• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Sumia's case, it's a magical DS (when she's in the back (or if DF Chrom supports)), which kind of is unusual. If she was locked to physical, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but as is she has quite a bit of potential.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

In Sumia's case, it's a magical DS (when she's in the back (or if DF Chrom supports)), which kind of is unusual. If she was locked to physical, it wouldn't be a huge deal, but as is she has quite a bit of potential.

Hey Czar, did you ever get around to finishing your pairing guide? Took a break from playing FE and haven't been checking forums for a while

No aggressor? Also what would be the best class for Vaike!Severa!Morgan?

Shoot, I KNEW I was forgetting something. Probably should replace STR+2 with it.

Best class? Well she probably wants to use that vaike axefaire, Hero might be best.

Edited by Alastor15243

Thanks for the help. My last run was all-magic (except for snipers) so I am a little clueless.

Just wondering though, if you're going for a berserker support route with your avatar, why not marry Sumia!Lucina? It'd make her an utterly deadly sniper, and Morgan would be even deadlier (though without 100% DS unless you give her an assassin or sniper husband who's got pretty high skill, and then the DSes wouldn't be as strong)

What skills should I use for a hard support Berserker MU (+Str, -Def)? He's married to Vaike!Severa (Hero) if that helps.

LB/Agg/AF/All+2/Hit+20.

Hey Czar, did you ever get around to finishing your pairing guide? Took a break from playing FE and haven't been checking forums for a while

Nope. School happened and I got busy. I might do it now that I'm on break, but no promises.

Best class? Well she probably wants to use that vaike axefaire, Hero might be best.

Avatar can pass AF too, it's not exclusive from Vaike.

Anyway, classes. Morgan has +4 Spd, which is enough to hit 69 as a General without All+2 and with a +3 support (Berserker/Hero), so I'd recommend that (LB/GF/AF or LF/Ignis or Vengeance/Deliverer or Luna).

Alright. Hey, just curious, who here's done a no-brave run?

Probably just you :P

Nope. School happened and I got busy. I might do it now that I'm on break, but no promises.

If you do start it and ever need help shoot me a message and I'll happily contribute.

Hey all. I just got back into the game after about a year away, and I'm looking for some advice on pairings. I remember in a very general sense which father was good for which kid, but I don't remember all of the details (and I'm sure opinions have changed since I last played).

Difficulty is Hard Classic. Going for a magic-using MaMU with +Magic, -Strength, though I'm still early enough in the playthrough that I can change this. The initial plan was to go Shadowgift Morgan because why not, but now I think I'm just going to go 3rd gen, probably with either Lucina or Cynthia as the mother. So if a different asset/flaw is better, I'm willing to switch. Hoping for advice for postgame, including an eventual encounter with Apo.

Sumia x Chrom

Tharja x Gaius

Cherche x Henry

Lissa x Ricken

Sully x Donnel

Olivia x Frederick

Nowi x Vaike

Panne x Stahl

Miriel x Gregor

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Virion

MaMU x Lucina/Cynthia

Kellam and Libra are bachelors. I think most of this is fairly standard. Maribelle's pairing gave me the most grief... couldn't decide between Libra or Virion for Brady. Libra gives Sorc and a small boost to magic, while Virion gives 2 speed, Hit +20 and some nice skills from the Wyvern Rider paths. There's also Kellam for Luna/Pavise, but the hit to speed seemed like a bad idea.

Suggestions/Corrections to any of this? Admittedly I haven't given a ton of thought to the kids' ultimate class and pairings yet, so advice in that direction would help me a lot too. Thanks!

Hey all. I just got back into the game after about a year away, and I'm looking for some advice on pairings. I remember in a very general sense which father was good for which kid, but I don't remember all of the details (and I'm sure opinions have changed since I last played).

Difficulty is Hard Classic. Going for a magic-using MaMU with +Magic, -Strength, though I'm still early enough in the playthrough that I can change this. The initial plan was to go Shadowgift Morgan because why not, but now I think I'm just going to go 3rd gen, probably with either Lucina or Cynthia as the mother. So if a different asset/flaw is better, I'm willing to switch. Hoping for advice for postgame, including an eventual encounter with Apo.

Sumia x Chrom

Tharja x Gaius

Cherche x Henry

Lissa x Ricken

Sully x Donnel

Olivia x Frederick

Nowi x Vaike

Panne x Stahl

Miriel x Gregor

Cordelia x Lon'qu

Maribelle x Virion

MaMU x Lucina/Cynthia

Kellam and Libra are bachelors. I think most of this is fairly standard. Maribelle's pairing gave me the most grief... couldn't decide between Libra or Virion for Brady. Libra gives Sorc and a small boost to magic, while Virion gives 2 speed, Hit +20 and some nice skills from the Wyvern Rider paths. There's also Kellam for Luna/Pavise, but the hit to speed seemed like a bad idea.

Suggestions/Corrections to any of this? Admittedly I haven't given a ton of thought to the kids' ultimate class and pairings yet, so advice in that direction would help me a lot too. Thanks!

Everything is fine.

Inigo - Hero

Cynthia - Dark Flier/Sniper/Bow Knight/Sage

Lucina - Same as Cynthia but with great lord.

Gerome - Berserker

Yarne - Berserker

Severa - Hero/Wyvern Lord

Brady - Sage

Kjelle - Hero/Paladin

Morgan - Depends on Asset/Flaw

Nah - Hero

Laurent - Sage

So I just completed my team with some help from Czar_Yoshi and Alastor (thanks btw) and wanted to know if there are any flaws that I might need to fix and some random questions. Blatantly copied the format someone used earlier in the thread because it was neat.

Chrom supporting Sumia [100% DS Pair]

Chrom [bow Knight]: Dual Strike+, Bowfaire, Hit Rate +20, Aggressor, LB

Sumia [Dark Flier]: Luna, Tomefaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

100% Dual Strike and Sumia can double Anna and thronies.

Lon'qu!Laurent supporting Sumia!Lucina [VV-100% DS Pair]

Laurent [sorcerer]: Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire, Aggressor, LB

Lucina [Dark Flier]: Luna, Tomefaire, Dual Strike+, Galeforce, LB

100% Dual Strike and Laurent can double Anna and thronies. Went sorcerer with Laurent so that he could use Mire. Any advice on safely minimizing Laurent's HP for Vengeance?

Virion!Brady supporting Chrom!Cynthia

Brady [sage]: Tomefaire, Aggressor, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Cynthia [Dark Flier]: Luna, Tomefaire, Aether, Galeforce, LB

Brady hits 75 speed, magical galepair. Should I go As+2>Aether on Cynthia?

+Str/-Def Male Avatar supporting Vaike!Severa

Avatar [berserker]: Aggressor, Axefaire, All Stats +2, Hit Rate +20, LB

Severa [Hero]: Armsthrift, Luna, Axefaire, Galeforce, LB

Thanks for the Berserker set guys. Might replace AT on Severa, but not sure. Severa breaks 75 speed.

Henry!Gerome supporting Vaike!Severa!Morgan

Gerome [berserker]: Anathema, Hex, Axefaire, Aggressor, LB

Morgan [General]: Luna, Deliverer, Axefaire, Galeforce, LB

Gerome doesn't get Hit+20 so I went with Hex+Anathema which is cool. General!Morgan is really nice and benefits from Hex+Anathema because of axe use. Credit for General Morgan goes to Czar_Yoshi.

Stahl!Inigo supporting Gaius!Kjelle

Inigo [sniper]: Aggressor, Bowfaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Kjelle [Assassin]: Luna, Swordfaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Kjelle hits 75 speed easily, as does Inigo with AS+2. Should Kjelle procstack Luna/Astra instead of AS+2? Don't know if I should make room for Luna on Inigo, any input?

Donnel!Noire supporting Ricken!Owain

Noire [sniper]: Armsthrift, Bowfaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Owain [sage]: Luna, Tomefaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Went Gaius!Kjelle over Gaius!Noire because I wanted to do something different than my last run. Should I replace AT on Noire with a proc?

I have the Rally/Staffbots taken care of so that's not an issue. Please let me know what you think and thanks for the help.

Edited by CloudJumper

Roc, if your MU is at all physical, I'd recomend pairing your avatar with Lucina, Cynthia with Yarne, and Morgan with Gerome, and have them all be berserkers and snipers. Maybe THREE Berserker/Aether!Sniper pairs is overkill, but you'll want at least two, because they're by far the best class combination imaginable, especially when the sniper has at least a 5 speed mod (which Cynthia and Lucina both have with Chrom/Sumia as their parents, and if your Avatar doesn't have a negative speed mod, Morgan will have it too). Longbows allow them to rip through apotheosis like crazy even if you ban brave weapons (which I recommend, since brave weapons make the entirety of apotheosis a joke).

If I recall correctly, Bow Knights are inferior to Snipers. You are better off with Chrom being a Sniper. I could be wrong though.

Not as a support unit for Sumia. Sniper boosts str (useless for sumia) def (useless for apotheosis) and skill. Bow Knight boosts Speed, skill and move, all of which Sumia can make use of.

Stahl!Inigo supporting Gaius!Kjelle

Inigo [sniper]: Aggressor, Bowfaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Kjelle [Assassin]: Luna, Swordfaire, All Stats +2, Galeforce, LB

Kjelle hits 75 speed easily, as does Inigo with AS+2. Should Kjelle procstack Luna/Astra instead of AS+2? Don't know if I should make room for Luna on Inigo, any input?

You don't need two members of a galepair able to hit 75 speed. No two 70 speed enemies are ever adjacent to each other, so either you kill it and don't need more than 69 speed for any of the adjacent enemies the other partner can fight, or you fail to kill it and the other partner won't get a shot anyway unless you use dance, and then you can just have the one 75 speed unit continue the attack anyway.

Actually I can think of one exception: Snipers are really useful against Anna, and being able to double her with a longbow would be big perk if you don't have any other better snipers. Even so, Luna's definitely wanted for maximum damage output. I'd recommend replacing bowfaire with Luna.

Also, I just tried Apotheosis with brave weapons for the hell of it. It was the most mindlessly easy thing I've ever done. It takes all strategy out of it. Literally the only skills you really need are Limit Breaker and Galeforce and you can just coast through it.

Edited by Alastor15243

Also, I just tried Apotheosis with brave weapons for the hell of it. It was the most mindlessly easy thing I've ever done. It takes all strategy out of it. Literally the only skills you really need are Limit Breaker and Galeforce and you can just coast through it.

Yeah, I know; I've cleared S. Apotheosis before. I just like making teams to do it more efficiently and try different pairings.

Edited by CloudJumper