How is Gregor!Noire? I was already planning on Cherche x Vaike, Lissa x Ricken, and Cordelia x Lon'qu.

She's like Henry!Nah with Merc instead of Tomefaire. It's kind of awkward since she can't properly run Valkyrie that way (though admittedly only Morgan can properly run Valkyrie), so she'll most likely wind up as a Hero or BK (Gregor gives her a nice set of Faires, so she'll want to put them to use to make the most of him).

Sniper works instead, of course. She'll want All+2 and a Sage support, and might go with a Luna/Astra procstack instead of Vengeance.

Who's worse, Kellam!Inigo, or Virion!Inigo?

I really wish Kellam was worse since Virion!Inigo has so many cool side perks, but unfortunately at the end of the day he lacks a proc from Virion, so Kellam wins. Barely. If you can do enough math to prove the loss of Luna is negligible (such as pair him with Lucina and demonstrate him having a guaranteed 6HKO on Thronie and thus everything), then he's the first dad I'd consider for a procless Inigo.

While we're talking about Virion, here, I would also really like to see a Virion!Cynthia. She'd lack a procstack, but would have the rare 75 Spd Dark Flier or could be another epic Wyvern (and neither of those have room for procstacks anyway).

Wait, are Frederick and Kellam the usual choice of "1st gen units who will not be fathers"?

Kellam is always left in the dust. Fred is often there too, but he sometimes switches place with Donnel, Gregor and Libra. Seeing anyone else childless on an optimized team is really rare.

As for if 2nd gen Morgan is being used: those kinds of teams almost always run low deployment, so there are usually quite a few bachelors.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up with Fred x Panne, only because I was too lazy to train her as a Wyvern (combining with the fact that she can't pass it down to Yarne for some reason...?) and Fred just happens to fill the gap with Knights and Cavaliers set.

tl;dr: I don't really care about Yarne tbh. Hell, I don't even know if Fred!Yarne is terrible. Wouldn't be surprise if it is.

Edited by Formerly Colm

Who's the best father for Severa aside from Virion? Since I'm running a VirionxCherche pairing for my current playthrough and probably will only have between Gauis or Gregor ( I don't know who else can marry Cordelia that won't already be paired up with my current pair ups)

[spoiler=Pairs List Fem Playthrough/maMU Playthrough]

maMU x Lucina/Chrom x fem MU

Vaike x Maribelle

Ricken x Miriel

Donnel x Nowi

Henry x Tharja

Stalh x Sully

Libra x Olivia/Chrom x Olivia ~Rightful King Indigo?

Lon'qu x Lissa

Frederick x Sumia

Virion x Cherche

??? x Panne

???x Cordelia

Lon'qu and Vaike are both great (if you use Vaike, make sure to pass down Axefaire). Between Gaius and Gregor, Gaius is better for the high Spd, but neither of them are particularly good.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Who's the best father for Severa aside from Virion? Since I'm running a VirionxCherche pairing for my current playthrough and probably will only have between Gauis or Gregor ( I don't know who else can marry Cordelia that won't already be paired up with my current pair ups)

[spoiler=Pairs List Fem Playthrough/maMU Playthrough]

maMU x Lucina/Chrom x fem MU

Vaike x Maribelle

Ricken x Miriel

Donnel x Nowi

Henry x Tharja

Stalh x Sully

Libra x Olivia/Chrom x Olivia ~Rightful King Indigo?

Lon'qu x Lissa

Frederick x Sumia

Virion x Cherche

??? x Panne

???x Cordelia

Use Stahl or Lon'qu for Cordelia.

Question: This might sound weird, but does Anathema work even if the unit bearing it is in the back of a pair-up?

It just hit me that I placed Anathema on Gerome without really placing any regard as to if it still works, even when I keep him primarily as the back unit of a Pair Up.

Lon'qu!Cordelia is great aesthetic-wise, because she looks like a the tsundre from another piece of Japanese fantasy fiction.

IMO, Vaike!Severa or Libra!Severa's hair colors seem to fit Severa more if going for the whole Tsundere thing...

And if you father her via the Avatar or Virion, she can potentially be Severa Miku :D

Edited by Xenomata

Question: This might sound weird, but does Anathema work even if the unit bearing it is in the back of a pair-up?

It just hit me that I placed Anathema on Gerome without really placing any regard as to if it still works, even when I keep him primarily as the back unit of a Pair Up.

It does.

IMO, Vaike!Severa or Libra!Severa's hair colors seem to fit Severa more if going for the whole Tsundere thing...

And if you father her via the Avatar or Virion, she can potentially be Severa Miku :D

More so than tsundre thing itself, I meant she specifically looks like another character that I liken her to already.

Another question: Does Gerome not want dual guard plus if he's in the back seat?

It does.

Okay thank you.

Okay then, I'm preparing for Lunatic+, and so far this is what I have laid out for the children and general pairing of units.

Some things are similar to my Lunatic run (I can't help that they worked so well this time round), but a few things changed, including the classes of many of the children.

Avatar is planned to be set to Speed Asset, Defense Flaw. Final class is planned to be Hero.

Currently unsure what I want the avatar doing, though overall I think I will set him as Speed Asset, Defense Flaw, Final Class: Hero. This doesn't really capitalize on raw power, simply keeping it at average, but what it does do is keep the avatar at a high point in Skill and Speed without ruining his power output. Though his defensive ability isn't exactly the best, its better than Swordmaster, and given his choice of wife I don't think he will be suffering all that much.

[spoiler="Child Unit plans (Lunatic+)]
Lucina x Gerome
Sumia!Lucina: Sniper. Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike+, and Bowfaire. Bowfaire can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Henry!Gerome: Berserker. Axefaire, Anathema, Dual Support+, Strength +2, and filler. Limit Breaker can be filler, All Stat +2 can replace Strength +2, and Aggressor can replace Dual Support+
Front Unit: Lucina. Basically the same as last time, but with more focus on keeping Gerome in the back as opposed to swapping every once in a while.
Kjelle x Laurent
Donnel!Kjelle: Hero. Galeforce, Swordfaire, Astra, Luna, and Renewal. Renewal can be replaced with Limit Breaker
Gregor!Laurent: Assassin. Swordfaire, Dual Support+, Anathema, Filler skills. Armsthrift and Limit Breaker can fit here.
Front Unit: Kjelle. Laurent without Galeforce hurts his useability, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good back unit. The only problem here is that Assassin and Berserker provide similar pair up bonuses, and the final vote is on whether I want him to be capable of being high powered, or if I want him to sometimes be able to strike down Flying units in a Dual Strike. In the end, I voted with the latter since Bows, while he lacks the proper weaponfaire for bows, are not included in the Weapon Triangle, which means I can worry about that with Kjelle. Hero Kjelle is standard.
Cynthia x Owain
Chrom!Cynthia: Dark Flier. Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Tomefaire, and Renewal. Renewal can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Ricken!Owain: Sage. Galeforce, Astra, Luna, Tomefaire, and Lifetaker. Lifetaker can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Front Unit: Owain. The exact same as before, but Owain now has Luna.
Severa x Inigo
Avatar!Severa: Wyvern Lord. Galeforce, Weaponfaire, Astra, Luna/Ignis, and Lifetaker. Lifetaker can be replaced with Limitbreaker
Stahl!Inigo: Assassin. Galeforce, Swordfaire, Astra, Luna, and filler. Can be either Armsthrift or Limit Breaker.
Front unit: Severa. I could have given Inigo the Hero class, but Assassin provides a smaller boost to speed, so I went with it instead. Shame that Swordmaster is outclassed by Assassin in most aspects, otherwise I would think that SM!Inigo and WL!Severa were a match made by heaven...
As for Severa not having a specific Faire, I'm torn between Lances and Axes. She can run either one without issue, she just can't run both thanks to limited skill slots... Axes have more power, but lances won't miss.
Female Morgan x Brady
Cordelia!FeMorgan: Sorcerer or Valkyrie. Galeforce, Tomefaire, Astra, Luna/Ignis, and Lifetaker. Lifetaker can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Lon'qu!Brady: Sage. Galeforce, Tomefaire, Astra, Luna, and Lifetaker. Lifetaker can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Front Unit: Either. I don't see much difference between the two aside from that magic stat. Morgan's str mod is wasted, but I feel like she works best as a magical unit anyways. Morgan can be either Sorcerer or Valkyrie, with the difference being in speed and the tomes Morgan can use, as well as Pair-up bonuses.
Noire x Yarne
Gaius!Noire: Sniper. Galeforce, Bowfaire, Astra, Luna, and Lifetaker. Lifetaker can be replaced with Limit Breaker.
Virion!Yarne: Berserker. Axefaire, Hit Rate +20, 3 filler skills. These skills can become Aggressor, Limit Breaker, and All Stat +2, otherwise filler.
Front Unit: Noire. Same as Lucina x Gerome, but with a few skills changed around.
Benched unit: Nah.
Reason: I like Nah. I fully admit that. However, her only father left over from the small pool I had left was either Vaike or Libra. Either one can work very well, but buy and large Nah can't do much with the limited pool of classes and skills she has. Nah is the unit I know people bench, and I think I don't have much choice here, though I guess if Tiki ever wants a friend...

Not exactly a pairing question, but do people usually put Galeforce on Chrom's wife before the Lucina chapter, or grind DF with Lucina?

Didn't see this get answered. Typically the wife gets it before getting Lucy in no grind.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with Stahl!Severa's hair?

I mean it's nowhere near as good as Lon'qu's or Vaike's, but it looks fine tbh

I would use Stahl for Cordelia but his bowfaire is needed elsewhere and aesthetically I prefer Vaike so that's generally her dad for me.

Am I the only one who doesn't see a problem with Stahl!Severa's hair?

I mean it's nowhere near as good as Lon'qu's or Vaike's, but it looks fine tbh

You aren't.

Lon'qu!Cordelia is great aesthetic-wise, because she looks like a the tsundre from another piece of Japanese fantasy fiction.

Are you perhaps referring to the love of my life

tumblr_ncyjwm9Rpb1rhndafo1_250.gif

Just throwing out there to say that also I run Gregor!Severa for the most possible canon red-hair btw. So yeah... o3o

Ehh, is that a decent pairing? It seems redundant at one point but...

Noo, Stahl!Severa's hair is hideous. Stay far away from her on aesthetics runs.

Hey!! don´t stop people using this pais just because of the hair color!! is not as bad as you say, and support wise i think barring the avatar she will only love him and Gregor, so that´s a plus for an awesome Severa, i always do Stahl!Severa and she´s awesome no matter what.

Hey!! don´t stop people using this pais just because of the hair color!! is not as bad as you say, and support wise i think barring the avatar she will only love him and Gregor, so that´s a plus for an awesome Severa, i always do Stahl!Severa and she´s awesome no matter what.

Well, he said on "aesthetics" runs. Which I kind of want to do now.

Use Stahl or Lon'qu for Cordelia.

I'm using Lon'qu for Owain and Stahl for Kjelle :/ I had that locked in since their supports with Lissa and Sully respectively. As I mentioned the only two that are left is Gregor or Gaius.

Given that Gregor gives the closest hair colour to Severa's cannon, I totally agree with Gregor! Severa. Gauis is just a bleh organge on her, though he does hand down a good speed stat aparently (based on what I've been reading) :XD:

Edited by TheSilentChloey