Everything but +SPD/-DEF asset/flaw is still in the planning phase. I'm starting up a fresh run and am only at Ch. 4; no pairings have been made yet.

As such, my team composition is a plan on paper.

Currently, I have 0 other Snipers in the plan, with Cynthia/Lucina being considered for 0, 1, or 2 Snipers.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm inclined to say both (definitely not zero). Run a dry calc on one of them with a long bow + your strongest pair for the fights expecting need of a long bow (such as the Helswath Zerks). If you can get a clean KO on them only needing one Sniper (consider Dancer on long bow as well), then you probably only need one. Although you should also keep in mind if you want to fight Anna off throne (not limited to V/V), you need to make sure that your long bow output is enough to overcome the heal on Anna's turn. That may or may not require 2 Snipers (but it also might depend on the proc chance + dual strike chance). Or you can just consider only Long Bowing her (which may or may not be turn efficient depending on your team composition and strategy).

Those calcs can involve any attack values you want to cherrypick, just make sure at the end of the day you have proper attack values for certain enemies (Anna, Zerks, and potentially other enemies you preemptively know Sniper poke is more valuable than another attacker at 1-2 range).

Sorry about that… I tend to overanalyze things.

It's fine.

LB affects generic pairup boosts so you never need to worry about getting less than +3 in a stat (except, for some reason, GK's Mag).

I'd probably go with one Sniper and one BK if those are the main classes on the table. Snipers are slightly less mandatory when everything's on the table because, worst comes to worst, Chrom and his wife have guaranteed KOes on everything and he's always deployed, so you can just have them handle any tough enemies. They're still really handy, though, so keep at least one.

Hey everyone! I have spent lot of time reading about the metagame of this game but I finally dare to participate!

Several months ago I made an apotheosis team, it works with or without DLC (But needs rallies). Still, I want some opinions about it because I'll help some friends to beat apotheosis and I want to improve too.

So say "hi" to my team!

+Mag/-Def Male!Avatar@Sage (Armsthrift/Solidarity/Tomefaire/All+2/LB) x Chrom!Cynthia@Sage (Aether/Luna/Tomefaire/GL/LB) (72 Speed)

Ricken!Owain (Luna/GL/Tomefaire/Hit+20/LB) x Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan@Sage (Aether/Ignis/Armsthrift/GL/LB) (74 Speed)

Henry!Brady@Sage (Luna/Tomefaire/Anathema/GL/LB) x Sumia!Lucina@Sage (Aether/Luna/DSt+/GL/LB) (72 Speed)

Gregor!Gerome@Berserker (Armsthrift/Axefaire/Axebreaker/Swordbreaker/LB) x Lon'qu!Severa@Hero (Vengeance/Armsthrift/GL/Lancebreaker/LB) (78 speed)

Stahl!Yarne@Berserker (Axefaire/Hit+20/Swordbreaker/Even Rhythm/LB) X Donnel!Kjelle@Wyvern Lord (Luna/Lancefaire/Armsthrift/GL/LB) (70 speed)

Kellam!Laurent@Sage (Tomefaire/DS+/Tomebreaker/Magic+2/LB) x Gaius!Noire@Dark Flier (Luna/Hit+20/Prescience/GL/LB) (71 speed)

Vaike!Nah@Hero (Axefaire/Axebreaker/Swordbreaker/Armsthrift/LB) x Libra!Inigo@Sage (Vengeance/Armsthrift/GL/Tomefaire/LB) (74 speed)

Chrom@Sniper (Aether/Luna/Bowfaire/DSt+/LB) x Sumia@Sage (Luna/Tomefaire/All+2/GL/LB) (72 speed)

If there is a problem or something, let me know and I'll correct it as soon as possible.

Honestly one of the weirder setups for teams I've seen...

Buy and large, Solidarity is not needed. All it really does is increase the Critical Avoid of units near the Avatar, and criticals begin to delve into the realm of RNG reliance. I assume the Male Avatar will be the back unit, so leaving him with Aggressor over Solidarity may be best. Anathema can optionally replace Armsthrift if you feel that Cynthia won't be able to hit all the time.

Owain doesn't really need Hit Rate +20 since Celicia's Gale and Sages in general are already pretty accurate, so replacing it with Astra will better your chances of not doing nothing when attacking with Owain up front. Morgan is missing Tomefaire in favor of Armsthrift, though I may argue that Armsthrift isn't needed per say, it just makes weapons last longer. Really, you've no reason not to just fill everyones inventories with forged Brave weapons, so if you feel you can drop Arms for Faire, that may increase Morgan's damage output.

Henry!Brady is notably lacking the ability to skill proc (usually he gets Astra from Lon'qu), so I believe Lucina will be the front unit more often.

Gregor!Gerome is completely lacking a hit-increasing skill, so he will very notably be missing a LOT. Usually he would get Anathema from Henry. The setup you have does not cover tome-users and bow-users, so you would need to keep Severa from fighting those weapon users to maximize damage output, though it's already much lower than what it could be thanks to lack of Aggressor and All Stat +2. Severa will probably be the lead unit, but she is already suffering thanks to lack of Luna. She has Astra, but no Luna, and Vengeance will usually not be wanted due to the heavy amounts of damage that will be emassed in Apotheosis if you do get hit. Astra can replace Lancebreaker.

Stahl!Yarne is notably lacking All Stat +2 and Aggressor, so you should replace Swordbreaker and Even Rhythm with them as soon as possible. Donnel!Kjelle as a Wyvern Lord shouldn't have too many problems, though you may faire better with Astra in place of Armsthrift.

Kella!Laurent is... a thing. Replace Tomebreaker with Aggressor though, because he will be hard supporting. Noire as a Dark Flier just doesn't work. She doesn't have any magical ability if she doesn't have Tomefaire, so you are best off placing her in a class that capitalizes more on her physical ability, such as Falcon Knight or Sniper (she has the faires needed for both). Replacing Prescience with the faire and Hit +20 with Astra will work.

Vaike!Nah should theoretically be fine, though I must say you REALLY like breaker skills. Libra!Inigo suffers the same problem as Severa: you didn't give them Luna like they would want, favoring Vengeance instead. As said earlier, Vengeance might not be wanted because you will suffer large amounts of damage in Apotheosis if you are ever hit, and you can't take 2 hits before you are down for the count in most cases. If anything, replace Armsthrift with Vantage on both Severa and Inigo to make it so that they can attack before they are defeated (which because of how Vantage works, you should be capable of downing the enemy in the two attacks you get)

Chrom and Sumia are standard fare.

Man, you REALLY like those breaker skills...

I smell a lack of Aggressor. +10 Atk on your supports translates to +80 damage over the course of 8 swings, which is a big deal.

Functionally, there's no difference between 69 Spd and 74 Spd, so it's a little wasteful of resources to have pairs sitting right below the next threshold. Like, Your Morgan? Why not make her a Valkyrie instead, go up a threshold and get more Mov to boot? And if you give Severa All+2, she could totally switch to a higher Hit Warrior support, or change to Wyvern for more Mov/Atk herself without changing Spd thresholds.

Hey guys, Virion!Severa x Stahl!Yarne -- Sniper x Sniper or Sniper x Berserker? Sniper x Sniper gets 100% DS (exactly! if I did the math right), Sniper x Berserker gets 75 speed for Severa.

Also thanks for the answer earlier Radiant head, I went with Henry!Nah and Gaius!Kjelle :-)

Sorry to keep coming back, but for my Lunatic/Lunatic+ playthrough for my FeMu, I'll need help with pairs... again, sadly.

As far as pairs go, this is what I was thinking -

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Lon'qu/Chrom!Inigo (I'm leaning for Lon'qu because he's always been my husband)

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

The actual only few pairings I have. I'm leaning on Vaike x Tharja but I'm not doing that in case Vaike needs to be freed, because I was also thinking of Ferderick x Tharja.

Hi! I'm trying to optimize for endgame content and have most of my pairings done. Right now I am torn for who to father Gerome (Yarne will get other and probably benched). He will be a backline support unit. The fathers left are Virion, Fredrick, and Kellam. Thoughts?

Edited by Mujuju

Both of them want extra hit, so Virion is ideal. If you're keen on using Gerome, then he'll want Virion so he can be a Bowfaire warrior with hit+20 in a support role. Yarne can do alright with Fred. He really wants the wyvern tree access for skills which Fred gives (and panne doesn't for weird reasons).

Sorry to keep coming back, but for my Lunatic/Lunatic+ playthrough for my FeMu, I'll need help with pairs... again, sadly.

Looks pretty good to me. What part do you need help with? I can answer questions a lot better than I can give general commentary and advice.

Hi! I'm trying to optimize for endgame content and have most of my pairings done. Right now I am torn for who to father Gerome (Yarne will get other and probably benched). He will be a backline support unit. The fathers left are Virion, Fredrick, and Kellam. Thoughts?

Virion!Yarne > Virion!Gerome = Fred!Yarne, and all the others are bad. So really, use Virion!Yarne and bench Gerome.

If benching Yarne is really important for some reason, use Virion!Gerome instead.

Looks pretty good to me. What part do you need help with? I can answer questions a lot better than I can give general commentary and advice.

Well who I should put with who. Out of mothers left I have

Sumia

Maribelle

Lissa

Panne

Nowi

Cordelia

Cherche

Tharja

basically all of the moms... :T

and then for FeMu I haven't decided if I'm going to marry Lon'qu like I always do or Chrom!Inigo

Not a lot to go on, there.

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl

Cord x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Fred/Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

How are these for male MU vanilla Lunatic?

Chrom x Sumia -> GL Lucina, Paladin Cynthia

Lissa x MU -> Grandmaster Morgan, Dread Fighter Owain

Miriel x Gregor -> Sorcerer? Laurent

Maribelle x Henry -> Sage Brady (though tempted to run Axefaire/Bolt Axe War Monk for aesthetic reasons)

Panne x Vaike -> Berserker Yarne

Cordelia x Lon'qu -> Wyvern Lord Severa

Cherche x Stahl -> Warrior Gerome

Olivia x Fred -> Paladin? Inigo

Sully x Donnel/Gaius -> Paladin? Kjelle

Tharja x Gaius/Ricken -> ? Noire

No idea who to pair Nowi with.

Edited by Radiant head

Not a lot to go on, there.

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Gaius/Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl

Cord x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Vaike/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Fred/Vaike/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gaius/Donnel

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Sorry. All I have are

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Lon'qu/Chrom!Inigo (I'm leaning for Lon'qu because he's always been my husband)

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

And the rest I need husbands for. I was leaning for Frederick x Tharja or Vaike x Tharja but I don't know about those so far. Matchup wise...

Virion!Yarne > Virion!Gerome = Fred!Yarne, and all the others are bad. So really, use Virion!Yarne and bench Gerome.

If benching Yarne is really important for some reason, use Virion!Gerome instead.

I was just under the impression that Gerome has a better support skillset, but I can see that Yarne is also great. Gonna go with Virion!Yarne.

Gerome lacks Berserker/Axefaire and can't get it at the same time as Hit+20, Yarne already has the former and can easily get both. Yarne's mods are also generally better than Gerome's (-1 Str and +3 Skl compared to him).

So I've decided on these:

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Lon'qu/Chrom!Inigo (just in case I don't marry Lon'qu, I'll list him with another character)

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Sumia x Henry

Tharja x Frederick

Cordelia x Vaike

That's all I got...

So Lissa, Maribelle, Panne, Nowi and Cherche are still unpaired? Might as well use Libra!Owain, Virion!Yarne, Stahl!Nah, and Ricken!Gerome.

Ricken!Gerome? That's a new one. What's he got?

Well for starters, Ricken!Gerome gets Cavalier, Archer, and Mage sets. And in terms of Mods, Gerome gets +3 in both Str and Magic so you can either run him as a standard Wyvern or make him into a Sage because apparently that is a thing. o_0

Edited by Formerly Colm

He doesn't have Henry so he has to make do with someone else, Ricken gives him both Bowfaire Warrior for a high damage output support, Bowfaire BK for a +3 Spd support, and +3 Mag for TF Sage support. He's pretty versatile, even if he looks weird on paper.

How are these for male MU vanilla Lunatic?

Chrom x Sumia -> GL Lucina, Paladin Cynthia

Lissa x MU -> Grandmaster Morgan, Dread Fighter Owain

Miriel x Gregor -> Sorcerer? Laurent

Maribelle x Henry -> Sage Brady (though tempted to run Axefaire/Bolt Axe War Monk for aesthetic reasons)

Panne x Vaike -> Berserker Yarne

Cordelia x Lon'qu -> Wyvern Lord Severa

Cherche x Stahl -> Warrior Gerome

Olivia x Fred -> Paladin? Inigo

Sully x Donnel/Gaius -> Paladin? Kjelle

Tharja x Gaius/Ricken -> ? Noire

No idea who to pair Nowi with.

Anyone?