Again, who's Lucina's mother? Unless it's Olivia, she'll be pretty bad at physical due to no Str mods and no Swordfaire.

Her best physical classes are usually Sniper and Paladin (Lancefaire), but with Olivia she can be an Assassin too. Avatar can support nicely as a Berserker, Sniper, Assassin or Wyvern depending on how much Spd you want on Lucina, how many +Hit skills you're willing to pack, and how much damage you want your DSes doing.

Laurent is VV if paired with Lucina and otherwise magical hard support- options for wives for the latter include Cynthia, Morgan and Ricken/Virion!Severa. Noire works too but she has no Tomefaire and won't do as well.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry about that. In this file Lucina's mother is Sumia. Is a Sumia!Lucina usually better off as magical?

Also, something random that I've been wondering for a long time and can't seem to find: does Aggressor work if the unit with it is in the back? E.g. on player phase, Severa w/ GF attacks while paired with Gerome who has Aggressor -- do Gerome's DS attacks benefit from the skill?

Edited by Pilcrow

Ah, sorry about that. In this file Lucina's mother is Sumia. Is a Sumia!Lucina usually better off as magical?

Also, something random that I've been wondering for a long time and can't seem to find: does Aggressor work if the unit with it is in the back? E.g. on player phase, Severa w/ GF attacks while paired with Gerome who has Aggressor -- do Gerome's DS attacks benefit from the skill?

Allow me to chip in, if I may.

Sumia!Lucina has a +0 Str mod and a +1 Magic mod. Sumia!Lucina can pull off either magical or Physical well because her real perk is her +4 Skl and +5 Speed mod, along with access to Tomefaire Dark Flier and Tomefaire Sage for magical from Sumia and acess to Lancefaire Paladin, Bowfaire Sniper, and Lancefaire Great Lord for physical from Chrom. She's the middle child between full physical Olivia!Lucina and full magical Maribelle!Lucina.

Basically, for Sumia!Lucina it boils down to preference.

For your second question, Aggressor is essentially a player phase -faire. It works for the unit in the back as well. Meaning on Player phase, Aggressor Gerome is getting an extra 10 damage per hit on player phase and an extra 5 damage per hit on Apotheosis enemies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm starting my second lunatic run, i guess you could call it that even though I haven't finished my first one. So in this run i'm planning on getting optimized skill sets and basically an invincible team, so i'm wondering what are the best pairs not only for the best children but just pairs that work well together. First, I plan on making my male mu a dread fighter his asset is speed and his flaw is luck. I need to know some of the best people i could pair him with to make a great morgan. Thanks. P.S I'm new here so if i'm doing something wrong please tell me.

Hey guys I'm starting my second lunatic run, i guess you could call it that even though I haven't finished my first one. So in this run i'm planning on getting optimized skill sets and basically an invincible team, so i'm wondering what are the best pairs not only for the best children but just pairs that work well together. First, I plan on making my male mu a dread fighter his asset is speed and his flaw is luck. I need to know some of the best people i could pair him with to make a great morgan. Thanks. P.S I'm new here so if i'm doing something wrong please tell me.

For +Spd -Lck I'll suggest you go Nowi / Tharja / Lucina / Lon'qu!Severa.

+Spd fixes Nah's Skl Spd short and Noire's Skl short.

+Spd with Severa also makes Morgan the 2nd best Spd mod (+10).

-Lck doesn't hurt Noire & Lucina's Mag, Nah's Str/Mag so much.

For other pairings:

Chrom - Sumia / Maribelle / Olivia

Lissa - Ricken

Olivia - Chrom / Libra / Kellam

Maribelle - Chrom / Virion / Libra / Henry

Sumia - Chrom / Henry

Sully - Gaius / Donnel (MUxTharja)

Cordelia - Lon'qu

Cherche - Stahl

Panne - Frederick

Miriel - Gregor

Tharja - Donnel

Nowi - Vaike / Gaius (MUxTharja)

Feel free to switch Donnel x Tharja & Gaius x Sully each other.

But Donnel x Sully gains only a Hero & Valkyrie class & Gaius x Tharja loses Armsthrift on Double Bow & Aversa's Night.

Edited by MelonGx

For +Spd -Lck I'll suggest you go Nowi / Tharja / Lucina / Lon'qu!Severa.

+Spd fixes Nah's Skl Spd short and Noire's Skl short.

+Spd with Severa also makes Morgan the 2nd best Spd mod (+10).

-Lck doesn't hurt Noire & Lucina's Mag, Nah's Str/Mag so much.

For other pairings:

Chrom - Sumia / Maribelle / Olivia

Lissa - Ricken

Olivia - Chrom / Libra / Kellam

Maribelle - Chrom / Virion / Libra / Henry

Sumia - Chrom / Henry

Sully - Gaius / Donnel (MUxTharja)

Cordelia - Lon'qu

Cherche - Stahl

Panne - Frederick

Miriel - Gregor

Tharja - Donnel

Nowi - Vaike / Gaius (MUxTharja)

Feel free to switch Donnel x Tharja & Gaius x Sully each other.

But Donnel x Sully gains only a Hero & Valkyrie class & Gaius x Tharja loses Armsthrift on Double Bow & Aversa's Night.

Ok thanks, if you don't mind what are the best child pairs?

Ok thanks, if you don't mind what are the best child pairs?

No offense, but literally any question you may have has already been answered earlier in this thread. Read through the whole thread. It's worth it.

No offense, but literally any question you may have has already been answered earlier in this thread. Read through the whole thread. It's worth it.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

The thing that irks me is that most general "optimization" setup that I've heard so many times people are looking for is "the best".

...You really need to be more specific than that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The thing that irks me is that most general "optimization" setup that I've heard so many times people are looking for is "the best".

I would assume they mean "the best" as in general use for skirmishing. Giving Luna and Galeforce out like candy, I guess.

Thats true, thats pretty vague. But i decided i'd just find the best pairs on my own, ill use the wiki to see all the stat mods and skills so yeah. I have a severe and gerome pair thing, do you mind telling me your opinion

Lonqu!Severa

She's going to be the main lead

Skill set

Galeforce

Vengeance

Vantage

Sword/lancefaire

Lethality

I plan on making her a hero or sword master not sure yet
Fredrick!Gerom
mainly support

Luna

Aegis

Pavise

Dual Guard+

Limit Break

Basically after i gale force with severe ill switch to gerome and have him tank hits.

Thats true, thats pretty vague. But i decided i'd just find the best pairs on my own, ill use the wiki to see all the stat mods and skills so yeah. I have a severe and gerome pair thing, do you mind telling me your opinion

Lonqu!Severa

She's going to be the main lead

Skill set

Galeforce

Vengeance

Vantage

Sword/lancefaire

Lethality

I plan on making her a hero or sword master not sure yet
Fredrick!Gerom
mainly support

Luna

Aegis

Pavise

Dual Guard+

Limit Break

Basically after i gale force with severe ill switch to gerome and have him tank hits.

Lethality is unreliable.

For Hard support Stahl!Gerome > Freddy!Gerome because Bowfaire Warrior.

I think we should lock this thread now, the amount of pages is just right for this kind of topic

In my current hard run, I matched up my pairings in a way that Nowi is left with either Virion or Henry. I heard both are sub-optimal, but are they still acceptable? The others should be fine.

happy 69 pages.

and also, I'm trying to figure out which would be better for my team.

so, Severa and Gerome have S-Supports, but I can't decide which class severa should be. gerome is a wyvern lord.

i'm pretty stuck between dark flier and hero. now, I know people say that hero is an awesome class for severa, but i just don't like it.

she's one of my galeforcing units, like 24/7, and i need to get her from place to place as she is my best unit.

but sometimes it becomes a problem with i'm doing DLC maps to get extra items, and severa can't cross the wall she needs to, or grass limits her walk.

dark flier WOULD make her weaker in defense and such, but I give her an iote's shield. what should i do with severa? what skills should i give her?

I think we should lock this thread now, the amount of pages is just right for this kind of topic

In my current hard run, I matched up my pairings in a way that Nowi is left with either Virion or Henry. I heard both are sub-optimal, but are they still acceptable? The others should be fine.

Virion grants Sage. She can work with him as a father.

happy 69 pages.

so, Severa and Gerome have S-Supports, but I can't decide which class severa should be. gerome is a wyvern lord.

i'm pretty stuck between dark flier and hero. now, I know people say that hero is an awesome class for severa, but i just don't like it.

she's one of my galeforcing units, like 24/7, and i need to get her from place to place as she is my best unit.

but sometimes it becomes a problem with i'm doing DLC maps to get extra items, and severa can't cross the wall she needs to, or grass limits her walk.

dark flier WOULD make her weaker in defense and such, but I give her an iote's shield. what should i do with severa? what skills should i give her?

Hero, the Pair up bonuses are more complimenary. Dark Flier is what you would use if Virion was her father. Lancefaire Wyvern Lord is also a solid choice.

For Hard support Stahl!Gerome > Freddy!Gerome because Bowfaire Warrior.

For Hard support Vaike/Gregor!Gerome>All other Geromes because incredibly high Str Mod Berserker.

For Severa, you forgot Limit Break. Vantage won't do anything and neither will Lethality, so you can swap those out. Hero is flat-out superior to SM because of mostly higher stats all around and better pairup bonuses.

For Gerome, Luna and PavGis (and all other procs, for that matter) do nothing while in the back. Focus on skills that improve his Hitrate and Atk. While they could help if he comes out front, it's generally better to have one unit be dedicated to leading and one dedicated to supporting- they'll both do their jobs better.

Actually, those are both really good for Nah. Virion grants Skl+2 and a +2 Skl modifier, making him Nah's best father for boosting DS rate- have her run LB/TF/All+2/Mag+2/Skl+2 as a hard support Sage for Owain, Brady or magical Inigo. Henry, on the other hand, passes Axefaire, a ton of auras, good Skl, and +3 in both Str and Mag mods, allowing her to transition between physical and magical supports (probably Sage/Valkyrie/Wyvern) without sacrificing performance on either end.

They're only sub-optimal if you care about getting Galeforce on as many children as possible, but that's really impractical...

Depends on their parents. Can Severa be a Wyvern? Make her a Lancefaire Wyvern, she's really good at it. You may want Gerome in a Spd-boosting class like Berserker or Assassin if you do that (Vaike/Gregor/Henry, his most common fathers, all give both, and Stahl gives Assassin and Paladin).

Virion grants Sage. She can work with him as a father.

Nah already has Sage.

For Hard support Vaike/Gregor!Gerome>All other Geromes because incredibly high Str Mod Berserker.

If Hit and DS rate aren't concerns, this is true, but his Skl is so low that they frequently are.

I kinda want to try out Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Swordfaire/Rightful King/Lethality Hero Chrom!Inigo just for the hell of it.

Probably paired up in a hyper-offense duo with Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Tomefaire/Mag+2/Luna Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia.

Lethality doesn't do anything on Apo, and everything else on any difficulty will be ORKOed 100% of the time by LB/Brave, even without a pairup.

Henry!Cynthia doesn't get Mag+2, and All+2 is better anyway.

I kinda want to try out Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Swordfaire/Rightful King/Lethality Hero Chrom!Inigo just for the hell of it.

Probably paired up in a hyper-offense duo with Galeforce/Limit Breaker/Tomefaire/Mag+2/Luna Dark Flier Henry!Cynthia.

For Inigo: Replace RFK and Lethality with Astra and Luna. Honestly, Lethality is worthless. I don't see the appeal. If the lead has Brave Weapons and the support has Brave weapons you will get the kill before the enemy can attack. Astra+Luna yields is much more reliable than RFK+Lethality. Unless this is for streetpass.

For Cynthia you don't need Mag +2 because you already have Limit Breaker. Stick Anathema on there or something. You could even use something like Pass from Assassin.

Edit: Damn it Czar you ninja'd me. :(

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Hehe. I'm a ninja.

Anathema is definitely another good use of Henry!Cynthia's time. Having the lead unit's Crit go from ~5 to ~15 triples the amount of crits you make, and if you forge with +9 crit instead of +15 Hit they come quite frequently. But don't underestimate stacking statboosting skills- All+2 essentially multiplies LB's effect by 1.2, adds a maximum of 8 damage from dual strikes per battle, and in some cases breaks big Spd thresholds.

Hehe. I'm a ninja.

Anathema is definitely another good use of Henry!Cynthia's time. Having the lead unit's Crit go from ~5 to ~15 triples the amount of crits you make, and if you forge with +9 crit instead of +15 Hit they come quite frequently. But don't underestimate stacking statboosting skills- All+2 essentially multiplies LB's effect by 1.2, adds a maximum of 8 damage from dual strikes per battle, and in some cases breaks big Spd thresholds.

AS+2 can meet some pretty cool benchmarks but since Sumia's Speed and Skill genetics are so Alpha Cynthia won't need AS+2 to hit 75 Spd with Hero pair up (the person wanted to pair her up with Inigo). Anathema's always welcome though. Everyone loves Anathema :D

Yeah, it would be for StreetPass. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with StreetPass>Apo when I barely ever get the chance to StreetPass with anyone, but...eh. I could've sworn Henry got regular Mage as well, but I guess I just derped. Anathema or Pass sound like a pretty good replacements, though (I don't even remember what DLC gives you All +2 anyway). Maybe even Counter :-p either way, like I said, RK/Lethality Inigo would pretty much be just for the hell of it. I could always just switch up his skills if I ever decided to seriously take on Apotheosis.