Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Chrom!Inigo

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Sumia x Henry

Tharja x Lon'qu

Cherche x Stahl

Cordelia x Virion

Alright i got these pairs up at least... they sound good so far?

Edit: ^Well who's left?

Edited by Ebony

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone?

If Donnel is free, give him to Nah. If Ricken is free, he can go to Nah, or he can trade himself for either Henry or Vaike and then give them to Nah instead. Other than that, looks good.

Also good. Kellam and one of Donnel or Ricken are left.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

If Donnel is free, give him to Nah. If Ricken is free, he can go to Nah, or he can trade himself for either Henry or Vaike and then give them to Nah instead. Other than that, looks good.t.

Alright, guess I'll do Gaius!Sully, Donnel!Nah, Ricken!Noire.

Is Libra!Noire comparable to Ricken!Noire? They sound similar on paper, but I don't see the former get brought up at all.

Alright, guess I'll do Gaius!Sully, Donnel!Nah, Ricken!Noire.

Is Libra!Noire comparable to Ricken!Noire? They sound similar on paper, but I don't see the former get brought up at all.

Ricken!Noire is better than Libra!Noire in my opinion because Libra!Noire just gets Tomfaire as a real useful skill and it'll kill Libra's main selling point as a father (which is Dark Mage). Ricken!Noire isn't that much better than Libra!Noire, but she could do turn into a Sage/Socerer with a Pavis/Aegis and Tomefaire combo, which makes her very hard to kill.

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Chrom!Inigo

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Sumia x Henry

Tharja x Lon'qu

Cherche x Stahl

Cordelia x Virion

Alright i got these pairs up at least... they sound good so far?

Pretty good, though I would replace Lon'qu for Donnel (if you want Noire to get Galeforce) and Virion with Kellam.

EDIT: Recommendations for Ebony's remaining mothers:

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Libra

Panne x Frederick

Nowi x Donnel

Edited by I love fire emblem

Ricken gets Paladin and +1 Mag, Libra gets War Cleric and that's it for differences. Ricken is definitely superior, but not by too much.

Pretty good, though I would replace Lon'qu for Donnel (if you want Noire to get Galeforce) and Virion with Kellam.

Kellam!Severa? That sounds nasty, and you're not even freeing Virion up for anyone. If you really want a Luna/Tomefaire Severa, use Ricken, she's at least somewhat fast and has Sniper to boot. But Virion!Severa is top tier and really would like to stay the way she is.

Donnel!Noire has enough drawbacks that it's worth considering benching Donnel and using someone else, even at the cost of GF.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Kellam!Severa? That sounds nasty, and you're not even freeing Virion up for anyone. If you really want a Luna/Tomefaire Severa, use Ricken, she's at least somewhat fast and has Sniper to boot. But Virion!Severa is top tier and really would like to stay the way she is.

Donnel!Noire has enough drawbacks that it's worth considering benching Donnel and using someone else, even at the cost of GF.

Damnit I read it wrong, I thought she said Cherche x Virion not Cordelia x Virion, but I'm giving her the suggestion of leaving Ricken free for Lissa and I think Kellam is a better father for Severa than Virion.

Damnit I read it wrong, I thought she said Cherche x Virion not Cordelia x Virion, but I'm giving her the suggestion of leaving Ricken free for Lissa and I think Kellam is a better father for Severa than Virion.

either way Virion is better

Kellam is only even okay on Inigo, and even then he has Frederick (who no one else wants)

I think I would go as far as to say that Kellam is overall the worst father in the game

either way Virion is better

Kellam is only even okay on Inigo, and even then he has Frederick (who no one else wants)

I think I would go as far as to say that Kellam is overall the worst father in the game

Eh I would say that Virion and Donnel are just as bad if not worst fathers than Kellam. Donnel is a really situational father when he's not being used for Galeforce and Virion for me does not make any optimal children, the best he could make children that are decent.

Kellam is a worse Frederick, who's a worse Stahl.

If only we could clone Stahl in this game.

Every mother but Sully wants him to be the father of their children.

If Donnel is free, give him to Nah. If Ricken is free, he can go to Nah, or he can trade himself for either Henry or Vaike and then give them to Nah instead. Other than that, looks good.

Also good. Kellam and one of Donnel or Ricken are left.

Well I have Frederick left too... Donnel, Frederick, and Ricken. I could swap out Lon'qu for Frederick and go:

Tharja x Frederick

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Ricken x Lissa

Nowi x Donnel

unless you find a way to keep Lon'qu as Tharja's husband and the others are decent, idk

Eh I would say that Virion and Donnel are just as bad if not worst fathers than Kellam. Donnel is a really situational father when he's not being used for Galeforce and Virion for me does not make any optimal children, the best he could make children that are decent.

Virion doesn't make any optimal children? His Yarne is tied best with Stahl, and his Brady and Severa are tied best with Lon'qu. Few fathers can say they're the best for one child, let alone three. Only Henry really beats him as a father in general, he's one of the best in the game.

Chrom x Olivia

FeMu x Chrom!Inigo

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Sumia x Henry

Tharja x Lon'qu

Cherche x Stahl

Cordelia x Virion

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Libra

Nowi x Donnel

Or

Tharja x Frederick

Lissa x Libra

Maribelle x ?

Nowi x Donnel/Vaike

... Hmm...

I'd probably go with All+2 and Swordbreaker as the optional skills, yeah. Lucky 7 isn't very good in Apo because it stops working by the time you need it.

... Hmm...

The first option doesn't leave Maribelle choosing between bad and bad, so is probably better. Unless you wanted to exchange Vaike for Lon'qu or Virion and give them to Brady, that is.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Every mother but Sully wants him to be the father of their children.

Donnel at least makes Kjelle really good and Noire pretty good, and Virion is one of, if not the the best father in the game. Kellam only even reaches sorta decent levels on one kid, and even then he's easily replaced.

What's the best skill to hand down to Ricken!Laurent from Ricken?

I am not sure if I am benching him or not.

Also what should Frederick give Cynthia?

ETA: I'm doing a normal casual run so it might not matter as much but I would still like to know please :D:

Edited by TheSilentChloey

If you want to use Laurent as a frontliner, give him Luna. He can pick it up himself, but might as well save the grinding. If he's a back-liner, then just pass whatever you want.

Fred should pass Luna to Cynthia. Alternatively you could pass Aegis to protect her from bows, but I think Luna is more handy.

If you want to use Laurent as a frontliner, give him Luna. He can pick it up himself, but might as well save the grinding. If he's a back-liner, then just pass whatever you want.

Fred should pass Luna to Cynthia. Alternatively you could pass Aegis to protect her from bows, but I think Luna is more handy.

I was thinking of passing down Aegis to Cynthia (because bows are annoying to pegasus knights) and I think that she can get Luna herself (through a lot of grinding). Or not that much depending on what Frederick gives her. I think that it is a toss up. Give Cynthia Luna (the lance) to use while she has Aegis or have it as a skill slot with Cynthia grinding to get it. Alternatively I could have Fred give her Aegis and Sumia give her Luna saving a huge amount of grinding. I am not sure if I want to finish Cynthia as a Dark Flier or a Falcon Knight. Does Frederick allow her to be a decent Falcon Knight or not really?

So Luna is the best skill if Laurent is going to be up front then? I'll have a lot of grinding ahead for Ricken then :XD: I am thinking of Miriel passing down a troubadour related skill but I will have to have a look and see which one I will hand down (either valkyrie or troubadour, certainly not a rally skill bescuase I don't use rally strategies). I think Laurent might be a mixed unit...that is somewhere in the middle, not quite up front, but not in the back either. If that helps at all.

Virion doesn't make any optimal children? His Yarne is tied best with Stahl, and his Brady and Severa are tied best with Lon'qu. Few fathers can say they're the best for one child, let alone three. Only Henry really beats him as a father in general, he's one of the best in the game.

Donnel at least makes Kjelle really good and Noire pretty good, and Virion is one of, if not the the best father in the game. Kellam only even reaches sorta decent levels on one kid, and even then he's easily replaced.

When I said Galeforce, I meant that he makes a good Kjelle and Noire. On the subject of Virion, I guess it's just an unpopular opinion that I find him the worst (you could call me dumb and I won't care). I also find Kellam to be the fifth best father in the game, fourth being Ricken, third is Frederick, second is a tie between Stahl and Gregor, and first is Gaius.

But Virion gives speed mods though...he's awesome for Virion!Brady... ;-;

I know he gives great speeds mods, but I honestly think that all of the children just want one class from him and he is always going to miss something, whether it be Galeforce or Luna.

Uh, not everyone wants those. Yarne and Gerome will never be able to pick up Galeforce anyway, and as hard supports, they won't make use of Luna. They will make use of +Hit though. And then you have Brady, who already has a complete package and just wants mods.

Ranking fathers in a vacuum sounds pointless to me, considering how situational all of them are, except for maybe Stahl.

Edited by Radiant head