Maiden: -FE-

2nd Child

FeMU: C

Sumia: A

Maribelle: C

Olivia: A

Sully: E

Maiden: -

I'm confused by this. How can Sumia!Lucina beat Avatar!Lucina in anything?

I'm confused by this. How can Sumia!Lucina beat Avatar!Lucina in anything?

Sniper cares Spd. +Mag -Def FeMU!Lucina has only +4 Spd, which requires a Spd+2 or restricts her husband to the poor-power Assassin to reach Spd.75. Sumia!Lucina has Spd+5 so she needs neither of above.

+Spd -Def FeMU!Lucina will have A but her 1 & 3 will drop to C (CACA)

+Skl/Str -Def FeMU!Lucina - CDCA

Edited by MelonGx

Lucina's performance in any of those roles will depend on her husband though, and the same husband won't be ideal for each role (how many units do you know who can transition between equally capable hard support Berserkers and Galeforce Sages?), so it's not fair to assume Avatar!Lucina has to do all those with one Asset/Flaw set- she should be able to get whatever set works best with her role. So if that's your reasoning, I think Avatar!Lucina should be bumped up to AAAA.

Hmmm... so while I await Nintendo to fix my 3DS [just to say, my hiatus was caused by two things occurring simultaneously: 1. I got pulled back to WoW. 2. My 3DS ...broke. Dead hinge. Dead top screen.]...

I have decided, that in addition to finally actually building the Counter/Aggression team to squish the frodo (...poor girl, she has never played an FE ever, and is only getting Awakening because the characters are hot. I'm just going to be mean as I can.) who thought it a brilliant idea to challenge me....

I'm going for something.

Upping the Ante so to speak.

Ok, I know this has done many a great thing.

...But that run...

I can go harder, and I know it.

So, to that end:
Apoth SR. No DLC. No Rallies.

Planning Stage.

That means, coming from none of the big 3, I'm losing:

All+2, Extra Double Bows, Extra Valflames, 1 Bride

Not much different planningwise, outside the loss of the double bows [that's what's gonna give me issue-- Forged Longbow just won't cut it.]

Thinking Sumia!Lucina [And Sumia!Lucina!Morgan] (so therefore Stahl!Inigo)

(Also kicked around the idea of running Grandmaster!Robin to allow Lucina more frontlining to make use of all 5 Aether units I'll have (Chrom, Lucina, Cynthia, Morgan, Ike), but that'd kick my anti-Invinicisorc strategy in the ass. So that idea is shelved, for now)

-MIGHT- mess with Morgan's pairing. Right now I'm tossing up between running Inigo [like planned originally] or might switch to Yarne.

(Benefits of switching to Yarne: a bit more firepower. The downside is losing an APT, so don't know.... although, since I'm likely shifting Morgan to mirror Severa's role [but not entirely: Morgan will just be hitting things. Severa still is "Tank".] and I want to run Berserker over Assassin/Bow Knight as a result, I'm not too sure of Inigo's ability to keep killing as a 'zerk with that SKL loss)

Edited by Airship Canon

I have decided, that in addition to finally actually building the Counter/Aggression team to squish the frodo (...poor girl, she has never played an FE ever, and is only getting Awakening because the characters are hot. I'm just going to be mean as I can.) who thought it a brilliant idea to challenge me....

I actually made that team while you were gone, and can vouch for it's power personally.

Anyway, something else that might be useful for this run: It's possible for Lon'qu!Laurent to reach 155 crit (well, 145 crit + Anathema) on a VV build, so he's capable of OHKOing any 55-Lck enemy that lacks Aegis+ without DLC or Rallies with 100% accuracy. It's probably redundant with a normal VV build, but could help.

Reading trough this topic I've decided the following pairings:

Sumia x Chrom

Lissa x Libra

Marribelle x Henry

Olivia x Stahl

Cordelia x Lon Qu

Panne x Fredrick

Nowe x Vaik

Miriel x Ricken

Tharja x Gaius

Sully x Donnel

Cherche x Gregor

I still need to marry my FeMU to a 2nd gen but I have no idea which one and I also don't know if I should go a physical Sniper/wyvern lord avatar and thus physical morgan or dark flier avatar and magical morgan. Could you guys maybe give me some advise on that matter and also i would really appreaciate if somebody could tell me what skills i should let the parents pass on. My avatar is +Speed-Luck btw

Edited by XShadowforceX

Oh snap, you're going to do the full restriction run, AC? Can't wait.

Reading trough this topic I've decided the following pairings:
Sumia x Chrome - I didn't know Sumia was into internet browsers. Jokes aside, perhaps Chrom's best pairing. Pass Galeforce from Sumia
Lissa x Libra - Vantage/Vengeance? Good. Pass Vengeance from Libra, Galeforce from Lissa
Marribelle x Henry - Good. Vengeance from Henry, Galeforce from Mary
Olivia x Stahl - Good. Galeforce from Olivia, Luna from Stahl
Cordelia x Lon Qu - Good. Galeforce from Cordy, Swordfaire from Lonny
Panne x Fredrick - Good. Inheritance doesn't matter.
Nowe x Vaik - Good. Axefaire from Vaike, Lifetaker from Nowi
Miriel x Ricken - Relegated to support.
Tharja x Gaius - Good. Sol from Gaius, Luna from Tharja
Sully x Donnel - Good. Astra from Sully, Aptitude from Donnel.
Cherche x Gerome - Lol uwotm8. Cherche bangs her future son?

I still need to marry my FeMU to a 2nd gen but I have no idea which one and I also don't know if I should go a physical Sniper/wyvern lord avatar and thus physical morgan or dark flier avatar and magical morgan. Could you guys maybe give me some advise on that matter and also i would really appreaciate if somebody could tell me what skills i should let the parents pass on. My avatar is +Speed-Luck btw

Marry Inigo for Physical, Brady for Magical.

Oops! Should have been Gregor instead of Gerome. Ty for The recommendations Ownage

Actually, pass Anathema from Henry. He benefits from it right off the bat.

Edit: For Cherche x Gregor, pass Dual Support+ from Cherche and Axefaire from Gregor.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Hey, thought I'd share my pairing plans with you guys to get your input on suggestions for pairing the children or any pairings I should change while I still can. Bolded pairings are already finalized. (same rules as before apply) :

MaMU: Connor (+Spd-Lck)

ConnorxNowi, passed down veteran and deliverer for Morgan and Nah

FrederickxPanne, haven't decided what to pass down yet, probably deliverer from Panne since Yarne can't learn that himself due to the weird gender inheritance thing there, and it's really the only useful skill that the wyvern tree can pass down

VaikexCordelia, passing down Axefaire and Galeforce

ChromxOlivia, accidentally passed down Swordfaire to Lucina, remedying that as we speak. Passed down galeforce to Inigo though.

DonnelxSully, passing down Aptitude and Aegis (I just reclassed Sully into a great knight for stats, so I could pass luna instead)

LibraxMiriel (this one I'm considering changing since it was based on a mistake on my part as to which gender would have the excess)

RickenxLissa (Galeforce and Luna passed down, obviously)

Lon'quxMaribelle (Astra and Galeforce)

GaiusxTharja (Astra and Luna)

HenryxSumia (Lifetaker and Galeforce. Maybe Lifetaker and Luna since she'd be really close to getting galeforce anyway and luna would be more out of her way...)

GregorxCherche (No clue what to pass down here aside from Dual Support Plus)

Also, a few things about pairing the children: I fully intend to pair Severa with Inigo (Mostly because one of Inigo's few S supports he doesn't either royally screw up or get violently threatened in, but also because they seem like they'd make a good physical galeforce duo), and I want to avoid pairing Yarne with FeMorgan. Other than that, I think I'm flexible.

Again, my rules are:

1: No using children in DLC or skirmishes before beating the game

2: No using Einherjar before beating the game

3: No using Limit Breaker before beating the game

4: No using more than two seals on any character who has children before those children are recruited

5: No using brave weapons under any circumstances ever.

Edited by Alastor15243

I actually made that team while you were gone, and can vouch for it's power personally.

Anyway, something else that might be useful for this run: It's possible for Lon'qu!Laurent to reach 155 crit (well, 145 crit + Anathema) on a VV build, so he's capable of OHKOing any 55-Lck enemy that lacks Aegis+ without DLC or Rallies with 100% accuracy. It's probably redundant with a normal VV build, but could help.

The catch is that part of it is that I still need LQ for Severa. So while I could take advantage of that to clear trash [a lot of trash...] it might just cost me on bosses.

I'm wanting 2 60(+) speed units for the Double 'zerker fight.

LQ!Severa has precisely 60 Speed as a Hero

[48 Base, 2 Tonic, 2 Speed+2, 8 Berserker pair = 60] ...given how effective she (+Gerome) was in the last one, I don't really want to mess with that.

A possible idea is Virion!Severa, and have her partner run Assassin, which'd give her 60 Speed all the same (and her damage wouldn't change much (well, it would, losing a total of 5 points (A+2 and 3 from zerk-> assassin)), but...

Gregor!Gerome@Assassin [support]

46 STR +5 (Swordfaire) +2 (Tonic) +2 (STR+2) + 9 (Weapon base) +5 (Forge) +3 (weapon rank)

... he'd be doing 2-4 damage to those guys vs the 9-11 he WAS doing as a 'zerk.

...That's a HUGE damage loss.

Sevvy'd still be doing solid, but we're going from 23+18 to 20+4 (41 to 24, a... 41% damage loss)

Sure I could potentially make up for it via Morgan's assistance, but that's a harsh loss, and it may cost me the fight [or keep it firmly in the "Luck based" area]

..I might look at moving Severa out of "tank" and having her run Falcoknight [even if that'd give the Zerks WTA (And 1 more damage)]

... 49 SPD base nets her a nice 61.

But her offense on those guys:

40 +10 (pair) +5 (Lancefaire?) +2 (tonic) + 19 (Gradivus) -1 (WTD):

75 ATK at base (4 vs Thronie, 5 vs double)

...They'd hit for 82(!!)

...so a retalitory strike'd do... 24 damage.

But... there goes my tank.

I might be able to squeeze something with Morgan though (Aether, Luna, Lancebreaker, Avoid+10, Gale?). [Although it would indeed lock me to a partner swap. Hmmm...]

Oh snap, you're going to do the full restriction run, AC? Can't wait.

Yeah.

Don't know if I'll be able to record it. Might. might not.

At the very least I'll Miiverse it and put up followable Screenies.

Edited by Airship Canon

FrederickxPanne, haven't decided what to pass down yet, probably deliverer from Panne since Yarne can't learn that himself due to the weird gender inheritance thing there, and it's really the only useful skill that the wyvern tree can pass down

Actually, Frederick!Yarne gets Wyvern Rider.

Since we're talking about skill pass downs, could I ask for opinions? In my current file, I stepped out of my usual comfort zone and married pairings I've been meaning to try. Problem with that is a lot of them are brand new for me so I'm torn on what to pass down.

Could I ask for opinions? Please note though I do not care if you think these are horrible pairings for whatever reason. I've played the game long enough to know about this and that, and frankly I don't care because the kids either turn out surprisingly well or I just work with them to fix them up.
I just want to know if there're better skills I can pass down to the kids listed.

Here's the list:

Maribelle/Frederick --> Gale Force & Luna

Tharja/Stahl --> Vengeance & Vantage

Cherche/Lon'qu --> Dual Support+ & Astra

Sully/Kellam --> (This one I'm most torn on) Vantage or Astra & Luna (He's already a GK but it's not too late for me to SS him if you insist)

Cordelia/Gaius --> Gale Force & Lethality

Olivia/Henry --> Gale Force & Vengeance (I'm pretty dead set on this one)

Panne/Gregor --> Lethality & Sol

Ok that's all of them. Thanks in advance for any help!

Aptitude doesn't actually help Kjelle since she'll most likely cap her stats before getting all her skills- I prefer to pass Underdog instead. Also, passdowns don't matter at all if the child gets all of that parent's classes and you're focusing on postgame, so don't sweat most of the passdown stuff.

The catch is that part of it is that I still need LQ for Severa. So while I could take advantage of that to clear trash [a lot of trash...] it might just cost me on bosses.

Well, actually Gregor!Laurent can work too- though he'll only have 95 listed Hit against the Forseti Sage thanks to needing an extra point in mt forge). Here's some math in case you do find it useful (unfortunately Barracks is required, but only in Skl).

The target is the Forseti Sage on Wave 4 (has the highest Res and highest Avo of any suitable enemy) (120 Avo, 55 Res). 109 Atk, 155 Crit and 220 Hit needed for a OHKO.

Gregor!Laurent@Sage (V/V/Wrath/Gamble/Focus) x someone@Sage (Solidarity/Anathema/DS+/filler x2)

Skl: 43(base) +7(pairup) +4(mods) +4(barracks) +2(tonic) =60

Lck: 45(base) +3(pairup) +2(tonic) =50

Hit: 115(base) +75(Wilderwind/WRB) +20(support/DS+) -5(Gamble) +10(Anathema) =215. He can get 100% too on that Sage if the support also has Hex and he gets a 1-range attack.

Crit: 30(base) +20(Wrath) +10(Gamble) +10(Focus) +10(Solidarity) +10(Anathema) +15(DS+) +50(Wilderwind) =155

Atk: 46(base) +3(mods) +9(pairup) +7(Wilderwind) +2(tonic) +42(Vengeance) =109

109-55/2*3 =81

Fair enough on Aptitude. I just pass it down for the heck of it.

Sweet math you got there. Never knew Gregor!Laurent was capable of that. Would this mean that his support doesn't even need to hit anything?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, August 2, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, August 2, 2014 - No reason given

Double post. Please delete.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

It does indeed. It's quite amazing because if Laurent had literally 1 less Skl then Lon'qu would be required, and if he has 2 less then it wouldn't work at all. He also perfectly hits the Mag threshold (Lon'qu!Laurent is one above, but he puts a point of Hit into his WWs so he has 100% on the Sage). It's so perfect, it's like the devs intended for you to be able to do this.

By my calculations, the maximum possible Crit is actually 178, but that requires sacrificing VV and is essentially useless outside of showing off.

I'm also trying to make a build that can do this with Falco + Minature Lance (another 35-crit forgeable 1-2 range weapon) to hit Aegis+ foes, but it's much harder because M.Lance's other stats are so bad, Falcos aren't very strong, and enemies have higher Def in general.

Aptitude doesn't actually help Kjelle since she'll most likely cap her stats before getting all her skills- I prefer to pass Underdog instead. Also, passdowns don't matter at all if the child gets all of that parent's classes and you're focusing on postgame, so don't sweat most of the passdown stuff.

Were you talking to me? If so, thanks for the advice. Any thoughts on how I should revise my pairings or what child pairings I should do?