Are you caring about ingame or postgame?

Because ingame, you can't get Aversa so your Shadowgift Morgan will be useless by virtue of not existing. But in postgame, your Laurent's high Mag growth will mean nothing and you'll just wind up with 1-3 Mag more than most other Laurents at the cost of some good skills.

A user here called Airship_Canon beat S.Apo using only base classes (no specials like Manakete/Dread Fighter), so I'd say low stats can definitely be worked around. I mean, if you Rally a pair and put Agg on the back, you're getting +100 damage out of six hits alone from those skills, +200 if you're doubling. Add a Faire to both units and it's +130/260. I'd like to see plain old stats do that.

Post-game, mostly. The DLC Chapters, fighting Streetpass and Spotpass teams (and my own team too), and other random stuff that I can do post-game.

So yeah. What do you think would be a good Shadowgift Morgan post-game?

I got to compare possible Skills sometime and see which Skills that I like that are good on them then.

So using classes like Archer and Mage and stuff? That's quite amazing! It makes Apotheosis look easy now...

Also, is Cordelia x Libra good? I apparently got up to Rank A (Actually S support, but I chose not to view the conversation yet.) without even knowing I did. :XD:

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Apo, give Morgan LB/GF/TF and your choice of Vengeance/Shadowgift or Ignis/Luna. For non-Apo poatgame (DLC, endgame paralogues, risen etc), go with LB/GF/SG/Deliverer/AT. Dark Flier in both cases.

Apo really only needs a complete team and a lot of Rescue to clear reliably, regardless of pairings (by complete, I mean everyone has a full compliment of useful skills, everyone is capped with LB, everyone has at least an A support with their partner, all your weapons are forged and you've got all the Rallies). Most of the stigma it has is left over from an era when people were incredibly bad at the game and had no idea how to handle it. Basically, it has a lot of room for challenge runs (which are where stat calculations and the like actually begin to matter).

I'd advise against Cordelia x Libra. Libra doesn't really give Severa anything she wants except Tomefaire for Dark Flier, but Ricken gives that as well alongside Luna and Virion gives it along with great mods and the potential to switch to a really good Wyvern Lord.

For Apo, give Morgan LB/GF/TF and your choice of Vengeance/Shadowgift or Ignis/Luna. For non-Apo poatgame (DLC, endgame paralogues, risen etc), go with LB/GF/SG/Deliverer/AT. Dark Flier in both cases.

Err, so Limit Breaker/Galeforce/Tomefaire (Apotheosis), and Limit Breaker/Galeforce (Not Apotheosis)..? I'm not really good at figuring out abbreviations. Sorry. :(: Which Skills are they?

Alright, here's what I'm thinking for my next playthrough:

Sumia!Lucina @ Sniper x Henry!Gerome @ Berserker (ultra-deadly 100% DS 75 spd sniper)

+Skl-Def!Robin @ Sniper x Lon'qu!Yarne @ Assassin (100% DS sniper assassin duo)

Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan @ Assassin x Stahl!Nah @ Sniper (LB/AS+2/Str+2/Luna/BF) (100% DS sniper assassin duo to take advantage of Morgan's skill, but with a MUCH stronger sniper support for Morgan so he's not whiffing because of his support partner like with my previous setup.)

Vaike!Severa @ Hero x Frederick!Inigo @ Paladin (Got a winning setup here. No complaints whatsoever about those two, they never fail to take down the opponents I sic them on)

Gaius!Noire @ Trickster x Gregor!Laurent @ Sage (Gaius!Noire seems born to be a trickster. Exactly enough speed, strong magic, the right faire... Pity it sucks in normal play, but I'm positive that thronie and his minions won't stand a chance against these two).

Those are the ones I'm fairly certain of. Any suggestions on the remaining Cynthia, Owain, Kjelle and Brady? (note: as a personal rule of mine, Owain HAS to be in a sword-using class. It doesn't make sense for Owain to ever be unable to use a sword. Usually this means DF, but if anyone has a better alternative, I'm all ears)

Edited by Alastor15243

From what I'm reading as I lurk here, it sounds like Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker is bad outside of niche challenge run uses. If Severa @ Wyvern Lord wants a hard support Berserker, does that mean that Yarne is her only good option outside of MaMU or a GFless Galeboy?

From what I'm reading as I lurk here, it sounds like Vaike!Gerome @ Berserker is bad outside of niche challenge run uses. If Severa @ Wyvern Lord wants a hard support Berserker, does that mean that Yarne is her only good option outside of MaMU or a GFless Galeboy?

Wrong. You an always use Henry for a +5 STR Gerome who has both berserker and a hit bonus skill in the form of the dark mage aura.

Edited by Alastor15243

Gerome is fine if you're not 100% concerned with reliability (and honestly, a large part of the point of Wyvern Severa is to get away with lower %s and be just fine).

Anyway, who Severa goes with will likely depend on whether she's Lon'qu!Severa or Virion!Severa (due to the two having different non-Wyvern roles, they want husbands who can adapt to their other roles). Lon'qu is the better dodgetank and would prefer one with DSp+, and is also fast enough outside of Wyvern roles to get away with a +0 Spd support. Virion, on the other hand, would like someone capable of transitioning to magic.

My 100% DS team probably isn't the best example of this due to having obvious conflicting priorities, but I'm pairing Virion!Severa with Gregor!Laurent (+1 Str Hex/Anathema Berserker who also makes a great Sage, not bad) and Chrom!Cynthia!Morgan (+5 Spd) with Ricken!Gerome (a shame I can't get 1 more Spd out of her, but that would require going +Spd instead of +Skl, which would in turn require dropping Falco on Cynthia, which I'm not willing to do for the sake of that pair's third set).

On a side note, I am done with my finals and home for winter break, which means I have a ton of free time on my hands that I've been missing since August. No promises, but you might be seeing a little more out of me for the next few weeks.

No promises.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Thanks! Didn't get back here for almost two hours because I had a club meeting and then I needed to think about that advice for a while.

On my team I was planning to use Lon'qu!Severa x Vaike!Gerome. Gerome just barely gets perfect Hit on mooks at full power with a +25 forge. Henry!Gerome might still be stronger against bosses and if not at full power.

If Gerome takes Henry, then Brady needs Lon'qu, so Severa has to take Virion. Henry!Gerome fits the bill for a Berserker who can also be a decent Sage, so that pair fits well enough. DS rates get shifted around, but it's a zero net loss/gain.

What it comes down to is whether to settle for Vaike!Gerome instead of Henry!Gerome or for Lon'qu!Brady instead of Henry!Brady. Lon'qu!Brady looks appealing, since Cynthia is open for him to marry for 75 Speed, and he has potential procstack for mild challenge runs.

Being done with finals is always a nice feeling. My winter break starts in a week.

Edit: Saying it here because I'm not sure it warrants its own post in the Lunatic Club, but thanks for the Chapter 1 strategy.

Edited by isetrh

So if I want a Luna dread fighter Owain, what would be the best father for him?

Ricken would be the best choice IMO. Stahl is far better with someone else, like Cordelia, Cherche, or Panne. Ricken also gives that high Magic, which could be good if owain is using levin sword, bolt axe, or just using tomes.

He wants Owain to use swords.

Well yes that's ideal, but mostly I want him to be ABLE to use swords, so his comments about his sword hand actually work. I recognize that he's better at magic and I want him to be able to use that too, I just don't want to change such an important aspect of a character.

Since he's gonna have a bride wife though, which will enhance his magic by 4 more than his strength, maybe I'll want to give him swordfaire so that he'll have balanced magic and strength roughly when he's up front.

Edited by Alastor15243

Levin sword.

Fair point. I could have him just use magic and levin swords since I'm not doing braves, and thus totally focus on magic. That would make Ricken the ideal choice...

...Holy crap that would be perfect. I'd have a pair that, between them, would encompass EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WEAK SPOT. I can attack pavise magically, aegis magically, pavise physically, or aegis physically, all with one pair.

Edited by Alastor15243

Fair point. I could have him just use magic and levin swords since I'm not doing braves, and thus totally focus on magic. That would make Ricken the ideal choice...

...Holy crap that would be perfect. I'd have a pair that, between them, would encompass EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WEAK SPOT. I can attack pavise magically, aegis magically, pavise physically, or aegis physically, all with one pair.

Who's his wife gonna be though? Saying bride I suppose maybe noire or kjelle but idk.

If you're really going for every possible means of attack in one pair, make it Morgan with Ignis, just to show off your high Str/Mag with pairup boosts to both.

Bride x DF is partially just-for-fun in that nobody really needs all those options, but what else are you doing with your team?

If you're really going for every possible means of attack in one pair, make it Morgan with Ignis, just to show off your high Str/Mag with pairup boosts to both.

Bride x DF is partially just-for-fun in that nobody really needs all those options, but what else are you doing with your team?

I've got Sumia!Lucina and Henry!Gerome as a Sniper-Berserker 100% DS team, +Skl-Def Robin and Lon'qu!Yarne as a sniper-assassin 100%DS team, Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan and Stahl!Nah as an assassin-sniper 100% DS team, Gaius!Noire and Gregor!Laurent as a Trickster-Sage team, Frederick!Inigo and Vaike!Severa as a Paladin-Hero team, and Chrom!Cynthia and Virion!Brady as a Dark Flier-Sage team.

My rally bots are Eirika (Falcon Knight) Ephraim (Wyvern Lord) Alexandria (Dark Flier) and Katarina (Gryffon Rider). The first two have all of the rallies between them, while Alexandria and Katarina have Heart, Spectrum, Speed and Skill, and then Alexandria has magic and Katarina has strength. I realize that if they were all falcon knights (except for Ephraim) they could all double as staffbots, but the thing is I find it annoying (and tedious to tell apart) when they all look the same, so I'm having them be different classes for variety.

Then I'll have Olivia as a dancer team up with Chrom as a paladin. Or should be be a bow knight for the additional move (I use boots on Olivia) and bow access?

Laurent, Brady, Kjelle and Eirika will be on rescue/fortify duty depending on who isn't needed as much that precise turn.

Edited by Alastor15243

Okay so I pussied out on the lunatic run since I'm a little bitch(I'm postponing it, gonna do a hard run now). I found the insight really useful and once again will ask a couple questions(this time more precise).

I got no problems with hard(its a little too easy wish they added like a mania mode between luna and hard)

So gonna grind the late game, wont use children during main story, will try to employ a lot of people just to make it harder(no 3 pairs facerolling whole game). Problem is not sure if to do man or female. I care about the children AND the supports so obviously I'm limiting myself but yea...

Chrom x Sumia/Femu (not sure which one is better I like both supports. I'll prolly do a male MU if I'm going with sumiaxchrom. would also like to ask how good this pair is in lunatic)

MaMu x Anna (problem is I dislike a lot of the mamu supports... any good non-children MaMu supports aside lucina??)

Sumia x Henry/Fred(if I do Femu... problem is where does henry/Fred go then? I would like him to be a father.

Nowi x Vaike ( I honestly hate most of nowis supports. I like the buddy thing they have going with vaike but I dislike using vaike? Any decent supports? If not then I guess I'll go with Vaike)

Panne x Stahl(this is the only pairing I 100% insist on doing. I love it)

Sully x Donnel/Fred??? (I really want to use sully but getting her a decent male is so hard since I dislike using donnel and gaius. Fred would be cool but doesnt give kjelle much. I was kinda thinking about using her as a Pavise/aegis since its a fun combo)

Tharja x Gaius is what I'm thinking, good supports good children. Maybe Henry.

Lissa X libra Dont see any problem with this. Only problem would be getting henry a woman.

Miriel X ricken. I dislike both of these characters so I will pair them together and forget about their existence!!!(not really but I'd like the 2 rejects to stay together)

Maribelle x Virion is good. Not sure what else to give her Maybe henry(I know its my 3rd time saying this sorry...)

Olivia x uhh.... I guess Henry and her could work... right guys?

aaand last but definitely not least.

Its either GregorxCherche/LonquxCordelia or GregorCordelia/LonquexCherche.

Edit: forgot to add that dont assume that lonqu is gonna be a wyvern, he will stay as a myrm because of personal experience(I KNOW IT MEANS NOTHING BUT IM SALTY)

Which one do you guys think is better.

I really like awakening but I wish the story/characterization/supports were better but hey at least we got a game!

Edited by Hammerne