Armthrift

Oh wait, Armthrift sux

Actually, now that I think of it, this is really true for everyone except Sorcerers and Sages (because of Aversa's night and Cecilia's Gale) because the best weapons are brave weapons and you can easily buy them. Huh,so armsthrift really is crap for everyone who doesn't use magic :/

Now I'm thinking about doing maribelle!gregor because of this. Ideas?

Edited by Trisket

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy Celica's Gales relatively easily as well; all you have to do is buy them one at a time off Celica's SpotPass team.

I like Armsthrift a lot though, because I'm really lazy WRT grinding money for forges and grinding Legendary Weapons (mostly Ragnell, for when I want a Sword-locked character to be able to counterattack at 1-2 range).

Anyways Gregor!Brady is pretty solid, although if you're serious about Nosfatanking you'd probably want Gregor!Laurent or something, for Sorcerer (especially for Vantage-Vengeance).

So guys so I've been thinking I think think I cam up with some pretty great pairings:

Stahl!Severa

Lon'qu!Brady

Gregor!Noire (Amzing Amrsthrift/Vantage/Vengeance Sorcerer, and I'm playing on lunatic+ so I kinda need this)

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Nah

Let me know you thoughts

Edited by Trisket

Noire would love to have Galeforce AND Vantage, and only Gaius can give her that.

And if you're playing on Lunatic+ then you probably won't use any kids that aren't Avatar's kids, except maybe Lucina. Unless of course you're grinding, in which case you'll stomp the difficulty no matter what pairings you have.

Nah care considerably less about anything Gaius can give her...but Gregor!Noire is okay for VV tanking, although she might not be as helpful for Apo.

Alright, trying out an experiment here:

This morning I started a new file with Female!Avatar (her name is Mimi), and I'm pairing her with Gregor!Yarne and my goal is to see how ridiculously powerful Male!Morgan will be. He'll be a berserker as his final class, and since STR is Mimi's asset and Panne and Gregor give Yarne some great STR, Male!Morgan will definitely be a powerhouse. It helps that I think Yarne's a pretty cool guy, so I'll enjoy this pairing.

Other pairings I'm using:

Chrom/Olivia

Frederick/Lissa

Ricken/Cherche

Gaius/Sumia

Gregor/Panne (self-explanatory)

Henry/Sully

And for postgame, if I decide to continue on:

Kellam/Miriel

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Virion/Cordelia

Stahl/Nowi

Donnel/Tharja

Edited by ZMeister

So i want to start a new file with mostly optimised pairings and i need some help with them, as i have a few limitations. Maybe i should mention that this will be a grinding file for postgame mostly and i will probably buy apotheosis and want to try it with this file. Hard mode because lunatic is a pain and i like to relax while playing Fe. ^^

I want to play with a female Avatar who is going to marry Stahl, so that excludes one of the better dads for the other children .__.

The other pairings i currently have are:

Chorm x Olivia
Sully x Donnel
Tharja x Gauis

Then i want Owain to keep his swordhand, because i would hurt me too much taking it away from him. So is Dark Knight (or Dread fighter? though i don't have this dlc (yet)) a good compensation for still having acess to swords but not letting Lissa's magic mod go to waste? And keeping this in mind who is a good dad for him, or is he better of beeing completly physical if i want a sword handeling Owain?

I really liked how Gregor!Gerome turned out in one file, so how is this pairing? Or is Gregor better of with someone else?

I partially do care for haircolores, so a wierd haircolor on Yarne would be .. uh well wierd ^^' (however i am really interested how Virion!Yarne would look)

Oh and nice supports would be a plus, but this not really necessary (will grind some in this file anyways)

So everything else is pretty much wide open and looking at all the other optimasation topics my only problem seems to be Cordelia, who is paired with Stahl most of the time, so how do I switch pairings around while still having good results?

OH and it would be nice if you could say in what class the childern should be, however i like it when they are in a class from thier original class tree, but this is not really necessary ^^

@Trisket

Hmm...just a thought. If Yarne really wants the Wyvern Rider line and Fred could potentially be used elsewhere, why not just pair off Panne with Virion? Yarne doesn't really need an offensive proc (considering he is mostly relegated to support). Plus, if his pairing wants Dual Guard+ (its effect I found can be quite minimal at times), I'm pretty sure whoever he's paired with will most likely have access to it or have a slot available for it...Just my two cents on the matter.

So guys so I've been thinking I think think I cam up with some pretty great pairings:

Stahl!Severa

Lon'qu!Brady

Gregor!Noire (Amzing Amrsthrift/Vantage/Vengeance Sorcerer, and I'm playing on lunatic+ so I kinda need this)

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Nah

This is a good setup and all, but how will the rest of your pairings look? Just curious.

Chorm x Olivia

Sully x Donnel

Tharja x Gauis

Then i want Owain to keep his swordhand, because i would hurt me too much taking it away from him. So is Dark Knight (or Dread fighter? though i don't have this dlc (yet)) a good compensation for still having acess to swords but not letting Lissa's magic mod go to waste? And keeping this in mind who is a good dad for him, or is he better of beeing completly physical if i want a sword handeling Owain?

I really liked how Gregor!Gerome turned out in one file, so how is this pairing? Or is Gregor better of with someone else?

I partially do care for haircolores, so a wierd haircolor on Yarne would be .. uh well wierd ^^' (however i am really interested how Virion!Yarne would look)

Oh and nice supports would be a plus, but this not really necessary (will grind some in this file anyways)

I'd say Virion!Yarne would be your best option for him. If you want a mixed Owain, Henry is the best. You can have Lon'qu with Miriel or Cordelia. That would leave Frederick for Sumia, but it might be a good idea to do Frederick!Owain and Henry!Cynthia, for physical Owain and magical Cynthia.

Would Cynthia be a good FalcoKnight with Freddy as her father?

or would she be a better Dark Flier?

Well, she would have more strength as a falcoknight, but dark fliers are always better because of magic.

And last but not least:

Chrom/Olivia

Frederick/Lissa

Ricken/Cherche

Gaius/Sumia

Henry/Sully

Kellam/Miriel

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Virion/Cordelia

Stahl/Nowi

Donnel/Tharja

Why Henry/Sully, Ricken/Cherche, Gaius/Sumia, and Virion/Cordelia? Or are you just trying some new stuff?

Edited by Duck

Chrom/Olivia

Frederick/Lissa

Ricken/Cherche

Gaius/Sumia

Henry/Sully

Kellam/Miriel

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Virion/Cordelia

Stahl/Nowi

Donnel/Tharja

The problem with this pairing is the lack of Galeforce, and a generally inefficient pairs

Gaius is the best Cynthia, but it is not efficient in term of Galeforce, so if you insist to use this, you need to settle on having only 1 more Galeforce

Tharja does not use Donnel as much as Sully IMO, since the latter have Vantage instead of lolarcher. I think Sully is a better investment over Nowi and Tharja

Virion and Cordelia is hard to justify because Severa kinda needs Luna or Vantage. Still, you can run get Deliverer, Vengeance, Tomefaire, LB, Galeforce as a compensation

Kellam Miriel is very class inefficient because Kellam's selling points which is Knight + Thief is not that useful on Laurent, and he already have Sage

"Would Cynthia be a good FalcoKnight with Freddy as her father?

or would she be a better Dark Flier?"

DF is put simply a better class than Falco beside the fact that Falco can use Rescue Staff. This extends to every child with every father who can access this class

"If Yarne really wants the Wyvern Rider line and Fred could potentially be used elsewhere, why not just pair off Panne with Virion? Yarne doesn't really need an offensive proc (considering he is mostly relegated to support). Plus, if his pairing wants Dual Guard+ (its effect I found can be quite minimal at times), I'm pretty sure whoever he's paired with will most likely have access to it or have a slot available for it...Just my two cents on the matter."

This is actually a solid points. For example, Yarne can run HR+20, Deliverer, a Breaker, Limit Breaker, and a filler

Why Henry/Sully, Ricken/Cherche, Gaius/Sumia, and Virion/Cordelia? Or are you just trying some new stuff?

I'm trying out new stuff. I don't really give a crap about which is most efficient. I'm just playing to see how certain pairs go.

The problem with this pairing is the lack of Galeforce, and a generally inefficient pairs

Gaius is the best Cynthia, but it is not efficient in term of Galeforce, so if you insist to use this, you need to settle on having only 1 more Galeforce

Tharja does not use Donnel as much as Sully IMO, since the latter have Vantage instead of lolarcher. I think Sully is a better investment over Nowi and Tharja

Virion and Cordelia is hard to justify because Severa kinda needs Luna or Vantage. Still, you can run get Deliverer, Vengeance, Tomefaire, LB, Galeforce as a compensation

Kellam Miriel is very class inefficient because Kellam's selling points which is Knight + Thief is not that useful on Laurent, and he already have Sage

I'm not playing for efficiency... >_>

Noire would love to have Galeforce AND Vantage, and only Gaius can give her that.

And if you're playing on Lunatic+ then you probably won't use any kids that aren't Avatar's kids, except maybe Lucina. Unless of course you're grinding, in which case you'll stomp the difficulty no matter what pairings you have.

Nah care considerably less about anything Gaius can give her...but Gregor!Noire is okay for VV tanking, although she might not be as helpful for Apo.

Gregor!Laurent over Gregor!Noire. Noire can get galeforce from Gaius, so you might as well keep the VV sorc and get another galeforce attacker.

Ok, well seeing that I can only give galeforce to 2 kids out of Nah, Noire, and Kjelle using Donny and Gaius, who would you say is most effective with galeforce?

@Trisket

Hmm...just a thought. If Yarne really wants the Wyvern Rider line and Fred could potentially be used elsewhere, why not just pair off Panne with Virion? Yarne doesn't really need an offensive proc (considering he is mostly relegated to support). Plus, if his pairing wants Dual Guard+ (its effect I found can be quite minimal at times), I'm pretty sure whoever he's paired with will most likely have access to it or have a slot available for it...Just my two cents on the matter.

This is a good setup and all, but how will the rest of your pairings look? Just curious.

I didn't pick frederick for Wyvern rider I picked him for his other two classes which give him aegis/pavise/luna/dual guard+

And here, this is the best I got right now:

Stahl!Severa

Lon'qu!Brady

Gregor!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Nah

Vaike!Gerome (he will be support therefore he doesnt need anything more than axefair/LB/dual support+ which he gets from this set up. Plus his strength is absurd)

Libra!Lissa

Chrom!Inigo - already done

Olivia!Lucina - already done

Ricken!Laurent (He is also support with dual support+ at his side) -Already done

Frederick!Yarne

Laurent!Morgan -already done

Henry!Cynthia

I might alternatively go:

Vaike!Nah

Gaius!Noire

Kellam!Yarne

Frederick!Gerome

I'm seriously not sure on anything yet.

Edited by Trisket

Ok, well seeing that I can only give galeforce to 2 kids out of Nah, Noire, and Kjelle using Donny and Gaius, who would you say is most effective with galeforce?

Noire and Kjelle. Galeforce and Luna is probably the most potent player-phase strategy in the game, and those two come pre-installed with it. More specifically, Gaius!Noire has the advantage of using Gaius the most efficiently, seeing that she wants and gets both Galeforce and Vantage (Kjelle only gets the former, sons and Cynthia get only the latter). Donnel!Kjelle, while a bit slow, has the widest class set possible in the game, and Vantage isn't wasted.

Noire and Kjelle. Nah is really slow, doesn't get a natural Luna (and no GF-giving dads give Luna as well), and has a pretty bad class set, so she can't make very good use of Galeforce.

Alright thanks guys, I totally didn't take into account Kjelle and Noire already had Luna so ill go Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire. So, what would make the best choice for Nah? I was thinking either vaike or kellam.

I didn't pick frederick for Wyvern rider I picked him for his other two classes which give him aegis/pavise/luna/dual guard+

Believe me when I say that Yarne does not necessarily need any of those. Aegis and Pavise aren't exactly great defensively as they both can easily be replaced by Vantage. Trigger rate is one issue for Aegis and Pavise, while Luna+ on enemies is another. Plus, Yarne doesn't have all the tools necessary for tanking on enemy phase (namely Vantage and Sol). He can't take advantage of Luna due to lack of Galeforce and he'll most likely be filling in for support. Not to mention, Dual Guard+ doesn't stack and its effect is more minimal than Dual Strike+ due to the differences in how Dual Guard and Dual Strike are calclated. If having the skill is a problem, you can always pair Yarne up with someone who has access to Dual Guard+ and just have her hooked with it so that the effect would essentially be the same.

For Yarne and Gerome, being support means being an absurdly powerful class like the Berserker and hitting enemies fast and hard from behind the scenes for crazy damage. This requires you to have a reliable accuracy and trigger rate for Dual Strikes. Hence, where Virion comes into play. He gives a nice bonus for Skill and +20 Hit, which Berserkers surely appreciate due to them struggling in that area. Take into the account that Yarne also gets Axefaire, Swordbreaker, Agressor, and Limit Break for some serious accuracy and damage. You don't necessarily have to agree with me on this one, but it's just something to consider. From personal experience, Dual Strike is more important than Dual Guard to minimize the damage you receive.

If you want an effective way for Gregor!Yarne to tank (if you ever want to pull him out of support), it'd be with Vantage and Sol as a Berserker. The logic here is, you already do a lot of damage as Berserker. If you get damaged and Sol procs, you're just about gaining back whatever you lost (don't try this on Apotheosis). Plus, Vantage is icing on the cake if you ever fall below half health. Other than that, go with Frederick!Yarne, if you wish. No one's stopping you.

And here, this is the best I got right now:

Stahl!Severa

Lon'qu!Brady

Gregor!Noire

Donnel!Kjelle

Gaius!Nah

Vaike!Gerome (he will be support therefore he doesnt need anything more than axefair/LB/dual support+ which he gets from this set up. Plus his strength is absurd)

Libra!Lissa

Chrom!Inigo - already done

Olivia!Lucina - already done

Ricken!Laurent (He is also support with dual support+ at his side) -Already done

Frederick!Yarne

Laurent!Morgan -already done

Henry!Cynthia

Everything looks good to me. But a word of caution, if you want to run Gaius!Nah, your setup will have to look something like this: Vaike!Kjelle, Donnel!Noire, and Gaius!Nah. I like this setup because it balances out each child; however, for reasons stated above, if you really want something that's truly optimal, go with Gaius!Noire. Unlike Nah, Noire has the mods for Galeforce. Speed is important for doubling enemies and getting that x4 attack with Brave Weapons, a condition that's very important for setting up Galeforce plays.

If it helps, as it's already been mentioned, here are the changes that can be made: Vaike!Nah, Gaius!Noire, and Gregor!Gerome.

Edited by kDog214

I haven't done this for a while, but why not

Berserker STR: 50

Axe: 15

65 + 10(Limit) + 10(Rally) = 85

Slap Axefaire for 90

Slap AS+2 for 92

Slap STR+2 and you get 94

94 - 70 = 24

12 x 4 = 48

32 more damage!

99(Fred!Yarne) - 70 = 29

14 x 4 = 56

24 more damage!

Both of these are calculated against A+ DS Sniper with 70 Defense >_>

Edited by JSND

Alright thanks guys, I totally didn't take into account Kjelle and Noire already had Luna so ill go Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire. So, what would make the best choice for Nah? I was thinking either vaike or kellam.

I'd probably go with Vaike. Both pass Knight/Thief, but Vaike gives her Sol and Armsthrift and makes Nah a bit faster and stronger. I might reclass her into a Hero.

---

Also, I'd like to ask for a bit of pairing help myself. I'm planning a future run where the general theme is 'off-the-wall pairings that I've never done before in my other files but are still pretty effective.' It's a little tough to get a team that is entirely different each go-around, but I try to do what I can.

There's a few wrinkles that I'll mention, though.

-Lon'qu and Virion must be married off.

-Can't do pairings that I have on my other files. (Lissa/Ricken, Fred, Donnel) (Sully/Donnel, Libra, Henry) (Miriel/Lon'qu, Kellam, Frederick) (Sumia/Henry, Gaius, Chrom) (Maribelle/Libra, Gregor) (Panne/Gregor, Stahl, Ricken) (Cordelia/Stahl, Virion, Vaike) (Nowi/Gaius, Donnel) (Tharja/Gregor, Gaius) (Olivia/Chrom, Libra) (Cherche/Frederick, Stahl, Ricken)

Tentatively, this is what I have so far.

Locked/Can't be changed

Chrom/Avatar

Lissa/Henry

Miriel/Gaius

Sumia/Frederick

Nowi/Vaike

Cherche/Kellam (I have done this before, but it's not on any of my other files and I'd like to do it again.)

Very likely, but open to change

Tharja/Stahl

Olivia/Virion

Otherwise, everything else is open. Go wild.

Edited by HeoandReo