I wish Vaike' s sons could inherit mercenary..

I want my Owain to have armsthrift.

I know, if my Brady could have Armsthrift I would just be so happy.

Alright, back with another question on a non-optimal pairing. This is one I unfortunately wasn't able to do much work with because for some strange reason his parents just got stat-screwed like you wouldn't believe. ... And then so did he. [/rage]

So, any tips on having a Lon'qu!Gerome?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He have Vantage and Sage >_>

... Sage?

His parents' magic stat is terrible... :\

... Although now that I think about it, he does have Movement +1 and Deliverer, which added to a flying class gives him 11 movement un-rallied, and up to 13 rallied.

Any advice for the classes of my Libra!Brady and Henry!Owain?

Damn auto-correct hates me. It put Spain instead of Owain :sweatdrop:

Edited by Sorin

Thanks guys, your opinions helped a lot.

I know, if my Brady could have Armsthrift I would just be so happy.

Alright, back with another question on a non-optimal pairing. This is one I unfortunately wasn't able to do much work with because for some strange reason his parents just got stat-screwed like you wouldn't believe. ... And then so did he. [/rage]

So, any tips on having a Lon'qu!Gerome?

With Lon'qu, Gerome makes a pretty sick assassin, having 54 STR, 61 SKL, and 59 SPD with LB. I'd go for LB/Swordfaire/Astra/Vantage and either Sol or Lethality for the last skill. If you want him to stay on Minervy-kins back, then i'd just take away swordfaire and take both Sol and Lethality.

Not lethality.

Any advice for the classes of my Libra!Brady and Henry!Owain?

Damn auto-correct hates me. It put Spain instead of Owain :sweatdrop:

Libra!Brady- Sage or Sorcerer

Henry!Owain- Mine's a Dread Fighter, but also good as sage, trickster, Dark knight, and sorcerer

Not lethality.

Henry!Owain- Mine's a Dread Fighter, but also good as sage, trickster, Dark knight, and sorcerer

Oh ok thank you.

Is Donnel better for Kjelle or Noire?

Their hair colors would match well, for both official artworks..

Who's more deserving of Donnel as a father? Stat-wise.

Kjelle. Noire can have Gaius. Kjelle gets more options from Donnel, and Gaius is helpful for Noire as a sniper, or a dark flier.

Edited by Duck

I wish Vaike' s sons could inherit mercenary..

I want my Owain to have armsthrift.

I wish Owain were a female, period. Then Vaike would clearly be his best father and I wouldn't have to waste Ricken on him every time. Luna? Check. Merc Line? Check. Inherits three classes? A SPD mod greater than +1? Check. Sure, Vaike kinda completely takes a shit on Lissa's offensive mods, but it'd be worth it.

Libra!Brady is an incredibly shitty Sorcerer. Sage is better.

Is Donnel better for Kjelle or Noire?

Their hair colors would match well, for both official artworks.

Donnel ruins Kjelle's stats less, though Donnel!Noire does have some solid options. Kind of a meh Sorcerer, but you can use Armsthrift + Double Bow to take out a lot of enemies, although I don't think she'd be able to one-round the Apotheosis Snipers. Stahl!Severa/Chrom!Inigo could probably fulfill the role better. Donnel!Noire's also probably an alright Dark Flier too, though she's slower than any Cynthia. Valkyrie is also a solid choice for her. Gaius!Kjelle is solid. Though, Gaius is pretty solid with a lot of kids--Cynthia, Laurent, Brady, Yarne/Gerome, Nah, to a lesser extent Severa (i.e. worse than Lon'qu so don't ever do it).

Gaius!Noire + Donnel!Kjelle minimizes the damage Donnel does, and maximizes Vantage and Galeforce efficiently. Noire won't terribly miss Armsthrift, and gets solid mods and classes to work through most of them, while Donnel!Kjelle's class set becomes absurdly wide and +2 SPD is bearable. Noire will miss Valkyrie, though.

Edited by Canto

How can a sorcerer be shitty? The main reason I don't use them is because I thought they were too OP.

Because he has none of the tools to abuse the class except maybe Luna? He doesn't have Armsthrift, or Sol, or Vantage, or even something like PavGis. And if we're talking Apo then offense > Nosfertanking. He could probably pull off a skirmish set with Waste or do Mire sniping, I guess, but being in the Sorcerer class with +1 SPD will hurt. Edited by Canto

Donnel!Kjelle can hit 45 speed as a Bow Knight using AS+2. Noire cannot. That's about their only statistical difference.

In terms of class overlap, Donnel!Kjelle is significantly better.

So I made a comment asking for advice and the interent ate it :( let's try this again.

I'm trying to figure out husbands for a few of my units. I already have a few people paired off and four people that I know I'm paring together anyways.

The grils that need husbands are:

Maribelle

Nowi

Olivia

&

Cherche

These are the pairings I already have to show you who is taken:

Chrom/Sumia

Stahl/Lissa

Miriel/Vaike (I know this isn't a great one but I just had too -_-)

Sully/Virion (this one too :I)

Cordy/Lon'qu

Gaius/Tharja

I am currently working on Panne/Libra and my female MU will be marring Henry because I want a magically impressive Morgan.

The biggest thing I want to avoid is paring Donnel with Nowi because I want a Nah with good tanking ablities and decent hitting power - and I know that Donnel's stats cap early.

I think that's it.

Thank you!

So I made a comment asking for advice and the interent ate it :( let's try this again.

I'm trying to figure out husbands for a few of my units. I already have a few people paired off and four people that I know I'm paring together anyways.

Maribelle

Nowi

Olivia

&

Cherche

Chrom/Sumia

Stahl/Lissa

Cordy/Lon'qu

Gaius/Tharja

I am currently working on Panne/Libra and my female MU will be marring Henry because I want a magically impressive Morgan.

The biggest thing I want to avoid is paring Donnel with Nowi because I want a Nah with good tanking ablities and decent hitting power - and I know that Donnel's stats cap early.

I think that's it.

Thank you!

Frederick is good for Gerome since he gets Luna, Aegis, Pavise, and dual guard+ if you want to make him a supporter (which hes great at). Plus his stat mods work perfectly in Gerome's favor.

Also I'd go either Gregor, Libra, or Henry for Maribelle. Go Gregor if you want great skills like vantage and armsthrift or go Libra/Henry if you want a very powerful Sorcerer (Only thing is its hard to tank this way without armsthrift). Unfortunately you can't get both vantage/vengeance, but all fathers I mentioned are great since Brady already has a nice skill pool. Henry is probably the better choice of Libra though since there is less class overlap.

Also why do you say Donnel's stat modifiers affect Nah's tanking ability? He's gives her +5 defense and +2 resistance which is pretty helpful.

Edited by Trisket

Maribelle

Nowi

Olivia

&

Cherche

Chrom/Sumia

Stahl/Lissa

Cordy/Lon'qu

Gaius/Tharja

I think that's it.

Thank you!

If you absolutely need Libra x Panne:

Frederick x Olivia

Donnel x Nowi (Donny's stats do not matter when passing to Nah, and he gives a strength and a defense mod, as well as galeforce, so he IS your best option.)

Gregor x Cherche

Henry x Maribelle

Ricken x FeMU (This will give a more magically impressive Morgan than Henry!Morgan)

If you're willing to change Libra x Panne:

Libra x Olivia

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Panne

Donny x Nowi

Henry x Maribelle

Ricken x FeMU

I would recommend the bottom set over the top.

Edited for Gregor.

Edited by Duck

If you absolutely need Libra x Panne:

Frederick x Olivia

Donnel x Nowi (Donny's stats do not matter when passing to Nah, and he gives a strength and a defense mod, as well as galeforce, so he IS your best option.)

Gregor x Cherche

Henry x Maribelle

Ricken x FeMU (This will give a more magically impressive Morgan than Henry!Morgan)

If you're willing to change Libra x Panne:

Libra x Olivia

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Panne

Donny x Nowi

Henry x Maribelle

Ricken x FeMU

I would recommend the bottom set over the top.

Edited for Gregor.

I feel like using gregor for panne would be a waste of armsthrift (since i like using yarne as a taguel) and gimping yarne of luna. Frederick offers much better stat modifiers and skills for yarne imo. I'd keep Gregor x Cherche so he can make use of that armsthrift while keeping a great strength mod. Lol that totally goes against what I said last in my other response. If you want them both to have luna then id go Stahl x Panne and Frederick x Cherche.

I feel like using gregor for panne would be a waste of armsthrift (since i like using yarne as a taguel) and gimping yarne of luna. Frederick offers much better stat modifiers and skills for yarne imo. I'd keep Gregor x Cherche so he can make use of that armsthrift while keeping a great strength mod. Lol that totally goes against what I said last in my other response. If you want them both to have luna then id go Stahl x Panne and Frederick x Cherche.

Um, the only mod Yarne needs is strength, which is the same as Fred's, and Gregs also gives 2 skill. AT is not a waste, because taguel is a terrible class, and Gregor!Yarne is one of, if not the best berserkers in the game. I suppose it could work well either way, I mean I use Fred!Yarne and Gregor!Gerome, but I prefer zerker Yarne.

Thank you :) and thanks for the info re: Donnel - I had read else where that he wasn't great but you've confirmed my belief that I should go ahead with it anyway, esp since I love them together.

I do some parings based on how I feel about their suppots sometimes and that's why I was doing Libra/Panne. And I was doing Henry/MU over MU/Ricken just because I really really wanted to see their supports.

I feel like using gregor for panne would be a waste of armsthrift (since i like using yarne as a taguel) and gimping yarne of luna.

I also like keeping them taguel's so this advice is A+ (I just feel bad about reclassing them oops)

Thankfully I haven't married Panne yet so I'll pair her off with Fredrick - since that seems cute in my mind, instead of Libra, stick Libra with Oliva, and use Donnel with Nowi. Cherche I'll pair off with Gerome.

Which just leaves Maribelle, who I supose I could pair off with Ricken again because I usually use Brady as a Sage anyway.

Edited by queen_insane

Um, the only mod Yarne needs is strength, which is the same as Fred's, and Gregs also gives 2 skill. AT is not a waste, because taguel is a terrible class, and Gregor!Yarne is one of, if not the best berserkers in the game. I suppose it could work well either way, I mean I use Fred!Yarne and Gregor!Gerome, but I prefer zerker Yarne.

Doesn't Yarne get Barbarian by default (instead of Wyvern Rider)? Gerome does not, so I prefer Gregor!Gerome and Frederick!Yarne, especially since if I want to use Gerome I'd rather he not have gimped Spd.

Re: Donnel - His caps aren't very good, and Donnel!Nah will be slow (she'll be pretty tanky, though, if she can avoid getting doubled).

I'd say:

Maribelle x Stahl or Gregor

Nowi x Donnel

Cherche x Gregor (or Stahl, I guess)

Olivia x Libra or Ricken

Panne x Frederick

Thank you :) and thanks for the info re: Donnel - I had read else where that he wasn't great but you've confirmed my belief that I should go ahead with it anyway, esp since I love them together.

Haha no problem :) I'm glad I could help

Doesn't Yarne get Barbarian by default (instead of Wyvern Rider)? Gerome does not, so I prefer Gregor!Gerome and Frederick!Yarne, especially since if I want to use Gerome I'd rather he not have gimped Spd.

He does, I'm just saying that Gregor!Yarne is specifically a good berserker.

Armthrift

Oh wait, Armthrift sux

Sol

Oh wait, Sol is useless especially in Apo

Speed mods!

46 Zerker 48 Assassin w/Fred is high enough

Come to think of it, that's a very good question

esp Considering that Frederick allows Yarne to get every Wyvern skills, notably Lance Breaker(for Anna if you want to) and Sword Breaker