Should I give Henry to Maribelle, Miriel, or Sumia?

I'm simply playing Lunatic/Lunatic+. Unfortunately where I live, I don't have any wifi, so this locks me out of any and all DLC. :T

How are you on SF then?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I give Henry to Maribelle, Miriel, or Sumia?

How are you on SF then?

If Sumia doesn't have Chrom, then she definitely wants Henry. But usually it's better to start with the females and focus on who they want as husbands, rather than who the husbands want as wives, because there will always be a few bachelors and the females are the ones with kids attached (and with the exception of Chrom and Robin (or ingame), always pair for the kids).

Wifi is not the only way to connect to the internet.

Hmm. You know, I've never looked for feedback on my team before. I have a good idea on what people would think on some of them, but might as well list them all. Not really looking to move peeps around, just some thoughts on what's there.

Chrom x Sully

Lissa x Ricken

Miriel x Freddy

Sumia x MU

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Panne x Libra

Cordelia x Virion

Nowi x Donny

Tharja x Gregor

Olivia x Donny

Cherche x Henry

Redid my pairs a bit, wanted them reviewed if possible.

(*) Denotes 75 speed on pairup, (+) they can still reach 69 as a lead.

Chrom x Sumia --> Dark Flier Lucina (*)

+M -D MaMu on Sage or Grandmaster

+M-D MaMu x Lucina --> Valkyrie Morgan (*)

Ricken x Lissa --> Sage Owain (+)

Chrom x Sumia --> Dark Flier Cynthia (+)

LQ x Mbelle --> Sage Brady (*)

Frederick x Olivia --> Assassin Inigo (+) (***)

Vaike x Nowi --> General Nah

Gaius x Tharja --> Sniper (or Bow Knight) Noire (*)

Henry x Cherche --> Berserker Gerome

Donnel x Sully --> Hero (or Assassin) Kjelle (*)

Stahl x Panne --> Berserker Yarne

Virion x Cordelia --> Wyvern Lord Severa (*) (or dark flier if wanted)

Gregor x Miriel --> Berserker Laurent (or sage if wanted)

Leftovers: Libra, Kellam

*** --> Fred!Inigo does unfortunately fall short of 69 speed in most classes without a +spd pairup, but I think keeping Nah on General instead of a +SPD class like Hero (general gives 5 more damage on lead, 16 on support during a dual strike) is worth running Assassin on Inigo for.

My main issue is both Hero Kjelle and Sniper Noire both hit 74 speed sans AS+2. Assuming I run AS+2 to hit 75 speed (almost definitely will in Noire's case), do weaponfaires or astra typically add more damage?

I don't mind changing anything, but I do want a very strong team and at least one 75 speed sniper.

Edited by CoolCoolCool

though since Olivia and Maribelle are already unsurvivable with Chrom behind them without a proc, that may not count for much

I may disagree a bit. I was trying a 'adults only' apo in my main file (all the characters I use are maxed anyway, I just have Lyn to max stat-wise) and Maribelle was one of my best units with Avatar, Say'ri, Cordelia and Sumia... And she killed her good share of enemies. I run her with Galeforce, LB All+2, Tomefaire and dual support + (or... however the skill is names) and with her 79-post rallies magic (and luck) she was really good at nuking stuff with thorons and Celica's gales. She may not be optimal and I admit that I am quite stubborn in having Maribelle as Lucina's mother (sorry, for me is the pairing I can't leave behind) but she was actually good in my couple of attempts. And my failed attempts are pretty much all 'gone' because either Anna or Tiki died. (I know they're not the best - But when you have to attack apo with first gen only you have to drag even weaker units with you (Poor Cherce, I relegated her as staffbot).)

Anyway... Virion!Severa and Lon'Qu!Noire? Weren't Lon'Qu Severa and Gregor!Noire the best options? (I mean, not considering the galeforce fathers) Geez, looks like things already changed from the last time I've been actually active in this forum..

Edited by Rydia

Posted · Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 8, 2015 - No reason given
though since Olivia and Maribelle are already unsurvivable with Chrom behind them without a proc, that may not count for much

I may disagree a bit. I was trying a 'adults only' apo in my main file (all the characters I use are maxed anyway, I just have Lyn to max stat-wise) and Maribelle was one of my best units with Avatar, Say'ri, Cordelia and Sumia... And she killed her good share of enemies. I run her with Galeforce, LB All+2, Tomefaire and dual support + (or... however the skill is names) and with her 79-post rallies magic (and luck) she was really good at nuking stuff with thorons and Celica's gales. She may not be optimal and I admit that I am quite stubborn in having Maribelle as Lucina's mother (sorry, for me is the pairing I can't leave behind) but she was actually good in my couple of attempts. And my failed attempts are pretty much all 'gone' because either Anna or Tiki died. (I know they're not the best - But when you have to attack apo with first gen only you have to drag even weaker units with you (Poor Cherce, I relegated her as staffbot).)

Anyway... Virion!Severa and Lon'Qu!Noire? Weren't Lon'Qu Severa and Gregor!Noire the best options? (I mean, not considering the galeforce fathers) Geez, looks like things already changed from the last time I've been actually active in this forum..

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 8, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ϲharlie, October 8, 2015 - No reason given

Edit: Holy darn, I am so sorry, my internet connession stuttered and I didn't even realized I had this posted three times, I was just trying to refresh the page D: How do you even delete accidental posts?

Edited by Rydia

Edit: Holy darn, I am so sorry, my internet connession stuttered and I didn't even realized I had this posted three times, I was just trying to refresh the page D: How do you even delete accidental posts?

Just report your own post to a mod for accidental double-posting, you don't get penalized for that.

But uh, "unsurvivable" kind of means that the enemy cannot survive an engagement with them.

I reported, thank you for the suggestion

And... oh! Got it, I apologize for my comment, then, I am not a native english speaker and sometimes I still misinterpret the meaning of some sentences. D:

Is dst+ and 75 speed through berserker enough of a reason to have +mag/-def avatar marry Cynthia and make lucina the royal sniper and have a stronger berserker husband? I find her voice...sandpaper-esque. I was just gonna have Cynthia be the sniper with another character and make lucina the dark flier for the GM pairup, but thought I'd ask in case I'm committing some sort of no holds barred or challenge run egregious sin. Either way, Morgan will still marry her mom's cousin.

Is dst+ and 75 speed through berserker enough of a reason to have +mag/-def avatar marry Cynthia and make lucina the royal sniper and have a stronger berserker husband? I find her voice...sandpaper-esque. I was just gonna have Cynthia be the sniper with another character and make lucina the dark flier for the GM pairup, but thought I'd ask in case I'm committing some sort of no holds barred or challenge run egregious sin. Either way, Morgan will still marry her mom's cousin.

The nice thing is that you can really afford to go Sage or Sniper with Lucina/Cynthia! Since you're not doing a double gale pair, I think marrying Lucina to My Unit is nice for versatility purposes. Either way you're going to have a hard support with Dual Strike, so you might as well go Avatar x Lucina for class flexibility.

Apologies, but I can't remember. Who is traditionally the best husband for Female My Unit and which Asset/Flaw does she prefer? This is assuming that we marry whatever Morgan she makes to Lucina.

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Lucina and Cynthia are pretty much identical as wives for Robin. Morgan is the same; the only difference would be the possibility to get 1 or 2 more Str/Skl/whatever on Lucina's support (if you really need it).

Morgan-M's best father is Yarne (usually Virion or Stahl's). Female Robin's best husband is Chrom. Aside from that, she's very self-sufficient and will turn out pretty much the same with just about anyone.

I think for my main file (probably Lunatic/Lunatic+) as a FemRobin (my normal) I am thinking of romancing Chrom!Inigo. Any other ideas though?

I choose FeMU x Priam because I'm fucking bias and I think Priam!Morgan is awesome. And if anyone says otherwise, fuck you. jk

But jokes aside, if you're aiming for a really good Morgan then ideally it would be more preferable to pair off any 2nd Gen boys for higher mods. And considering that you're gonna end up with a Male Morgan, you may wanna have him pass down Galeforce from your FeMU if your thinking of pairing with Chrom!Inigo. Its up to you though.

Edited by Formerly Colm

Can Morgan marry his aunt?

Ugh, this is definitely a point where aesthetic >>> gameplay

Yes. It's usually a better idea when using a small team as opposed to full deployment at it results in a lot of power being concentrated around a few units.

I choose FeMU x Priam because I'm fucking bias and I think Priam!Morgan is awesome. And if anyone says otherwise, fuck you. jk

My man. I would totallt do that on a Normal/Hard playthrough, and then marry the latest radiant hero descendant to Lucina.

My man. I would totallt do that on a Normal/Hard playthrough, and then marry the latest radiant hero descendant to Lucina.

I've done that on my Lunatic playthrough, took me a while but it was fucking worth it.

What asset/flaw do I want for Female My Unit married to Chrom! Inigo with the resulting Morgan married to Olivia! Lucina?

Am I the only one who finds that a marriage between nephew-aunt is more awkward than a marriage between cousins...? o_0 I'm just saying but w/e.