All+2 is in CoY3.

The best Streetpass strat I've seen (and the one I'm currently using) is Airship Canon's Counter Aggression strategy (10 Generals/Heroes/Warriors/Wyvern +Str/-Def Avatars with LB/Agg/Ignis/Luna/Counter and +3/25 Braves), which at least insures the player dies if they can't manage a 1-turn route. Lethality doesn't even insure that, if you do get an attack in there's only a chance for the foe to die. The only other things you can do are troll teams based around being useless for non-combat purposes and troll teams based around game spoilers.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All+2 is in CoY3.

The best Streetpass strat I've seen (and the one I'm currently using) is Airship Canon's Counter Aggression strategy (10 Generals/Heroes/Warriors/Wyvern +Str/-Def Avatars with LB/Agg/Ignis/Luna/Counter and +3/25 Braves), which at least insures the player dies if they can't manage a 1-turn route. Lethality doesn't even insure that, if you do get an attack in there's only a chance for the foe to die. The only other things you can do are troll teams based around being useless for non-combat purposes and troll teams based around game spoilers.

That General build sounds so incredibly lolsy it's amazing. Only Airship would come up with some that devious.

I personally just max my stats and put my streepass up for showoff purposes. I like to show my pairings to other people.

...Though I doubt anyone I pass will appreciate the effort that went into them :MarcusYoung:

Edited by Ownagepuffs

All+2 is in CoY3.

That sounds...incredibly irritating.

I suppose RK/Lethality would be more of a troll build than anything else, I dunno. Definitely more for the lulz than any attempt at anything overly serious.

Edited by Emerald Ink

That sounds...incredibly irritating.

It is. I have two 3dses and tested it on myself. It still falls easily to a maxed Apo team, but anything less gets absolutely curbstomped.

I'm pretty sure when he made it he said it was for the purpose of trolling someone who he streetpassed several times who was running Lucina x Gerome, which is also very much like him...

And I do love getting maxed teams with all the pairings done. Maxed teams are a ton more interesting than Outrealm Orders/earlygame teams, and the avatars are worth keeping.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So I'm looking to make a Nah!Morgan for a file for fun. I have all the bachelors still unpaired, and a +Strength/-Def MU. Right now I'm torn between Donny (so that Nah can get Underdog and also pass it to Manakete Morgan, Galefore isn't even my consideration for this) or Vaike (for that extra Strength mod for both Morgan and her mother). I don't care what you suggest for Nowi's husband bar MU, because I'm fully prepared to build around that.

Nah!Morgan is really best as +Def, because Manakete's defenses are the only thing that she has over all the other Morgans. If you just want Manakete Morgan, Nowi is the superior option because Nah has so much to gain from Avatar as her dad.

Since this is just for fun though, most anything works. I wouldn't recommend Donnel on the basis that your Morgan will be even slower than she has to be and Manaketes are terrible dodgetanks (no S.Weapons, very slow, natural bulk so taking hits is preferred). Gaius could get Nah Galeforce and help with Spd/Str mods, and Henry gives Nah a ton of support skills (and offensive skills/classes for non-Manaketes), though both of them have slightly... Dubious supports with Nowi, so if this is an aesthetics run they may not be the best. Vaike is decent. So is Gregor.

Nah!Morgan is really best as +Def, because Manakete's defenses are the only thing that she has over all the other Morgans. If you just want Manakete Morgan, Nowi is the superior option because Nah has so much to gain from Avatar as her dad.

Since this is just for fun though, most anything works. I wouldn't recommend Donnel on the basis that your Morgan will be even slower than she has to be and Manaketes are terrible dodgetanks (no S.Weapons, very slow, natural bulk so taking hits is preferred). Gaius could get Nah Galeforce and help with Spd/Str mods, and Henry gives Nah a ton of support skills (and offensive skills/classes for non-Manaketes), though both of them have slightly... Dubious supports with Nowi, so if this is an aesthetics run they may not be the best. Vaike is decent. So is Gregor.

I guess I should've mentioned I didn't want to leave a child unpaired, so that's why I chose Nah over Nowi. -Defense Asset might prove iffy in the long run, but I think I'll stick with Vaike or Gregor. I've done Donny and Gaius both before and was pleased with the results, but it's only Hard Classic so this is for my personal enjoyment.

Generally if you're going for a Morgan with Nah as mother, Kellam is generally the preferred choice because of the crazy high defence mod. However, with the Def flaw you have, I wouldn't go for that. I think Vaike gives the highest strength mod to Nah, so I'd probably roll with that, but because of the defence flaw I would probably have Morgan's final class as something other than Manakete.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I noticed something interesting about procstacks the other day. Occasionally I see people putting Sol and Luna together to make a "pseudo-Aether", but since Sol has priority over Luna, triggering Sol becomes very common and Luna becomes very rare (the highest possible Luna proc rate is 25%, when you have exactly 50 Skl). This is fine if you want healing with a side of damage, but not so fine if you want damage with a side of healing, or both in even amounts.

Anyway, what I did was swap Luna for Astra. Since Astra has priority over Sol, at 50 Skl your chances of activating an offensive proc are still 25%, but once you go over 50 Skl your chances go up instead of down (your Sol rate will be a lot lower though). It's not -too- hard to get a lead unit to 80 Skl with all boosts applied, which gives 40% Astra and 48% Sol- which is a lot more balanced than 80% Sol and 16% Luna.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I noticed something interesting about procstacks the other day. Occasionally I see people putting Sol and Luna together to make a "pseudo-Aether", but since Sol has priority over Luna, triggering Sol becomes very common and Luna becomes very rare (the highest possible Luna proc rate is 25%, when you have exactly 50 Skl). This is fine if you want healing with a side of damage, but not so fine if you want damage with a side of healing, or both in even amounts.

Anyway, what I did was swap Luna for Astra. Since Astra has priority over Sol, at 50 Skl your chances of activating an offensive proc are still 25%, but once you go over 50 Skl your chances go up instead of down (your Sol rate will be a lot lower though). It's not -too- hard to get a lead unit to 80 Skl with all boosts applied, which gives 40% Astra and 48% Sol- which is a lot more balanced than 80% Sol and 16% Luna.

Astra/Sol Proc stacking? Sounds pretty nifty.

Astra/Sol Proc stacking? Sounds pretty nifty.

Ehhh, IMO, Astra/Sol proc stacking sounds iffy at best. I don't really like having my damage proc be one that fizzles out against high defense enemies, and worse yet, royally fucks me over if I run into Counter on enemy phase if I have Luna access to think about..

Underdog isn't that useful because you'll not have enough skill slot to put it on.

Common Manakete in StreetPass:

LB, Lethality, Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, Lucky 7

Huh. But why would people give Manaketes Lethality??? That just sounds iffy when you only have a 40 skill cap before modifiers and Limit Breaker (and that's with the Dragonstone+ bonus)...

Ehhh, IMO, Astra/Sol proc stacking sounds iffy at best. I don't really like having my damage proc be one that fizzles out against high defense enemies, and worse yet, royally fucks me over if I run into Counter on enemy phase if I have Luna access to think about..

A quick damage comparison between Astra and Luna. Target is the Nightmare Sniper, who has PavGis+ and 70 Def (using a physical weapon here).

I'll use a generic unit with 45 base Str (class cap + mods), and LB/Faire, a Brave Sword/Lance/Bow and a Str+2 pairup. Most Apo leads should be able to manage at least this, and could have Agg as well.

Atk: 45(base+mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +5(Faire) +7(pairup) +2(tonic) +17(weapon) =96. Damage against NS will be 6. Luna damage will be 15. Astra damage will be... Also 15. So yeah, against the highest Def enemy in the game with a reasonable setup, Luna only holds its own with Astra, and the more you prepare (or the weaker your foe is), the stronger Astra will be. This is before taking into account that Astra's proc rate will be 2.5 times that of Luna...

Counter isn't a problem (outside of Lunatic+, where it's a problem whether you use Astra or not) because you can never be killed by Counter damage alone if you enter a fight at full HP unless it's supplemented by enemy attack damage, and you should never be in such a situation in the first place (and extra damage from Luna can troll you against Counter too). Unless you're talking about EXPg, in which you don't want any procs...

But I digress, this strategy isn't even intended for Apo, it's intended as a superior version of Luna/Sol and probably works better on the likes of RaR3 anyway. In Apo you most likely shouldn't even be using Sol, and 40% just isn't reliable. And outside of Apo, bulk is pretty nonexistent.

A quick damage comparison between Astra and Luna. Target is the Nightmare Sniper, who has PavGis+ and 70 Def (using a physical weapon here).

I'll use a generic unit with 45 base Str (class cap + mods), and LB/Faire, a Brave Sword/Lance/Bow and a Str+2 pairup. Most Apo leads should be able to manage at least this, and could have Agg as well.

Atk: 45(base+mods) +10(LB) +10(Rally) +5(Faire) +7(pairup) +2(tonic) +17(weapon) =96. Damage against NS will be 6. Luna damage will be 15. Astra damage will be... Also 15. So yeah, against the highest Def enemy in the game with a reasonable setup, Luna only holds its own with Astra, and the more you prepare (or the weaker your foe is), the stronger Astra will be. This is before taking into account that Astra's proc rate will be 2.5 times that of Luna...

Counter isn't a problem (outside of Lunatic+, where it's a problem whether you use Astra or not) because you can never be killed by Counter damage alone if you enter a fight at full HP unless it's supplemented by enemy attack damage, and you should never be in such a situation in the first place (and extra damage from Luna can troll you against Counter too). Unless you're talking about EXPg, in which you don't want any procs...

But I digress, this strategy isn't even intended for Apo, it's intended as a superior version of Luna/Sol and probably works better on the likes of RaR3 anyway. In Apo you most likely shouldn't even be using Sol, and 40% just isn't reliable. And outside of Apo, bulk is pretty nonexistent.

Hmmm... To be honest, when it comes down to it, I find the merits of proc stacking kinda questionable. Personally, I don't see the appeal of running another attack skill when you already have one, in large part because most proc stacking combos come off to me as rather iffy (and about the only one that DOESN'T is rather limited in terms of who can use it anyway).

Stacking Sol and Luna? Sure, it's very questionable. That's why I was trying to find a better way.

Stacking Luna and Astra/Aether usually works out well, though (unless you have to sacrifice a Faire to do it). The Luna/Astra combo is mainly for Kjelle and Noire, who usually have it and nothing better to do with the skillslot.

Deliverer gives Kjelle more versatility.

Anathema gives Noire's husband more hit (usually for achieving 100% hit).

Deliverer? Sure, if you're lacking in staffbots and not a Paladin, it could come in handy. Anathema though... Going from 90 listed Hit to 100 listed Hit is actually only a 1.9% difference in actual hitrate, so if you're going for skills that tip the RNG in your favor a procstack will make a bigger effect (+16-20% depending on your Skl).

OK, maybe I shouldn't have said they have "nothing" better to do, but procstack is certainly one of their better options.

I put Hex/Anathema on my staffbots anyway, if Hit's a concern I just leave one of them laying around.

Hmmm... To be honest, when it comes down to it, I find the merits of proc stacking kinda questionable. Personally, I don't see the appeal of running another attack skill when you already have one, in large part because most proc stacking combos come off to me as rather iffy (and about the only one that DOESN'T is rather limited in terms of who can use it anyway).

Almost all proc stacks of primary procs are viable.

Ignis/Luna (Luna is checked first)

Astra/Luna (Astra is checked first)

Aether/Luna (Aether is checked first)

Proper proc stacking does wonders for your average damage output. The only ones that could be considered iffy would he something retarded like Lethality/Sol or stacking with Vengeance.

Stacking Sol and Luna? Sure, it's very questionable. That's why I was trying to find a better way.

Stacking Luna and Astra/Aether usually works out well, though (unless you have to sacrifice a Faire to do it). The Luna/Astra combo is mainly for Kjelle and Noire, who usually have it and nothing better to do with the skillslot.

Won't argue there.

It's not that I dislike Astra, it's more that I think it's a relatively poor use of a skillslot when Luna's also available.

Almost all proc stacks of primary procs are viable.

Ignis/Luna (Luna is checked first)

Astra/Luna (Astra is checked first)

Aether/Luna (Aether is checked first)

Proper proc stacking does wonders for your average damage output. The only ones that could be considered iffy would he something retarded like Lethality/Sol or stacking with Vengeance.

In general, the only procstacks I'd consider good are Aether/Luna, which has the aforementioned problem of being limited in terms of who can use it, Ignis/Luna, which is also limited, and Aether/Sol, which is rather limited as well.

I've decided on every pairing except for Cherche. Should I let Frederick or Lon'qu be Gerome's father?

Frederick, because he gives Gerome a much better class set.

I've decided on every pairing except for Cherche. Should I let Frederick or Lon'qu be Gerome's father?

Is neither an option? Gerome really needs either Axefaire or Bowfaire to be good. Between Frederick and Lon'qu, it should be possible to free up Stahl for him with minimum losses (iirc, all of Stahl's good pairings can also work with either Frederick or Lon'qu).

If it has to be one of those, Lon'qu is better because he at least gives Swordfaire. Gerome could make a passable Assassin with him.

Both are bad.

If you have Virion free then Virion because:

Virion!Gerome: Str+4 & Bowfaire Warrior = Str+2 Berserker

Fred!Gerome: Str+6 & No-faire General = Str+1 Berserker

Lon'qu!Gerome: Str+4 & No-faire Warrior = Str-1 Berserker (Lon'qu!Gerome has no hi-Str Sword classes)

Besides that, Virion gives Hit+20 and more consistent accuracy boost skills but Fred gives Outdoor Fighter only & Lon'qu gives none.

Skl 40-44 classes on Dual Strike's support side require hit+20 to reach 90~100% hit to every enemy unit.

Edited by MelonGx