So then who's the best second gen wife then? I know I'm planing a Lucina x maMu but I am curious :XD:

For Apo, I'll vote for Aversa!Morgan or Lon'qu!Noire!Morgan. As far as partners specifically for MaMU (and completely disregarding Morgan), it would handily be Lucina.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Apo, I'll vote for Aversa!Morgan or Lon'qu!Noire!Morgan. As far as partners specifically for MaMU (and completely disregarding Morgan), it would handily be Lucina.

Aversa is not second gen :D: I was asking about child units only Aversa is a spot/street pass character.

Need suggestion for male Robin playthrough on Lunatic classic and Apotheosis secret path...

I'm doing +Mag/-Def avatar for him and here is the pairing I have in mind:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Gaius x Tharja

Stahl x Cordelia

Henry x Cherche

Libra x Olivia

Gregor x Miriel

Vaike x Nowi

Donnel x Sully

Frederick/Kellam/Virion x Panne -- I'm kinda into Fred!Yarne since he gives him Luna,DG+ and Lance/Swordbreaker though he doesn't give any selfhealing skills like Kellam (Renewal) or Virion (Lifetaker).

Robin (+Mag/-Def) x Lucina

Laurent x MorganF

Owain x Nah

Yarne x Kjelle

Gerome x Noire

Inigo x Severa

Brady x Cynthia

I'm also not too sure with the 2nd gen pairing so any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Frederick/Kellam/Virion x Panne -- I'm kinda into Fred!Yarne since he gives him Luna,DG+ and Lance/Swordbreaker though he doesn't give any selfhealing skills like Kellam (Renewal) or Virion (Lifetaker).

Forget procs (do nothing in the back) and self-healing skills (do nothing in the back, and you should use staffbots for healing anyway), all Yarne truly wants is a +Hit skill. Virion is so much better than those other two it's not even funny.

For the main game you should just grab Lucina, Cynthia, Laurent and Morgan (and maybe Nah if you want to be greedy). Get the rest caught up with DLC.

Forget procs (do nothing in the back) and self-healing skills (do nothing in the back, and you should use staffbots for healing anyway), all Yarne truly wants is a +Hit skill. Virion is so much better than those other two it's not even funny.

For the main game you should just grab Lucina, Cynthia, Laurent and Morgan (and maybe Nah if you want to be greedy). Get the rest caught up with DLC.

I see... so maybe finally I will use Virion in my game xD

What if I switch:

Virion x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Severa

Stahl x Panne

and the kids:

Owain x Cynthia

Brady x Nah

Edited by FE Newbie

I see... so maybe finally I will use Virion in my game xD

What if I switch:

Virion x Maribelle

Lon'qu x Severa

Stahl x Panne

and the kids:

Owain x Cynthia

Brady x Nah

Severa will be a lot better, Yarne and Brady will be pretty much the same.

So, is lon'qu severa and virion Brady the preferred arrangement?

Another longer winded question, what is the analysis of these pairs? Attempting a no holds barred run first, then if possible some more challenging runs. Want to know how these will work for the first, and then if they'll still hold up for more challenging runs. I've asked about them before, but yoshi was gone, and I'd like to get his take now that he's back.

Chrom x sumia

Frederick x Olivia

Gaius x sully

Virion x maribelle

Lon'qu x cordelia

Henry x cherche

Stahl x Panne

Vaike x tharja

Donnel x nowi

Mamu +def/-mag x lucina (gmaster and df?)

Gregor x miriel

Ricken x lissa

I could use some advice on kid pairs, who helps who and such. Baseball season happened and I'm trying to catch up to where I was.

As always, thanks guys, you guys on here are awesome.

text

Lissa huh? Honestly, I've always been a big fan of her too. I thought she was precious and always my second go to girl. +Speed for a good mod or would there be a better one?

Another longer winded question, what is the analysis of these pairs? Attempting a no holds barred run first, then if possible some more challenging runs. Want to know how these will work for the first, and then if they'll still hold up for more challenging runs. I've asked about them before, but yoshi was gone, and I'd like to get his take now that he's back.

Chrom x sumia

Frederick x Olivia

Gaius x sully

Virion x maribelle

Lon'qu x cordelia

Henry x cherche

Stahl x Panne

Vaike x tharja

Donnel x nowi

Gregor x miriel

Ricken x lissa

I could use some advice on kid pairs, who helps who and such. Baseball season happened and I'm trying to catch up to where I was.

Czar will probably give you the more helpful advice, but those all sound solid to me. People usually say Nah doesn't want a Galedad like Donnel as much as Kjelle and Noire do, but it should work fine. Vaike gives Nah some good alternative builds.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

What does Cherche want to pass down to Gerome? I'm thinking Deliverer right now. I could go through Valkyrie and pass DS+, since Gerome will be in the back seat, but is it really worth the trouble of putting Cherche into a magic class where she will do terrible for 15 levels?

Edited by Radiant head

What does Cherche want to pass down to Gerome? I'm thinking Deliverer right now. I could go through Valkyrie and pass DS+, since Gerome will be in the back seat, but is it really worth the trouble of putting Cherche into a magic class where she will do terrible for 15 levels?

In all honesty, I'd do it if you're going to do postgame. Gerome can wait if need be, and DS+ is, like you said, pretty good for him. Valkyrie is painful, but I think it's worth it.

Chrom x sumia

Frederick x Olivia

Gaius x sully

Virion x maribelle

Lon'qu x cordelia

Henry x cherche

Stahl x Panne

Vaike x tharja

Donnel x nowi

Gregor x miriel

Ricken x lissa

Generally, the three non-Galeforce girls - Kjelle, Nah, and Noire - form a sort of triangle with Gaius, Donnel, and Vaike. While most combinations of those kids and dads will work fine, most people do Donnel!Kjelle, Vaike!Nah, and Gaius!Noire. From what I've heard, Nah functions better without Galeforce than the other two, but they'll honestly all be fine whatever way you do it.

Can't say I know much about Virion!Brady, but everything else looks solid.

On that note, I've got Maribelle, Miriel, Libra, Fred, Virion, and Kellam unpaired as of right now. Which dads should I use?

Edited by aeroblast

Optimal-wise, Donnel!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire, and Vaike!Nah are the most logical, though aesthetic-wise, I'm more comfortable doing Donnel x Nowi, Gaius x Noire, and Vaike x Sully. It's a compromise that doesn't hurt too badly, I hope.

Deliver if you're not grinding and are looking just to finish the campaign.

Then it depends on daddy.

Gregor. Planning to pass Axefaire because I'm too lazy to reclass Gerome out of the Wyvern tree.

In all honesty, I'd do it if you're going to do postgame. Gerome can wait if need be, and DS+ is, like you said, pretty good for him. Valkyrie is painful, but I think it's worth it.

Alright.

They're pretty interchangeable and will be good at the same things. I prefer them the other way around because I just like Virion!Severa, but either way you're going to wind up with a 75 Spd Wyvern and a 75 Spd Sage.

Chrom x sumia

The best of the best

Frederick x Olivia

Probably the best use of Fred if you want to keep him on.

Gaius x sully

Top tier. Pair with a Berserker and be a Wyvern or Paladin for maximum performance.

Virion x maribelle

Pretty standard. Make sure to use a Dark Flier pairup.

Lon'qu x cordelia

Wyvern with Vengeance. Top tier.

Henry x cherche

Hex/Anathema Berserker. Goes best with Severa/Kjelle.

Stahl x Panne

Hit+20 Berserker. Goes good with Noire/Cynthia/Severa/Kjelle (if Severa, going for 100% DS Hero x Sniper is also a possibility).

Vaike x tharja

Non-GF Sniper. Uses LB/All+2/AT/Luna/Astra and a Berserker support.

Donnel x nowi

I'm not a fan of it, Nah will have GF and nothing else. She can generally make herself more useful as a soft support, though Libra and Kellam aren't very good for that.

Hope you mean +Mag/-Def. If so, good, otherwise not. Morgan really wants to be a Valkyrie with LB/GF/TF/Aether/Ignis and have a GF Sage support. Owain is best here.

Gregor x miriel

Hex/Anathema Berserker or Sage. Goes well with Cynthia/Noire/Severa/Kjelle, but remember that Hex won't work at range.

Ricken x lissa

Standard. Goes with an 8-Mov magical girl for best results.

Lissa huh? Honestly, I've always been a big fan of her too. I thought she was precious and always my second go to girl. +Speed for a good mod or would there be a better one?

Always use +Spd/-Def for Robin x Lissa. Morgan's ability to retain a +5 Spd mod (and get +3 Mag on the side) is a big part of what keeps this pair on the table.

most people do Donnel!Kjelle, Vaike!Nah, and Gaius!Noire.

Optimal-wise, Donnel!Kjelle, Gaius!Noire, and Vaike!Nah are the most logical

Most people are also unaware of how much better Kjelle gets when upgrading from Donnel to Gaius. Noire has plenty of things she can do without Gaius, Kjelle can only get slower.

So since I'm obviously shitty and the game won't let me lesbian marry Lissa I'm going to redo a MaMU run with a marriage that'll look something like:

Chrom x Olivia (sorry, I got too attached to this pairing, though I admit I'd give it up if needed)

MaMu x Lissa

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Due to... reasons...

tumblr_nczm809Ai01r5lfkbo1_500.gif

Gregor x Miriel

Sumia x Henry

Donnel x Sully (I know said above Kjelle can "upgrade" but I honestly prefer Donnel on her... aesthetically as shallow as that is, and I typically make her a Hero anyway)

... and the rest are open. Sumia is the one I'm most open to compromising with.

Edited by Ebony

Czar will probably give you the more helpful advice, but those all sound solid to me. People usually say Nah doesn't want a Galedad like Donnel as much as Kjelle and Noire do, but it should work fine. Vaike gives Nah some good alternative builds.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I kinda figured that with Vaike going to Noire and the only remainders being Libra, Kellam, and Donnel, GF may be ok there. She probably wasn't going to get much use once the main story is over anyway. Just as an in game type of thing. Maybe Libra or Kellam would be a good alternative so she could be a support to someone. Thoughts czar?

text

Ok, that helps a LOT. And yes, I did mean +mag/-def. I was on mobile and didn't see that. I will play around with pairings based on what you said and come back with any more questions. Thanks!

How are these pairings?

Chrom x Olivia
Chrom!Inigo x FemMU
Stahl/Lon’qu x Cordelia
Vaike x Sully
Libra/Lon’qu x Lissa
Donnel x Nowi
Gaius x Tharja
Virion x Cherche
Ricken x Maribelle
Henry x Sumia
Gregor x Panne
Kellam? x Miriel

I kinda figured that with Vaike going to Noire and the only remainders being Libra, Kellam, and Donnel, GF may be ok there. She probably wasn't going to get much use once the main story is over anyway. Just as an in game type of thing. Maybe Libra or Kellam would be a good alternative so she could be a support to someone. Thoughts czar?

Yeah, sacrificing GF is still sacrificing GF so if you're not getting anything out of it you might as well do it. A bad Nah with GF is still better than a bad Nah without GF.

Chrom x Olivia

OK. The kids aren't as foolproof as sibling Lucina/Cynthia though so make sure to put them somewhere useful.

Chrom!Inigo x FemMU

Depends on Asset/Flaw. If using +Spd/-Def then Hero x BK would work well.

Stahl/Lon’qu x Cordelia

Lon'qu is very good.

Vaike x Sully

Bleah. Kjelle takes not having GF worst out of her, Noire and Nah.

Libra/Lon’qu x Lissa

Libra is better, Owain wants either Luna or Vengeance.

Donnel x Nowi

See my post on the last page.

Gaius x Tharja

Situationally good. Works best in Sniper x Sage or BK x Berserker.

Virion x Cherche

Good if you have a pair that can take a +0 Spd support, but I'm not seeing many of those. Severa is your best bet, but then she won't be able to run Wyvern.

Ricken x Maribelle

OK.

Henry x Sumia

Also just OK. Might go well with Brady as a generic DF x Sage pair.

Gregor x Panne

Still just OK. Gregor doesn't give Yarne the +Hit he really wants, try Stahl instead.

Kellam? x Miriel

Meh, Kellam is a bad dad. If Gregor gets freed up, use him instead.

after some thought, I rearrange some of my planned pairing and just completed chapter 4 on Lunatic classic so here is the new pairing I have in mind:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Virion x Maribelle --never done this before but with Virion's hair color Brady will be more CO0L I guess xD

Donnel x Tharja --never done this before because I usually do Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Stahl x Panne

Henry x Cherche

Libra/Frederick? x Olivia --I don't know which best for him...help me decide

Gregor x Miriel

Vaike x Nowi

Gaius x Sully --same reason with Donnel x Tharja

Robin (+Mag/-Def) x Lucina

Owain x MorganF

Laurent x Cynthia

Gerome x Kjelle

Yarne x Severa

Inigo x Nah

Brady x Noire

so what do guys think with said pairing above?

Edited by FE Newbie

Actually I am curious, you seem to act like Sumia x Chrom is the pairing. Can I know the reasons why?

I almost always do Chrom x Olivia in my other playthrough but at the end (Apotheosis) Olivia will always be a dancer... then I pair Sumia with Chrom though they only have A-support lol so for a little change I think I might do Chrom x Sumia this time.

Actually I am curious, you seem to act like Sumia x Chrom is the pairing. Can I know the reasons why?

In the context of Apo only...

The first bit comes with how much versatility the kids have: their +5 Spd mod, coupled with a Berserker support (or Hero/BK) is enough to hit 75 Spd as a Sniper or Paladin. It also gets Dark Flier there with a Dread Fighter or Grandmaster support. Cynthia also gets Aether, which is pretty much the best thing that could happen to her, damage-wise. Both Cynthia and Lucina also pair very well with Robin, and Morgan benefits greatly from the deal as well with a +Str/Skl/Mag asset (running Paladin/Sniper of her own, or Wyvern/Valkyrie). On top of that, thanks to Luna Sumia is Chrom's best wife for Apo combat by quite a margin (though since Olivia and Maribelle are already unsurvivable with Chrom behind them without a proc, that may not count for much). Finally, Sumia's limited pairings give Cynthia few other choices- if she could get, say, Virion as a dad, she'd be very happy and not as dependent on Chrom, but as-is she has to choose from either several super-high-demand dads (Robin, Gaius, Henry), the last of which doesn't even make her fast, or Fred, who is slow.

Basically it gives Chrom his best wife (outside of Robin), gives Lucina as much Spd as she can use (she has no tangible benefit from Robin's +6 (unless she went Falco with a +0 support, but why would you do that)), gives Cynthia everything, creates two parents who can give Morgan everything (only Sumia, Cordelia, Lon'qu/Virion!Severa, Gaius!Kjelle and Lon'qu!Noire stack up), and has no drawbacks.

Even though Inigo likes having Chrom as a dad, he doesn't like it as much as Cynthia does. The main situations where Chrom x Sumia get overruled tend to occur because male Robin likes Chrom having a son (for Morgan to marry) on limited deployment, but for some reason fairly few people play that way so it doesn't come up often.

Thank you. So then it looks like

Chrom x Sumia

MaMu x Lissa

Frederick x Olivia

Lon'qu x Cordelia

Henry x Cherche

Gregor x Miriel

And the rest... are honestly up for debate...

I always do Chrom x Sumia, though I find the idea of Swordfaire Lucina to be reaaaally tempting.

Does Gerome not have any good fathers that give him DG+ to go along with DS+?

Edited by Radiant head

I always do Chrom x Sumia, though I find the idea of Swordfaire Lucina to be reaaaally tempting.

Does Gerome not have any good fathers that give him DG+ to go along with DS+?

... Stahl?

And yeah Swordfaire Lucina I enjoy.