• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all.

I've been a lurker for a ahile but after a long break from FE:A I've decided to return and attempt a new run (probably on Lunatic+). At this stage, left over from my pairings I have Nowi and Panne left unaccountable for females and as for males I have as follows:

- Stahl

- Frederick

- Virion

- Kellam

I have all the DLC so completion of the postgame is my goal and grinding will be available. What are my best options as far as classes and skill potential go that will be able to assist me in Apotheosis? What would be the optimal pairings for each? I'm tossing up the idea of Nowi x Virion and maybe Stahl x Panne but I'm a bit rusty so I'm hoping to get some advice from the good folk here.

Panne is good with all of them actually, though Kellam is the worst out of those. Just go with whatever supports you like best (Fred gives good mods, Stahl and Virion give mostly good mods and Hit+20). Nowi should go with Virion if you want a Magical Nah and Stahl if you want her to be physical.

Gotta love when one pairing being changed causes a massive domino effect whereby I've now had to change multiple other pairings, as well as try to figure out which kids benefit the most from Henry due to never having paired him with anyone but Sumia before.

Henry is an awesome dad. In addition to the obvious Cynthia, he works well on Nah, Brady and Gerome.

Henry!Nah has the fullest set of support skills in the game bar Avatar/Morgan, along with 3/3 Str/Mag mods, Axefaire for Wyvern and Tomefaire for Valkyrie, allowing her to be the most versatile support in the game- and since any Nah except Avatar!Nah should be hard support, this is great.

Brady normally only wants mods from his dad- Henry gives those in spades with +1 Mag and +2 Skl. However, Henry also gives Vengeance, giving Brady an alternate choice for a proc. Furthermore, Henry also boosts his Str- Brady is almost always magical, but if you do want to try him as physical, for a gimmick run or whatever, he can do that while still being able to perform at maximum magical capacity.

Gerome, on the other hand, looks like a physical monster who only needs Berserker and a +Hit skill to wreck stuff. Henry gives him both of those (Hex/Anathema). Gerome's lesser known point, however, is a natural +1 Mag mod and natural Tomefaire- so Henry!Gerome has 2 Mag and can switch between physical and magical as well. This is especially fun when paired with Virion!Severa, for a full pair that can switch.

Basically Henry gives people the ability to switch between physical and magical at will, as well as completing a lot of skillsets. He's the main reason I like Chrom x Sumia- so that he's free for others to use.

How's he work as a father for Inigo? I know he doesn't pass down Luna access, but he does give Vengeance, and I plan to pair him up with Lucina. Not really a big fan of most of his potential fathers, but he needs someone.

Henry!Inigo can work, but Libra!Inigo is much better due to having Tomefaire, lacking Barbarian overlap and Libra being more available in general. Libra!Inigo also has better ending classes to choose from; Henry!Inigo is pretty much stuck as a Hero and lacks Tomefaire.

I might be planning on running on these pairs in a future PT with Male!Robin. I'm just wondering how it would look so far. I will give reasons why. And if any changes need to be made, I will make them.

Chrom/Sumia (Because I don't want to get in the way of priority. And Lucy gets max flexibility from this. Also: Aether Cynthia.)

Henry/Lissa (Mainly because of Vengeange/Vantage)

Libra/Olivia (See Henry/Lissa)

Gaius/Sully (Pegasus Knight and mods)

Virion/Maribelle (Mods, and Brady's other viable choices will be taken, not to mention that not a lot of kids want Virion as a Father)

Lon'qu/Cordelia (Vengeance/Vantage, and purported dodge tanking ability)

Gregor/Miriel (Vengeance/Vantage)

Robin/Cynthia (Because I will likely be doing their lover supports in this PT. And since Morgan can only get Aether as Chrom's granddaughter...)

Donnel/Tharja (Pegasus Knight and Armsthrift. Not to mention, there's no noticeable difference with concrete offense. And I'm sure I can make up for the Spd difference.)

And the last three are toss-ups. Mainly because I haven't decided what I want to go with. (Though I doubt I want to pair Ricken with Cherche.)

Too many VVs.

VV with 99% DS is probably getting KOed in accident.

Vengeance hit & away with 99% DS is also probably getting KOed in accident, unless you approach enemies with full HP.

This. VV is a strategy that will get you killed if you lack 100% DS, doesn't need more than one competent pair and is overkill anyway on No Holds Barred Apo. Because people like Airship_Canon used it to do some incredible challenge runs it's gained a reputation as the greatest thing ever, but it's not something you should build an entire team around (and it usually obsoletes having a team when you do use it, to the point where even Morgan isn't very good.

Anyway most of those pairings are solid if you just keep the parents but change the skills. Henry!Owain is the only one you might want to change (Barbarian overlap and Henry is in high demand elsewhere).

I've heard Physical Nah being paired with Frederick!Inigo is good earlier in this thread, so is Vaike good for Nah's dad in this? Also, who would be the lead in this pairing.

Gaius is also available for Nah's dad.

I know Henry is good but he's being used for Gerome.

Edited by Bloo

Inigo's got Galeforce, so he's the lead. Vaike should work here.

Nah should be an Axefaire Hero, Inigo should be something with high base Spd to offset Fred's bad Spd mod (Swordfaire Assassin will be able to hit 75 Spd without All+2).

This. VV is a strategy that will get you killed if you lack 100% DS, doesn't need more than one competent pair and is overkill anyway on No Holds Barred Apo. Because people like Airship_Canon used it to do some incredible challenge runs it's gained a reputation as the greatest thing ever, but it's not something you should build an entire team around (and it usually obsoletes having a team when you do use it, to the point where even Morgan isn't very good.

Anyway most of those pairings are solid if you just keep the parents but change the skills. Henry!Owain is the only one you might want to change (Barbarian overlap and Henry is in high demand elsewhere).

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. The only ones I could see Henry going to is either Gerome (Barbarian) or Nah (Troubadour). (Especially since Sumia's getting Chrom.) But like I said. I haven't exactly completely decided on what to do. I might as well just worry about it when the time comes.

I've heard Physical Nah being paired with Frederick!Inigo is good earlier in this thread, so is Vaike good for Nah's dad in this? Also, who would be the lead in this pairing.

Gaius is also available for Nah's dad.

I know Henry is good but he's being used for Gerome.

If Gaius is available for a dad then who is fathering Noire and Kjelle? Nah is not a good investment for Gaius's Galeforce.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Gaius!Kjelle - Str+1, Mag-1, Spd+5, Luna, Swordfaire!Paladin, Lancefaire!Paladin/Wyvern

Gaius!Noire - Str+2, Mag+3, Spd+4, Luna, Swordfaire!Assassin, Lancefaire!General, Bowfaire!Sniper/Assassin

Gaius!Nah - Str+3, Mag+1, Spd+1, Swordfaire!Assassin, Lancefaire!Wyvern, Tomefaire!DF/Sage

Gaius!Nah is the only magical building of these three.

No Luna - 7 damage per activation lost

Tomefaire - 2.5/10 damage gained from lead/support side

Edited by MelonGx

Are these good pairings?

Avatar's Asset/Flaw is +Speed -Luck

Tharja!Morgan Dark Flier x Ricken!Laurant Sage

Avatar!Noire Dark Flier x Henry!Brady Sage

Chrom!Cynthia Dark Flier x Kellam!Owain Sage

Lon'Qu!Severa Assassin x Stahl!Inigo Berserker/Assassin

Sumia!Lucina Great Lord x Frederick!Gerome Wyvern Lord

Donnel!Kjelle Assassin x Gregor!Yarne Berserker

Do i have too many repetitive classes or is that fine? Do i need to change some classes?

Btw, i didnt marry Brady, Kjelle, Yarne, or Noire yet. Maybe Kjelle can be a good Dark Flier paired with Brady, and Noire can be Sniper/Assassin paired with Yarne.

Edited by Waifu Severa

I want to have a third generation Morgan, mostly for being able to have all the children get married. I was planning on having a +Strength -Defense Avatar marry Olivia!Lucina. Is this a good pair? I'm not very far yet, so I'll restart if that's a bad asset/flaw. If I use this, I'm thinking my Avatar should be a dedicated support because no Galeforce, but I don't really know where to start with that. What class should I use? I've heard Berzerker is a good class for this, but I've also heard that Paladin is the best physical support, so I really don't know what to believe. Is Limit Break/Aggressor/-faire/All +2/Dual Guard+ a good skill set?

From what I understand, Hero is the best lead physical class. If I have Morgan as one should I use Aether/Ignis? Aether/Luna? All three?

Thank you!

Edited by isetrh

(A) OK.

(A) OK.

(B) Kellam!Owain won't reach Spd.75 unless giving him a Barrack Spd.

(B) Wyvern x Assassin/Zerker/Hero or Assassin/Hero x Warrior is better.

(B) Fred!Gerome is 0-6 Str inferior to Axefaires & Bowfaires. The power of this pair is restricted.

(A) OK.

I want to have a third generation Morgan, mostly for being able to have all the children get married. I was planning on having a +Strength -Defense Avatar marry Olivia!Lucina. Is this a good pair? I'm not very far yet, so I'll restart if that's a bad asset/flaw. If I use this, I'm thinking my Avatar should be a dedicated support because no Galeforce, but I don't really know where to start with that. What class should I use? I've heard Berzerker is a good class for this, but I've also heard that Paladin is the best physical support, so I really don't know what to believe. Is Limit Break/Aggressor/-faire/All +2/Dual Guard+ a good skill set?

From what I understand, Hero is the best lead physical class. If I have Morgan as one should I use Aether/Ignis? Aether/Luna? All three?

Thank you!

1) MaMU doesn't generate insane Str Morgan-Fs. Your Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would be only Str+6, which equals to MaMU!Nah.

2) Female physical classes suck. Only Wyvern Lord with high Skl Spd mod can be not inferior to Dark Flier.

Your planned unit is great, but won't be insane due to the reasons above.

If you want maximized Str Morgan, don't play MaMU.

LB Agg Faire All+2 DG+ - you would need to exchange the last two into accuracy boost skills such as Hit+20.

Edited by MelonGx

(A) OK.

(A) OK.

(B) Kellam!Owain won't reach Spd.75 unless giving him a Barrack Spd.

(B) Wyvern x Assassin/Zerker/Hero or Assassin/Hero x Warrior is better.

(B) Fred!Gerome is 0-6 Str inferior to Axefaires & Bowfaires. The power of this pair is restricted by unoptimal choosing.

(A) OK.

What do u mean give Owain Barrack Spd? And if i dont, how do i make this pair better? Maybe changing Owain to Assassin or something like that?

Also for Severa x Inigo, do u mean i should change Inigo to Warrior? I dislike warrior very much, but Wyvern x Assassin looks good, even tho Assassin Severa is my favorite.

Yeah ik i messed up on Gerome :( Is there a way i can fix that pair up or is it good?

Wait how is Kjelle x Yarne good but Severa x Inigo isnt?

1) MaMU doesn't generate insane Str Morgan-Fs. Your Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would be only Str+6, which equals to MaMU!Nah.
2) Female physical classes suck. Only Wyvern Lord with high Skl Spd mod can be not inferior to Dark Flier.

Your planned units are great, but won't be insane due to the reasons above.

Thanks for the advice. I kept reading skills>mods, so I thought Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would be worth it for Aether, but I guess not. If the Strength mod is so important, should I go Vaike!Gerome!Morgan? If I were to go for a magic female Morgan, maybe Maribelle!Lucina. Would that screw over Inigo? I can still give him Kellam or Frederick, with Nah taking whichever is left over.

Edited by isetrh

What do u mean give Owain Barrack Spd? And if i dont, how do i make this pair better? Maybe changing Owain to Assassin or something like that?

Also for Severa x Inigo, do u mean i should change Inigo to Warrior? I dislike warrior very much, but Wyvern x Assassin looks good, even tho Assassin Severa is my favorite.

Yeah ik i messed up on Gerome :( Is there a way i can fix that pair up or is it good?

Wait how is Kjelle x Yarne good but Severa x Inigo isnt?

To give Owain Barrack Spd - There is a trick available to change the character who is going to have a Barrack Boost. If you don't know how to perform the trick, changing class to Assassin to reach Spd.75 is OK but I'd rather keeping Owain as a Sage and giving up reaching Spd.75.

Fred!Gerome - Use him as a General.

Rank B of Inigo x Severa - It's my mistake. It should be A.

To give Owain Barrack Spd - There is a trick available to change the character who is going to have a Barrack Boost. If you don't know how to perform the trick, changing class to Assassin to reach Spd.75 is OK but I'd rather keeping Owain as a Sage and giving up reaching Spd.75.

Fred!Gerome - Use him as a General.

Rank B of Inigo x Severa - It's my mistake. It should be A.

Aw man, i really screwed up my children, but it isnt worth restarting another file because i already spent soooooooooo many hours in this one :(

You sure Gerome as a General is better than Wyvern Lord? Can you explain to me why please?

Ah np, mistakes are made.

Your planned units are great, but won't be insane due to the reasons above.

Thanks for the advice. I kept reading skills>mods, so I thought Olivia!Lucina!Morgan would be worth it for Aether, but I guess not. If the Strength mod is so important, should I go Vaike!Gerome!Morgan? If I were to go for a magic female Morgan, maybe Maribelle!Lucina. Would that screw over Inigo? I can still give him Kellam or Frederick, with Nah taking whichever is left over.

Aether is OK but it doesn't cover female physical classes' shorts, which is the most important problem.

Besides that, people who like Aether don't have their calculating result based on PavGis+, which halves their result.

Vaike!Gerome!Morgan is OK but he needs Olivia!Lucina to be more special.

Olivia!Lucina (Dark Flier) - Vantage, DS+, Galeforce, Charm, filler

VGM (General) - LB, Axefaire, All+2, Hit+20, Agg

This is a VDS+ tank building which can tank the whole Apo with rallybot's help. Without this building VGM can be only a hit & away attacker / supporter.

Edited by MelonGx

You sure Gerome as a General is better than Wyvern Lord? Can you explain to me why please?

For support power, it only calculates Str. General has the best Str cap.

Both General and Wyvern don't have Skl Spd bonus so you won't lose anything by changing Wyvern to General.

For support power, it only calculates Str. General has the best Str cap.

Both General and Wyvern don't have Skl Spd bonus so you won't lose anything by changing Wyvern to General.

I do lose the huge movement wyvern lord had with Deliverer, and the fact that i like Wyvern Lord and dislike General.

Also, can Inigo be Sniper and Severa Assassin? I was just trying out Sniper Inigo, and i really like it. Idk if it is a Rank A or B pairing though.

PS: Yeah im picky with classes

Correction: female exclusive classes tend to be magically oriented, but due to the existence of folks like Gerome and Yarne it's worth keeping some physical girls. Snipers, Heroes, Brides and Paladins are all available for females and while they don't hit as hard as Berserker/Warrior, they're perfectly viable (not to mention that most physical girls are hard leads, and Atk is less important on a lead than on a support).

Sniper x Assassin should work, though Inigo will probably fall short of 75 Spd (too lazy to do the calcs). It's not too big of a deal, though. How many hours do you have on your file?

Correction: female exclusive classes tend to be magically oriented, but due to the existence of folks like Gerome and Yarne it's worth keeping some physical girls. Snipers, Heroes, Brides and Paladins are all available for females and while they don't hit as hard as Berserker/Warrior, they're perfectly viable (not to mention that most physical girls are hard leads, and Atk is less important on a lead than on a support).

Sniper x Assassin should work, though Inigo will probably fall short of 75 Spd (too lazy to do the calcs). It's not too big of a deal, though. How many hours do you have on your file?

I have about 100 hours on my file. And Inigo is 52 speed as sniper(limit breaker included) +9 from pair up, + 8 from rally(i dont have rally heart) makes it 77 speed already.

Aether is OK but it doesn't cover female physical classes' shorts, which is the most important problem.

Besides that, people who like Aether don't have their calculating result based on PavGis+, which halves their result.

Vaike!Gerome!Morgan is OK but he needs Olivia!Lucina to be more special.

Olivia!Lucina (Dark Flier) - Vantage, DS+, Galeforce, Charm, filler

VGM (General) - LB, Axefaire, All+2, Hit+20, Agg

This is a VDS+ tank building which can tank the whole Apo with rallybot's help. Without this building VGM can be only a hit & away attacker / supporter.

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it. Thanks both of you for the help!