• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred makes Severa and Gerome really bad though...

If you're referring to the main game, I would like an explanation as to why you think they're really bad. Now if you're referring to apo, I have never played apo so I don't include it in my explanations (though considering this has recently been mostly about apo, i'm not sure why I still keep coming here currently).

Well outside of Apo, literally any pair will work, so that's probably why that's the only criteria.

Fred!Gerome is only good at one thing, being a Luna PavGis tank. In Apo, there's no such thing as a tank, so his only role is to be a hard support with a faire and accuracy boost, and Fred doesn't give him any of that.

Well outside of Apo, literally any pair will work, so that's probably why that's the only criteria.

Fred!Gerome is only good at one thing, being a Luna PavGis tank. In Apo, there's no such thing as a tank, so his only role is to be a hard support with a faire and accuracy boost, and Fred doesn't give him any of that.

Makes since, i'll play Apo one day in the future. Though from what i've seen from Apo runs, it looks like Lunatic+ on one map and I have played (and dreaded) Lunatic+ before.

I generally assume people are talking about Apo with no restrictions unless otherwise specified, yes.

Apo is a good deal easier than Lunatic+ because you don't have random levelups to contend with (meaning you can do all your battle calcs beforehand) and already have access to Braves, S supports, Rescue and all the skills beforehand. Enemies get Dragonskin and high stats to compensate, but it really isn't enough since there's also a lot less Counter and the map is very large with enemies spread out and not on aggro (so you never get zerged).

I generally assume people are talking about Apo with no restrictions unless otherwise specified, yes.

Apo is a good deal easier than Lunatic+ because you don't have random levelups to contend with (meaning you can do all your battle calcs beforehand) and already have access to Braves, S supports, Rescue and all the skills beforehand. Enemies get Dragonskin and high stats to compensate, but it really isn't enough since there's also a lot less Counter and the map is very large with enemies spread out and not on aggro (so you never get zerged).

Alright thanks for the information (no wonder I hated that run).

Is apo scaled based on the difficulty you choose, or is it always the same?

Also what should Donnel!Kjelle be for final class to help mitigate the spd nerf? I know Gaius!Kjelle is better, but I was finding pairing Tharja to be a massive headache without Gaius on the table, so I'm going to just roll with this and we'll see if I regret it or not.

Edited by Radiant head

Alright thanks for the information (no wonder I hated that run).

Sounds like this is as good a time as any to plug KTT's Lunatic+ Resetless run. It's a good demonstration of how it's possible to deal with Lunatic+'s rubbish in a nogrind setting, and seeing the mode brought to its knees is pretty cathartic to anyone who it's kicked around before (assuming we get a good run, earlygame is still very shaky). They're done at 7pm PST on Fridays.

Is apo scaled based on the difficulty you choose, or is it always the same?

Technically, yes, but the difference is so minimal (one forge on one Axe that you'll likely never get hit by) that it's not worth mentioning.

So for all intents and purposes, no.

Sounds like this is as good a time as any to plug KTT's Lunatic+ Resetless run. It's a good demonstration of how it's possible to deal with Lunatic+'s rubbish in a nogrind setting, and seeing the mode brought to its knees is pretty cathartic to anyone who it's kicked around before (assuming we get a good run, earlygame is still very shaky). They're done at 7pm PST on Fridays.

I'll definitely check it out, thanks.

I can't say, it's pretty much impossible to compare different children with the same father because they're so, well, different. There's a ton of context involved, too, like who their other options are- Vaike? Gerome does better with Henry, Stahl? Nah does better with Henry, etc.

Makes sense.

So it looks like MU!Owain has the same Dread Fighter str cap as Ricken...though Ignis really does a great job of making him physically useful anyway.

In general, I'm confused for how MU's child mods even work.

Check the Mods page in my sig. Basically different assets add mods to your total and flaws subtract a smaller amount of the same stats- so a Mag asset, for example, would give +4/2/2 Mag/Spd/Res and a Mag flaw would give -3/1/1 of the same stats.

Assets always add +8 (one 4 and two 2s) and flaws always subtract -6 (one 3 and two 1s). HP is a little different because there's no HP mod so it gives a general boost, but nobody ever uses +/-HP so it doesn't matter much in the first place.

Chrom x Sumia

FeMu x Priam

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Lissa x Henry/Stahl

Tharja x Lon'qu

Cherche x Stahl/Henry

Cordelia x Virion

Olivia x Frederick

Maribelle x Libra

Nowi x Vaike

Panne x Ricken

I gave it a hard think, how do these sound?

Lissa and Cherche can go either way. Though Gerome probably benefits more from Henry than Owain does.

Panne x Ricken is kind of ehh, but I figure you're purposefully shaking it up, so I guess it could work. Not sure Yarne will want those mods.

I'd swap Ricken for Stahl. Better mods on Yarne, and Gerome/Owain will be about the same.

Unless, of course, headcanons.

Chrom x Sumia

FeMu x Priam

Gaius x Sully

Gregor x Miriel

Lissa x Ricken

Tharja x Lon'qu

Cherche x Henry

Cordelia x Virion

Olivia x Frederick

Maribelle x Libra

Nowi x Vaike

Panne x Stahl

Welp, thank you guys. Finally got the pairings. -w- I'll need help later down the line for classes besides the usual Bahsahkahs... and Paladin Kjelle, but that's about it that I can think of.

Something I ran across while second guessing all of pairs like I do with everything.

When it comes to boots and deliverer, how should these things be distributed? Say I'm running Virion!Severa as a Sniper with Berserker Stahl!Yarne. That is only 6 move. Should I use up a skill slot for deliverer instead of all plus 2 to get her two extra move? Also, is it ever a good idea to give someone with 8 move, ie valkyrie Morgan, boots to get to 10 move? Or are you better off giving the boots to severa and saving the skill? It seems tempting to circumvent the need for boots considering severa only runs vengeance instead if a proc stack and keep the boots for someone like Brady who may not have the room.

Valkyrie Morgan would have 8

Wyvern Kjelle would have 8

Dark flier lucina would have 8

Sage Brady could take boots and have 8 or use deliverer

Sniper Cynthia could take boots and have 8

severa could use deliverer when a Sniper and take it off when a wyvern

Inigo can go hide in a corner and be berated by his dragon wife for not being as fast as the others and wish noire didn't pair with Brady so well as the only free dark flier.

Is this something? Or do you not need that much mobility?

Edit: I'm also assuming that Olivia would love some new boots as a dancer.

Edited by Bunselpower