Owain and Inigo already have Swordfaire, so anyone gives them Mage will let them get both Dark Knight and the two associated faires [swordfaire + Tomefaire], letting you you choose which one you want.

Brady also is a natural Dark Knight Galeboy through Maribelle giving him Mage.

If one wanted to give him Swordfaire [not that he needs it, he already has Tomefaire], he could get that via: Stahl [+0 Str/+2 Mag], Lon'qu [-2 Str, +3 Str], Gaius [-1 Str, +2 Mag; but he doesn't want to go to Brady], and Gregor [+0 Str/+2 Mag].

Assuming a limit breaker +rally +tonic environment, I don't really need my Dark Knights to have anything better than a +0 SPD mod… 40 SPD from the class + 10 rallies + 10 limit + 2 tonic + 7 Valkyrie pair-up already brings them to 69, so they can already double everything except Anna and the two Nightmare Snipers…. which their Valkyrie wives would be able to address instead.

I'm thinking of going ahead and thematically building my team around two core families: Chrom's family and the Avatar's family….. here's how it would probably go:

6 pairs, 1 Dancer, 2 Ralliers, 5 dedicated non-Rally staffers [note that some of my units in the 6 pairs, notably the Valkyries, will have staff abilities]

This would be more aggressive than I've done in the past [i once did Secret route with 2 double-gales and one single-gale], but I think I could pull it off.

1. Bow Knight Chrom & Dark Flier Sumia

---> Any easy 75 SPD single-Gale pair; Sumia reaches 50 MAG after skills and pair up [42 + 5 tome faire + 3 pair-up = 50]

2. Sage Robin & Dark Flier Cordelia

---> Honestly, I don't really have a good reason to run this over 2nd gens; this is just personal biases/preferences coming. Anyways, Cordelia also ends up at 50 MAG after pair-up [41 + 9 Sage pair-up] and the Avatar gets to support with 46 MAG +5 MAG Tomefaire = 51 MAG [6 more magic than he can bring to bear as a Grandmaster, so 3 more magic damage per dual strike, which adds up to 24 extra damage [8 dual strikes] against the strongest foes like the Thronies]; 69 SPD speed pair

3. Valkyrie Severa & Dark Knight Galeboy;

----> already discussed; Severa gets 75 SPD, the Galeboy exceeds 69 but doesn't hit 75 [except in certain All Stat +2 cases that won't really be needed, as 69 is enough for most foes].

4. Valkyrie Morgan & Dark Knight Galeboy

5. _______ Lucina & Hard Support?

6. ________ Cynthia & Hard Support?

Cynthia/Lucina could contribute as Galeforce Aether+Luna Limitbreak Snipers [Lucina DS+, Cynthia Bowfaire]…. or they could give up Longbows and some stats for the better mobility and extra weapon options of the Bow Knight…. a Berserker pair-up for them would also let them hit 75 [76 as a Bow Knight]. There are also other options, like running them as Dark Fliers, running them as Paladins, etc…. any suggestions here?

Dancer is Olivia, obviousy, I can use a Bonus Box/DLC unit as the Rally Bot [like Katarina], and then I can basically use whomever as staffers….

I could always make Robin take on the Rally duties if I want to replace the Robin/Cordelia pair with an actual 2nd gen pair for higher stats… but I kind of want to have them fighting anyways, just like my first time….

Maribelle naturally gets all the female rallies (except DLC rally Heart]…. Palla is also a rally bot option for her Rally STR, as in Katarina if I recall correctly.

Stahl!Owain cannot be a Dark Knight….

My bad, thinking DF.

Myrmidon, Barbarian, Priest, Cavalier, Archer

Yeah I know

You need Mage or Dark Mage to get Dark Knight. He needs to inherit the class.

I get the picture

Henry [Dark Mage], Libra [Dark Mage AND Mage], Ricken [Mage], and Virion [Mage] ca pass down Dark Knight.

Seriously don't rub it in

Sorry about that… I tend to overanalyze things.

Anyways, would I be better off with Cynthia/Lucina as Snipers or Bow Knights?

Snipers can attack at 3 rank. Bow Knights have +2 movement over Snipers but lower defenses [33 DEF, 31 RES]; they also have an extra weapon type [swords] that would let them act as either Pavise or Aegis targeting units.

An interesting thing about 33 DEF and 31 RES is what values you get when you apply the generic +10 Limit Breaker + 10 Rallies +2 tonics +3 generic pair-up bonuses (for +25): 58 DEF and 56 RES.

These happen to (just barely) break the thresholds for surviving the Ragnell Paladin's Rightful God Aether [(85- 58)+(85-58/2)=83 damage taken] and the Luna+ Celica's Gale Sages: [(70-56/2)x2 =84 damage taken].

Although a default Berserker is 34 DEF and 30 RES, so this only works [if using a Berserker partner] for characters with a -4 DEF mod or a +0 RES mod or better….. [otherwise you die to the Celica Sages; of course, you could just have other units fight them]

Of course, the Sniper could initiate combat from outside of these enemies ranges in the first place.

But the Bow Knight can better keep up with the rest of my units that I'm planning: Dark Fliers are 8 Move, Valkyries/Dark Knights are 8 Move [default; 9 Move with Valkyrie lead and Dark Knight pair-up], and Bow Knights are 8 Move.

Any thoughts?

Or I could use some of their other classes….

Depends on your current Sniper composition. Realistically, you should have at least one (although I run up to 6), so it also depends on your non sniper class amounts. You don't need everyone to be a combat pair, but you also need to make sure your team isn't just bots littered with no purpose.

Edited by Vascela